Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey for boss ? 07:54 - Feb 8 with 5994 viewswood_hoop

Stayed off board for a good while, opinions of HR & TfF well documented a long while ago and pointless re-iterating the same point time and again, so so happy that Rednapp finally gone, deep reservations still about TF but as he is one of the money men will have to wait &see just where the club heads now.

Not the the most logical reason to pick a club manager but kinda like the fella, press conferences pre & post match were quite good, has skills in the devolpment of young players and in a way the type of potential imo we desperately need, has Sir Les also in the background for help when needed, spoke of ambitions to be a Head Coach/Manager of a Prem Team, talks the talk and may have just been slightly diplomatic whan saying he would be happy to work with Sherwood.

More than slightly off the route TF is probably wanting to take but tried the conventional one with the two previous incumbants, caused him no end of financial grief and bitter divisions through out the fan base, wouldn't be that worried if Ramsey sees out rest of season for now and maybe given a chance to see if the role could be his for next season whether staying up or not.
Ramsey for boss ? on 08:55 - Feb 8 with 2991 viewsBerkoRanger

+1
And why not!
Ramsey for boss ? on 09:18 - Feb 8 with 2943 viewsrbsranger

we need a long term fix right now and the only realistic way we will get a long term fix is after we know which division we will be in next season. Let Ramsey et al hold the fort for now, re-assess in the summer.
Unfortunately TF only does short-term fixes despite his various embarrassing hashtags so this will never happen
Ramsey for boss ? on 09:25 - Feb 8 with 2914 viewsToast_R

Slight gripe...
I thought his team selection was straight out of the Harry Tombola. Not a good start.
Admittedly we're short but come on, Hill at full back.... learnt nothing from 3 years, really?
I dunno about him..
Ramsey for boss ? on 09:25 - Feb 8 with 2915 viewsYorkRanger

Ramsey for boss ? on 09:18 - Feb 8 by rbsranger

we need a long term fix right now and the only realistic way we will get a long term fix is after we know which division we will be in next season. Let Ramsey et al hold the fort for now, re-assess in the summer.
Unfortunately TF only does short-term fixes despite his various embarrassing hashtags so this will never happen

I like what I have seen of Ramsey, the problem is that the financial impacts of going down are so great, TF will feel forced to gamble on Sherwood...
Ramsey for boss ? on 09:36 - Feb 8 with 2885 viewsLoft1979

Ramsey for boss ? on 09:25 - Feb 8 by YorkRanger

I like what I have seen of Ramsey, the problem is that the financial impacts of going down are so great, TF will feel forced to gamble on Sherwood...

Last time we went on a decent roll was after Soton away. ..next game was pool at home tho we shafted ourselves.
Ramsey for boss ? on 10:12 - Feb 8 with 2807 viewsted_hendrix

Run with what we've got.
Take whats coming on the chin at the end of the season.
We aren't relegated yet but the best tactical football brain in the World would struggle to keep us up with our current squad of players.
If we employ Sherwood on a long term contract now I'd be gobsmacked.
Get this bloody season over, sit down for however long it takes and work out exactly what we're going to do to bring some form of normality to the club.
Stop making repeat mistakes in the boardroom and on the pitch, its tedious.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ramsey for boss ? on 10:30 - Feb 8 with 2750 viewsdaveB

I thought every substitution made yesterday made us weaker, thought he brought the right players on but took the wrong ones off if that makes sense.

Zarate should have been on for Traore with Adel going to the left. Isla coming on with Phillips going to the left took away our attacking threat on the right and although Dunne had to go off bringing on Vargas was gung ho for the sake of it in a game where a point was a decent result.

Wouldn't knock Ramsey tough as overall I thought we played well yesterday, was impressed with Fer, Barton, Phillips and Zarate. and no idea why that late goal was disallowed, looked ridiculous at the time and still can't see much wrong when watching on match of the day.

For me yesterday was a turning point and not in a good way, i can't see us staying up now, 4 games in a row conceding late at home, dreadful defending again from Onouha for the goal I just think unless we get 4 points from the next 2 away games we've had it. Not felt this low about Rangers for a while.
Ramsey for boss ? on 11:27 - Feb 8 with 2613 viewsBrightonhoop

Traore was unexpected, but he did say he would lay some excludeds. Adel will now be more vital than ever. Vargas needs to be played up front with Adel.
Harsh to judge him 2 days in, but let's see how he does at Sunderland and take it from there. Personally think CR and Sir Les can do a job for us. Signing Sherwood or anyone else makes no sense. TF has to take responsibility, HR should have been sacked last summer. 2011 Warnock walked the Chamionship with a far cheaper squad. Would like to see Amit more involved again too.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey for boss ? on 11:35 - Feb 8 with 2598 viewsHollowayRanger

NO not to me doesn't have what it takes sounds/acts too nice he's a number 2 good cop to sherwoods No 1 bad cop

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ramsey for boss ? on 11:42 - Feb 8 with 2579 viewsnadera78

Ramsey for boss ? on 10:30 - Feb 8 by daveB

I thought every substitution made yesterday made us weaker, thought he brought the right players on but took the wrong ones off if that makes sense.

