Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
worst film of 2015 10:31 - May 31 with 19306 viewsPunteR

Tomorrow land.

What a load of plop.

Don't worry everyone,global warming, , diseases and nuclear warfare can be stopped by people(kids) who have "imagination".

Spoiler warning:!!
Imagination saves the day....

Yes its a kids film.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 10:34]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

worst film of 2015 on 10:54 - May 31 with 8278 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I'll give that a swerve I think..
worst film of 2015 on 10:57 - May 31 with 8269 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Most films are shite these days. Cgi laden crap stories or crap remakes of classics!

What was the last decent new film you saw? For me I think it's the last Hobbit film I saw on a plane recently, otherwise it's mostly shite.
worst film of 2015 on 11:17 - May 31 with 8230 viewsenfieldargh

really enjoyed Taken but watched taken 2 & 3 on a flight last week.

What a load of tosh. Liam Neesen is a bit of a geriatric now so to see him try to run was really cringeworthy.

I had to run across the road the other day, made Liam Neesen look like Wayne Fereday in his pomp

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

worst film of 2015 on 11:18 - May 31 with 8224 viewstimcocking

(almost) all Hollywood 'blockbusters' are complete p!ss imo. I find them a terrifying indication of the average iq/mentality of the human race.
worst film of 2015 on 11:25 - May 31 with 8220 viewsPunteR

worst film of 2015 on 10:57 - May 31 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Most films are shite these days. Cgi laden crap stories or crap remakes of classics!

What was the last decent new film you saw? For me I think it's the last Hobbit film I saw on a plane recently, otherwise it's mostly shite.

I watched Battle of five armies last night when I got in. I was disappointed with that as well.
Desolation of Smaug was far better. They should have kept the Hobbit films to 2, but then if they did DOS wouldn't have been so good I suppose.
Last good film at the cinema I've seen was Guardians of the Galaxy.

worst film of 2015 on 11:29 - May 31 with 8212 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

worst film of 2015 on 10:57 - May 31 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Whiplash is excellent, predestination was very good. Plenty of decent stuff out there that most people wouldn't give a second glance at.
worst film of 2015 on 11:57 - May 31 with 8151 viewsBromleyHoop

worst film of 2015 on 11:18 - May 31 by timcocking

(almost) all Hollywood 'blockbusters' are complete p!ss imo. I find them a terrifying indication of the average iq/mentality of the human race.

No, not the whole human race...just Americans who churn out this crap that appeals to the lowest common denominator. There are good films out there but the vast majority are not from the U.S. Subtitles are the way forward!!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

worst film of 2015 on 12:10 - May 31 with 8140 viewsPunteR

worst film of 2015 on 11:57 - May 31 by BromleyHoop

No, not the whole human race...just Americans who churn out this crap that appeals to the lowest common denominator. There are good films out there but the vast majority are not from the U.S. Subtitles are the way forward!!

The Raid and Apocalypto ,Akira up there as three of my favorite subtitled films
Run Lola Run was good I seem to remember.
Not a massive fan of films I cant understand the language of though,has to be said,but those 3 I mentioned were excellent Imo.

Login to get fewer ads

worst film of 2015 (n/t) on 12:16 - May 31 with 8126 viewspeejaybee

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

worst film of 2015 on 12:18 - May 31 with 8121 viewspeejaybee

Nordic Noir

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

worst film of 2015 on 13:01 - May 31 with 8043 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

worst film of 2015 on 12:10 - May 31 by PunteR

Not a massive fan of films I cant understand the language of though,has to be said,but those 3 I mentioned were excellent Imo.

Yeah Akira is great! There is some decent Manga out there and I love Korean horror films! I also liked Run Lola Run. The Legend Of The Three Dragons was a good Manga series.

I can recommend the Taxi films ,which are French, for a good laugh.
worst film of 2015 on 13:04 - May 31 with 8034 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

worst film of 2015 on 11:25 - May 31 by PunteR

I watched Battle of five armies last night when I got in. I was disappointed with that as well.
Desolation of Smaug was far better. They should have kept the Hobbit films to 2, but then if they did DOS wouldn't have been so good I suppose.
Last good film at the cinema I've seen was Guardians of the Galaxy.

I have hope (a new hope..?) for the new Star Wars film but I'm sure that's a misplaced hope, borrowed from QPR as it's now end of season!
worst film of 2015 on 13:22 - May 31 with 8004 viewsToast_R

Not a movie but a series, Metallica mentioned this a few weeks back in a similar thread but for 100% genuine awe inspiring watchability, Black Sails has everything. Great characters, compelling story, action, just wonderful production. Not just your average costume drama.

