Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 14:04 - Sep 9 with 12974 viewsDale23years

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/906503699341725701
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 14:13]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread on 16:46 - Sep 9 with 3031 viewsBazzanne

Match thread on 16:43 - Sep 9 by Peaky

Not worth staying up any later to watch that. Unless something changes quickly we are not getting out of the bottom 4 this season.

Boring rubbish. I'm with you pesky.
Match thread on 16:48 - Sep 9 with 3009 viewsDale23years

Match thread on 16:46 - Sep 9 by Bazzanne

Boring rubbish. I'm with you pesky.

Watch out dalefan might call you a Mong

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread on 16:48 - Sep 9 with 3004 viewsscarrow

Issues for me are

Lack of confidence in front of goal

Not playing players in correct positions.

Today we were ruthlessly exposed by a team whose budget dwarfs Dale and punished for the mistakes where as we couldn't score from our chances

Poll: Final position

Match thread on 16:56 - Sep 9 with 2903 viewsBazzanne

Match thread on 16:48 - Sep 9 by Dale23years

Watch out dalefan might call you a Mong

I'm not too worried Dale23years. It's my opinion and if others on this board don't like it tough tits. I'm fed up with some on here thinking theirs is the only valid opinion of everything Dale.
Match thread on 16:58 - Sep 9 with 2887 views442Dale

If we lose on Tuesday we will have exactly the same as we did last season.

The worry now is we can't appreciate the current situation with the lack of information on key players.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 16:59 - Sep 9 with 2872 views442Dale

Match thread on 16:56 - Sep 9 by Bazzanne

I'm not too worried Dale23years. It's my opinion and if others on this board don't like it tough tits. I'm fed up with some on here thinking theirs is the only valid opinion of everything Dale.

I certainly don't think that.

Where do you think the issues are?

Match thread on 17:10 - Sep 9 with 2796 viewsBazzanne

Match thread on 16:59 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

I certainly don't think that.

Where do you think the issues are?

Illness and injuries have not helped, but I was underwhelmed with our recruitment this summer. We don't seem to have the ability to open a defence to give ourselves a scoring chance, our style of play as I have said previously seems to be slow and at times stagnant. I'm not sure even when all players are fit that we will be anywhere near the position we finished last season. I really hope I'm wrong.
Match thread on 17:12 - Sep 9 with 2767 views442Dale

Match thread on 17:10 - Sep 9 by Bazzanne

Illness and injuries have not helped, but I was underwhelmed with our recruitment this summer. We don't seem to have the ability to open a defence to give ourselves a scoring chance, our style of play as I have said previously seems to be slow and at times stagnant. I'm not sure even when all players are fit that we will be anywhere near the position we finished last season. I really hope I'm wrong.

Some good points. We've missed Bunney massively and we aren't breaking quickly enough on sides. The lack of cohesion around selection hasn't helped this.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 17:18 - Sep 9 with 2710 viewsShun

Match thread on 16:48 - Sep 9 by scarrow

Issues for me are

Lack of confidence in front of goal

Not playing players in correct positions.

Today we were ruthlessly exposed by a team whose budget dwarfs Dale and punished for the mistakes where as we couldn't score from our chances

Agree with that. Blackburn were nothing special, certainly nowhere near Sheffield United's level from last season, but they ruthlessly took advantage against a side completely ravaged by illness and injury. Had to laugh at the 'going down' chants too, do they not know Hill's record?

The game itself wasn't great. We were the better side in the first half without ever really looking like scoring. The second half we were outplayed everywhere, although we had 3 late chances that we really should've scored. Bunney was exposed all game - I'm guessing he's one of the ones rushed back before being fully fit. Williams12 looks like a great acquisition.

Not at all worried and anybody who is should hang their head in shame. We were bottom this stage last year and look how that season turned out.
Match thread on 17:18 - Sep 9 with 2711 viewsfitzochris

Blackburn lot chucking coins into the Pearl Street I'm told.

Sounds like Spotland was a grim place to be this afternoon and, based on what I've seen so far, will continue to be unless things change.

A dearth of info from the manager doesn't help.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread on 17:21 - Sep 9 with 2673 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread on 17:12 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Some good points. We've missed Bunney massively and we aren't breaking quickly enough on sides. The lack of cohesion around selection hasn't helped this.

