Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
replay now Tuesday 14:54 - Jan 7 with 1752 viewsNorthernr

Not Wednesday as they said after the match, on the big screen and on the official website, or as is still listed on the club's fixture list. Now Tuesday at the manager's request apparently. Conveniently changed one hour after I booked my train tickets.
replay now Tuesday on 14:59 - Jan 7 with 1463 viewsJuzzie

What about all the people too who made travel arrangement for Spurs on Saturday the 12th, had to then change them to Monday the 14th and now have to change them back to the 12th again??

Football is no longer for the fans who go to games. It panders to the TV companies who represent people who sit in armchairs and don't want to go to games even if they could.

replay now Tuesday on 15:05 - Jan 7 with 1411 viewsJonDoeman

FcKing hell Clive. Pissed off much?

It Is What It Is !!

replay now Tuesday on 15:09 - Jan 7 with 1396 viewsWalnut

replay now Tuesday on 14:59 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

What about all the people too who made travel arrangement for Spurs on Saturday the 12th, had to then change them to Monday the 14th and now have to change them back to the 12th again??

Football is no longer for the fans who go to games. It panders to the TV companies who represent people who sit in armchairs and don't want to go to games even if they could.

and so say all of us waiting to lump on Southampton & Villa trains!
replay now Tuesday on 15:12 - Jan 7 with 1370 viewsdaveB

on the Spurs game the club did warn over a month ago this could happen, they've mentioned it at the last 3 home league games and it was in the programme so not much more they can do with that.
replay now Tuesday on 15:13 - Jan 7 with 1364 viewsNorthernr

replay now Tuesday on 15:05 - Jan 7 by JonDoeman

FcKing hell Clive. Pissed off much?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Just gone straight online and booked another set of train tickets for the Tuesday. I've spent £34 on this match already and I haven't left the fcking cnting fcking house yet. I need to get a life.

They're idiots. Couldn't run a football club if their lives depended on it. £28.50 Saturday, no fcker turns up. Announce immediately afterwards on the tannoy, the big screen, the official text service and the website that the replay will be Wednesday. Publish it as wednesday on the fixture list on the official site. Wait until Monday afternoon, then announce via Twitter that it's Tuesday - as if it's always been Tuesday and you just imagined everything else.

I'm actually growing to hate this club this season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
replay now Tuesday on 15:16 - Jan 7 with 1337 viewsJuzzie

replay now Tuesday on 15:12 - Jan 7 by daveB

on the Spurs game the club did warn over a month ago this could happen, they've mentioned it at the last 3 home league games and it was in the programme so not much more they can do with that.

I don't blame the club but it's how football as a whole has become.

Even with the announcements, how can people make plans, book travel tickets etc when they don't actually know for sure?

replay now Tuesday on 15:18 - Jan 7 with 1323 viewsHunterhoop

replay now Tuesday on 15:13 - Jan 7 by Northernr

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Just gone straight online and booked another set of train tickets for the Tuesday. I've spent £34 on this match already and I haven't left the fcking cnting fcking house yet. I need to get a life.

They're idiots. Couldn't run a football club if their lives depended on it. £28.50 Saturday, no fcker turns up. Announce immediately afterwards on the tannoy, the big screen, the official text service and the website that the replay will be Wednesday. Publish it as wednesday on the fixture list on the official site. Wait until Monday afternoon, then announce via Twitter that it's Tuesday - as if it's always been Tuesday and you just imagined everything else.

Well, to be honest Ian Taylor comes across as a bit of an egotistical arsehole and quite incompetent, whilst I'm yet to be convinced that Beard has brought much to the table.

The word in the industry was that he piggy backed off a lot of other people's hard work re. the O2 (doing very little himself). Since he's been with us, he's been part of the Hughes debacle, lack of long term strategy and planning, poor pricing tactics for the Cup game and continued poor communication strategy from the club.

He seems to have got it into his head that being CEO is all about being on SSN on deadline day, punching the air when we win (he's a Chelsea fan btw) and spouting a lot of hot air.
replay now Tuesday on 15:18 - Jan 7 with 1321 viewsDWQPR

replay now Tuesday on 15:13 - Jan 7 by Northernr

Love to see you put this post in your programme column!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

replay now Tuesday on 15:23 - Jan 7 with 1286 viewsKonk

replay now Tuesday on 14:59 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

Nice early start for Newcastle fans at the weekend for their game down at Brighton on Saturday lunchtime - 5am start or something? Remember Pompey being on the late kick-off up at Boro a few years back, meaning fans would either have to stop overnight or leave before half-time to get a train back to Pompey. Tops.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

replay now Tuesday on 15:35 - Jan 7 with 1220 viewsdaveB

replay now Tuesday on 15:16 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

I don't blame the club but it's how football as a whole has become.

Even with the announcements, how can people make plans, book travel tickets etc when they don't actually know for sure?

i agree, I'm trying to sort out my sons birthday part in April at the moment (I know it's ages off but I'm bored) but we play Reading that weekend so need to do it on the day we're not playing so having to wait for tv games before we can start organising things.
replay now Tuesday on 15:46 - Jan 7 with 1160 viewshoof_hearted

...and yet if we stay up we'll be celebrating wildly.

