Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real catalyst for this disaster. 18:30 - Apr 19 with 2905 viewskennoo

Much finger pointing as to who is responsible for this season's debacle, i.e. The board,LF,Lee Hoos,and of course Mr.Integrity himself, but I cant help wondering what the f**k Wolverhampton Wanderers were doing tapping up a manager who had barely got his feet under the table at Loftus Road.
Presumably, they would have had to ask for permission to talk to him,or did they make an illegal approach?
If permission was given for them to talk to him, whoever gave the nod has a lot to answer for,but Wolves were, in my humble opinion, the spark that set off this sh*tshow we are left with.
We need answers!
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 18:33 - Apr 19 with 2847 viewsPinnerPaul

BUT we won both games after that to sit top of the league.

We've been through them all, but surely we can agree its not ONE thing, person or catalyst?

Probably not is the answer but that's my easy answer anyway!
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 19:38 - Apr 19 with 2719 viewsPunteR

Look what happened to Caterham .
There's your answer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 19:38 - Apr 19 with 2725 viewsMonkey_Roots

I think he put himself forward on the sly.
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 19:44 - Apr 19 with 2699 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Chelsea job opening up in a few weeks what are the chances MB (forgot his nickname ) gets involved with his amazing presentation.
Not that it matters to us of course its desperation time here and we need some magic right now
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 22:03 - Apr 19 with 2461 viewspaulparker

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 19:38 - Apr 19 by PunteR

There's your answer.

Totally agree
And we will be next with these clowns in charge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 22:06 - Apr 19 with 2445 viewsBenny_the_Ball

There's your answer.

Not sure why anyone would downvote this comment. It's the truth, no matter how tough to swallow.
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 22:22 - Apr 19 with 2307 viewsdistortR

More and more, I think Beale looked at the ineptness that personifies our club at the moment, the cliques he'd come up against, and bailed. He looked at f'king stoke, ffs. I now think that's more a reflection on us then it is him*.

*He's a cvnt, obvs.
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 23:00 - Apr 19 with 2169 viewsVancouverHoop

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 22:22 - Apr 19 by distortR

More and more, I think Beale looked at the ineptness that personifies our club at the moment, the cliques he'd come up against, and bailed. He looked at f'king stoke, ffs. I now think that's more a reflection on us then it is him*.

*He's a cvnt, obvs.

We'll probably never know how it actually played out but I'm inclined to agree.

Thing I can't quite get my head around though is why he was given approval, almost immediately, to bring in so many of his own players so soon? That, more than anything, has been responsible for the sh*t-show this season has turned into. His departure pulled the plug on everyone's expectations.
Login to get fewer ads

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 23:23 - Apr 19 with 2079 viewsdistortR

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 23:00 - Apr 19 by VancouverHoop

We'll probably never know how it actually played out but I'm inclined to agree.

Thing I can't quite get my head around though is why he was given approval, almost immediately, to bring in so many of his own players so soon? That, more than anything, has been responsible for the sh*t-show this season has turned into. His departure pulled the plug on everyone's expectations.

I kind of get it. Getting him was a coup. So they gave him his head. Which probably went down badly with other factions in the club, the same one's Warbs bumped heads against - the one's who think kakay and hamalwhat'shisname are the answer, which they have to, to justify their own jobs.
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 00:55 - Apr 20 with 1913 viewsPunteR

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 22:06 - Apr 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Not sure why anyone would downvote this comment. It's the truth, no matter how tough to swallow.

Antti can't handle the truth.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 06:49 - Apr 20 with 1733 viewsWestonsuperR

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 22:22 - Apr 19 by distortR

*He's a cvnt, obvs.

Agree. We need to stop looking just at Beale, he was offered a huge pay-rise at a vastly bigger club and took it.

Beale being blamed is really masking bigger issues at the club. I’d imagine MB relised what a mess we were in and lack of finances and made the decision to leave, guessing most Manager’s being given the chance at Rangers would have done the same.
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 09:23 - Apr 20 with 1543 viewsstinkydad

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 18:33 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

BUT we won both games after that to sit top of the league.

We've been through them all, but surely we can agree its not ONE thing, person or catalyst?

Probably not is the answer but that's my easy answer anyway!

This. I think it's more likely a combination of things like;

1. The Beale debacle
2. Some horrible luck with injuries combined with poor squad depth
3. Too many loan players
4. Not having more than one recognised striker for most of the season
5. Having 3 different managers trying to get the players playing their way
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 09:55 - Apr 20 with 1453 viewsrobith

The idea that Wolves, who have practically made Portuguese their state language, suddenly decided a guy who'd managed like 12 games was the guy to keep them up is absolutely farcical.