Frightening how poor we look in the last 3rd. That was as routine an away win as Blackburn will get all season once they had scored the first. We clearly have players comfortable on the ball but absolutely zero spark up front. Similar start to last year but not sure we can bank on having a run as amazing as the one we went on Oct - Christmas last year.
Match thread on 17:21 - Sep 9 with 2664 viewsShun

Match thread on 17:18 - Sep 9 by fitzochris

Sounds like Spotland was a grim place to be this afternoon and, based on what I've seen so far, will continue to be unless things change.

Not surprised to hear that. The ones I came across were proper horrible cavemen.
Match thread on 17:23 - Sep 9 with 2639 views442Dale

Don't get the defensive selection at all. By all accounts they did really well last week but 3 of the 4 positions saw new players playing there.

If Daniels is here it's as a CH alongside McGahey, so that was the only change that could be justified. Leave McNulty at LB while Bunney regains fitness.

Hill will know this though. Or should.

Match thread on 17:23 - Sep 9 with 2634 viewsD_Alien

We've got to take that one on the chin

We battled manfully, and no complaints about any of the players, including our keeper, who i'll come to in a minute

Blackburn clearly the better side and even with our best XI i'd have been happy with a draw. Clearly, we had little to offer in midfield, at least until Rathbone came on. Daniels, McGahey and McNulty all played well. Bunney was up against it and needs a couple of games to be back to his best. Williams12 showed up better when he was moved a bit further upfield in the later stages. Cannon did the best he could under the circumstances

We did create chances but a simple final ball was lacking, and overall i'm not unduly worried. A result on Tuesday will be a huge boost

Now, Moore. He's been growing in confidence and I hope his obvious howler doesn't affect that too much. At least it didn't cost us any points, and i'd keep him in the nets for Tuesday. At times, he helped keep us in the game, although with Lillis now back he knows he can't afford to do that again

Hope the lads have their heads up in the dressing room, I don't think Hilly will allow them to drop

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 17:25 - Sep 9 with 2609 viewsDaleFan7

If only scoring one goal from open play and hardly ever look like troubling opposition keepers in 6 league games isn't a bit worrying, I don't know what is...
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 17:26]
Match thread on 17:26 - Sep 9 with 2594 viewsDaley_Lama

Rochdale lot chucking bottles initially then the odd coin.

I fully expect bottles of pop to now be sold without lids from now on.

Blackburn are a poor Championship side too good for us who will most likely get promoted and then go back to losing to the likes of Middlesborough. Bolton 2016/2017. Wigan 2015/2016.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread on 17:28 - Sep 9 with 2574 viewsBobbyjoe

Enjoyed the first half; proper game, I thought. With the benefit of second-half hindsight, they were probably poor, by their standards, and improved dramatically. We just can't compete with that! No real blame to attach, it's not as if anyone was having a particularly poor game, just a gulf in class.
Match thread on 17:29 - Sep 9 with 2560 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 17:26 - Sep 9 by Daley_Lama

Rochdale lot chucking bottles initially then the odd coin.

I fully expect bottles of pop to now be sold without lids from now on.

Blackburn are a poor Championship side too good for us who will most likely get promoted and then go back to losing to the likes of Middlesborough. Bolton 2016/2017. Wigan 2015/2016.

And unfortunately, I can see sections to the right of the Pearl St and/or Willbutts being sectioned off for bigger games, which will cost us money

Match thread on 17:37 - Sep 9 with 2487 viewsDalenet

Match thread on 17:28 - Sep 9 by Bobbyjoe

Enjoyed the first half; proper game, I thought. With the benefit of second-half hindsight, they were probably poor, by their standards, and improved dramatically. We just can't compete with that! No real blame to attach, it's not as if anyone was having a particularly poor game, just a gulf in class.

I too enjoyed the first half and we were much better than we were against Bury. But we were significantly devoid of idea and commitment for much of the second half and didn't get into their box until we were 2-0 down. I don't know what the answer is as we looked slower than Blackburn and were pushed off the ball quite a bit. But we did have a couple of chances to slide the ball in but couldn't get a man in. Done doesn't seem like half the player he once was.

We have to hope that Hilly sorts it out. Blackburn were far superior and deserved their win but we haven't looked great at all this season as yet.
Match thread on 17:39 - Sep 9 with 2464 viewsdawlishdale

No.. it was our scruffy chavs who threw bottles at them first, followed by coins, The Blackburn fans retaliated and threw bottles back, followed by coins.

