Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained/released list 16:25 - May 3 with 14515 viewsDaleiLama

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-dale-ret

As it's not long, here's the full version

Following the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, Manager Keith Hill has today confirmed his retained/ released list.

Out of contract players Conrad Logan, Matty Lund, Donal McDermott, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Reuben Noble-Lazarus and Joe Rafferty have all been offered new deals.

Matty Gillam has been offered his first professional contract.

Johny Diba and David Owusu, who are out of contract, will be leaving the club, while Jack Redshaw, Joel Taylor and Ben Wilson have returned to their parent clubs. We would like place on record our thanks to these players and wish them the very best of luck for the future.

All other players remain under contract.

.....................................................................................................................................
Donal maybe the biggest surprise - Keith obviously thinks there is more to come.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 16:28]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained/released list on 16:29 - May 3 with 7333 viewsleedsdale

Surprised by McDermott and RNL - although they might have been offered reduced terms.

Diba doesn't seem to have progressed and the writing was on the wall when loanees were brought in at a time when he might have been given a go. Owusu hasn't had much of an opportunity other than in the youth team but also isn't much of a surprise.
Retained/released list on 16:29 - May 3 with 7332 viewsjudd

What about DJ's?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Retained/released list on 16:39 - May 3 with 7246 viewsdingdangblue

Retained/released list on 16:29 - May 3 by leedsdale

Surprised by McDermott and RNL - although they might have been offered reduced terms.

Diba doesn't seem to have progressed and the writing was on the wall when loanees were brought in at a time when he might have been given a go. Owusu hasn't had much of an opportunity other than in the youth team but also isn't much of a surprise.

When RNL re-signed Hill basically said he was playing for next to nowt (in football terms) - guess he'll be offered the same. He's obviously Hill's friend and a lovely fella - but his injury record is woeful - anyone else and he'd be down the road - even if he's not costing much.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 17:42]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Retained/released list on 16:43 - May 3 with 7206 viewsD_Alien

I definitely thought we'd seen the last of Donal when he came on for Hendo and was himself replaced last Sunday

Is he any good with a tannoy? Begorrah?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retained/released list on 16:45 - May 3 with 7174 viewspioneer

So if I am reading this correctly only two released players Diba and Owusu. Quite some time since we have had such a modest released list I think.

That doesn't free up much of the salary budget for new signings. OK, if any of the out of contract have been offered reduced terms there might be some potential savings but I doubt that its much.

It looks like we are either planning on boosting the playing budget or (and) relying on some of the out of contract players to turn down our offers if we are to sign any new players.

Our shopping list for the summer could be pretty short.
Retained/released list on 16:47 - May 3 with 7152 viewsstigmundo77

So much for going for a smaller squad with better quality players

Lund - prob going ?
Mendez - prob going ?
Rafferty - hope to god here-signs
Conrad - needs to lose weight but worth keeping
Donal - done nothing apart from a wonder goal?
Ruben - done nothing but looked to have lost weight on sat,

Disappointing all round if we lose the top 2.
Retained/released list on 16:48 - May 3 with 7136 viewsisitme

Just because a contract has been offered, does not mean it will be signed. I fully expect Lund and NML to leave and probably Rafferty.

I am surprised that RNL, McDermott and Logan have been offered new contracts. Pleased to see Gillam being offered a professional deal. I hope that both him and Morley can make an impact next season.
Retained/released list on 16:48 - May 3 with 7133 viewsSandyDrum

Feel a bit sorry for Owusu, moved away from his home in London to give it a go.

Obviously wasn't good enough to make the first team and consequently released.

Hopefully he can work his way up from Non League if he's got the talent.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Login to get fewer ads

Retained/released list on 16:53 - May 3 with 7065 viewsShun

Quite surprised about Owusu as well. Hill seemed so so excited when he first signed, lauding his exciting talent.

