Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Point Deductions. 10:32 - Jul 16 with 8334 viewsted_hendrix

What is the score with the point deductions does anybody know or have an inkling?
I was under the impression that Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday and to a lesser extent Derby County were under threat?
Surely they are not going to wait until the end of the season (next Wednesday) before making any announcement.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Point Deductions. on 10:34 - Jul 16 with 3595 viewsNorthernr

Wigan are getting 12 off after the last game. Currently safe regardless which is some achievement.
Sheff Wed is pending, meant to be this season but it's gone quiet.
Derby a bit further off.
Point Deductions. on 10:43 - Jul 16 with 3573 viewsted_hendrix

Point Deductions. on 10:34 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Wigan are getting 12 off after the last game. Currently safe regardless which is some achievement.
Sheff Wed is pending, meant to be this season but it's gone quiet.
Derby a bit further off.

Ok ta the Sheffield Wednesday one is an odd one, you'd imagine a decision has been made already then surely it should be announced?
Anyway I've woke up in a bit of a (points deduction) sadistic mood.

Point Deductions. on 10:55 - Jul 16 with 3513 viewsloftboy

They’ve looked at all 3 clubs and have decided to take 21 points off QPR

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Point Deductions. on 11:24 - Jul 16 with 3444 viewsPeterHucker

Point Deductions. on 10:55 - Jul 16 by loftboy

They’ve looked at all 3 clubs and have decided to take 21 points off QPR

... and fine Jake Cole too, right?
Point Deductions. on 11:26 - Jul 16 with 3436 viewsQPR_John

Point Deductions. on 10:43 - Jul 16 by ted_hendrix

Ok ta the Sheffield Wednesday one is an odd one, you'd imagine a decision has been made already then surely it should be announced?
Anyway I've woke up in a bit of a (points deduction) sadistic mood.

At the end of the season Sheffield Wednesday will have enough points deducted to end up with 1 point more than the team in 22nd place
Point Deductions. on 12:03 - Jul 16 with 3359 viewsloftus77

Point Deductions. on 11:26 - Jul 16 by QPR_John

At the end of the season Sheffield Wednesday will have enough points deducted to end up with 1 point more than the team in 22nd place

This. I'm glad it's not just me. Brum Mark II.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 12:04]
Point Deductions. on 12:19 - Jul 16 with 3315 viewsfrancisbowles

Point Deductions. on 12:03 - Jul 16 by loftus77

This. I'm glad it's not just me. Brum Mark II.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 12:04]

Anything less than 12 for Wednesday and it would be more of a sanction if applied next season.
Point Deductions. on 12:42 - Jul 16 with 3265 viewsdaveB

Point Deductions. on 12:19 - Jul 16 by francisbowles

Anything less than 12 for Wednesday and it would be more of a sanction if applied next season.

it's unlikely to be more than 12 points, they cant give the points deduction based on what relegates them otherwise the punishment might as well be relegation.

For Sheff Wed it makes sense to deduct from next season, if they do it now any appeal will take it into the summer
Login to get fewer ads

Point Deductions. on 12:55 - Jul 16 with 3241 viewsNorthernr

Point Deductions. on 12:42 - Jul 16 by daveB

it's unlikely to be more than 12 points, they cant give the points deduction based on what relegates them otherwise the punishment might as well be relegation.

For Sheff Wed it makes sense to deduct from next season, if they do it now any appeal will take it into the summer

I saw a breakdown of what they can actually be deducted under the rules and if they're found absolutely guilty of everything they're accused of the maximum available is 21 points.

Edit - here it is from Kieran Maguire who's basically the authority on football finance in this country. 12 is the most they can be docked for FFP breach, an additional penalty of up to nine can be docked if they're found to have obstructed the investigation, which given one of the accusations is Wednesday stuck things in sets of accounts they didn't belong in to alter the timescale and hide a breach you'd suggest they have done. But then Birmingham signed a player while under an embargo and didn't get rinsed for it.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-expert-ef

This post has been edited by an administrator
Point Deductions. on 13:02 - Jul 16 with 3214 viewsRog

Article in The Athletic today says the Sheff Weds verdict due before Saturday's match. Either 12 or 21 points seems likely. Derby case is being heard this week so their sanction would be next season if there is one. Wigan's 12 points seems nailed on.
Point Deductions. on 13:10 - Jul 16 with 3181 viewsbosh67

It does seem to me that given how much everyone else has gotten away with things since we were fined the national debt of Cuba that there may be some point where our legal counsel perhaps drops the powers that be a note to the effect of saying, if you do this to us then either everyone else has to be treated the same or you reduce our fine to suit the more lenient approach being shown to everyone else?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Point Deductions. on 13:15 - Jul 16 with 3167 viewsstowmarketrange

Point Deductions. on 13:10 - Jul 16 by bosh67

It does seem to me that given how much everyone else has gotten away with things since we were fined the national debt of Cuba that there may be some point where our legal counsel perhaps drops the powers that be a note to the effect of saying, if you do this to us then either everyone else has to be treated the same or you reduce our fine to suit the more lenient approach being shown to everyone else?

I think we were fined under the old rules of FFP,which basically stands for we will Finally F@ck Paladini.
They laws were changed after they’d got even with us from 2010-11.
Point Deductions. on 13:25 - Jul 16 with 3131 viewsdaveB

Point Deductions. on 12:55 - Jul 16 by Northernr

I saw a breakdown of what they can actually be deducted under the rules and if they're found absolutely guilty of everything they're accused of the maximum available is 21 points.

