Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021835 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:38 - Jan 19 with 6254 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:25 - Jan 19 by AndyBarls

Did you not say that Colin Bell would be pleased his word is part of the Gospel? Missing the context ?

Of course they are not listening, the same that many of your fans would not want to listen in a similar predicament. It is human nature to hope! Now they will be feeling a little sensitive because that in which they believe(d) doesn't look so certain any more.

That is why many of the sensible fans only post occasionally on that message board as frankly it is a waste of time and effort.

I'm sorry but I don't believe most would not want to listen were it to happen here. I mean Carrington for Christ sake? A facility like that would stretch most Premier League/Championship clubs to maintain - never mind a lge 2 club (when you took it on).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:56 - Jan 19 with 6242 viewsAndyBarls

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:38 - Jan 19 by dingdangblue

I'm sorry but I don't believe most would not want to listen were it to happen here. I mean Carrington for Christ sake? A facility like that would stretch most Premier League/Championship clubs to maintain - never mind a lge 2 club (when you took it on).

You honestly think that most people out of your 2000 or so fanbase would be interested? It is the same all clubs over - the significant majority care, and some would say rightly, for the on the pitch activity.

Not an excuse for them, however to think that your fans en masse are any different is like our fans putting their heads in the sand. Should it ever happen, it will be left to the few....
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:17 - Jan 19 with 6204 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:56 - Jan 19 by AndyBarls

You honestly think that most people out of your 2000 or so fanbase would be interested? It is the same all clubs over - the significant majority care, and some would say rightly, for the on the pitch activity.

Not an excuse for them, however to think that your fans en masse are any different is like our fans putting their heads in the sand. Should it ever happen, it will be left to the few....

I believe we would challenge Day were he here. Borrowing millions to fund the running of your club in the hope of getting to the Championship? At the cost of losing Gigg Lane? Even if you get there it looks like the extra money received would need to pay off the debt ? Then what? The wage bill for Championship clubs has been revealed to be 8-10 million ( and that's the lower end ones). Why does no one challenge Day in public - he's always on local/national radio?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jan 19 with 6181 viewsAndyBarls

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:17 - Jan 19 by dingdangblue

I believe we would challenge Day were he here. Borrowing millions to fund the running of your club in the hope of getting to the Championship? At the cost of losing Gigg Lane? Even if you get there it looks like the extra money received would need to pay off the debt ? Then what? The wage bill for Championship clubs has been revealed to be 8-10 million ( and that's the lower end ones). Why does no one challenge Day in public - he's always on local/national radio?

Right here goes, first all the points you make are what sensible fans have questioned since day one. Unless there is some money behind those in charge the plans are fantasy land - we all know that. So the first question is to resolve the matter of is there a backer, because if, on the off change there is, then the problems are different from the ones you pose.

So guess what - a significant number of fans have asked those questions and done the research - no evidence has come forward.

To go into the detail which you assume wrongly has not happened is too long a task here.

With respect to challenging Day - he keeps himself remote - Glenn Thomas being the gate keeper. Remember the Bury Times article? That did question Day and others. The turning point was the capitulation of Forever Bury over a year ago when then decided to not vote as had been intended by proxy support. This in effect handed the full control to the board without any real mechanism for challenging.

All good from your ivory tower, thankfully you have not had to deal with sort of behaviour, if ever you do your very simplistic views will be put to the test.

Thank you for caring for another club, you seem as genuinely frustrated with the Bury fans as a group of us do.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jan 19 with 6181 viewsTVOS1907

We once had a Day-like character on the board. Some fans managed to show him up as a conman at their own expense.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jan 19 with 6180 viewsTTNYear

As an occasional contributer over the way, I partly agree with Andy here, there are quite a few that have questioned and eyed the 'revolution' with suspicion. The lack of forums, expensive 'signings', Carrington, no concerts, partnerships, ccj's, winding up orders, the list goes on and on. I think the problem is that Forever Bury's position has been weakened so much that they are largely redundant. It's now too late and the fans are on a roller coaster where there's no safety measures. I genuinely don't know what Stuart Day's end game is, looking at how he is operating I can only think he is naive to an extreme. I think he was expecting crowds to exponentially grow with success coupled with improved off field activities. Crowds are a fickle beast and off field, concerts are cancelled, car parking spaces are 'sold out' and 'partners' are really just sponsors. And while all this continues the millions of pounds loaned (by Stuart Days sub company) gets whittled away, by players who have to be on decent wages. It's not a good mix.