There was one person tapping people up, and it weren't Wolves
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 10:01 - Apr 20 with 1433 viewswombat

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 09:55 - Apr 20 by robith

The idea that Wolves, who have practically made Portuguese their state language, suddenly decided a guy who'd managed like 12 games was the guy to keep them up is absolutely farcical.

There was one person tapping people up, and it weren't Wolves

dont forget the rumoured chat with stoke before wolves came knocking ,

if wolves hadnt gone back on there orginal pay offer he woud have gone there for sure , blokes a snake

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 10:30 - Apr 20 with 1369 viewsLoyalitat

Getting rid of Warburton. We finished on 66 points, which only four sides have bettered to date this season, with only three games left for most teams. Had the injuries to key players not been season ending, we would have improved on that final total of points.

I would not be surprised if all the promoted teams from last season keep their Premier League status. Bournemouth and Fulham have largely kept the nucleus of their promoted squads, that's how strong both sides were last season.

He may have pushed the boat out last season, but he earned that right, in my opinion, by either buying in at a low transfer fee or further developing players like Eze, Bright Osayi Samuel, Chair, Willock, Field, Lumley - has played nearly 150 games at this level, Dieng, Kakay, Dunne, Dickie. He even gave Hamalainen a chance.

All achieved whilst playing in a progressive manner, most of the time, which is why we got nearly 20 million for Eze. The fact that BOS walked away for a nominal fee is not the fault of Warburton.

Had he have stayed, I'm certain that he would have understood that in order to comply with FFP, some of his players may have to be sold. He understood the club and would have adjusted accordingly. If the club/Director of Football were fulfilling their roles properly, then this should have been told to Beale from the outset.

Were he still in charge, there's no way that we would be languishing just outside the relegation zone by virtue of Reading's points' deduction..
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:54]
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 13:38 - Apr 20 with 1215 viewsNorthantsHoop

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 10:30 - Apr 20 by Loyalitat

Getting rid of Warburton. We finished on 66 points, which only four sides have bettered to date this season, with only three games left for most teams. Had the injuries to key players not been season ending, we would have improved on that final total of points.

I would not be surprised if all the promoted teams from last season keep their Premier League status. Bournemouth and Fulham have largely kept the nucleus of their promoted squads, that's how strong both sides were last season.

He may have pushed the boat out last season, but he earned that right, in my opinion, by either buying in at a low transfer fee or further developing players like Eze, Bright Osayi Samuel, Chair, Willock, Field, Lumley - has played nearly 150 games at this level, Dieng, Kakay, Dunne, Dickie. He even gave Hamalainen a chance.

All achieved whilst playing in a progressive manner, most of the time, which is why we got nearly 20 million for Eze. The fact that BOS walked away for a nominal fee is not the fault of Warburton.

Had he have stayed, I'm certain that he would have understood that in order to comply with FFP, some of his players may have to be sold. He understood the club and would have adjusted accordingly. If the club/Director of Football were fulfilling their roles properly, then this should have been told to Beale from the outset.

Were he still in charge, there's no way that we would be languishing just outside the relegation zone by virtue of Reading's points' deduction..
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:54]

Warburton was the best manager in years at our club, but as with a lot of mistakes made by our owners and DoF etc, it was decided am summising that he got too big for his boots and he was ushered out of the door.
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 14:02 - Apr 20 with 1128 viewsR_from_afar

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 09:23 - Apr 20 by stinkydad

This. I think it's more likely a combination of things like;

1. The Beale debacle
2. Some horrible luck with injuries combined with poor squad depth
3. Too many loan players
4. Not having more than one recognised striker for most of the season
5. Having 3 different managers trying to get the players playing their way

Good points. I think I would tweak point 3 to make it this:
- 3. The restrictions of FFP and an in-house player development system which is not yet fit for purpose mean we are reliant on too many loan players

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 14:09 - Apr 20 with 1108 viewsstinkydad

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 14:02 - Apr 20 by R_from_afar

Good points. I think I would tweak point 3 to make it this:
- 3. The restrictions of FFP and an in-house player development system which is not yet fit for purpose mean we are reliant on too many loan players

Yea, no argument here but I think my main point about having too many loan players is that they are players that have no vested interest in the club. If the club gets relegated, they don't - they just go back to their parent club (in most cases). I think we are seeing that come out in some of the attitudes being demonstrated lately. And maybe GA is seeing it too, hence the team without any loans in on Saturday.
The real catalyst for this disaster. on 14:57 - Apr 20 with 1021 viewsBoston

There's your answer.

Haven't a clue what happened to Caterham, I upvoted just to get on the bandwagon.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 15:03 - Apr 20 with 1011 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The real catalyst for this disaster. on 14:57 - Apr 20 by Boston

Haven't a clue what happened to Caterham, I upvoted just to get on the bandwagon.

I live close to Caterham and it was still there when I last drove through it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024