Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report 17:48 - Sep 29 with 2652 viewsNorthernr

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report 29th Sep 2021 17:37
QPR snapped a three-game losing run in the league and avoided a fourth consecutive loss for the first time under Mark Warburton, as Ilias Chair scored twice to down Birmingham at Loftus Road on Tuesday night. 30

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 18:14 - Sep 29 with 2530 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive,

As usual a couple of laugh out loud moments.

Slightly harsh marks for the ref, Dickie and Chair, but who cares we won and that was the most important thing.

Agree about the 'blade of grass' and the 'finger', so maybe not so harsh after all!

Crowd - think it was those very underwhelming 1st 20 minutes that quietened the crowd, but didn't think atmosphere too bad for a very wet Tuesday and there weren't loads of chances, big decisions to get too excited about I guess.

Oh and slow play? You DO know who's coming to town on Saturday don't you?

Sorry one more point - BBC stats had Birmingham no shots on target as well, but siting in ER Chong's header looked on target to me - deceiving angle obviously.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 18:17]
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 19:21 - Sep 29 with 2280 viewsManinBlack

One thing I would say in an otherwise excellent report is that we play to a different set of refereeing rules. McCallum will be penalised for taking time to throw the ball into play unlike our opponents.

I still haven't got over how we were a goal ahead at Middlesbrough with 10 men and the ref played 11 minutes of stoppage time hoping for a Boro leveller. No ref has ever given us such generous time when we are a goal down and the opposition has indulged in blatant time wasting.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 19:31 - Sep 29 with 2247 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 1965 viewscolinallcars

Great stuff once again.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 23:04 - Sep 29 with 1727 viewsnix

Loved this. Thanks Clive.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 06:49 - Sep 30 with 1515 viewswestberksr

great stuff Clive as per...

point well made about Chair; but also interesting to see him state his disappointment in himself the previous couple of games post match... another apparently decent young kid who we should enjoy while we can; not berate when stuff doesn't quite come off for him.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 08:29 - Sep 30 with 1425 viewsnix

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 06:49 - Sep 30 by westberksr

point well made about Chair; but also interesting to see him state his disappointment in himself the previous couple of games post match... another apparently decent young kid who we should enjoy while we can; not berate when stuff doesn't quite come off for him.

So true, I certainly wouldn't want a load of people going on Twitter to say how badly I did with my last client. It would totally destroy my confidence if it kept happening.

Different if I said it about myself.

I love the fact that they all want to do well so much. It's so different to the Redknapp and Hughes years.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 08:50 - Sep 30 with 1377 viewsNorthernr

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 06:49 - Sep 30 by westberksr

As ever it's the manner of the delivery. Saying Chair didn't play very well at West Brom, culpable in the last goal, should have passed to Dykes, or whatever, is just fair comment. It's been going on in the stands, in pubs, in fanzines, on the radio, on sites like this... it's as old as the sport itself. We shouldn't just sit there and clap along with everything for fear of hurting the footballers' feelings.

Social media, and Twitter in particular, has done two things. Firstly, it encourages a race to the bottom. Who can say the most ridiculous, aggressive, OTT thing? Chair didn't play very well at West Brom becomes Chair's sht, Chair's always been overrated, Chair needs to fck off, Chair's a sht cnt. And second, people feel the need to copy players into their hot takes. If Dave Thomas says Chair didn't play very well at West Brom in AKUTRs, or Joe Hylton says Chair didn't play very well at West Brom in the Crown, Chair's not going to hear or see that, unless he actually goes out of his way to find it in which case it's on him. On Twitter and Instagram, people copy the player into the post, so that's piped straight into his phone for him to see, possibly the first thing he sees when he picks his phone up in the dressing room or on the bus afterwards, already feeling pretty sht about his night.