RNL I genuinely think could still do a job, despite all his missed opportunities. McDermott though, that really is a surprise. He's been terrible this season.
Retained/released list on 17:03 - May 3 with 6977 viewsAtThePeake

Retained/released list on 16:48 - May 3 by isitme

Just because a contract has been offered, does not mean it will be signed. I fully expect Lund and NML to leave and probably Rafferty.

I am surprised that RNL, McDermott and Logan have been offered new contracts. Pleased to see Gillam being offered a professional deal. I hope that both him and Morley can make an impact next season.

Agreed. I think Lund and NML we have very little chance of keeping, particularly NML after his post-match antics on Sunday.

I think we may see a few of the under-contract players leave too. Camps and Allen will gain interest and perhaps Hill may look to move Vincenti or Canavan on if there's interest there?

Tangled up in blue.

Retained/released list on 17:40 - May 3 with 6803 viewsColDale

I'd imagine McDermott and RNL will be offered deals that reflect their place in the squad. Whether that will be enough for them is a different matter.
Retained/released list on 17:40 - May 3 with 6797 viewsoddjob007

Retained/released list on 17:03 - May 3 by AtThePeake

Agreed. I think Lund and NML we have very little chance of keeping, particularly NML after his post-match antics on Sunday.

I think we may see a few of the under-contract players leave too. Camps and Allen will gain interest and perhaps Hill may look to move Vincenti or Canavan on if there's interest there?

I think it was a season to forget for Vincenti. Don't think he had a full preseason and was out after that op to rectify a long term injury. Suspect after a full preseason he'll be an asset to the team again next year.

Think it's a very "safe" list - Hilly released Rose and RNL last year, before asking them both back (Morecambe offered Rose double our offer!) and I don't think he'll want to be short again.

Imagine he will want to avoid, our now customary, slow starts to the season and perhaps continuity is the way to achieve this.
Retained/released list on 18:25 - May 3 with 6574 viewsD_Dale

" ... Jack Redshaw, Joel Taylor and Ben Wilson have returned to their parent clubs. We would like place on record our thanks to these players and wish them the very best of luck for the future." What was Joel Taylor asked to do that merits the club's thanks?

I can't recall such a thin released list. Time was when managers would purge half or more of what had been the recent season's main squad players.
Retained/released list on 18:40 - May 3 with 6474 viewsChaffRAFC

Very surprised to see McDermott and Logan get offered new deals. Logan is a good keeper and I'd like him to stay but I'd rather save a wage on a goalkeeper who's on a big wage and might not play that much. Suspect that both he and McDermott have been offered vastly reduced terms while I would hope we've done all we can to keep NML, Lund and Rafferty.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Retained/released list on 18:42 - May 3 with 6449 viewsTVOS1907

Retained/released list on 18:25 - May 3 by D_Dale

" ... Jack Redshaw, Joel Taylor and Ben Wilson have returned to their parent clubs. We would like place on record our thanks to these players and wish them the very best of luck for the future." What was Joel Taylor asked to do that merits the club's thanks?

I can't recall such a thin released list. Time was when managers would purge half or more of what had been the recent season's main squad players.

All released players get the club's thanks every year. It's just a standard statement.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained/released list on 18:45 - May 3 with 6427 viewsToffeemanc

Can't believe RNL hasn't been released. You can guarantee that he will be the first to sign up even if it is on reduced terms, because it will still be more money than playing in non league which is surely what he is destined for.
Lund and NML can be replaced, for me the one to be kept at all costs is Rafferty.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Retained/released list on 18:46 - May 3 with 6418 views442Dale

If Logan can improve his fitness we'll have two good goalkeepers for this level. The biggest problem this time around was that Lillis was injured when Logan totally lost form and needed a rest. Wilson did ok but was clearly not of a sufficient standard and was left in the team for 3 games too long (add it to the list entitled "where we could have improved this season to enable a top 6 finish), something illustrated by the fact we only lost twice in the eleven games after he returned to the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Retained/released list on 18:53 - May 3 with 6380 viewsDaleiLama

Retained/released list on 18:45 - May 3 by Toffeemanc

Can't believe RNL hasn't been released. You can guarantee that he will be the first to sign up even if it is on reduced terms, because it will still be more money than playing in non league which is surely what he is destined for.
Lund and NML can be replaced, for me the one to be kept at all costs is Rafferty.

