Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report 14:57 - Apr 11 with 2831 viewsNorthernr

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report 11th Apr 2021 14:42
Lyndon Dykes enjoyed his best day in a QPR shirt with two beautifully taken goals and a man of the match performance in a 4-1 home victory against Sheff Wed on Saturday. 19

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 15:41 - Apr 11 with 2674 viewsMatch82

Excellent report as ever Clive. "Where they are going they dont need Rhodes" a personal favourite.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 16:03 - Apr 11 with 2596 viewsted_hendrix

6-3 wouldn't have been a ridiculous finishing score.

Willock when he hit the post was awesome.

It's not often supporting this club that on the 11th April you can sit in your armchair sigh and just say; "Yea" in a Condor moment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 16:13 - Apr 11 with 2550 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 15:41 - Apr 11 by Match82

Excellent report as ever Clive. "Where they are going they dont need Rhodes" a personal favourite.

Ya, that's a great line.

Excellent stuff yet again, Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 16:29 - Apr 11 with 2499 viewsterryb

The Kakay "handball".

I would say that by the laws of the game a corner was the correct decision, but I'm sure VAR would have awarded a penalty & a sending off.

It certainly hit Ossie on the arm, but the ball had travelled only inches off the head of the Wednesday player & was not deliberate. I'm going to give him credit for getting anywhere close to the attacker!

It was at almost the same stage of last season that we played this match. I think we can agree that we were vastly improved this season in performance & attitude.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 18:39 - Apr 11 with 2177 viewsgazza1

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 16:29 - Apr 11 by terryb

The Kakay "handball".

I would say that by the laws of the game a corner was the correct decision, but I'm sure VAR would have awarded a penalty & a sending off.

It certainly hit Ossie on the arm, but the ball had travelled only inches off the head of the Wednesday player & was not deliberate. I'm going to give him credit for getting anywhere close to the attacker!

It was at almost the same stage of last season that we played this match. I think we can agree that we were vastly improved this season in performance & attitude.

Penalty all day long.....arm should not be anywhere near it was.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 18:50 - Apr 11 with 2143 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That was the only one I thought was a penalty.

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 20:20 - Apr 11 with 1942 viewsMyke

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 18:39 - Apr 11 by gazza1

Penalty all day long.....arm should not be anywhere near it was.

Kakay had a poor game, but I thought that was his best contribution in terms of goal prevention. You say his 'arm should not be anywhere near it was' but I would defy anyone to get decent elevation in a jump without raising their arms to 'propel' them upwards. Even an old guy like me can jump higher with my hands up than down by my sides. If he kept them down, then he would have been easily out-jumped and it was a simple nod in. I'm not saying you are not right that it was a penalty (one thing it definitely wasn't, was a corner), but I'm not sure he could have approached a last ditch aerial clearance any differently.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 20:48 - Apr 11 with 1865 viewsgazza1

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 20:20 - Apr 11 by Myke

Kakay had a poor game, but I thought that was his best contribution in terms of goal prevention. You say his 'arm should not be anywhere near it was' but I would defy anyone to get decent elevation in a jump without raising their arms to 'propel' them upwards. Even an old guy like me can jump higher with my hands up than down by my sides. If he kept them down, then he would have been easily out-jumped and it was a simple nod in. I'm not saying you are not right that it was a penalty (one thing it definitely wasn't, was a corner), but I'm not sure he could have approached a last ditch aerial clearance any differently.

My view.....he knew full well what he was doing and well done to him because we could be looking at a very much closer score line than 4-1. You win some and you loose some, pleased we won this one because it was important at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 21:03 - Apr 11 with 1829 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The bigger problem was that he had to handle it as he let his man get goal-side of him.
Decent recovery but we got away with that one, I felt.

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 22:08 - Apr 11 with 1713 viewsOldPedro

I thought Kakay was exposed a few times but Weds seemed to favour their left with Reach being their best player after Bannon.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 07:47 - Apr 12 with 1349 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 22:08 - Apr 11 by OldPedro

I thought Kakay was exposed a few times but Weds seemed to favour their left with Reach being their best player after Bannon.

Agreed, thought they started off with a few balls behind (ok then, diags) Wallace but from there on in it was focused down Kakay's wing.

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 09:49 - Apr 12 with 1175 viewsdaveB

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 22:08 - Apr 11 by OldPedro

I thought he was all over the place on Saturday and a real weak link but when he moved to centre half he was a lot better
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 1173 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm not having that the number of Sky replays correlates to the accuracy of the referee's decisions! , but with VAR, I'm sure the Kakay incident would have been a penalty.

Like you, I didn't think any of the others were even close.

Yellow cards correct, don't think he missed any either.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 09:53 - Apr 12 with 1168 viewsNorthernr

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 09:51 - Apr 12 by PinnerPaul

I'm not having that the number of Sky replays correlates to the accuracy of the referee's decisions! , but with VAR, I'm sure the Kakay incident would have been a penalty.

Like you, I didn't think any of the others were even close.

Yellow cards correct, don't think he missed any either.

We watched the Sky coverage with the QPR commentary, I presumed given given number of replays they went through the Sky coms were making a big deal over it.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 09:55 - Apr 12 with 1161 viewsPinnerPaul

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 09:53 - Apr 12 by Northernr

We watched the Sky coverage with the QPR commentary, I presumed given given number of replays they went through the Sky coms were making a big deal over it.

Watched on offy, so no idea, but yes you're probably correct, but then TV love to make a big deal out of any decisions that are debateable.

Off refereeing, if we can't have Mr Johansson next season , can we have Mr Bannan please!
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 1091 viewsfrancisbowles

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Dykes now on NINE goals.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 1090 viewsterryb

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 09:53 - Apr 12 by Northernr

From memory (never too reliable on anything recent), I think Gabbidon said that a penalty would have been very harsh as it hit his arm from a distance of inches.

I've no idea what was said in the studio afterwards as I had a match thread to catch up on!
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 11:47 - Apr 12 with 1002 viewsRog

In old money it wasn't a penalty as it wasn't deliberate. In funny money it was a penalty because his arm was in an unnatural position. At the time I wasn't even certain it did hit his arm but it wasn't clear. Only a 6 for the ref seems harsh, I thought he did ok and certainly kept the game flowing.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 12:22 - Apr 12 with 949 viewsNorthernr

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 11:47 - Apr 12 by Rog

In old money it wasn't a penalty as it wasn't deliberate. In funny money it was a penalty because his arm was in an unnatural position. At the time I wasn't even certain it did hit his arm but it wasn't clear. Only a 6 for the ref seems harsh, I thought he did ok and certainly kept the game flowing.

Would suspect if you look at the Wednesday sites they think a 6 is very generous. Tough one to grade.
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 15:28 - Apr 12 with 798 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 15:41 - Apr 11 by Match82

Ahh Back ToThe Future with Doc Brown one of the best ever IMO even the Wild West one where MJ.Fox butchers an Irish accent "Maggie where's me Hat ".When my kids were small they watched all 3 in a row multiple times even id No 2 was a bit dodgy .
QPR are either flying or brutal its hard to know what is coming day to day
Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 16:12 - Apr 12 with 751 viewsPinnerPaul

Dykes comes good as QPR nudge Owls towards doom — Report on 12:22 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Would suspect if you look at the Wednesday sites they think a 6 is very generous. Tough one to grade.

Fact they lost will have a lot to do with that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024