Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle's new book 14:01 - Sep 12 with 2599 viewsDylanP

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/11/clarke-carlisle-rio-anton-ferdin

He doesn't mention QPR, which of course disapppointed me after we stood by him. But then again, I suppose we were just a blip to him during a very dark and depressed time of his life.

He does talk about Anton some of the fall-out from the Terry scandal.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 14:25 - Sep 12 with 2560 viewsjo_qpr63

He mentions us loads in his documentary on depression in football.
I got the feeling we was more then a blip.
I read an article or maybe it was an extract from his book,that he was really disappointed with some players reaction to the Kick it out campaign. The Ferdinand boys get a mention. I thought Carlisle had a point about the black players union.If there was a white players union there would be outrage
Clarke Carlisle's new book on 14:27 - Sep 12 with 2557 viewsTrom

"He doesn't mention QPR, which of course disapppointed me "

In the interview or in his book?
Clarke Carlisle's new book on 16:46 - Sep 12 with 2480 viewsDylanP

Just in the Guardian article that I linked to.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 17:31 - Sep 12 with 2430 viewsDejR_vu

Ridiculous thing for someone in his position to say. It's all very well saying that it was how he felt at the time, but he's had time to temper it between then and the book being written. CC strikes me as one of those people who try to give the impression that they're really bright, but will always do or say something stupid because in reality they're not that bright at all; not unlike one of our current players in that respect.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 17:51 - Sep 12 with 2400 viewsWeaverQPR

He irritates me.

@WeavQPR

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 17:56 - Sep 12 with 2386 viewshoopstilidie

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 17:51 - Sep 12 by WeaverQPR

He irritates me.

Not as much as he irritates Jason Roberts.

Quote:

"If you are an ex-footballer and you have to tell half truths, embellish and misrepresent issues of HUGE importance just to sell books #fail"

"would mention the name of said player.. and title of book..but I would not encourage you to buy it.... #fail"

"You.."may not know him..but" if you did..you would not be surprised that he would misrepresent such an important issue..just to sell books"

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 18:08 - Sep 12 with 2373 viewsscot1963

I watched the documentary he did on depression and footballers and it went from looking at any problem in football generally to being focused on him and his experiences - I gave up watching before the end but he did mention in that programme how intimidating the crowd was at Loftus Road with the implication that it adversely affected him
Clarke Carlisle's new book on 18:40 - Sep 12 with 2332 viewsjo_qpr63

I thought the documentary was good. Very bold of him to talk about his problems and came across quite an honest emotional guy.
So what if he's carving out a career in highlighting taboo subjects in football.
Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 18:48 - Sep 12 with 2321 viewsqprmeath

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 17:31 - Sep 12 by DejR_vu

Ridiculous thing for someone in his position to say. It's all very well saying that it was how he felt at the time, but he's had time to temper it between then and the book being written. CC strikes me as one of those people who try to give the impression that they're really bright, but will always do or say something stupid because in reality they're not that bright at all; not unlike one of our current players in that respect.

Did he not once win The Brightest Footballer in the World or something?
Clarke Carlisle's new book on 18:55 - Sep 12 with 2311 viewsDejR_vu

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 18:48 - Sep 12 by qprmeath

Did he not once win The Brightest Footballer in the World or something?

Hmm, man with one eye in the kingdom of the blind springs to mind.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 19:03 - Sep 12 with 2291 viewspaulparker

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 17:51 - Sep 12 by WeaverQPR

He irritates me.

+1
that stupid monotone Gary Barlow voice he has makes me want to chop my ears off with a rusty spoon
Feck him if he dont mention us in his sh*t book who cares

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 23:19 - Sep 12 with 2145 viewsdaveB

He has several chapters all about qpr in the book, i do wonder about some of the comments here at times witch hunting a rumour

Carlisle was excellent for us and hope he does well in his career he has a bran which helps and shoud do well at the pfa
Clarke Carlisle's new book on 00:25 - Sep 13 with 2117 viewsharvey

The wife and I thought that the whole program was really all about him bit if a me me me story
Clarke Carlisle's new book on 01:02 - Sep 13 with 2106 viewsjo_qpr63

Clarke Carlisle's new book on 00:25 - Sep 13 by harvey

The wife and I thought that the whole program was really all about him bit if a me me me story

Sorry Harvey but i thought that was a unique program that analysed football and players in a different way. There was a fine line between talking about the issues involved and his own same issues and maybe he tipped more towards his own,but he is still bringing it to people's attention.
I also think he's giving a platform for the black players that refused to wear the kick it out T shirts another opportunity to say what they feel and what should be done about racism in football. Wether its intentional or not only he knows.,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024