I'm sure to some players it's water off a duck's back, part and parcel of being a very well paid sportsman. But if you're not that naturally confident and sure sort of personality, or you're going through a bit of a loss of form generally, or you've got sht going on at home, the kindest thing you can say about stuff like that is it's not going to help is it? Believe me, having even just one person coming after you on there, waking up in the night and checking the time on your phone only to see the dreaded notification of another barb coming your way, is a disconcerting and unpleasant experience.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 09:38 - Sep 30 with 1284 viewsNorthantsHoop

Big win against Birmingham, always thought we had the better of them in the terrible conditions. Chair was really on it and good all round team performance. Are the floodlights being dulled, in both this and the Everton game the lights do not seem very bright, it might just be my perception.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 09:43 - Sep 30 with 1262 viewsdaveB

Agree with Clive in this and have seen the reaction from Austin and his wife to a few people doing the same to him, he comes across hugely confident but even for him that criticism directly aimed at him seems to annoy/upset/frustrate him
For what it's worth I still think barbet is more at fault for that 2nd West brom goal, plays a daft pass and sprints forward leaving Chair with nowhere to go
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 09:44 - Sep 30 with 1261 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Ba ha ha ha! Love it! That refs report was a proper laugh out loud moment. Thanks Clive. 😂
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 10:57 - Sep 30 with 1138 viewstoboboly

Good report.

No idea why people in the last year or so have started getting so worked up about player ratings. Just read and enjoy.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 10:58 - Sep 30 with 1141 viewsNorthernr

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 10:57 - Sep 30 by toboboly

Good report.

No idea why people in the last year or so have started getting so worked up about player ratings. Just read and enjoy.

That's not new.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 12:21 - Sep 30 with 1042 viewswestberksr

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 08:50 - Sep 30 by Northernr

As ever it's the manner of the delivery. Saying Chair didn't play very well at West Brom, culpable in the last goal, should have passed to Dykes, or whatever, is just fair comment. It's been going on in the stands, in pubs, in fanzines, on the radio, on sites like this... it's as old as the sport itself. We shouldn't just sit there and clap along with everything for fear of hurting the footballers' feelings.

Social media, and Twitter in particular, has done two things. Firstly, it encourages a race to the bottom. Who can say the most ridiculous, aggressive, OTT thing? Chair didn't play very well at West Brom becomes Chair's sht, Chair's always been overrated, Chair needs to fck off, Chair's a sht cnt. And second, people feel the need to copy players into their hot takes. If Dave Thomas says Chair didn't play very well at West Brom in AKUTRs, or Joe Hylton says Chair didn't play very well at West Brom in the Crown, Chair's not going to hear or see that, unless he actually goes out of his way to find it in which case it's on him. On Twitter and Instagram, people copy the player into the post, so that's piped straight into his phone for him to see, possibly the first thing he sees when he picks his phone up in the dressing room or on the bus afterwards, already feeling pretty sht about his night.

I'm sure to some players it's water off a duck's back, part and parcel of being a very well paid sportsman. But if you're not that naturally confident and sure sort of personality, or you're going through a bit of a loss of form generally, or you've got sht going on at home, the kindest thing you can say about stuff like that is it's not going to help is it? Believe me, having even just one person coming after you on there, waking up in the night and checking the time on your phone only to see the dreaded notification of another barb coming your way, is a disconcerting and unpleasant experience.

totally agree with all of that; chatting post game and general comments about performances is nothing that the players don't do themselves and part of supporting and watching football.

probably why I never really follow twitter, insta etc (apart from being an old git) is exactly what you have stated as the actions of the plebs that think having a passing interest gives them the right to spout off directly in such excessive and abusive terms

I'm sticking to pub chat and this place
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 13:44 - Sep 30 with 911 viewsSuperhoop83

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 10:58 - Sep 30 by Northernr

That's not new.

The fan votes on here only match your ratings in two cases - Dunne with 7 and Dykes with 6.

Can you not introduce decimal points to be more accurate? In my opinion Ball was a clear 6.3 on Tuesday and Austin a 5.8.

Suffering since 1978.

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 13:59 - Sep 30 with 888 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 13:44 - Sep 30 by Superhoop83

The fan votes on here only match your ratings in two cases - Dunne with 7 and Dykes with 6.

Can you not introduce decimal points to be more accurate? In my opinion Ball was a clear 6.3 on Tuesday and Austin a 5.8.

I had Moses as a solid 7.5

The grass is always greener.

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 14:00 - Sep 30 with 886 viewsNorthernr

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 13:44 - Sep 30 by Superhoop83

No.
Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 14:06 - Sep 30 with 868 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair's redemption double dose gets QPR back on the horse - Report on 14:00 - Sep 30 by Northernr

No.

Might make your life easier if you changed to

Rubbish
OK
Good
Brilliant

Only trying to help
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024