Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not wishing to 08:32 - Sep 13 with 1056 viewsLadbrokeR

Prompt a thread about Ramseys tactical naievty but does this 4 2 3 1 really work particularly at home. It seems to morph into 4 5 1 and I am left questioning the effectiveness. It seems like a safety first approach and results in Charlie not really getting that much service. It's easy to point at Green and Onuaha but we really hadn't created much. There were other turning points in the game losing Angella so early and Perch heading for goal in front of the Loft instead of heading back into the box. It's a bad day at the office but that's 6 goals conceded at home. Let's get it right against Blackburn.
Not wishing to on 08:43 - Sep 13 with 1035 viewsozexile

I believe it works but you should be able to turn it into a 4-3-3 if you're at home. You don't need 2x holding midfielders who are slow at home.
Not wishing to on 08:54 - Sep 13 with 1015 viewsWatford_Ranger

Given we have one fit senior striker and a key player in Chery who isn't suited to 4-4-2 at all then I don't see an obvious alternative.
Not wishing to on 09:06 - Sep 13 with 996 viewsDiscodroids

That Perch Header in the second half into the kuiper belt, was one of the greatest moments in the history of association football..

.Just a shame he was born so late as 4o years earlier he could have made that brazilian 1970 right back slot his own.

The defence has been brittle all season.Ramsey needs to Address this as a priority and remove Henry from the theatre of war ASAP. Dreadful.dreadful.dreadful.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Not wishing to on 10:06 - Sep 13 with 916 viewsLadbrokeR

Not wishing to on 08:54 - Sep 13 by Watford_Ranger

Given we have one fit senior striker and a key player in Chery who isn't suited to 4-4-2 at all then I don't see an obvious alternative.

I must admit I didn't know that Charlie is the only fit senior striker.
Not wishing to on 10:12 - Sep 13 with 901 viewsQPR_Jim

Not wishing to on 08:43 - Sep 13 by ozexile

I believe it works but you should be able to turn it into a 4-3-3 if you're at home. You don't need 2x holding midfielders who are slow at home.

I agree, you can modify the formation by changing the players at the base of the midfield. If you had Tozer and Luongo as the two Luongo would have pushed forwards to make it more of a 4-3-3 style approach.

Yesterday the problem seemed to be that Henry and Tozer weren't aware of eachothers style of play and subsequently both were quite deep. It seemed like Tozer should have been pushing forward more but often ended up deeper than Henry, if that's Tozers style of play then he needs someone willing to break forward along side him,

It improved in the second half and I believe we would have got the result and learned a lesson had green smashed the ball into orbit.
Not wishing to on 10:14 - Sep 13 with 899 viewsLadbrokeR

Not wishing to on 10:06 - Sep 13 by LadbrokeR

I must admit I didn't know that Charlie is the only fit senior striker.

Perch the new Carlos Alberto Torres.
Not wishing to on 10:35 - Sep 13 with 859 viewspaulparker

It may work away from home but when we play at HQ teams will get men behind the ball and try and hit us on the counter attack as Forest proved a couple of times in the 1st half
The game yesterday especially the 1st half was like watching England play , dire
To play the system we are we need our fullbacks to get forward which they don't , again this leaves Phillips & cherry isolated and when they do break we don't get bodies in the box
Poor old Austin is feeding on scraps and he made that goal out of nothing
4-3-3 would be better suited to us at home and if we go in front then make it a 4-2-3-1 to keep the ball

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Not wishing to on 10:42 - Sep 13 with 841 viewsCamberleyR

Not wishing to on 10:12 - Sep 13 by QPR_Jim

I agree, you can modify the formation by changing the players at the base of the midfield. If you had Tozer and Luongo as the two Luongo would have pushed forwards to make it more of a 4-3-3 style approach.

Yesterday the problem seemed to be that Henry and Tozer weren't aware of eachothers style of play and subsequently both were quite deep. It seemed like Tozer should have been pushing forward more but often ended up deeper than Henry, if that's Tozers style of play then he needs someone willing to break forward along side him,

It improved in the second half and I believe we would have got the result and learned a lesson had green smashed the ball into orbit.

"Yesterday the problem seemed to be that Henry and Tozer weren't aware of each others style of play and subsequently both were quite deep"

Agree. For the system to work effectively the "2" need to play further forward which when attacking can make the formation almost a 4-2-4.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Not wishing to on 10:50 - Sep 13 with 817 viewsHooparoo

Don't want to join the anti- Ramsey lynch mob but its becoming apparent to me that there never seems to be a "Plan B" when things go wrong.

Concerned of East Brisbane. 😕

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Not wishing to on 10:50 - Sep 13 with 817 viewsstevec

it comes to something when your centre backs made more runs than your centre midfielders.

