Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best You've Felt In Injury Time 14:29 - Sep 14 with 4652 viewsmikehunt

I note that DDB had a Worst You've Felt In Injury Time poll so how about a best you've felt?
I am fed up and far away from home at the moment and could only follow the Donny match on BBC. Still incredible to see that final score come up.
The only other match I can think of that remotely comes close to this would be away at Chesterfield a few seasons ago. We were battered that game but managed two In Injury Time to draw
Other than that was the late win against MK Dongs. That was good. And would you count the penalty that sent us to Wembley?
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 14:32]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 14:41 - Sep 14 with 3844 viewsD_Alien

If it's best in injury time at COA, the Wembley penalty would be excluded, although doubt anything will surpass that for "last kick of the game"

In normal injury/added time:

1. Last Tuesday v Donny
2. Easter Monday v Port Vale 2015 (Calvin's header)
3. MK Dons, 1 Sept 2007

There must be one or two others, such as the Cambridge 4-3 further back, but none i can recall from the mid-60s - 2000, which says a lot!

[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 14:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 15:23 - Sep 14 with 3763 viewsVivaDonaldo

Felt pretty good at Wycombe away in 2009 when Alfie got a late winner to send us into the auto spots. Celebrations were carnage in the stand.
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 15:34 - Sep 14 with 3731 viewsE_Bearshaw

Rushden & Diamonds 1 Rochdale 1. Dagnall bagged three minutes into injury time. Really thought we were going down that year.
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 15:47 - Sep 14 with 3691 viewsfermin

I was trying to find out who scored that goal away at Rotherham a while ago (Graeme Atkinson) and found this thread on the same subject, which might jog a few memories:

Favourite 90th minute goal by dale18 25 Feb 2013 23:05
What are peoples favourite 90th minute winner/equaliser for dale in recent years? Mine is Alfies winner in the 4-3 victory at shrewsbury 2007

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 15:50 - Sep 14 with 3683 viewsEllDale

Didn't Alfie score one in stoppage time at Valley Parade in 2008?
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 15:58 - Sep 14 with 3658 viewsmeeee

Higginbotham's goal from the half way line in injury time at Accrington away to put us 4-2 up was amazing. Also back in 2012 under Colemen when we were 2-0 down to Walsall and JLAA scored in the 93rd minute to put us 3-2 up was one of the happiest moments I've felt supporting Dale only to go to one of the worst when Walsall equalised one minute later with that looping header
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 16:36 - Sep 14 with 3571 viewsnordenblue

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 15:50 - Sep 14 by EllDale

Didn't Alfie score one in stoppage time at Valley Parade in 2008?

It was very late,remember that game well as I scraped my shin to bits celebrating when I jumped up!!
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 16:46 - Sep 14 with 3553 viewsSandyDrum

Say no more...

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Login to get fewer ads

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 17:35 - Sep 14 with 3453 viewschalkyncfc

Not quite injury time but in 2006 we nearly dropped out of the football league,we needed a draw to stop up and was losing to Bury at home 0-2,five minutes to go we pulled one back then on the 89th minute we scored again via a penalty,Kasper Schmeichel was in goal for Bury
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 17:38 - Sep 14 with 3439 viewsleedsdale

Definitely the Daggers goal at Rushden for me, given the significance of the goal.

Honourable mention too for this piece of sublime football from Paddy at Halifax about 15 years ago. Completely at odds with the previous 89 minutes!

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 18:33 - Sep 14 with 3355 views442Dale

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 15:58 - Sep 14 by meeee

Higginbotham's goal from the half way line in injury time at Accrington away to put us 4-2 up was amazing. Also back in 2012 under Colemen when we were 2-0 down to Walsall and JLAA scored in the 93rd minute to put us 3-2 up was one of the happiest moments I've felt supporting Dale only to go to one of the worst when Walsall equalised one minute later with that looping header

The scorer of that Walsall goal, Andy Butler, was last seen slumped on the Spotland turf in despair after Kitching's late equaliser.

I didn't bother looking for him after the winner.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 18:43 - Sep 14 with 3339 viewsrafc1984

Away at Cardiff late 80s early 90s. We got a corner at the death, ball comes in and Reeves with a bullet header, it flew in.

Well that's how I remember it anyway. A pleasant trip home that was.
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 19:22 - Sep 14 with 3255 viewsShun

All mine have been mentioned so far.

Calvin's header against Vale was so good purely because they're a vile club, and it certainly came across during the match.

Alfie scored 2 injury-time winners against Bradford in one season I think. It was the Wembley season where we scored a hatful of late goals.

In the same season, and probably my winner, is the one VivaDonaldo mentioned. Wycombe away, the same match the advertising hoardings came off and were carried over the top of the fans down the stand. The win there was brilliant as Wycombe were a fellow play-off contender. Insane celebrations, running up and down the steps, hugging everyone you passed.
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 20:08 - Sep 14 with 3177 viewsTVOS1907

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 19:22 - Sep 14 by Shun

All mine have been mentioned so far.