We might still be still saying all this in two seasons time. But the current raft of ccj's and winding up orders, indicates cash flow problems. You don't upset the tax man. That's the last person you don't pay. Would it be the same here Andy? I hope we never find out. I know that our Trust would be asking more pertinent questions than yours has, but that's not point scoring on our part. It's hindsight. I would also say that their would be a clamour for a forum, but it would have been months ago, may be years ago.

I fear for your club. You're a Stockport waiting to happen. You just need to play us in the play offs then you really will be doomed.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:36 - Jan 19 with 6166 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jan 19 by AndyBarls

Right here goes, first all the points you make are what sensible fans have questioned since day one. Unless there is some money behind those in charge the plans are fantasy land - we all know that. So the first question is to resolve the matter of is there a backer, because if, on the off change there is, then the problems are different from the ones you pose.

So guess what - a significant number of fans have asked those questions and done the research - no evidence has come forward.

To go into the detail which you assume wrongly has not happened is too long a task here.

With respect to challenging Day - he keeps himself remote - Glenn Thomas being the gate keeper. Remember the Bury Times article? That did question Day and others. The turning point was the capitulation of Forever Bury over a year ago when then decided to not vote as had been intended by proxy support. This in effect handed the full control to the board without any real mechanism for challenging.

All good from your ivory tower, thankfully you have not had to deal with sort of behaviour, if ever you do your very simplistic views will be put to the test.

Thank you for caring for another club, you seem as genuinely frustrated with the Bury fans as a group of us do.

In a nutshell Andy the problem lies with the expectation and gullible belief.

Day has NO money! It's all loan after loan after loan.

Why can't the vast majority of bury supporters not see that and why is Day lauded like some progical son!!

Give me league 2 - even conference football and my own identity rather than this illusion day has created built on sand.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:38 - Jan 19 with 6157 viewsAndyBarls

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jan 19 by TTNYear

As an occasional contributer over the way, I partly agree with Andy here, there are quite a few that have questioned and eyed the 'revolution' with suspicion. The lack of forums, expensive 'signings', Carrington, no concerts, partnerships, ccj's, winding up orders, the list goes on and on. I think the problem is that Forever Bury's position has been weakened so much that they are largely redundant. It's now too late and the fans are on a roller coaster where there's no safety measures. I genuinely don't know what Stuart Day's end game is, looking at how he is operating I can only think he is naive to an extreme. I think he was expecting crowds to exponentially grow with success coupled with improved off field activities. Crowds are a fickle beast and off field, concerts are cancelled, car parking spaces are 'sold out' and 'partners' are really just sponsors. And while all this continues the millions of pounds loaned (by Stuart Days sub company) gets whittled away, by players who have to be on decent wages. It's not a good mix.

We might still be still saying all this in two seasons time. But the current raft of ccj's and winding up orders, indicates cash flow problems. You don't upset the tax man. That's the last person you don't pay. Would it be the same here Andy? I hope we never find out. I know that our Trust would be asking more pertinent questions than yours has, but that's not point scoring on our part. It's hindsight. I would also say that their would be a clamour for a forum, but it would have been months ago, may be years ago.

I fear for your club. You're a Stockport waiting to happen. You just need to play us in the play offs then you really will be doomed.

See my previous post re Forever Bury (Trust).