Zarate should have been on for Traore with Adel going to the left. Isla coming on with Phillips going to the left took away our attacking threat on the right and although Dunne had to go off bringing on Vargas was gung ho for the sake of it in a game where a point was a decent result.

Wouldn't knock Ramsey tough as overall I thought we played well yesterday, was impressed with Fer, Barton, Phillips and Zarate. and no idea why that late goal was disallowed, looked ridiculous at the time and still can't see much wrong when watching on match of the day.

For me yesterday was a turning point and not in a good way, i can't see us staying up now, 4 games in a row conceding late at home, dreadful defending again from Onouha for the goal I just think unless we get 4 points from the next 2 away games we've had it. Not felt this low about Rangers for a while.

Adel was breathing through his backside after 30 minutes. The only time he touched the ball after that was the nice turn to win the free kick just before he went off.

Agree about moving Phillips, he was our only attacking threat and put in 2 or 3 lovely crosses in the second half. Clearly needs someone to put their arm around him and boost his confidence. Problem is though, who else can play on the left once Traore left? No one.

I liked that Ramsey used the revolutionary idea of playing a fast right footed player wide right and a fast, left footed player wide left. No idea where he got that from! It was undoubtedly our best performance in quite a while and there was at least some semblance of a structure and a plan for how we were going to play. The trouble is the squad is horrendously unbalanced. With Yun missing we have no choice but to play Hill at LB - I'd pick my mum there ahead of Traore. And it's like that right across the pitch.

I'm with the OP on this - we're gone, no doubt about that, so let Ramsey and Bond see the season out and the let's set about rebuilding this club properly in the summer. Anything else would be proof positive that TF and co are incapable of learning.
Ramsey for boss ? on 11:43 - Feb 8 with 2566 viewsJonDoeman

Ramsey for boss ? on 10:12 - Feb 8 by ted_hendrix

Run with what we've got.
We aren't relegated yet but the best tactical football brain in the World would struggle to keep us up with our current squad of players.
Get this bloody season over, sit down for however long it takes and work out exactly what we're going to do to bring some form of normality to the club.

3 year contract coming up Ted!

It Is What It Is !!

Ramsey for boss ? on 11:44 - Feb 8 with 2563 viewsSpiritofGregory

He is a coach not a manager.
Ramsey for boss ? on 11:46 - Feb 8 with 2561 viewsdaveB

I think we'll probably go down but to give up on the season and not appoint a manager would be crazy, we're not cut adrift by any means
Ramsey for boss ? on 11:48 - Feb 8 with 2556 viewsCHUBBS

Although we played ok in the 2nd half,his line up and substitutions were very poor.
If Redhnap was in charge yesterday he'd have been murdered for some of those decisions.
I thought we caught them on a bad day with some of their best players missing yet struggled to create anything until the Chileans appeared.
When Wolves sacked Mcarthy they employed their no.2 and it got even worse,this fella reminds me of him.
If he makes the same mistakes on Tues it could be a massacre.
Ramsey for boss ? on 11:50 - Feb 8 with 2548 viewskensalriser

If Sherwood does come in it should be until the end of the season with an option thereafter. If he gets the usual three or four years after interviewing Fernandes we'll know no lessons have been learnt.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ramsey for boss ? on 11:56 - Feb 8 with 2531 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey for boss ? on 11:50 - Feb 8 by kensalriser

If Sherwood does come in it should be until the end of the season with an option thereafter. If he gets the usual three or four years after interviewing Fernandes we'll know no lessons have been learnt.

Sherwood will want a long term deal. Unfortunately we are not in a strong position, Tony has his back against the wall.
Ramsey for boss ? on 12:14 - Feb 8 with 2501 viewsnadera78

Ramsey for boss ? on 11:46 - Feb 8 by daveB

I think we'll probably go down but to give up on the season and not appoint a manager would be crazy, we're not cut adrift by any means

The fact that we're not adrift says more about the other clubs than it does us. It's a terribly assembled squad with too many in certain positions and no one in others. Add to that Austin now missing - for a couple of games at least and possibly the season - and the end result is blindingly obvious.

Anyone taking over now will want a long contract on high wages and we don't really have a negotiating position because the world and his dog knows Sherwood is the only real candidate. So we bring him in now and then what? Get relegated anyway and we're in the Championship and stuck with a man who arrogantly turned down PL jobs he felt were beneath him. That's not a plan, it's simply repeating past mistakes.

