Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the Year Awards 12:14 - May 15 with 1981 viewsdaveB

No shock Austin won them all.

Phillips goal of the season and Furlong young player

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/charlie-austin-qpr-player-of-the-year-premier-
Player of the Year Awards on 12:17 - May 15 with 1968 viewsDaBurgh

Maybe Charlie holding that cup will convince him to stay here and win some more silverware...
Player of the Year Awards on 12:23 - May 15 with 1936 viewsNorthernr

Still think it's sad that they don't still have the dinner.
Player of the Year Awards on 12:35 - May 15 with 1900 viewsdaveB

Player of the Year Awards on 12:23 - May 15 by Northernr

bloke at work is going to the Chelsea one, it's £240 a ticket and the players are in a different room
Player of the Year Awards on 12:35 - May 15 with 1897 viewsJuzzie

Might be a bit caustic especially considering our season and if certain players were in attendance.
Player of the Year Awards on 12:36 - May 15 with 1890 viewsdanehoop

Sort of, but would you really want to share a table with SWP? Both of my boys are now out of high chairs, I'd find it kind of distracting to have to keep going "here comes the helicopter" every few minutes to spoon feed him baby food.

Never knowingly understood

Player of the Year Awards on 12:58 - May 15 with 1806 viewsDaiHo0p

Furlong's been a revelation this season, unearthed a gem there we have. Well deserved award.
Player of the Year Awards on 14:06 - May 15 with 1711 viewsNorthernr

Player of the Year Awards on 12:35 - May 15 by Juzzie

Might be a bit caustic especially considering our season and if certain players were in attendance.

One of the reasons for that is the fans don't feel as close to the players as they once did, and one of the many hundreds of reasons for that is the ditching of the player of the year award. Like the fans can't be trusted to be civil to the millionaire footballers, like the millionaire footballers can't spare a night to meet with supporters.

Year my dad won SOTY was the year we had Vinnie Jones, Tony Scully, George Kulscar and all those wasters. Wasn't a problem. Well, Polish Paul tried to smack Steve Slade in the bogs, but I think that's allowed.

End of the day, it's another QPR club tradition that has quietly gone by the wayside since the foreign ownership came in.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Player of the Year Awards on 14:20 - May 15 with 1675 viewsHunterhoop

Player of the Year Awards on 14:06 - May 15 by Northernr

One of the reasons for that is the fans don't feel as close to the players as they once did, and one of the many hundreds of reasons for that is the ditching of the player of the year award. Like the fans can't be trusted to be civil to the millionaire footballers, like the millionaire footballers can't spare a night to meet with supporters.

Year my dad won SOTY was the year we had Vinnie Jones, Tony Scully, George Kulscar and all those wasters. Wasn't a problem. Well, Polish Paul tried to smack Steve Slade in the bogs, but I think that's allowed.

End of the day, it's another QPR club tradition that has quietly gone by the wayside since the foreign ownership came in.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Frankly, you could make a good case not just for reinstating the end of year dinner, but also for having regular, say every 8 weeks, meetings between fans and a selection of players and the first team coach. Call it a fans forum, call it what you want. Hold it in a hall, hold it in a bar.

What's the harm?

Whereas the benefits: increase accountability, improved communication, unified club, transparency, etc, etc...are many.
Login to get fewer ads

Player of the Year Awards on 15:37 - May 15 with 1604 viewsTW_R

Player of the Year Awards on 12:35 - May 15 by daveB

bloke at work is going to the Chelsea one, it's £240 a ticket and the players are in a different room

I would happily pay £500 not to have to sit in a room with that bunch of tossers.
Player of the Year Awards on 15:39 - May 15 with 1596 viewsWeaverQPR

Tony won't have any proper interaction with the fans because he knows he ain't got an answer to questions coming his way.

@WeavQPR

Player of the Year Awards on 15:48 - May 15 with 1576 viewsJuzzie

Player of the Year Awards on 14:20 - May 15 by Hunterhoop

Frankly, you could make a good case not just for reinstating the end of year dinner, but also for having regular, say every 8 weeks, meetings between fans and a selection of players and the first team coach. Call it a fans forum, call it what you want. Hold it in a hall, hold it in a bar.

What's the harm?

Whereas the benefits: increase accountability, improved communication, unified club, transparency, etc, etc...are many.

I have a feeling that with alcohol flowing and some frayed tempers, it would be like Charlton at half time all over again.
Player of the Year Awards on 15:59 - May 15 with 1552 viewsdaveB

Player of the Year Awards on 14:20 - May 15 by Hunterhoop

What's the harm?

harm is they brought it back and Phil Beard was slaughtered and quickly shat himself and we've only had an evening with Redknapp or Ferdinand since
Player of the Year Awards on 16:42 - May 15 with 1492 viewstoboboly

If I was going to an event with scum fans I'd want to be in a different room. A different postcode would be best.

Damn. See Tw_R got there ahead of me.
[Post edited 15 May 2015 16:43]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Player of the Year Awards on 16:48 - May 15 with 1477 viewsHunterhoop

Player of the Year Awards on 15:59 - May 15 by daveB

harm is they brought it back and Phil Beard was slaughtered and quickly shat himself and we've only had an evening with Redknapp or Ferdinand since

That's not harmful; it's healthy.

Their needs to be healthy challenge, accountability, etc. The fact Beard didn't like it is a) his problem and b) shows how bad a leader he was. There is no harm. It is healthy.
Player of the Year Awards on 17:03 - May 15 with 1436 viewsAntti_Heinola

Player of the Year Awards on 12:58 - May 15 by DaiHo0p

Furlong's been a revelation this season, unearthed a gem there we have. Well deserved award.

He may not have been amazing for the first team, but he's done very well for the youngsters, is captain, and by all accounts a great professional.

Bare bones.

Player of the Year Awards on 17:10 - May 15 with 1423 viewsdaveB

Player of the Year Awards on 16:48 - May 15 by Hunterhoop

That's not harmful; it's healthy.

Their needs to be healthy challenge, accountability, etc. The fact Beard didn't like it is a) his problem and b) shows how bad a leader he was. There is no harm. It is healthy.

Meant that after they did it once they never did it again and just made it an audience with type night rather than asking questions. In fairness to people like Ian Taylor at the club they do seem to be trying to listen to supporters.
Player of the Year Awards on 20:38 - May 15 with 1274 viewsDiscodroids

my awards.

1. greyfrairs bobby
2. niko 'beau brummel' krancjar
3. Armand 'hans peter brigel' traore

i shall sacrifice a mother and toddler playgroup in their honor . its the least i can do for all the joy they have bought to me this season.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Player of the Year Awards on 23:58 - May 15 with 1181 viewsCiderwithRsie

£100 a ticket if you're willing to go into the same room as them.

£50 if John Terry's there and you bring your girlfriend.
Player of the Year Awards on 00:46 - May 16 with 1156 viewsPunteR

I thought Green would be in with a shout.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Player of the Year Awards on 00:50 - May 16 with 1153 viewsQPR1882

Yeah it was always good fun watching the players sneak out of the door as soon as the could.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024