With respect to cash flow - I modelled the cash flow from the limited information (accounts etc) just under a year ago. All things being equal the club ran at Christmas. Now there have been some unforeseen such as small cup run, Matty Foulds etc which has meant a delay of a couple of months but the underlying numbers showed us to be out of cash November 2015 . Now unless credit can be further extended it would appear the numbers are being supported by the CCJs, Tax payments etc
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:59 - Jan 19 with 6114 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jan 19 by AndyBarls

Very sad for proper concerned supporters like you obviously are. Gigg Lane must be a real worry - when you lose that there's not much left.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:11 - Jan 19 with 6089 viewsBigKindo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:38 - Jan 19 by AndyBarls

See my previous post re Forever Bury (Trust).

With respect to cash flow - I modelled the cash flow from the limited information (accounts etc) just under a year ago. All things being equal the club ran at Christmas. Now there have been some unforeseen such as small cup run, Matty Foulds etc which has meant a delay of a couple of months but the underlying numbers showed us to be out of cash November 2015 . Now unless credit can be further extended it would appear the numbers are being supported by the CCJs, Tax payments etc

....... and on 26 October 2015, delivered 10 November 2015 two new charges were created to the favour of Charles Street Commercial Investments Ltd. one statng the freehold of Gigg Lane as collateral. The five previous out-standing charges , including those which allegedly are at 138% interest, have not been satisfied. I therefore assume that the new charges were raised to meet a cash flow shortage. The reported fee for Foulds might cover 6 weeks of HMRC demands but there will also be a large chunk of VAT due on the transfer fee. Woe betide if they fail to pay over the VAT to HMRC and use it for 'temporary' cash flow needs. Your summation re 'out of cash by November' appears to be well founded.

Do you consider that, perhaps, the only way forward out of this quicksand is that Day and Thomas will put the club up for sale or hope, and I think it would be impossible, to attract 'additional parties to bring in fresh funds'?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:16 - Jan 19 with 6074 viewsSuddenLad

From a insider at Giggle Lane. Posted late last night:

"The club are seriously struggling for money. Crisis talk today with the first team to let them know they must win tomorrow as we need the money desperately"

They should pin this on the dressing room wall at Bradford. As if the Bury players weren't already under pressure.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:46 - Jan 19 with 6020 viewsjoecooke

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:11 - Jan 19 by BigKindo

....... and on 26 October 2015, delivered 10 November 2015 two new charges were created to the favour of Charles Street Commercial Investments Ltd. one statng the freehold of Gigg Lane as collateral. The five previous out-standing charges , including those which allegedly are at 138% interest, have not been satisfied. I therefore assume that the new charges were raised to meet a cash flow shortage. The reported fee for Foulds might cover 6 weeks of HMRC demands but there will also be a large chunk of VAT due on the transfer fee. Woe betide if they fail to pay over the VAT to HMRC and use it for 'temporary' cash flow needs. Your summation re 'out of cash by November' appears to be well founded.

Do you consider that, perhaps, the only way forward out of this quicksand is that Day and Thomas will put the club up for sale or hope, and I think it would be impossible, to attract 'additional parties to bring in fresh funds'?

Freehold of Gigg lane put up as collateral to Charsles Street commercial investements(akaHenry Moser) is very serious.This guy didnt get wealthy by sentimentality,his interest rates i imagine will be sky high but i suppose if your credit facilities are at rock bottom then these are the type of people who will take you on at a price.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:50 - Jan 19 with 6004 viewsaleanddale

Henry Moser is a VERY shady character!!

Day has NO money

#loantopayloantopayloan
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:34 - Jan 19 with 5911 viewsdingdangblue

Featuring heavily tonight with the other crisis club.
I wonder if issues will be discussed or as per usual all happy clappy about bury?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03f5bbc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 5847 viewsrobbowood

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jan 19 by TTNYear

Andy Barls is certainly a true Bury supporter

His key point to my mind is "The turning point was the capitulation of Forever Bury over a year ago when then decided to not vote as had been intended by proxy support."