It would take a miracle worthy of beatification to save us now, and in truth it would only mask the problems here anyway, so let's do this thing properly.
Ramsey for boss ? on 12:19 - Feb 8 with 2489 viewsWesty75

Ramsey for boss ? on 10:12 - Feb 8 by ted_hendrix

Run with what we've got.

Totally agree. I can't help feeling Sherwood would be a big mistake. Can see us having to sack him and pay him off when we're mid table in the championship in December.

Stick with what we have and let's build a proper managerial team in the close season.
Ramsey for boss ? on 12:22 - Feb 8 with 2482 viewsWesty75

Ramsey for boss ? on 11:46 - Feb 8 by daveB

It's not giving up on the season if they appoint Ramsay as manager with a review in May. I reckon we've got as much chance staying up with him as we would with Sherwood who isn't exactly Tony Pulis. No evidence to suggest he would do any better.
Ramsey for boss ? on 12:47 - Feb 8 with 2439 viewsBrazilNutR

If it was based on his pre and post match interviews, then I think the jobs his. Unfortunately they don't get awarded points...
Certainly the team selection yesterday didn't make me too confident about him, although that was also a Bondy team selection, and maybe too early to tell. Had we snatched 3 pts miraculously I guess we'd all be saying it was a master stroke.. so fine margins.

I'm not 100% sure what extra Sherwood would bring to the table, he is not exactly the most experienced manager...although experience didn't seem to help in Harry's case..

I think it's a lottery really..although Burnley winning currently, seems to be the start of a gap appearing,... 3 pts on Tuesday and against all our relegation rivals are essential now.
Ramsey for boss ? on 12:53 - Feb 8 with 2427 viewsNW10Hoop

He comes across well in interviews, very refreshing to not hear a load of excuses. It'll be interesting to see how the Sunderland game is approached, but if its positive I'd be in no rush to bring in someone else.
Ramsey for boss ? on 13:08 - Feb 8 with 2402 viewsToast_R

Surely the sensible thing to do if Sherwood is their man, contract with bonus and renewal if they stay up, but if relegated , wage drop with opportunity to walk if required. Take it or leave it Tim. Do you want a job or not you f*cking Jeremy Kyle lookalike c*nt?
Ramsey for boss ? on 13:14 - Feb 8 with 2384 viewsthemodfather

ramsey no boss for me....and kevin bond has to go.
who comes in, well, sherwood cannot think he can blackmail us for more dough.
bring in warnock for the last few months, he can't do no worse than many and may get lucky??
Ramsey for boss ? on 13:27 - Feb 8 with 2354 viewsstuabd

Seems like a decent bloke, but the job is hard enough for a manager with a 'record'. Ramsay would have to start winning straight away as otherwise the pressure would increase massively. Certain players would probably start causing problems behind the scenes (tactics, training). Harry had a track record of success so he at least could keep the dressing room under control. Not sure Ramsay could.

Modern players are a nightmare so even though it makes some sense I can see th season getting even more depressing.
Ramsey for boss ? on 13:50 - Feb 8 with 2309 viewsstansleftfoot

Ramsey for boss ? on 13:27 - Feb 8 by stuabd

Seems like a decent bloke, but the job is hard enough for a manager with a 'record'. Ramsay would have to start winning straight away as otherwise the pressure would increase massively. Certain players would probably start causing problems behind the scenes (tactics, training). Harry had a track record of success so he at least could keep the dressing room under control. Not sure Ramsay could.

Modern players are a nightmare so even though it makes some sense I can see th season getting even more depressing.

Harry had a track record of success?....This squad of players have watched and worked with Redknapp, Harry's effect on this group of players is evidenced by 2 and half seasons in Championship and Premiership and its very, very poor.
Only Fernandes has offered HR support, only Redknapps ancient history of a season at Spurs gives evidence of a good manager, of a particular type, no longer needed by most clubs...its handily forgotten by the media et al that the Football Association publically announced that Redknapp wasn't even on the candidates list for the England Job.
Ramsey as a Club Coach with Ferdinand as DOF are perfectly capable of managing this group of players, of which most are at the end of contract....it seems a natural decision, Ramsey might prefer to be part of a coaching team that includes Sherwood as Head Coach...its only the media that has introduced doubts about Sherwood in regard to him dissing Spurs premiership footballers in terms of effort and attitude....no individuals where detailed or mentioned...might be clumsy, but it got results....he was never going to get the job permanently...Pochettino was in Levy's sights...the contract length was to give Sherwood his desired renumeration....guilty of greed, or good tough negotiator.
Ramsey on his own, Yes, Ramsey with Sherwood, if they can do a deal....yes, because its probably going to happen. Why worry about things you can't do nothing about? Quicker the Better!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024