Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember 2011 08:22 - Dec 27 with 1172 viewsFeckmarkhughes

Routledge at Reading. When Rangers was the biggest buzz in my life, went to every home and away game that season except Cardiff away. Rangers excited me like a 4 year old on christmas eve. Now what do we have. Crap team new stadium bull shite every week and to top it all off I live on kew bridge!!! so hear and see the new brentford stadium every bloody day. Maybe I'm depressed lol but watching that last night and trying to convince my 6 year old to carry on supporting us was painful. Is there going to be a change or are we stuck in the 1996-2003 rangers again? Not one player seems to have any passion the lumley is heart attack material like Tony dodgy keeper Robert's and our best players exit looms. Please somebody tell me different so I can dream again!!
Remember 2011 on 08:46 - Dec 27 with 1118 viewsloftboy

Welcome to the world of football 2020 as the PL, FA would like it. An elite bunch of clubs on one division and fûck the rest.
Sky and the PL are the sole reason many clubs face extinction and football as we new it will never be the same.
I have really fallen out of love with the sport that consumed my entire life from the minute I was big enough to kick a ball.
I’m currently in Berlin and am getting more enjoyment having several holidays a year than I would if I spent the money getting my season ticket back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Remember 2011 on 08:48 - Dec 27 with 1120 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2011 was the exception not the rule. If you've come to the R's for the glory I have bad news for you.

We are doing fine, and better than t our historical average.
Remember 2011 on 09:22 - Dec 27 with 1069 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best season in years.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remember 2011 on 11:14 - Dec 27 with 955 viewsloftboy

Remember 2011 on 08:48 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

2011 was the exception not the rule. If you've come to the R's for the glory I have bad news for you.

We are doing fine, and better than t our historical average.

The thing is Baz the OP is hankering after a season that will become harder and harder to replicate.l due to the bias towards the elite and the utter contempt that lesser clubs like ourselves are perceived by media and the wànkers who run football.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Remember 2011 on 11:44 - Dec 27 with 916 viewsthame_hoops

You all should try dipping into NFL, a much fairer system and way more enjoyable.
Salary caps make going from last place to first place next season achievable and it does happen.
Remember 2011 on 11:47 - Dec 27 with 910 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Remember 2011 on 11:14 - Dec 27 by loftboy

The thing is Baz the OP is hankering after a season that will become harder and harder to replicate.l due to the bias towards the elite and the utter contempt that lesser clubs like ourselves are perceived by media and the wànkers who run football.

It will be harder, of course. Completely agree with you.

But what are we going to do about it? In Germany they boycott games and protest outside clubs. Can you imagine what they would do in Turkey or Egypt?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8qpj5x/against-modern-football-the-controvers
Remember 2011 on 11:48 - Dec 27 with 908 viewsrunningman75

I think it is about lowering expectations. After last season I was looking at a below middle table position. This is the championship where anyone can beat anyone. Look at the massive money going into some clubs. When we lost to Fulham people were moaning but they have Mitrović up front and we have to unwanted so called Premier league players up front. Certain players have been exciting at times. Chair and Bright have decent potential. If Eze goes lets hope we get some decent money to buy a centre back. I would also like an experienced goalkeeper in the squad. We have young players who see they can get into the first team squad in the past there were hardly any players breaking through. I still hope that we can bring a new Gallen through but middle aged so not too sure about this happening.
Remember 2011 on 12:03 - Dec 27 with 864 viewsfrancisbowles

Remember 2011 on 11:44 - Dec 27 by thame_hoops

You all should try dipping into NFL, a much fairer system and way more enjoyable.
Salary caps make going from last place to first place next season achievable and it does happen.

Yes that would be good, shame about the game though! Lol
Login to get fewer ads

Remember 2011 on 14:36 - Dec 27 with 771 viewsmcqpr10

The reason 2011 is such a glorious memory is because of all the madness and misery that preceded it. You can't truly appreciate the likes of faurlin and Adel in the championship until you've seen Tamas priskin playing on the right wing and Paul Hart playing 8 defenders at home against Doncaster (both the season before we got promoted if my memory serves right).

The buzz i get over a mundane win is far greater than fans of the big boys. When I watched the champions League final win for Liverpool amongst their fans in a pub in acton I realised how special our club is and our achievements. They hardly celebrated. We go mental at beating mid table forest away!
Remember 2011 on 14:38 - Dec 27 with 760 viewsdaveB

2011 is gone we need to move on, we currently have the basis of an exciting side, some really good players and a decent manager, plenty to be positive about
Remember 2011 on 20:42 - Dec 27 with 569 viewsManinBlack

I guess I have become conditioned but I have seen enough false dawns with our club over past decades to think we will kick on from the promise shown this season. Any sign of an upturn in our fortunes is usually quickly crushed which mirrors my life. QPR and myself are perfectly suited for a lifetime of disappointments.
Remember 2011 on 21:36 - Dec 27 with 527 viewsGroveR

I don't get serious on here very much FeckMH but the one word in your post that stands out is "depressed"

I've got a very good friend who invested himself too much in stuff, part of it how Rangers were doing, more personal, got depressed and messy on drink/drugs and had a very near miss. He doesn't come to games any more because it's painful when we lose.

I don't want to come across like Mr. Garrison from South Park but this time of the year can be hard on folk; make sure you have someone to talk to, mmmkay?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024