Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bielik Incident yesterday. 10:51 - Apr 19 with 4948 viewsEsox_Lucius

Once he was struck in the face, play was allowed to continue for a short while but when the game was stopped QPR were in possession. Why then did the Ref give the ball back to the Allsop when play was restarted? I thought that the laws were changed from a challenged dropped ball, to the ball being given back to the team who were in possession when the game was stopped?

The grass is always greener.

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:54 - Apr 19 with 3968 viewsaston_hoop

I have no comment on the incident, I just want to say that bloke cost £10 million and is one of the worst players I've seen us come up against this season alongside Bali Mumba at Peterborough and a defender at Brum who's name I forgot.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:54 - Apr 19 with 3965 viewsdaveB

Dykes was saying the same to him, was ridiculous. I think because of the injury he just gave the ball to them
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 10:55]
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:57 - Apr 19 with 3910 viewsLblock

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:54 - Apr 19 by aston_hoop

I have no comment on the incident, I just want to say that bloke cost £10 million and is one of the worst players I've seen us come up against this season alongside Bali Mumba at Peterborough and a defender at Brum who's name I forgot.

Sanderson?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:59 - Apr 19 with 3911 viewsaston_hoop

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:57 - Apr 19 by Lblock

Sanderson?

Haha, fair shout but no! Chelsea loan I think, got mercy killed at half time

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:00 - Apr 19 with 3904 viewsEsox_Lucius

I expect there is another letter to Lee Hoos on it's way from the PGMOL for yesterdays interpretation of the laws.

The grass is always greener.

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:01 - Apr 19 with 3892 viewsAntti_Heinola

Baffling that we didn't have the ball back, but equally baffling at the angry reaction from the majority of the crowd when the ref stopped the game. Poor guy was clearly out, and as proved was concussed and had to come off. Ref let the phase of play continue as long as he could.

Bare bones.

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:01 - Apr 19 with 3886 viewsfrancisbowles

Hopefully, Pinner will have a view after he has watched it again.

I thought the ref was poor yesterday, free kicks for almost every challenge, insisted on everything being taken from the correct spot but then letting it go when they weren't. Unless you were Derby's goalkeeper, where you were allowed to move it ten yards in and five yards forward when taking free kicks.

Game almost ruined as a spectacle due constant stoppages.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:17 - Apr 19 with 3805 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Yeah this baffled me too. Play should have been stopped immediately and we should have go the ball kicked back to us. Fortunately their goalie kicked it to touch anyway.
Ref was very strange yesterday. Derby seemed to have a player on the floor from any set piece we took and he fell for it most of the time.
Login to get fewer ads

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:26 - Apr 19 with 3749 viewsLogman

In fairness, the ref was one of the better ones we have had this season. He didn't over-impose himself on the game, by and large got most decisions right and didn't kill it. We have had far far worse this season.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:28 - Apr 19 with 3743 viewspaulhoop2

Just be thankful it was not the 4th reffing one of Clive’s favs

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:44 - Apr 19 with 3665 viewsdoogi10

1 the ref should have blown up straigh away he was full blast in the face
2 how was amos goal disallowed no way was he offside
3 he never booked sam field
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:51 - Apr 19 with 3627 viewsQPRSteve

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:44 - Apr 19 by doogi10

1 the ref should have blown up straigh away he was full blast in the face
2 how was amos goal disallowed no way was he offside
3 he never booked sam field

3. Oh yes he did.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 12:00 - Apr 19 with 3571 viewsdoogi10

lol i just checked
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 12:12 - Apr 19 with 3521 viewsLongsufferingR

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:01 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

Baffling that we didn't have the ball back, but equally baffling at the angry reaction from the majority of the crowd when the ref stopped the game. Poor guy was clearly out, and as proved was concussed and had to come off. Ref let the phase of play continue as long as he could.

No, can't agree with that at all. Either he thinks it's a serious head injury, in which case blow up straight away, or else allow play to continue until the ball goes out or is put out. You can't play on for 30 seconds, allow two shots and then blow up while the ball is still in the penalty area! Complete indecision resulting in understandable anger from the fans (well, me anyway).
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 12:16 - Apr 19 with 3502 viewsWegerles_Stairs

How was there only one minute injury time in the first half? There was a stoppage of at least 3-4 minutes.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 12:33 - Apr 19 with 3441 viewsterryb

IMO the only thing the referee did wrong in this case (and it is a very big mistake) was not to stop play immediately. If he had done so, Rangers were in pocession of the ball outside the penalty area (important point) & would have been given the ball. Not that this is the reason as to why he should have stopped the game!

However, he didn't stop play until we had a shot & the ball was in the penalty area. Although I can't remember who had the ball when he whistled, that is unimportant. Under the laws of the game, if play is stopped with the ball in the penalty area, the game is restarted by giving the ball to the goalkeeper. No ifs or buts.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 13:09 - Apr 19 with 3321 viewsFrankRightguard

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:54 - Apr 19 by daveB

Dykes was saying the same to him, was ridiculous. I think because of the injury he just gave the ball to them
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 10:55]

At least Allsop did the right thing and just hooked it straight out of play anyway…
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 14:32 - Apr 19 with 3096 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:28 - Apr 19 by paulhoop2

Just be thankful it was not the 4th reffing one of Clive’s favs

Good old Chuckles got a bollicking from Rooney a few rimes it looked like over what I have no clue.
He does look like a tool for sure but he did no damage to us at least.
Jimmy Dunne got dragged down when we had a corner but the ref gave the foul against him it was very strange.
Amos looked even for the offside goal but without VAR they dont give many replays
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 14:33 - Apr 19 with 3088 viewsMalintabuk

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 13:09 - Apr 19 by FrankRightguard

At least Allsop did the right thing and just hooked it straight out of play anyway…

Think that was what was agreed. From SA stand it looked like the ref told the keeper to kick it out for our throw
Think that was the best course of action.... could you imagine the mayhem if we were given the ball in their box.....
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 14:37]
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 14:38 - Apr 19 with 3059 viewsDWQPR

To be fair to a Bielik it was a fantastic block. Nearly took his face right off as McCallum hit it as sweetly as I’ve ever seen a shot struck. Shame there isn’t anything such as ball tracking in football as I’m certain that once it went through the net it would have drilled a hole through the lower loft.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:14 - Apr 19 with 2974 viewsRed_Ranger

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 10:57 - Apr 19 by Lblock

Sanderson?

he he he..

i actually thought , apart from one incident, that Sanderson had a good game yesterday.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:32 - Apr 19 with 2911 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:14 - Apr 19 by Red_Ranger

he he he..

i actually thought , apart from one incident, that Sanderson had a good game yesterday.

Two or three (at least) really annoying simple passes that he gave away, but otherwise he played really well.

Bare bones.

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:37 - Apr 19 with 2890 viewsMyke

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:32 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

Two or three (at least) really annoying simple passes that he gave away, but otherwise he played really well.

Is he a better option than Masterson next season, if we are to assume we lose Barbet?
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:44 - Apr 19 with 2870 viewslarsricchi

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:32 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, there were two occasions where I feared a Sanderson giveaway was going to prove costly. Thankfully we survived.

In the aftermath of the Bielik blast, my son and I both admitted to each other that neither one of us would be brave enough to stand in the way of shots like that. Not that Bielik had any choice in the matter on this particular shot, of course.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 16:55 - Apr 19 with 2716 viewsPinnerPaul

Apologies if repeated above, but if play is stopped when ball in the penalty area, it has to be to the GK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024