Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole 21:38 - May 6 with 2906 viewsOldPedro

Covers a possible loophole - not seen this one before

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11587937/QPR

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 22:30 - May 6 with 2712 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I've read this three or four times but still do not understand it. From what I can gather we missed a massive open goal to avoid a substantial punishment, which the Telegraph believe is in the region of £58m?

However I want the shareholders to suffer a punishment big enough to get their act together and run us like a proper club financially.
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 23:12 - May 6 with 2620 viewsRodneyHarsh

Yeah, not sure I get this, can anyone clarify what "reversing" the process of impairment might entail?

Does it mean this -- if you're not amortising transfer costs over each year of a player's contract, and recording the full fee on year 1, this may, depending who you signed and when, rejigger the accounts in your favour? So we'd be paying for Charlie outright 2013/14, thus bearing a lighter load this year?
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 23:31 - May 6 with 2562 viewsdaveB

I'd wait and see on this massive punishment, I still fail to see how they can justify a fine of 58 milliom
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 23:59 - May 6 with 2526 viewsQPR1882

Us getting any kind of fine is like getting caught on a speed camera doing 40 in a 40 zone and then 6 months later they lower the speed limit to 30 and fine us for doing 40 6 months ago.

Half the shit they are throwing at us was done before FFP came into play.
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 00:04 - May 7 with 2518 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I suspect this might add to our case to be honest. On the basis of 'we could have done the same as Fulham etc so how is this fair'
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 00:55 - May 7 with 2478 viewsqueensparker

Let's face it the whole thing is a f--king joke. Legal wrangling over small print with the sole outcome of destroying local clubs while the Premier League gets on with entrenching itself among a set of clubs who will never change because they got there first.

I've got mates working at Sky, some of whom will be made redundant because Sky have bid so much money for the TV rights that they now can't even afford to pay their staff. So Rooney and his agent make 400K a week instead of 200K, even the broadcasters can't afford it, and the footballing bodies take it out on... QPR.
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 01:10 - May 7 with 2463 viewsdannyblue

An attempt at an explanation - or at least how I understood it...

Say we spent £8m on Steven Caulker in 2014-15 season for a 4 year contract. Normal practice would be to recognise that cost as £2m a year over 4 years, and that's what we did. But, if we were clever, we would have recognised all of that £8m in the first season while we were in the prem. In the prem you can make £105m losses over three years before getting fined, so the £8m wouldn't make such a difference in terms of FFP. But in the champ you can only lose £8m a season before getting a fine. So considering we've still got £6m left to recognise it's much more likely to send us over the threshold and get us another FFP fine.

This is another reason why FFP does anything but level the playing field. A classic piece of Orwellian doublespeak. Its net effect is to pull up the draw bridge, make the big clubs bigger and reduce the chance that any newcomers can compete with them since they'll be fined if they grow too fast. It benefits clubs that have already spent massively on inflated squads before the rules came in, since they can then sell or loan out unneeded fringe players each year to cover what they want to spend (Chelsea have done this brilliantly, the 'stards).

But as this article shows, there's another element that will amplify the gap between rich and poor. Since the difference between prem and champ thresholds is so great, any team that is worried it might get relegated has to be more cautious with its spending despite the massive TV money, knowing that even one year in the champ could render it liable to a massive fine. So the big clubs can spend all their TV money without worrying, but the lower clubs can only sensibly spend some of it. That just increases the gap in team quality even further. We'll never have a Forest or Derby or Pompey win the league again. We'll never even have a Blackburn Rovers.
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 04:24 - May 7 with 2411 viewsstowmarketrange

Haven't Bournemouth lost more than £8 million this year?Will they get with a massive fine too then?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 06:28 - May 7 with 2362 viewsDylanP

Periodically the papers make a big splash about this or that and it never means anything.

Remember how the Sun said we were going to have a points deduction of 10 points so we would not have been promoted. In the end, the Sun sold newspapers with its sensationalism and there was no points deduction.

Remember how we were definitely getting Messi, or was it Ronaldo, or was it Beckham, or was it Pele? All sensationalism and newspaper sales and no superstars.

I am assuming that is what this is. Newspaper talk that hopefully will amount to nothing. Time will tell, but I certainly am not going to freak out because of what an article in a dodgy newspaper said.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 07:55 - May 7 with 2242 viewsMvpeter

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 06:28 - May 7 by DylanP

Periodically the papers make a big splash about this or that and it never means anything.

Remember how the Sun said we were going to have a points deduction of 10 points so we would not have been promoted. In the end, the Sun sold newspapers with its sensationalism and there was no points deduction.

Remember how we were definitely getting Messi, or was it Ronaldo, or was it Beckham, or was it Pele? All sensationalism and newspaper sales and no superstars.

I am assuming that is what this is. Newspaper talk that hopefully will amount to nothing. Time will tell, but I certainly am not going to freak out because of what an article in a dodgy newspaper said.

To be fair we deserved the points deduction and the F.A just bottled it.

No way the reporters could have predicted that.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 08:11 - May 7 with 2208 viewsdoogi55

i still think the eu will stop this happening and i think a leagl team could drive bus trough these ffp rules
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 08:13 - May 7 with 2206 viewsElHoop

They are ignoring the accounts anyway, due to the loan write off, so they can also make an adjustment for impairment if that's appropriate. It'll be a back of an envelope job at the end of the day if there's any legal integrity in the whole FFP process in the first place, which I would doubt.
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 10:56 - May 7 with 2029 viewsEastR

"the same cannot be said about what division they will be in next season"

oh yeah, Ben, do you want to take a very large bet on that?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 13:17 - May 7 with 1891 viewsDejR_vu

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 10:56 - May 7 by EastR

"the same cannot be said about what division they will be in next season"

oh yeah, Ben, do you want to take a very large bet on that?

Well we don't even have a Chief Executive, so I'm not even sure we have someone in place to deal with it, let alone someone capable of negotiating aggressively to get the best outcome. I wouldn't rule anything out tbh, this is QPR.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 13:59 - May 7 with 1830 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 04:24 - May 7 by stowmarketrange

Haven't Bournemouth lost more than £8 million this year?Will they get with a massive fine too then?

No because they are a nice little club, with a nice little team and a genius as a manager.

Ignore the Russian owner who has bankrolled them.

You're right of course, you would think they would be based on 13/14 accounts.
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 14:14 - May 7 with 1792 viewsdaveB

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 13:59 - May 7 by PinnerPaul

No because they are a nice little club, with a nice little team and a genius as a manager.

Ignore the Russian owner who has bankrolled them.

You're right of course, you would think they would be based on 13/14 accounts.

They won't get a massive fine as you are allowed losses of upto 8 million. We made a 68 million losses which is why they wrote off 60 million exactly
QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 16:52 - May 7 with 1713 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR may regret failing to exploit FFP loophole on 14:14 - May 7 by daveB

They won't get a massive fine as you are allowed losses of upto 8 million. We made a 68 million losses which is why they wrote off 60 million exactly

Sorry Dave here are the facts (that others wanted)

The club still posted a pre-tax loss for the year of £10.3m. However, this was reduced by almost a third from £15.3m in 2013.

Obviously we don't know what 14/15 losses are yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024