I loved Homeland but this eclipses it.
worst film of 2015 on 13:34 - May 31 with 7990 viewsBlackCrowe

Saw Mad Max last night...surprisingly good entertainment. Possibly the most action-packed film i've seen, doesn't really let up for the whole two hours. 7/10

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

worst film of 2015 (n/t) on 13:50 - May 31 with 7967 viewslondonscottish

[Post edited 31 May 2015 15:00]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

worst film of 2015 on 14:07 - May 31 with 7942 viewspaulparker

Sex tape , utter dog sh1t and that's coming from someone who would kick his own mum to have a go on Cameron Diaz
Also bad neighbours is crap the bird who acts as Seth Romans wife is cringeworthy ,
Avoid these 2 films
On a postive note saw the Equaliser last night and thought it was very good, you can't go wrong with a bit of Denzil

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

worst film of 2015 on 14:31 - May 31 with 7917 viewsPommyhoop

worst film of 2015 on 12:10 - May 31 by PunteR

My favourite subtitled film..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

worst film of 2015 on 14:35 - May 31 with 7911 viewsRanger78

I agree that most main stream Blocbusters nowadays are pi££ poor but over the last few years I've seen some real gems if movies that are up there with the best I've seen :

The Town
Drive
Animal Kingdom
Secret Linings Playbook ( one for the missus but surprisingly good)
Mud

More recently, I've really liked

The Drop (Tom Hardy)
Locke ( Tom Hardy)
Captain Phillips
Mad Max ( Tom Hardy)
Kajacki

I'd recommend them all and in my opinion all have great acting. Tom Hardy is brilliant. He's especially good in the BBC TV series Peaky Blinders. If you haven't seen that, get on it. It's better than all of the movies
[Post edited 31 May 2015 16:34]
worst film of 2015 on 14:39 - May 31 with 7907 viewsMonahoop

worst film of 2015 on 11:29 - May 31 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Whiplash is excellent, predestination was very good. Plenty of decent stuff out there that most people wouldn't give a second glance at.

Have to agree with you on Whiplash, a brilliant film, which left me mentally exhausted afterwards such was the intensity of the subject and the obsessive traits of the two main characters. I now put this film into my top five, but that often changes. I'm a sucker for music/musician based films anyway, good or bad.
Haven't seen a bad film yet this year, but then I tend to stay clear of films where too many special effects take precedence over acting, trashy American crime thrillers, rom coms, films with sequels and I wouldn't watch a Hobbit film if you paid me a million quid.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

worst film of 2015 on 14:44 - May 31 with 7898 viewsPommyhoop

''If recommend them all and in my opinion all have great acting. Tom Hardy is brilliant. He's especially good in the BBC TV series Peaky Blinders. If you haven't seen that, get on it. It's better than all of the movies''

Looking forward to watching Hardy take on the roles of both The Kray twins...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

worst film of 2015 on 15:00 - May 31 with 7876 viewslondonscottish

worst film of 2015 on 11:18 - May 31 by timcocking

The vast majority are, and always have been, gash.

worst film of 2015 on 15:00 - May 31 with 7876 viewsmacclesfieldman

worst film of 2015 on 11:29 - May 31 by Hoop_Du_Jour

You are so wrong Pablo. I have a UGC season ticket and see c100 movies per year. 2015 has been a strong start for top quality films, American Sniper, The Theory of Everything, The Imagination Game, Foxcatcher, Whiplash, Still Alice, Big Eyes, Suite Francaise, Selma and many many more.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

worst film of 2015 on 15:02 - May 31 with 7872 viewslondonscottish

worst film of 2015 on 14:39 - May 31 by Monahoop

Have to agree with you on Whiplash, a brilliant film, which left me mentally exhausted afterwards such was the intensity of the subject and the obsessive traits of the two main characters. I now put this film into my top five, but that often changes. I'm a sucker for music/musician based films anyway, good or bad.
Haven't seen a bad film yet this year, but then I tend to stay clear of films where too many special effects take precedence over acting, trashy American crime thrillers, rom coms, films with sequels and I wouldn't watch a Hobbit film if you paid me a million quid.

I'm going to watch Whiplash as it comes recommended and sound like the sort of thing I like.

Talking of music films I saw Northern Soul a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

worst film of 2015 on 15:11 - May 31 with 7853 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

worst film of 2015 on 15:00 - May 31 by macclesfieldman

You are so wrong Pablo. I have a UGC season ticket and see c100 movies per year. 2015 has been a strong start for top quality films, American Sniper, The Theory of Everything, The Imagination Game, Foxcatcher, Whiplash, Still Alice, Big Eyes, Suite Francaise, Selma and many many more.

100 movies a year??? That's some dedication that is
worst film of 2015 on 15:40 - May 31 with 7804 viewsHantsR

I thought Whiplash was a very good film - I think we discussed it and its contemporaries on this forum a few months ago. Since then, I've gone to the cinema for:

Wild Tales, a cracker of a film!
Far from the Madding Crowd (Mrs Hants has rarely stopped complaining about this film ever since, although it actually wasn't that bad!)
The Connection - saw last night and was rather disappointed based on the 4 star review in The Times. None of the tension and intrigue of the original French Connection film to which it is linked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024