We could well be in trouble over this, and probably rightly so.
Match thread on 17:41 - Sep 9 with 2452 viewsToffeemanc

Match thread on 16:40 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Questions for Hill:

1. What does Daniels offer at right back that Rafferty doesn't?
2. What exactly is the injury/illness situation?

The latter one would at least help fans understand. Failing that we can rely on the rumours some have no issue with passing on from those 'in the know'.

You have to feel sorry for Rafferty.
He is clearly the best right back at the club, most expected him to leave and he surprised us all by signing a new 2 year deal. Only for Hilly to then play Reece Brown in his position who is one of the worst players in the current squad. And then again today loses his place to Daniels who on today's showing doesn't look like a fullback to me. He looked more like a central defender.

The issues at the other end of the pitch are become even more worrying.
For me we currently lack a ball winner in midfield and there is something not right with the forward line. On paper we look to have good options up front but in reality they don't seem to be able to play together and may take a lot longer to gel.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread on 17:52 - Sep 9 with 2360 viewsToffeemanc

Match thread on 16:58 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

If we lose on Tuesday we will have exactly the same as we did last season.

The worry now is we can't appreciate the current situation with the lack of information on key players.

The difference between this season and last is that although we didn't have the points last year either we actually weren't playing that badly and you could see we weren't far away from turning it around. So far this season I don't think we have shown anything to suggest a turnaround in the situation. Our play currently seems laboured and predictable and doesn't seem to play to our strengths. With the players we have we should be attacking at pace with balls in behind but we seem happy to just keep the ball in our back four and allow the opposition to set themselves up with two banks of four that we seem unable to penetrate.
We can of course blames injuries etc. but once players get back to fitness we are going to need a quick turnaround in results to move ourselves away from the bottom four.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread on 18:02 - Sep 9 with 2280 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 17:52 - Sep 9 by Toffeemanc

The difference between this season and last is that although we didn't have the points last year either we actually weren't playing that badly and you could see we weren't far away from turning it around. So far this season I don't think we have shown anything to suggest a turnaround in the situation. Our play currently seems laboured and predictable and doesn't seem to play to our strengths. With the players we have we should be attacking at pace with balls in behind but we seem happy to just keep the ball in our back four and allow the opposition to set themselves up with two banks of four that we seem unable to penetrate.
We can of course blames injuries etc. but once players get back to fitness we are going to need a quick turnaround in results to move ourselves away from the bottom four.

We did penetrate them at times though. Done and Daniels in the first half in particular, found themselves in great positions but were unable to provide that final ball

Second half, Done had a great chance cleared off the line and failed to capitalise on another

Agree with the overall situation you describe though. It becomes a matter of confidence, and Tuesday is a big game for us

It was difficult to make ourselves heard above the Blackburn fans, but on Tuesday we need to do exactly that

[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 18:03]

Match thread on 18:09 - Sep 9 with 2228 viewsJimmyRustler

We set up to not lose that game rather than win it which is so anti-Hill and disappointing.

No need for two CDMs. Williams looks good. Kitching is a squad player at best.

Daniels ahead of Rafferty is inexplicable.

Moore did well but undid all that good work with the last goal.

Davies must have found Logan's donut stash from last season and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven.

Bunney looked very vulnerable but is coming back from injury so can give him a pass on that.

Done is running around like a headless chicken with no direction whatsoever.

Cannon decent but needs a partner in Camps/Rathbone.

The absence of a proper striker is so apparent. We haven't hadn't a proper No 9 since Hogan.

Concerned but not yet worried.
Match thread on 18:15 - Sep 9 with 2182 viewsBartRowou

Match thread on 18:09 - Sep 9 by JimmyRustler

We set up to not lose that game rather than win it which is so anti-Hill and disappointing.

No need for two CDMs. Williams looks good. Kitching is a squad player at best.

Daniels ahead of Rafferty is inexplicable.

Moore did well but undid all that good work with the last goal.

Davies must have found Logan's donut stash from last season and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven.

Bunney looked very vulnerable but is coming back from injury so can give him a pass on that.

Done is running around like a headless chicken with no direction whatsoever.

Cannon decent but needs a partner in Camps/Rathbone.

The absence of a proper striker is so apparent. We haven't hadn't a proper No 9 since Hogan.

Concerned but not yet worried.

Where's Calvin these days? I like Davies but he's not bringing others into play. A good time to get Calvin in his best position.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024