Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Netflix 14:14 - Jul 25 with 1740 viewsSnipper

Had an email earlier today informing me that my monthly subscription is going from £5.99 to £8.99 per month.

A 50% bloody rise. Cheeky fúckers.
Netflix on 14:23 - Jul 25 with 1700 viewsMatch82

I think Netflix are about to be in a world of pain. More and more companies are pulling their back catalog with the goal of creating their own streaming channels (Disney etc). Netflix are going to be left with a handful of stuff from minor distributors and their own content. Which is not going to be worth what they are now charging.
Netflix on 14:27 - Jul 25 with 1672 viewsAntti_Heinola

Netflix on 14:23 - Jul 25 by Match82

I think Netflix are about to be in a world of pain. More and more companies are pulling their back catalog with the goal of creating their own streaming channels (Disney etc). Netflix are going to be left with a handful of stuff from minor distributors and their own content. Which is not going to be worth what they are now charging.

yep big changes coming, and netflix's projections on new subscribers have been way off. Still, they do have the advantage of being 'first' and people will have to start choosing subscriptions, not doing all which some can do now. Sky must also, surely, be quaking a bit? They can't get many new subscribers these days?

Bare bones.

Netflix on 14:30 - Jul 25 with 1654 viewsMelakaRanger

Just last week I upgraded my sky package. I took the Ultimate deal at £3 a month extra for 18 months. This includes sky box sets and Netflix Premium. It was available to all sky subscribers.

I already was getting box sets for £1 a month so the net cost of Netflix was just £2 a month

If you have sky check out to see if that offer is still available to you
Netflix on 16:59 - Jul 25 with 1504 viewsrobith

Netflix on 14:23 - Jul 25 by Match82

TBH I only have netflix for their originals stuff. They take risks on content that others won't and while hit and miss, leads to some great stuff. Stranger Things, Russian Doll, When They See Us are all original and bloody good.

Disney is the one I question. I was at a meeting with Sky a while back and they'd said they'd run 29 different pricing and subscription take up models,they saw no way it could break even
Netflix on 17:00 - Jul 25 with 1494 viewsrobith

Lucky you, mine's been £7.99 for a couple of years.

You could try quitting - often they test price rises to different customers to see cancellation rates for what they can get away with
Netflix on 20:12 - Jul 25 with 1300 viewscolinallcars

I've often thought of Netflix but I like films from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Film Noire and Hollywood classics. Is it true that Netflix only has fairly recent films ?
Netflix on 20:43 - Jul 25 with 1269 viewsSharpy36

Netflix on 20:12 - Jul 25 by colinallcars

I've often thought of Netflix but I like films from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Film Noire and Hollywood classics. Is it true that Netflix only has fairly recent films ?

You need Popcorn time

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Netflix on 21:13 - Jul 25 with 1226 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Netflix on 20:43 - Jul 25 by Sharpy36

You need Popcorn time

Is that safe to download to and use on a laptop, Sharpy?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Netflix on 21:31 - Jul 25 with 1204 viewsed_83

Netflix on 16:59 - Jul 25 by robith

TBH I only have netflix for their originals stuff. They take risks on content that others won't and while hit and miss, leads to some great stuff. Stranger Things, Russian Doll, When They See Us are all original and bloody good.

Disney is the one I question. I was at a meeting with Sky a while back and they'd said they'd run 29 different pricing and subscription take up models,they saw no way it could break even

Surely they aren't intending it to break even, at least initially? They'll be doing what everyone else has done: hoover up content and run at a loss to rack up as many users as possible as quickly as they can, then bump the prices and cut back on costs until the sums add up.

Massive simplification but Disney's reserves are surely big enough for them to absorb massive losses if it means they can muscle Netflix and others out of the market eventually.
Netflix on 22:29 - Jul 25 with 1143 viewsjoolsyp

Netflix on 21:31 - Jul 25 by ed_83

Surely they aren't intending it to break even, at least initially? They'll be doing what everyone else has done: hoover up content and run at a loss to rack up as many users as possible as quickly as they can, then bump the prices and cut back on costs until the sums add up.

Massive simplification but Disney's reserves are surely big enough for them to absorb massive losses if it means they can muscle Netflix and others out of the market eventually.

Plus they have the Star Wars franchise and all the Marvel stuff. I think they’ll do well enough ... cheaper than BritBox!!
Netflix on 22:41 - Jul 25 with 1124 viewsthame_hoops

Mine is £9.99 going upto £11.99, it’s great value, high quality streams, I can put it on kids devices too and 3 people can watch all at the same time, if anything there is too much choice
Netflix on 22:50 - Jul 25 with 1109 viewsSharpy36

Netflix on 21:13 - Jul 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Is that safe to download to and use on a laptop, Sharpy?

I have it on my main tv, a tablet as well as my laptop and all work fine, but as with all things of this ilk, get and run a vpn in the background.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Netflix on 02:59 - Jul 26 with 1016 viewstimcocking

I like Netflix because it has started showing foreign programmes. These tend to be much better in my opinion. No offence, but the American made stuff is so utterly absurd 99 times out of a hundred that i find it an insult to my intelligence. We still make realistic seeming programmes in England, but anything American is almost guaranteed to be utterly retarded. It's as if they are made for people with an IQ in the low 70s. Absolute dog sh!t, i can't sit through them.

'I've got you held prisoner with my gun, so i'll just walk up close and let you take it, shall i?'. Embarrassing. My average grade for a 'blockbuster' is 2 out of 10 i'd have thought. Surely, adults don't watch those fcuking super-hero movies? Even as a child i found them insulting.

Programmes made in scandinavia or somewhere will typically seem realistic instead of ludicrous.
Netflix on 05:05 - Jul 26 with 995 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’d say the more stream providers enter the market, will result in more stream providers merging down the line and in some cases, they’ll have to merge.

Netflix’s content varies, but they do have some excellent stuff. But the really good thing is that you’re not stuck in a long contract so if its not your cup of Darjeeling, then you can cancel easy enough...we’ll thats what they say.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Netflix on 06:33 - Jul 26 with 962 viewscpgerber

Netflix on 02:59 - Jul 26 by timcocking

I like Netflix because it has started showing foreign programmes. These tend to be much better in my opinion. No offence, but the American made stuff is so utterly absurd 99 times out of a hundred that i find it an insult to my intelligence. We still make realistic seeming programmes in England, but anything American is almost guaranteed to be utterly retarded. It's as if they are made for people with an IQ in the low 70s. Absolute dog sh!t, i can't sit through them.

'I've got you held prisoner with my gun, so i'll just walk up close and let you take it, shall i?'. Embarrassing. My average grade for a 'blockbuster' is 2 out of 10 i'd have thought. Surely, adults don't watch those fcuking super-hero movies? Even as a child i found them insulting.

Programmes made in scandinavia or somewhere will typically seem realistic instead of ludicrous.

The Scandinavian series are indeed all excellent and as you said, realistic. Watched all of The Bridge, Trapped, Sandham Murders, Sorjonen, Midnight Sun, Bordertown, Beck ... all excellent.

The Team, Undercover, La Mante... two great foreign series as well.

I don’t watch any American stuff. Too prodictable and thin plots with characters out of place.
Netflix on 10:33 - Jul 26 with 891 viewsLowerloftLad

i pay £7.99 i think it has been value for money
sunderland till i die
stranger things
are just two that spring to mind as a must watch

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024