Raff is without doubt the more consistent player and arguably the more important in view of our defensive frailty, but NML, on his day, is utterly unplayable and spell-binding. There aren't too many of those types of players at our level and I would suggest that whilst we can replace him on a new for old basis, we won't on a like for like. I just hope he's been so happy here he won't leave. But I know he will.

If I could only keep one, even though I think Raff is the dogs and agree he was our player of the season, I would still keep NML and try to find another serviceable RB.

PS Apologies in advance to Eva.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 18:55]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained/released list on 19:41 - May 3 with 6191 viewsKnowlesy

Disappointed to see the back of Owusu as others have said after Hilly was so excited by him only 6 months ago.

Surprised that Logan, RNL and McDermott have been offered deals. Logan has looked a shadow of his former self and with Lillis hopefully returning next season I'd been hoping to see him return to no. 1 but Logan's (assumed) wages he probably won't be signing to be number 2 unless he takes a significant pay cut. RNL has never offered anything except for the odd goal and McDermott, as much as I like him, has hardly featured this season and has blown hot & cold when he has been seen.
Retained/released list on 19:52 - May 3 with 6121 viewsboromat

So we're basically trying to keep the squad together and go again. Only one youth team player given a pro contract as well although Morley got one during the year.

Not surprised by Diba. A little surprised by Owusu as has already been stated, I'm guessing we had a years option on him as well.

Glad RNL has been offered a deal I think when he's been given an opportunity this year he's done very well we've definitely seen his best performances so far for the Dale just a shame there hasn't been a lot of them, good news is I'm sure he's on a small wage.

Now it's a waiting game to see who signs those contracts, I should imagine alot of them have had the contracts offered to them for some time now.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained/released list on 20:11 - May 3 with 6022 viewsnordenblue

Retained/released list on 18:53 - May 3 by DaleiLama

Raff is without doubt the more consistent player and arguably the more important in view of our defensive frailty, but NML, on his day, is utterly unplayable and spell-binding. There aren't too many of those types of players at our level and I would suggest that whilst we can replace him on a new for old basis, we won't on a like for like. I just hope he's been so happy here he won't leave. But I know he will.

If I could only keep one, even though I think Raff is the dogs and agree he was our player of the season, I would still keep NML and try to find another serviceable RB.

PS Apologies in advance to Eva.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 18:55]

I wouldn't mind Stephen Darby at RB if rumours are believed he's getting released by bratfurt,should raff leave..
Retained/released list on 20:16 - May 3 with 5992 viewsNewbury_Dale

Hopefully Logan's contract is on the condition that he gets into the sort of condition befitting of a professional sportsman
Retained/released list on 20:42 - May 3 with 5888 viewsisitme

Retained/released list on 20:11 - May 3 by nordenblue

I wouldn't mind Stephen Darby at RB if rumours are believed he's getting released by bratfurt,should raff leave..

Decent call. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't end up swapping right backs.
Retained/released list on 21:06 - May 3 with 5790 views49thseason

I don't think there are any big surprises here. Gillam is a swap for Owusu, and Diba clearly hasn't lived up to early promise.
Of the new contract offers, it makes sense to keep as many know quantities as possible given the situation at the start of the season when RNL was brought back and Holness was given an opportunity.
There are a few players in the squad who will benefit from a full pre-season, RNL, Davies and Vincenti amongst them and Logan if he resigns (I am guessing Lillis will be fit for next season too?).
The anticipated departure of Lund, NML and / or Rafferty may create opportunities for some "shape shifting" and there may well be trialists looking for work prior to the new season, but to go into 17/18 with such a well-established squad must make it easier to bring a few new people in. I think we still need a defender, maybe two, and a pacey forward would be ideal.
Retained/released list on 21:13 - May 3 with 5743 viewsboromat

The other thing I've only just thought of is could we see some contracted players leave by mutual consent?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024