Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield 17:07 - Feb 12 with 2606 viewssdm1508

It's probably fair to say that Manning was a revelation at the start of the season but gradually his form has dropped of a bit and I have seen it said quite a few times that when he plays left back he gets out of position and doesn't do enough to stop the cross coming in. It's his attacking work that he was really known for.

Wallace has come in at time and done ok so I was wondering if maybe now is the time to get Manning a game as one of the 2 holding players in midfield. He has an eye for a pass, can cover a lot of ground and also can put this foot in when needed. It seems that our other option in that midfield 2 tend to only have those three attributes between them. I thought maybe a pairing of him and Ball in midfield. Been quite impressed with Ball and like how with his first touch he can get away from his marker and create a bit of space for himself.

Just wondering what others think?
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 17:15 - Feb 12 with 2589 viewsdannyblue

I agree
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 17:31 - Feb 12 with 2569 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Maybe. I’m quite surprised they haven’t tried it already so either they think he’s better off where he is or they don’t see it working. I’d say any concerns would be about his ability without the ball rather than with it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 18:12 - Feb 12 with 2510 viewsWestbourneR

Yep, I think it's a good idea.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 20:55 - Feb 12 with 2369 viewsHastings_Hoops

It’s been said before and for good reason. We need a sniper in midfield to get in the refs ear and bring some snap to our play.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 22:28 - Feb 12 with 2306 viewsShunter

Totally agree, he should replace Amos and partner either Ball or Cameron in midfield.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:11 - Feb 12 with 2259 viewswombat

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 22:28 - Feb 12 by Shunter

Totally agree, he should replace Amos and partner either Ball or Cameron in midfield.

Was tried at Barnsley recently and you won’t be more of a car crash than you did that afternoon , manning left wing Wallace left back chaos from the first minute until Wallace got hooked just after half time , by the time the damage was done

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:12 - Feb 12 with 2252 viewsdannyblue

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:11 - Feb 12 by wombat

Was tried at Barnsley recently and you won’t be more of a car crash than you did that afternoon , manning left wing Wallace left back chaos from the first minute until Wallace got hooked just after half time , by the time the damage was done

But we're not suggesting Manning left wing. We're suggesting Manning centre mid.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:24 - Feb 12 with 2243 viewswombat

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:12 - Feb 12 by dannyblue

But we're not suggesting Manning left wing. We're suggesting Manning centre mid.

Been played there before and he wasn’t great , I’m a fan of manning and he’s better as a left back for me , it would help if he Did have occasion cover on his wing though , Eze rarely tracks back so manning is usually got two players coming at home , bright also isn’t great at tracking back to cover this has been our main issues this season for me and teams have sussed it out ages ago

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:55 - Feb 12 with 2224 viewsdannyblue

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:24 - Feb 12 by wombat

Been played there before and he wasn’t great , I’m a fan of manning and he’s better as a left back for me , it would help if he Did have occasion cover on his wing though , Eze rarely tracks back so manning is usually got two players coming at home , bright also isn’t great at tracking back to cover this has been our main issues this season for me and teams have sussed it out ages ago

Opinions 😀. Might not have been great then, but might still be better than Amos now? We played differently then - wasn’t it Holloway era? Now we might benefit more from his range of passing. As left back I just don’t find him a great defender, and we can suffer with balls to the back post. Eze and BOS tracking back seem decent to me in the whole.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 01:07 - Feb 13 with 2193 viewsHooparoo

I like Manning but he’s far too one footed to play centre mid. You can’t play in the middle of everything unless you can at least pass with both feet.

Very obvious that his right foot is only for standing on
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 1:09]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 09:46 - Feb 13 with 2081 viewsgazza1

Entirely different game playing in midfield than LB........very difficult to judge if he would be able to perform consistently in midfield, wide or centre.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 10:06 - Feb 13 with 2059 viewsdaveB

I'd leave him at left back for now and try and improve his positioning
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 11:21 - Feb 13 with 2028 viewsWestbourneR

I really hope we've seen the last of Amos. He's utterly average, plays it painfully safe - and he's not ours.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 16:08 - Feb 13 with 1935 viewsTheChef

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 11:21 - Feb 13 by WestbourneR

I really hope we've seen the last of Amos. He's utterly average, plays it painfully safe - and he's not ours.