Always a huge gap between full backs and anyone who can make something happen. If you want to play a passing game there has got to be more movement off the ball.

Seen 4 of the 6 at the game so far and been out passed in all of them, even the mighty Rotherham looked efficient.
Not wishing to on 10:53 - Sep 13 with 809 viewsozexile

Not wishing to on 10:42 - Sep 13 by CamberleyR

"Yesterday the problem seemed to be that Henry and Tozer weren't aware of each others style of play and subsequently both were quite deep"

Agree. For the system to work effectively the "2" need to play further forward which when attacking can make the formation almost a 4-2-4.

Agree. And if you're going to play 4-3-3 you need to press the opposition high. And then you can get wide players wide and make gaps. If you're not pressing then the midfielders sit on top of the centre backs and you look disorganized.
Not wishing to on 10:54 - Sep 13 with 808 viewsjonno

Not wishing to on 08:43 - Sep 13 by ozexile

Agree with that. You only need one decent defensive midfielder in front of the back four, problem is I think is that Henry is not good enough to be the one to do that. Sandro maybe? Then we could keep three attacking midfielders and have another striker to help Austin, who I don't think can really play the lone striker role.
Not wishing to on 11:12 - Sep 13 with 778 viewsLblock

I'm cutting CHRIS some slack for fear of upsetting the usual suspects

The players didn't look happy with the way they were set up yesterday and to a man they performed poorly
Strange decisions and a lack of them
I wouldn't of changed the team save for where injuries dictated
If we were to change then the obvious change would be to remove Karl Henry from the general W12 postcode
Confusion seemed to be the order of the day when hooking an outfield player to get Smithers on, again I'd of removed Henry and left the one man who can retain possession on

Many feel we have the strongest squad in the division and we had a great transfer window
I disagree (not totally)

We are still weak in key areas
Our full backs are not suited to CHRIS's preferred system, neither are that mobile or pacey
The holding midfielder position is an issue IF we are going persist with Henry. He slows the game down and is slow to press when we don't have the ball. Is Sandro the answer here?
Chery is being asked to do a job I don't think he's suitable to - much the same as Fer, he's not the best defensive minded
Charlie should have only one worry being is the cross coming from left or right. Instead our crossing is awful and he's being asked to hold the ball up, play deep and also occupy three defenders

Momentum lost and big job for CHRIS to the wagon rolling again

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Not wishing to on 11:22 - Sep 13 with 761 viewsbosh67

Not wishing to on 11:12 - Sep 13 by Lblock

I'm cutting CHRIS some slack for fear of upsetting the usual suspects

The players didn't look happy with the way they were set up yesterday and to a man they performed poorly
Strange decisions and a lack of them
I wouldn't of changed the team save for where injuries dictated
If we were to change then the obvious change would be to remove Karl Henry from the general W12 postcode
Confusion seemed to be the order of the day when hooking an outfield player to get Smithers on, again I'd of removed Henry and left the one man who can retain possession on

Many feel we have the strongest squad in the division and we had a great transfer window
I disagree (not totally)

We are still weak in key areas
Our full backs are not suited to CHRIS's preferred system, neither are that mobile or pacey
The holding midfielder position is an issue IF we are going persist with Henry. He slows the game down and is slow to press when we don't have the ball. Is Sandro the answer here?
Chery is being asked to do a job I don't think he's suitable to - much the same as Fer, he's not the best defensive minded
Charlie should have only one worry being is the cross coming from left or right. Instead our crossing is awful and he's being asked to hold the ball up, play deep and also occupy three defenders

Momentum lost and big job for CHRIS to the wagon rolling again

Agree with most of that. When you go down to 10 men you need to make a tactical statement and that would have meant going 4-3-2 or even 3-4-2. Years ago we went down to 10 men, I think it was under Sousa and he put another forward on, or at least a forward minded player, against Birmingham and we beat them 1-0. Yesterday I thought Chery had a quiet game, it will happen and I would have left Luongo on and taken Chery off. Although I would have moved Luongo to the middle of the park, taken Tozser off, who was tiring by then and I would have put Gladwin or JET up alongside Charlie. With two target men up front we would have stopped Forrest swamping forward, as they did. And we would have been able to put the ball into the mixer to a group of bigger players and perhaps got something back. But we simply marooned Charlie and that was that. When we did bring on Gladwin we didn't let him over the half way line. I've seen Gladwin at Swindon, he could even turn out to be another Charlie. He is a big lad, good in the air and he knows where the goal is. So we brought him on to defend a 2-1 defeat.

To be fair I thought we defended the 2-1 defeat quite well. :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Not wishing to on 11:30 - Sep 13 with 747 viewsRBlock

Quick. Everyone tweet Fernandes abuse, saying "Why aren't we playing 442 at home, Ramsey is shit and inexperienced." That'll solve things
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024