Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's that time again - Report 17:41 - Apr 19 with 3692 viewsNorthernr

It's that time again - Report 19th Apr 2022 16:51
QPR kept faint play-off hopes alive, and ended Derby's spirited resistance against Championship relegation once and for all, with their traditional last minute winner against the Rams at Loftus Road on Easter Monday. 12

It's that time again - Report on 18:09 - Apr 19 with 3569 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive, bit generous/mean with some of the marks, but its all opinions, but sums up the game nicely.

I think we are playing now like a typical mid table Championship team.

If only (Part 367) we had done that through Feb/Mar.
It's that time again - Report on 18:13 - Apr 19 with 3560 viewsNorthernr

Interactive ratings for reference...

Keiren Westwood 6.44
Moses Odubajo 6.56
Dion Sanderson 5.92
Jimmy Dunne 7.23
Sam McCallum 6.48
Andre Dozzell 6.02
Sam Field 6.79
Luke Amos 7.44
Ilias Chair 7.38
George Thomas 6.75
Lyndon Dykes 6.33
It's that time again - Report on 18:35 - Apr 19 with 3486 viewswestberksr

good report Clive; dealing with the Plucky Derby stuff very well.

our collapse, injuries aside, has been ridiculous and not taking more than 1 point from the 2 bottom clubs and losing in the Cup to one too, is just about the most QPRsy thing QPR could have done this season

now watch us drag this out to the last kick and miss out on goal difference!
It's that time again - Report on 18:37 - Apr 19 with 3485 viewsNorthernr

It's that time again - Report on 18:35 - Apr 19 by westberksr

good report Clive; dealing with the Plucky Derby stuff very well.

our collapse, injuries aside, has been ridiculous and not taking more than 1 point from the 2 bottom clubs and losing in the Cup to one too, is just about the most QPRsy thing QPR could have done this season

now watch us drag this out to the last kick and miss out on goal difference!

I think we're going to come up short by literally Peterborough H and Cardiff H, both games against crap sides that we were winning.
It's that time again - Report on 19:13 - Apr 19 with 3365 viewsJamesB1979

Don’t really think too much about your player ratings as normally I’m in the same ball park. But I thought McCallum was MoM…… But you thought our worst player.
It's that time again - Report on 19:15 - Apr 19 with 3356 viewsNorthernr

It's that time again - Report on 19:13 - Apr 19 by JamesB1979

Don’t really think too much about your player ratings as normally I’m in the same ball park. But I thought McCallum was MoM…… But you thought our worst player.

Well I've copped some on Twitter for that as well so I'll up him to a 6 but did you not think he got absolutely ripped apart by that lad second half? Lucky not to concede a penalty on one of multiple occasions the guy ran through or around him?
It's that time again - Report on 19:39 - Apr 19 with 3263 viewsaston_hoop

Was messaging a Norwich mate at HT telling him that McCallum looked superb. Second half he got destroyed by Ebiowei. A 7 for the first and a low 5 for the second half

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

It's that time again - Report on 20:33 - Apr 19 with 3082 viewseastside_r

It's that time again - Report on 19:39 - Apr 19 by aston_hoop

Was messaging a Norwich mate at HT telling him that McCallum looked superb. Second half he got destroyed by Ebiowei. A 7 for the first and a low 5 for the second half

FWIW Dean Smith was in the Director’s Box, presumably casting an eye over McCallum.
Login to get fewer ads

It's that time again - Report on 21:57 - Apr 19 with 2848 viewsCLAREMAN1995

It's that time again - Report on 19:15 - Apr 19 by Northernr

Well I've copped some on Twitter for that as well so I'll up him to a 6 but did you not think he got absolutely ripped apart by that lad second half? Lucky not to concede a penalty on one of multiple occasions the guy ran through or around him?

Compared to his Huddersfield performance McCallum was well below here IMO.Not only getting beaten easily multiple times but he lacked the attacking penetration for some reason.
I thought Jimmy Dunne was MOM saving us on multiple occasions and giving up his body too.
A welcome 3 points and yes it gives us that glimmer of hope
It's that time again - Report on 22:43 - Apr 19 with 2715 viewsLblock

It's that time again - Report on 18:13 - Apr 19 by Northernr

Keiren Westwood 6.44
Moses Odubajo 6.56
Dion Sanderson 5.92
Jimmy Dunne 7.23
Sam McCallum 6.48
Andre Dozzell 6.02
Sam Field 6.79
Luke Amos 7.44
Ilias Chair 7.38
George Thomas 6.75
Lyndon Dykes 6.33