Edit - here it is from Kieran Maguire who's basically the authority on football finance in this country. 12 is the most they can be docked for FFP breach, an additional penalty of up to nine can be docked if they're found to have obstructed the investigation, which given one of the accusations is Wednesday stuck things in sets of accounts they didn't belong in to alter the timescale and hide a breach you'd suggest they have done. But then Birmingham signed a player while under an embargo and didn't get rinsed for it.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-expert-ef

This post has been edited by an administrator

Blimey, that all looks a bit messy.

They really need to put deadlines in place to submit accounts to the EFL and have punishments and cases concluded long before the end of the season.
Point Deductions. on 13:44 - Jul 16 with 3068 viewsted_hendrix

Point Deductions. on 13:25 - Jul 16 by daveB

They really need to put deadlines in place to submit accounts to the EFL and have punishments and cases concluded long before the end of the season.

This is one of the reasons I was scratching my head this morning, whilst understanding rules and regulations get changed from time to time, the ordinary bloke in the street (me) can never quite get a grasp of what is legal and what Isn't, whereas the owners of clubs must surely know the rules for their own benefit and plain old financial common sense.

Point Deductions. on 13:51 - Jul 16 with 3041 viewsQPR_John

Point Deductions. on 13:15 - Jul 16 by stowmarketrange

I think we were fined under the old rules of FFP,which basically stands for we will Finally F@ck Paladini.
They laws were changed after they’d got even with us from 2010-11.

How true how very true
Point Deductions. on 14:11 - Jul 16 with 2995 viewsfrancisbowles

So for arguments sake they get a 18 points or more deduction. They would definitely be relegated and that could be 17 if Barnsley win tonight. They are almost certain to appeal. So how long will that take?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:12]
Point Deductions. on 14:51 - Jul 16 with 2924 viewsEastR

they do have rules, they're being not enforced or ignored, or both

Section 16

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-4---clubs/

and specifically financial statements on FFP
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Point Deductions. on 14:53 - Jul 16 with 2921 viewsterryb

I understood that there is a deadline.

My "source" on all things football finance related told me that the deadline had been extended by three months this year & Derby still failed to submit in time!

BTW my source is not employed by any club, but has posted many articles on FFP & finance on this site as well as AKUTR's.
Point Deductions. on 16:42 - Jul 16 with 2815 viewsRangersDave

Wigans knowledge of a 12 point deduction pending has proved to be just what they needed to avoid any real punishment. FFS , what is the point?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Point Deductions. on 16:45 - Jul 16 with 2806 viewsNorthernr

Point Deductions. on 14:11 - Jul 16 by francisbowles

So for arguments sake they get a 18 points or more deduction. They would definitely be relegated and that could be 17 if Barnsley win tonight. They are almost certain to appeal. So how long will that take?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:12]

Piece in the Athletic today saying exactly that. Same at bottom of League Two where Macclesfield's points deduction is being appealed by the league. Chances of these things being settled for a september 12 restart aren't good apparently.
Point Deductions. on 17:04 - Jul 16 with 2757 viewsTheChef

Point Deductions. on 13:02 - Jul 16 by Rog

Article in The Athletic today says the Sheff Weds verdict due before Saturday's match. Either 12 or 21 points seems likely. Derby case is being heard this week so their sanction would be next season if there is one. Wigan's 12 points seems nailed on.

I'm assuming it's a case of the EFL getting all their ducks in a row, but the Wednesday verdict seems to have taken forever. I'm at the stage where I'll believe it when I hear it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Point Deductions. on 17:07 - Jul 16 with 2749 viewsClive_Anderson

Seems like all points deductions should be at the start of the following season.

Then the punishment can't be meaningless and you can't have the danger of appeal meaning clubs don't know which division that they'll be in next season.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 17:26]
Point Deductions. on 17:09 - Jul 16 with 2740 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well, hopefully, we will have Villa back with us in less than 3 hours time, should cheer us up a bit.
Edit, sorry just seen there are 3 games to go so maybe have to wait a few days
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 17:12]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Point Deductions. on 17:27 - Jul 16 with 2687 viewsGloucs_R

Point Deductions. on 11:24 - Jul 16 by PeterHucker

... and fine Jake Cole too, right?

He's just turned up at Gloucester city as the goalkeeping coach...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Point Deductions. on 17:41 - Jul 16 with 2656 viewsHunterhoop

Wigan surviving with a points deduction: good, fair play, that deduction had teeth but the players and staff overcame it. No issues from me. The chairman is the villain there.

Wednesday have had no punishment at all. A 12 point deduction is an irrelevance and no penalty at all. Either they take the 21 and go down OR hold it for next season. Otherwise there is no point.

Derby: surely will be next year and applicable then.

Villa: based on the logic of us being fined the moment we stepped back into the EFL’s territory, I expect the same of Villa, who got promoted through breaching FFP’s 3 year loss cap in 2 seasons, helping them trouser 120m or whatever grotesque figure it is, AND begin another 3 year set of parachute payments.

Bournemouth: they’ve should also be awaiting a whacking great fine upon their return. Didn’t they lose 39m in their promotion season alone?? Same as Villa please.

Those last 4 should all start on minus 12 next year unless Wednesday get relegated this year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024