Once that happened FB became irrelevant as this meant the BFC Board could do what they like with virtually no accountability to other shareholders from then on (i.e. no AGM's where questions can be asked about the accounts and other matters)

If memory serves me correct we sold Adam Le Fondre to Rotherham in 2009 in order to pay the taxman. HMRC are now stricter than ever to get football clubs to pay their taxes on time - so if BFC cannot pay HMRC "on time" from now on they really do have problems
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:22 - Jan 19 with 5656 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:01 - Jan 19 by robbowood

Andy Barls is certainly a true Bury supporter

His key point to my mind is "The turning point was the capitulation of Forever Bury over a year ago when then decided to not vote as had been intended by proxy support."

Once that happened FB became irrelevant as this meant the BFC Board could do what they like with virtually no accountability to other shareholders from then on (i.e. no AGM's where questions can be asked about the accounts and other matters)

If memory serves me correct we sold Adam Le Fondre to Rotherham in 2009 in order to pay the taxman. HMRC are now stricter than ever to get football clubs to pay their taxes on time - so if BFC cannot pay HMRC "on time" from now on they really do have problems

robbowood, when you say "we" meaning Dale, does that mean you support Dale, or what I took from a previous post of yours, that you support Bury? Or both?

No problem with any of the above options, btw, just curious

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:40 - Jan 19 with 5624 viewsaleanddale

I really think the gigglers are on a knife edge..

lose tonight and this could easily be the start of the unravelling.

lose tonight I really think the beardy board will go into meltdown.

At what point somebody grips the Milky bar kid by the throat I am not so sure. I am amazed that nobody has already!!!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:25 - Jan 19 with 5521 viewsdingdangblue

How much! Must be really desperate for funds. Pay now - play in a few months! Will there be a stadium left? Roll up Roll up for the bury circus.

http://mobile.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/hire-gigg-lane-2910169.aspx

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:35 - Jan 19 with 5499 viewsrobbowood

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:22 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

robbowood, when you say "we" meaning Dale, does that mean you support Dale, or what I took from a previous post of yours, that you support Bury? Or both?

No problem with any of the above options, btw, just curious

Happy to reply - when I say "We" I am refering to Dale

I don't support any other team (apart from an amateur team in the West Lancs League) though I have seen many games at BFC and BWFC over the years and get no satisfaction from seeing either club flirting with financial disaster as they are now

For my sins I am a Dale supporter (and season ticket holder and shareholder) and have missed few matches at Spotland since 1986/87 - when we performed the great escape after beating Halifax 5-3 and Stockport 2-1 in two night matches played in the space of three days at the end of the season. I can still recall Lyndon Simmonds goal against Stockport bulging the net at the Sandy Lane end - pity we didn't have video recording back then!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:51 - Jan 19 with 5447 views100notout

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:25 - Jan 19 by dingdangblue

How much! Must be really desperate for funds. Pay now - play in a few months! Will there be a stadium left? Roll up Roll up for the bury circus.

http://mobile.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/hire-gigg-lane-2910169.aspx

We need to introduce them to Hornets!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:07 - Jan 19 with 5408 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:51 - Jan 19 by 100notout

We need to introduce them to Hornets!

Maybe we could pay for Hornets to play there?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:03 - Jan 19 with 5224 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:31 - Jan 17 by 1mark1

Hardly an attractive fixture, to entice extra people, so I will go for 6500. Fifteen quid reasonable price to get in.

Bingo!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:06 - Jan 19 with 5218 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:03 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Bingo!

Hardly the 'bumper pay day' needed for Gigglers to clear their CCJ's and WUP

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:48 - Jan 20 with 5108 views442Dale

Day on Talksport last night:

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1453240800#

23.30-00.00

From around 10 mins15sec they talk about recent events.

"We continue to pay our bills"

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:15 - Jan 20 with 5072 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:48 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Day on Talksport last night:

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1453240800#

23.30-00.00

From around 10 mins15sec they talk about recent events.

"We continue to pay our bills"

Blames the late payment to HMRC on the Barnsley postponement? Weren't Barnsley fans advance ticket? So they would have had the money already - and most bury fans are season ticket holders. They also had 70k Bt sport money for being on tv at Spotland. Hmmmm.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024