Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Plastic Was Fantastic 00:11 - Feb 12 with 1961 viewsBoston

Not watched for a while, but always worth it for the dancing steward at the final whistle.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 03:17 - Feb 12 with 1874 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ahh what a great day, top posting Bossie.

Even caught sight of my late dad and I in the crowd. Which is particularly poignant as today would have been his birthday as well. Thank you fella.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 5:42]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 06:19 - Feb 12 with 1821 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Cheers Boston

You Champ
When Plastic Was Fantastic on 08:21 - Feb 12 with 1723 viewsmarkqpr

Nice one Boston.

This is still my favourite match to have attended.

This is the game when 9 year old me realised that we were actually decent under Venables and that we could actually win something, maybe get promoted as well.

Terry Venables is still God in my house.
When Plastic Was Fantastic on 08:23 - Feb 12 with 1718 viewspaulparker

Loved the big match theme still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling listening to it

Also loved the guy in the green bomber jacket chasing after Allen after he scored

The dancing steward, back then it were fans who did the stewarding and sold the programmes

Jim Gregory was way a head of his time , oh for someone like him again running the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 10:43 - Feb 12 with 1627 viewsMoonshineSteve

Watching that on a mobile; was that Tom dancing?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 11:20 - Feb 12 with 1589 viewsloftboy

Roof over the pitch, wondered what happened to that idea?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 11:22 - Feb 12 with 1587 viewsHarbour

Nice highlights quite interesting Gregory’s plan to put a roof on the stadium to create an events stadium.
When Plastic Was Fantastic on 11:38 - Feb 12 with 1567 viewsThe_Beast1976

Beautiful.

Nice to see Chairman Jim too (RIP)
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 11:41]
Login to get fewer ads

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 11:44 - Feb 12 with 1550 viewsThe_Beast1976

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 08:23 - Feb 12 by paulparker

Loved the big match theme still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling listening to it

Also loved the guy in the green bomber jacket chasing after Allen after he scored

The dancing steward, back then it were fans who did the stewarding and sold the programmes

Jim Gregory was way a head of his time , oh for someone like him again running the club

Talking about theme tunes, how good is this one. Brings back great memories of childhood and football when it was more about sport than money and showbiz

[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 11:48]
When Plastic Was Fantastic on 11:51 - Feb 12 with 1526 viewspaulparker

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 11:44 - Feb 12 by The_Beast1976

Talking about theme tunes, how good is this one. Brings back great memories of childhood and football when it was more about sport than money and showbiz

[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 11:48]

The match was quite ground breaking in its day as they had more televised games than normal, before the match it was BBC one week then ITV the next , I’m sure ITV bought the rights to the 1st division , then 2 seasons later it all went to SkY

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 11:59 - Feb 12 with 1513 viewsloftboy

This was the best big match theme

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 12:16 - Feb 12 with 1495 viewsdodge_stoke_r

What a great game for entertainment. Two teams actually trying to win. No play acting by players. And tackles, remember them? Now I dare someone to say that the "possession is king" ,sideways, backwards passing almost walking pace game of today is better. Entertainment, the forgotten word in English football.
When Plastic Was Fantastic on 15:08 - Feb 12 with 1366 viewsthemodfather

that game me and my mate, micky, went up unto the upper loft, instead of the terrace, we were discussing how to get to the replay after school, when we got the corner and goal. cancel the bus trip ( 68 from chalk farm to selhurst park) , what was the crowd that day, 28000?
When Plastic Was Fantastic on 15:27 - Feb 12 with 1349 viewsCamberleyR

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 15:08 - Feb 12 by themodfather

that game me and my mate, micky, went up unto the upper loft, instead of the terrace, we were discussing how to get to the replay after school, when we got the corner and goal. cancel the bus trip ( 68 from chalk farm to selhurst park) , what was the crowd that day, 28000?

From the season stats files on the excellent qprnet.com it says the crowd that day was 24,653.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

When Plastic Was Fantastic on 16:00 - Feb 12 with 1291 viewsKingstan

Many thanks for the memory. That's my b/w photo of Clive Allens winning goal. I left as soon as the goal went in as I had a reasonable snap of Allens celebration in front of the school end but I got a roasting because the papers wanted the images of the mounted police that came onto the pitch at the final whistle especially a bobby mounted on a white horse which I barged passed on my way out of the exit. A pic of the white horse was the one all the papers wanted and not my pic of Allens celebration.
When Plastic Was Fantastic on 16:24 - Feb 12 with 1262 viewsPinnerPaul

Artificial pitches just a tad better now though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024