Agreed. Another Prem loanee who hasn't really delivered.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 16:10 - Feb 13 with 1934 viewsDando

Been saying it for ages. Wallace is pretty solid at left back, but Manning in midfield gives a lot of energy, quality, a good delivery - and hes our own player. Why we are playing Amos ahead of him, I will never know. I doubt Amos will ever be our player, and from what ive seen I wouldnt want him to be! Hopefully at some point, Manning will get his chance in that position
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 16:34 - Feb 13 with 1922 viewsWadR

He's been poor the last few games and has a tendency to look a yard off the pace out of possession but I think he's better than you give him credit for.

Links play to the attacking 3 better than Ball or Cameron and is capable of the occasional incisive forward pass (one brilliant one away at Reading sticks in the mind). And he has the legs and intelligence to make good third man runs. He was poor and carrying a knock against Bristol City but still created a couple of good chances early in the second half by making clever runs beyond Hugill.

I think keep Manning at left back, despite some defensive faults. Having Barbet back helps Manning a lot imo, as Barbet's passing often frees Manning in good positions. Our best period of the season came with Manning at LB or LWB and I don't think Wallace is markedly better, even defensively.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 16:41 - Feb 13 with 1917 viewsDando

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 16:34 - Feb 13 by WadR

He's been poor the last few games and has a tendency to look a yard off the pace out of possession but I think he's better than you give him credit for.

Links play to the attacking 3 better than Ball or Cameron and is capable of the occasional incisive forward pass (one brilliant one away at Reading sticks in the mind). And he has the legs and intelligence to make good third man runs. He was poor and carrying a knock against Bristol City but still created a couple of good chances early in the second half by making clever runs beyond Hugill.

I think keep Manning at left back, despite some defensive faults. Having Barbet back helps Manning a lot imo, as Barbet's passing often frees Manning in good positions. Our best period of the season came with Manning at LB or LWB and I don't think Wallace is markedly better, even defensively.

Not sure what the stats are but for me, we always look more solid when Amos is not playing. I dont think hes a poor player, but to me we look a bit lightweight and inexperienced when hes in the side. Doesn't give much presence and we look weak.

Will probably be a decent player in the future, but seems a bit of a Tom Carol to me - but with marginally more physicality to his game
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 17:09 - Feb 13 with 1891 viewsDavieQPR

It is a long time since Manning put in a useful performance in midfield and is more than likely to get sent off again as he would have to put in more of his clumsy challenges. For me Ball and Cameron if you want two defensive mids.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 18:03 - Feb 13 with 1869 viewsWadR

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 16:41 - Feb 13 by Dando

Not sure what the stats are but for me, we always look more solid when Amos is not playing. I dont think hes a poor player, but to me we look a bit lightweight and inexperienced when hes in the side. Doesn't give much presence and we look weak.

Will probably be a decent player in the future, but seems a bit of a Tom Carol to me - but with marginally more physicality to his game

Yeah that's probably fair. He's definitely got more bite than Carroll and think he's good on the ball under presure. But agree he doesn't have much presence.
Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 20:33 - Feb 15 with 1729 viewsMedwayR

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 01:07 - Feb 13 by Hooparoo

I like Manning but he’s far too one footed to play centre mid. You can’t play in the middle of everything unless you can at least pass with both feet.

Very obvious that his right foot is only for standing on
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 1:09]

Have you changed your mind after today's assist for Hugill?

Manning should be CM with Ball next season.

Also good to hear that Smyth is hitting some form for Wycombe, hopefully he'll come back ready to slot straight in.

Poll: Who’s better?

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 22:05 - Feb 15 with 1549 viewssevenhoop

Ahem....

Time for Ryan Manning by sevenhoop 9 Feb 2020 13:03
He was our best player (going forwards) for the first part of the season. He lost that firm when the manager (understandably, for defensive reasons) seemed put a lid on him going forward.

But he has pace and can create and score goals. I would much rather see him in centre mid alongside Ball than the rather anemic Amos. Besides, he’s our player. We need some real urgency and pace in the middle and he can provide it. It’s all too pedestrian at the moment.

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 23:57 - Feb 15 with 1445 viewsHooparoo

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 20:33 - Feb 15 by MedwayR

Have you changed your mind after today's assist for Hugill?

Manning should be CM with Ball next season.

Also good to hear that Smyth is hitting some form for Wycombe, hopefully he'll come back ready to slot straight in.

I stand corrected. Lovely through ball with his right peg for Hugill. Happy to be proved wrong 😃

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Maybe give Manning a go in midfield on 17:57 - Feb 16 with 1235 viewsderbyhoop

"he's not ours"? Yet.

Eze to Spurs for millions + Amos.?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024