Calvin's header against Vale was so good purely because they're a vile club, and it certainly came across during the match.

Alfie scored 2 injury-time winners against Bradford in one season I think. It was the Wembley season where we scored a hatful of late goals.

In the same season, and probably my winner, is the one VivaDonaldo mentioned. Wycombe away, the same match the advertising hoardings came off and were carried over the top of the fans down the stand. The win there was brilliant as Wycombe were a fellow play-off contender. Insane celebrations, running up and down the steps, hugging everyone you passed.

The AlfieWycombe game was the season after the AlfieBradford games.

At Wycombe in the AlfieBradford season, we had a TKWycombe winner with an injury time penalty.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 20:46 - Sep 14 with 3125 viewsYouTubeDale

Hendo's 93rd minute winner at Cheltenham put a smile on our faces too...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 23:29 - Sep 14 with 3021 viewsShun

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 20:08 - Sep 14 by TVOS1907

The AlfieWycombe game was the season after the AlfieBradford games.

At Wycombe in the AlfieBradford season, we had a TKWycombe winner with an injury time penalty.

I bow to your knowledge once again!
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 23:48 - Sep 14 with 3010 viewsYadHoDale

A couple of older ones:

Alan Reeves header at Ninian Park in about 1992, demonstrating the advantages of a centre back arriving late for a corner.

Eui Martinez at York on Boxing Day 1980.

Both were 2-1 wins against teams who had 80% of the play, and both were late enough that the opposition only had time to kick off.. :)
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 00:05 - Sep 15 with 2993 viewswindowsbug

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 18:43 - Sep 14 by rafc1984

Away at Cardiff late 80s early 90s. We got a corner at the death, ball comes in and Reeves with a bullet header, it flew in.

Well that's how I remember it anyway. A pleasant trip home that was.

It was fun getting back to the car after that goal.
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 02:09 - Sep 15 with 2950 viewsAtThePeake

I think Tuesday night tops it for me, but one that hasn't been mentioned as yet - Calvin's last minute winner at Bradford a couple of seasons ago.

Tangled up in blue.

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 07:54 - Sep 15 with 2859 viewsaleanddale

TK Free kick v Chesterfield at Spotland.

1-1 deep into injury time and TK popped the ball into the top corner.

Think it was the last kick of the game.

The only other occasion I can think of when we were losing at 90 minutes and the added time board going up AND going on to win is MK.

2-1 down and to be honest we had been second best for 89 minutes!! two late goals -Alfie and Daggers?? and we had won 3-2 - That was also a fantastic atmosphere at full time.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 7:55]
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 09:57 - Sep 15 with 2762 viewsChaffRAFC

For me it has to be Paddy McCourt against Halifax where I went with a broken arm and broke it in two more places in the celebrations.

Away at Rotherham when Graeme Atkinson scored from that Flitcroft through ball.

Also the Chris Dagnall one against Rushden deserves a mention as well, another one where I was injured, covered in blood jumping round like a muppet. Quality.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 09:58 - Sep 15 with 2762 viewsmikehunt

It does seem odd for us oldsters that there are no real standout memories of last minute goals from the sixties and seventies. The people who first took me to games always left early and I can't remember missing anything. It's as though teams just kicked the ball around during the last few minutes.
There was one last kick of the match incident I recall but ii counts in the debit column. Against Walsall we earned a penalty at the death. Time was added on to take the penalty but dear old Reg, of all people, blasted it over the bar. We lost 2-1. It was literally the last kick of the match.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 10:37 - Sep 15 with 2701 viewsEllDale

I seem to remember Jack Howarth scoring a late goal against Halifax in the early 1970's.
I think that we won 3-2.
A long hopeful punt went into the box and he outjumped the keeper (Alex Smith?) to head it home.
Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 10:41 - Sep 15 with 2694 viewsD_Alien

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 09:58 - Sep 15 by mikehunt

It does seem odd for us oldsters that there are no real standout memories of last minute goals from the sixties and seventies. The people who first took me to games always left early and I can't remember missing anything. It's as though teams just kicked the ball around during the last few minutes.
There was one last kick of the match incident I recall but ii counts in the debit column. Against Walsall we earned a penalty at the death. Time was added on to take the penalty but dear old Reg, of all people, blasted it over the bar. We lost 2-1. It was literally the last kick of the match.

Having watched the second half from the Sandy, we were slowly making our way towards the exit at the corner with Willbutts when the penalty was awarded, so in a great position to see him hit the advert hoardings hanging from the roof of the Sandy. Only one I ever saw him miss, though

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Best You've Felt In Injury Time on 10:43 - Sep 15 with 2691 viewsEllDale

I also think that we have a heightened sense of late goals now because we're more aware of how much stoppage time has been added.

Years ago no-one had a clue of how long we had actually played except the referee.

An announcement that there are three or four minutes extra adds to the drama, can spur on the team and energise the crowd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024