So “our” worst performer on the day is agreed as Sanderson

I concur

I was quite pleased when we captured him after seeing him for Brum a few times. I thought “at last….pace!”
He’s been a disaster as far as I’m concerned
Sent off stupidly at a key time
Offered zero going forward
He actually looks and plays like this is beneath him
Coughs up possession needlessly and in dangerous areas

Undoubtedly there’s a player in there and he does have pace. He’ll certainly go on to have a great career, probably at much bigger and better clubs than us, but I’d sooner have Masterson or Jordi back myself.
I’ll caveat all that by still acknowledging I was there when Danny Shittu made his debut for us and thought he should never pull a hooped shirt on again…..glad I was so wrong

Yes he’s been better lately; but that’s coming from a low bar isn’t it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

It's that time again - Report on 23:00 - Apr 19 with 2658 viewsnix

It's that time again - Report on 22:43 - Apr 19 by Lblock

So “our” worst performer on the day is agreed as Sanderson

I concur

I was quite pleased when we captured him after seeing him for Brum a few times. I thought “at last….pace!”
He’s been a disaster as far as I’m concerned
Sent off stupidly at a key time
Offered zero going forward
He actually looks and plays like this is beneath him
Coughs up possession needlessly and in dangerous areas

Undoubtedly there’s a player in there and he does have pace. He’ll certainly go on to have a great career, probably at much bigger and better clubs than us, but I’d sooner have Masterson or Jordi back myself.
I’ll caveat all that by still acknowledging I was there when Danny Shittu made his debut for us and thought he should never pull a hooped shirt on again…..glad I was so wrong

Yes he’s been better lately; but that’s coming from a low bar isn’t it

It's a puzzler. I thought he looked really good for Birmingham too and their fans wanted to keep him. For some reason he's been a shadow of that player since joining us. I do think he's got potential though.
It's that time again - Report on 01:55 - Apr 20 with 2490 viewsVancouverHoop

Ever the optimist, remember how mistake prone Barbet and Wallace were in their early matches? Defenders' errors are often more embarrassing and disastrous and than other positions, so I'm prone to giving them a little more rope. There's a player in there I think – got a heck of a tackle on him – whether it's with us or not is another matter.
It's that time again - Report on 02:30 - Apr 20 with 2487 viewsMatch82

It's that time again - Report on 01:55 - Apr 20 by VancouverHoop

Ever the optimist, remember how mistake prone Barbet and Wallace were in their early matches? Defenders' errors are often more embarrassing and disastrous and than other positions, so I'm prone to giving them a little more rope. There's a player in there I think – got a heck of a tackle on him – whether it's with us or not is another matter.

I think this is why we tend to hold loan players to a higher set of expectations though. If Dunne, Masterson etc make a series of youthful errors which they can grow and learn from then that could benefit us down the line. But someone on loan is just going to cost us, then if they learn it benefits their parent club next year. No problem with that, we benefit from kids making mistakes in league one and league two and coming back, but it's why if you bring a young player in on loan they have to be head and shoulders above everyone else, to make up for those mistakes learning on the job. We had those expectations for Sanderson based on what we'd seen elsewhere but he hasn't lived up to them. Maybe he will elsewhere but that doesn't help us
It's that time again - Report on 04:51 - Apr 20 with 2442 viewsnix

It's that time again - Report on 02:30 - Apr 20 by Match82

I think this is why we tend to hold loan players to a higher set of expectations though. If Dunne, Masterson etc make a series of youthful errors which they can grow and learn from then that could benefit us down the line. But someone on loan is just going to cost us, then if they learn it benefits their parent club next year. No problem with that, we benefit from kids making mistakes in league one and league two and coming back, but it's why if you bring a young player in on loan they have to be head and shoulders above everyone else, to make up for those mistakes learning on the job. We had those expectations for Sanderson based on what we'd seen elsewhere but he hasn't lived up to them. Maybe he will elsewhere but that doesn't help us

Talking of Masterson, I thought I'd look at his performances recently as I couldn't sleep. I have to wonder if he's going to make it for us. In the last three games that he's played 90 minutes his total stats have been:

5 clearances 56% passing accuracy
2 interceptions
3 blocked shots
4 tackles

Barbets have been

9 clearances. 81% passing accuracy
12 interceptions
3 blocked shots
4 tackles

Dunne's have been

19 clearances. 81% passing accuracy
3 interceptions
4 blocked shots
2 tackles

I know stats aren't everything but he doesn't seem to be tearing up trees, especially given that he's gone down a division. And he's only a year younger than Jimmy Dunne, so the same age as when Dunne joined us and a year younger than Dickie when he joined us. I have to wonder whether we might do better looking at other youngish defenders.
It's that time again - Report on 07:44 - Apr 20 with 2317 viewsJamesB1979

Well I thought he was up against their best player if not the best player on the pitch. I think all championship full backs would have struggled. He kept at it and did some very good stuff defensively and going forward.
It's that time again - Report on 08:04 - Apr 20 with 2288 viewsRs_Holy

I watched just about everything footy related when I got my first Sky box (even selecting 'player cam' at some point in most matches ... just because you could). Actually my son and daughter really liked Dream Team so it was one of the few 'sit down together in front of the TV as a family' moments (along with Fort Boyard the bleed'n X Factor). Dream Team was very far fetched but happy memories none the less.... Thanks again Clive for a top report :)
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 10:09]
It's that time again - Report on 09:09 - Apr 20 with 2199 viewsAntti_Heinola

Totally agree Clive - on the plus side, he worked really hard, had a fight on his hands and didn't hide and was tidy on the ball, on the negative, the winger absolutely torched him and twice first half when he had fantastic opportunities to cross on the byline he found the first man. Giving someone a lower mark isn't an insult, just representative of a performance!

Bare bones.

It's that time again - Report on 11:11 - Apr 20 with 1970 viewsNorthantsHoop

Fine report Clive and a balanced view on what has happened to Derby and how they need to progress. I must admit it was pleasing to see Luke Amos score in the last minute, as in my view Derby should have been down last season and it was their time to take the punishment of relegation. Overall thought we looked right on it for this game, started positively and maintained it for two thirds of the game, although Derby were on top for last 25 minutes and looking nailed on to score until the beautifully created Amos goal. So pleased Luke is getting goals and recovered from that serious injury. George Thomas deserves a lot of credit as well for energy, enthusiasm and his all round play, we have a player in there, get a goal and who knows.
It's that time again - Report on 11:12 - Apr 20 with 1959 viewstoboboly

It's that time again - Report on 18:37 - Apr 19 by Northernr

I think we're going to come up short by literally Peterborough H and Cardiff H, both games against crap sides that we were winning.

It's probably going to be 3 points isn't it. One win against P'boro and it would all be so different.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

It's that time again - Report on 11:14 - Apr 20 with 1951 viewstoboboly

Think that might have been a fitness thing too. He was done by the end, at one point he just launched the ball to nowhere, absolutely exhausted. Warbs berated him but I don't think Macallum had anything left in the tank.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

It's that time again - Report on 12:48 - Apr 20 with 1822 viewsPhilmyRs

Just catching up on this but fully agree. First half quite good, but second half he couldn't live with that winger, was nervous every time the ball went to him. Thought they should have had a penalty as well because of a challenge he made. I like him as a player, lots of enthusiasm and not afraid to win his headers which I quite like for a left back but he wasn't MOTM material on that showing.
It's that time again - Report on 17:58 - Apr 20 with 1524 viewsPinnerPaul

It's that time again - Report on 18:13 - Apr 19 by Northernr

Keiren Westwood 6.44
Moses Odubajo 6.56
Dion Sanderson 5.92
Jimmy Dunne 7.23
Sam McCallum 6.48
Andre Dozzell 6.02
Sam Field 6.79
Luke Amos 7.44
Ilias Chair 7.38
George Thomas 6.75
Lyndon Dykes 6.33

Its picky, but I suppose my two beefs are Sanderson and Amos getting the same - Sanderson IS the lowest rated player in the inter active results ypou quote and my old beef "Did nothing much wrong" yet the ref only gets a 6 - 'easy' game so can't be an 8, but a 7 for me

As I say I'm being picky - 6/7 who cares really?
It's that time again - Report on 18:08 - Apr 20 with 1489 viewsPaddyhoops

McCallum has Great energy but your right he tore him a new one for 20 minutes .
It's that time again - Report on 18:52 - Apr 20 with 1427 viewsstainrods_elbow

I don't think he's really a full back - more a wing back or even a winger. Warburton should reinvent him as such, which would solve one of our problems.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

It's that time again - Report on 21:30 - Apr 20 with 1305 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The analysis of Derby's situation here is what has stuck with me since you printed it. I've forwarded it to other non-Rangers friends and it has either educated them or struck a resonant chord.

Thanks as ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024