Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glass half empty perspective. 21:52 - Dec 18 with 2178 viewsMyke

The way the leading sides are faltering (Bournemouth's form is shocking - worse than Derby's over the past 6 games), is encouraging and gives us hope that they can be reined in. However, I am currently getting more concerned by the improved form of Forest and Boro. Both seemed to have benefitted from a managerial change. As have SU having won three in a row.
The league has really tightened up again and there is nothing to choose between the top ten. Coventry's form is as poor as the top three and they are in danger of slipping away. Blackburn are obviously THE form team of the moment (I still can reconcile that to their performance at LR) and are looking good to break into the top two. Impossible to know with Covid how things will pan out in the near future, but some nervy months ahead.
Glass half empty perspective. on 22:12 - Dec 18 with 2085 viewsdaveB

Other than the top 2 there is no one in that top half we should be fearing if we make the playoffs. So long to go though and so much can happen. I'm just enjoying it whilst we still can go
Glass half empty perspective. on 22:41 - Dec 18 with 2017 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Other than Fulhan I would say.
Glass half empty perspective. on 00:59 - Dec 19 with 1915 viewsbob566

Reckon it's a blip. Still think them and Fulham will steer clear. WBA pretty ordinary. Boro are a dark horse. Wilder is a good boss. They won't lose many.
Glass half empty perspective. on 09:42 - Dec 19 with 1685 viewsHAYESBOY

Blackburn have got going again. Scoring for fun.

Forest creeping into the mix.

I think we will be in the mix for the top 6. Hopefully some bodies coming back that will balance the team.
Still think we need to consider a left wing back in Jan.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Glass half empty perspective. on 13:01 - Dec 19 with 1522 viewsAntti_Heinola

Pointless worrying about other teams, we cannot control their form, progress or new manager bounces.
Regardless of what anyone else does, if we replicate our form over the last 12 months in the next 4-5, we’ll be in the playoffs.

Bare bones.

Glass half empty perspective. on 14:07 - Dec 19 with 1405 viewsstevec

Glass half empty perspective. on 13:01 - Dec 19 by Antti_Heinola

Pointless worrying about other teams, we cannot control their form, progress or new manager bounces.
Regardless of what anyone else does, if we replicate our form over the last 12 months in the next 4-5, we’ll be in the playoffs.

Looking like 73 points, maybe 74, will be enough to make top 6 now.

Means we need about 1.5 points a game, 9th place form for rest of season, to make the play offs.

We’d probably need at least 2 points a game for automatic promotion which is a massive ask, not something we even managed in the Warnock promotion.

As such, might be best we don’t bust a gut in January to acquire more players, and hope our bad luck with wing back injuries improves somewhat.

That said, if Dembele was available on the cheap, might be a useful addition.
Glass half empty perspective. on 14:14 - Dec 19 with 1393 viewsPinnerPaul

I think Covid has thrown all the cards up in the air.....again.

Without getting into the 'rights' and 'wrongs' - please! - think we will at least see maybe a break, maybe no crowds, between now and the end of the season - how that will affect things is anyone's guess.
Glass half empty perspective. on 14:25 - Dec 19 with 1363 viewsNorthernr

Same every year, couple of early pace setters drop away, couple of teams come from further back. Few weeks back Coventry and Bournemouth looked very good, now not so much. Boro and Forest have gone the other way, maybe Sheff Utd too. We've just got to maintain our form as best we can. Next couple of months is going to be a mass of postponements, players missing, probably some of it behind closed doors (and remember what happened to us first time around when that happened, we were pushing play-offs then as well), so we've just got to keep it together and knock as close to two points a game as we can during what's certain to be a pretty dire period in all our lives.
Login to get fewer ads

Glass half empty perspective. on 14:32 - Dec 19 with 1333 viewsPinnerPaul

To lighten the mood, I thought it hilarious/ironic/unbelievable (depending on my mood at the time) that MW said this on the offy

"We have a vitally important game against Bournemouth coming up, but mine and John (Eustace) and Neil (Banfield’s) greatest concern looking ahead to that game is we wouldn’t have played for three weeks"

Soooooooooooooooooooo playing 27 times in 3 weeks is 'bad', playing 0 times in 3 weeks is also "bad"

Please treat this post in the light hearted way it was composed!
Glass half empty perspective. on 14:37 - Dec 19 with 1317 viewsstevec

Glass half empty perspective. on 14:32 - Dec 19 by PinnerPaul

To lighten the mood, I thought it hilarious/ironic/unbelievable (depending on my mood at the time) that MW said this on the offy

"We have a vitally important game against Bournemouth coming up, but mine and John (Eustace) and Neil (Banfield’s) greatest concern looking ahead to that game is we wouldn’t have played for three weeks"

Soooooooooooooooooooo playing 27 times in 3 weeks is 'bad', playing 0 times in 3 weeks is also "bad"

Please treat this post in the light hearted way it was composed!

I was expecting a spoof to appear on here regards no games in 21 days but Warbs has actually said that??!!

Superb.
Glass half empty perspective. on 14:45 - Dec 19 with 1301 viewsPinnerPaul

Glass half empty perspective. on 14:37 - Dec 19 by stevec

I was expecting a spoof to appear on here regards no games in 21 days but Warbs has actually said that??!!

Superb.

Yep - it IS on the offy!
Glass half empty perspective. on 16:53 - Dec 19 with 1142 viewsdavman

This season more than most, the stories about the Championship are largely true - anyone beats anyone. We have turned from a team that usually loses to one that is mostly competitive in every game (aside from Fulham and Stoke, I'd say that has been true this year not just this season).

So many of our games could have gone either way - Reading (a), Derby (a), Brizzle C (h), Peterborough (a), Forest (h) to name a few and we have rarely been stuffed or issued out a stuffing. Even the 3-0 v Hull had its share of very ropey moments.

It looks like a toss of a coin as to whether we qualify for the playoffs and then a toss of the coin whether we win them - I'd take a 1 in 4 chance of going up!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Glass half empty perspective. on 16:57 - Dec 19 with 1132 viewsNorthernr

Glass half empty perspective. on 16:53 - Dec 19 by davman

This season more than most, the stories about the Championship are largely true - anyone beats anyone. We have turned from a team that usually loses to one that is mostly competitive in every game (aside from Fulham and Stoke, I'd say that has been true this year not just this season).

So many of our games could have gone either way - Reading (a), Derby (a), Brizzle C (h), Peterborough (a), Forest (h) to name a few and we have rarely been stuffed or issued out a stuffing. Even the 3-0 v Hull had its share of very ropey moments.

It looks like a toss of a coin as to whether we qualify for the playoffs and then a toss of the coin whether we win them - I'd take a 1 in 4 chance of going up!

FINE MARGINS KLAXON
Glass half empty perspective. on 17:57 - Dec 19 with 1022 viewsPinnerPaul

Glass half empty perspective. on 16:53 - Dec 19 by davman

Think they WILL finish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,somehow.

Points per game ratio as a last resort I would have thought.

But really, no one knows!
Glass half empty perspective. on 18:04 - Dec 19 with 1007 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I'd say we've been the most consistent side in the Championship for a year now.

Gerry Francis must be having kittens!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024