Fckng cntng football supporters are fckng cntng idiots and they know it. And we know they know it. But we can't do anything about it because we're fckng cntng idiots.
replay now Tuesday on 15:46 - Jan 7 with 1158 viewsthemodfather

replay now Tuesday on 15:35 - Jan 7 by daveB

i agree, I'm trying to sort out my sons birthday part in April at the moment (I know it's ages off but I'm bored) but we play Reading that weekend so need to do it on the day we're not playing so having to wait for tv games before we can start organising things.

some poor info cos i was sure it was weds...not it's tuesday, oh well just have to re-arrange coach !!
many were unsure of spurs re-scheduled to the saturday lunch time too..a pre-warning in event of replay may have helped..i didn't see one one on offy.
replay now Tuesday on 15:52 - Jan 7 with 1123 viewshoof_hearted

It's on the offish now. They even printed the tickets with Wednesday.

It's actually good that Harry gets what he wants for the good of the next league match.

We have 2600 tickets allocated. Why so few? I reckon we'd have taken at least 10,000. Bloody club never did the forward enquiry thing.
replay now Tuesday on 15:53 - Jan 7 with 1112 viewsPinnerPaul

replay now Tuesday on 15:46 - Jan 7 by themodfather

some poor info cos i was sure it was weds...not it's tuesday, oh well just have to re-arrange coach !!
many were unsure of spurs re-scheduled to the saturday lunch time too..a pre-warning in event of replay may have helped..i didn't see one one on offy.

As previously posted the Spurs change WAS flagged up well in advance.

FA Cup replays are always 9/10 days after original game and we (or Spurs) were never going to play Mon - Weds so not difficult to work that one out tbh.

Makes sense for both us & WBA to have an extra day to prepare for next league match (much more important) but can't see why it couldn't have been set for Tuesday in the first place.

Anyone going to WBA deserves a medal IMHO (Or at least free travel!)
replay now Tuesday on 16:03 - Jan 7 with 1059 viewsNorthernr

Change of date at request of managers, delay in announcement because they had to confirm with police it was ok to play the same day as Birmingham v Leeds the club inform me.

Still shouldn't have been announced as Wednesday if there was a chance of a change.
replay now Tuesday on 16:06 - Jan 7 with 1039 viewsdaveB

The Spurs one I have sympathy with the club with as they did give plenty of warning in the stadium, on the big screen and in the programme.

The West Brom move is a joke though, they could easily have said the date of the game is yet to be confirmed and waited until today as I was pretty shocked to begin with that Redknapp was happy to play Wednesday - Saturday rather than the Tuesday night.
replay now Tuesday on 16:16 - Jan 7 with 1004 viewsJuzzie

Considering the home gate, the away turnout is hardly going to be huge so delaying the announcement by 48 hours would probably have made little difference. In fact, it would actually have helped as those who had already booked the Wednesday now have to change.

replay now Tuesday on 16:41 - Jan 7 with 907 viewswombat

think the coach from newcastle left at 1am to go to brighton , now ive done some stupid trips with Rangers over the years but never have i left that early in the morning for a game

Poll: which is your favouite foot

replay now Tuesday on 17:02 - Jan 7 with 830 viewstoboboly

I'm gonna go.

Pennance for missing the original game.

Is there any other (driving) option apart from the supporters coach?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

replay now Tuesday on 17:08 - Jan 7 with 815 viewsreal_loftus

Honestly Clive! You cant have 3D programs AND an efficient fixture announcing process. One or the other...you decide. And if you want the best Twitter media team in football, dont expect to have a fully functioning website.

You of all people should know this.

ATAF

ATAF.

replay now Tuesday on 17:27 - Jan 7 with 743 viewsClive_Anderson

Is this part of the world class backroom team that exhibits meticulous planning and forensic attention to detail?

The more you pay people the worse they seem to get.
replay now Tuesday on 18:18 - Jan 7 with 638 viewsjonno

Once you appreciate the fans are the last people to be considered in football but the first to be fleeced and ripped off these days you at least know where you stand.
replay now Tuesday on 19:18 - Jan 7 with 546 viewsderbyhoop

replay now Tuesday on 17:27 - Jan 7 by Clive_Anderson

Is this part of the world class backroom team that exhibits meticulous planning and forensic attention to detail?

The more you pay people the worse they seem to get.

The same sort of "meticulous planning" that MH brought to the playing side?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

replay now Tuesday on 19:50 - Jan 7 with 488 viewsingeminate

This boils down to not having enough football people at the heart of the club, on the surface an easy mistake to make but where was the person before big screen confirmation saying hold on looking at the fixtures Harry will want this changed.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

replay now Tuesday on 20:13 - Jan 7 with 448 viewssmegma

replay now Tuesday on 15:18 - Jan 7 by Hunterhoop

Well, to be honest Ian Taylor comes across as a bit of an egotistical arsehole and quite incompetent, whilst I'm yet to be convinced that Beard has brought much to the table.

The word in the industry was that he piggy backed off a lot of other people's hard work re. the O2 (doing very little himself). Since he's been with us, he's been part of the Hughes debacle, lack of long term strategy and planning, poor pricing tactics for the Cup game and continued poor communication strategy from the club.

He seems to have got it into his head that being CEO is all about being on SSN on deadline day, punching the air when we win (he's a Chelsea fan btw) and spouting a lot of hot air.

Well said.Being a CEO also gets you an invite to the Sports Personality Of The Year shindig. An occasion to reward those sportsmen & women who have achieved amazing feats in the past 12 months and that idiot turns up.Seeing his smug face on the tv as one of the winners walked through the rows of seats made me want to put my foot through the screen. Amazing, if his name was Paladini he'd be abused daily on here. He was brought in for his expertise yet everything since he arrived has been an unmitigated disaster on and off the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024