Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodwill gesture 15:02 - Jan 21 with 4304 viewskiwidale

A nice gesture would be to offer free admission to Southend fans who travel up for the rearranged game. It wouldn't cost much and would go some way to foster a bit of goodwill towards the Southend fans who did travel extend it to any Norwegian fans as well. I cant see more than a few dozen traveling on a tues night..

On second thoughts they might not get a seat with 3000 daleys in the away end claiming to be Norwegian or Southend fans. I might come over myself.... få i kommer på deg shrimpers.

This is not the time for bickering.

Goodwill gesture on 17:09 - Jan 21 with 4211 viewsrochdaleriddler

I have lived in Southend , does that count

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Goodwill gesture on 19:07 - Jan 21 with 4051 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Goodwill gesture on 17:09 - Jan 21 by rochdaleriddler

I have lived in Southend , does that count

Should count as living in Southend deserves a medal. God awful place surrounded by god awful places. But we should still give them free tickets if they chose to come up on a Tuesday

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Goodwill gesture on 23:17 - Jan 21 with 3901 viewsShun

Goodwill gesture on 19:07 - Jan 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

Should count as living in Southend deserves a medal. God awful place surrounded by god awful places. But we should still give them free tickets if they chose to come up on a Tuesday

I can only agree with that! Absurd accents too!
Goodwill gesture on 00:07 - Jan 22 with 3866 viewsTTNYear

Having been in the company of said Norwegians the majority of their drunken time in Rochdale, they had a great time anyway, but one of them has had a baby recently (not him, his wife) and was hoping to visit the club shop to pick up a few baby related items but couldn't due to the shop shutting early (by the way this isn't a dig at them shutting early), but it would be a lovely gesture if they sent the chap some dale stuff wouldn't it?....just a thought like.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 0:09]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Goodwill gesture on 01:37 - Jan 22 with 3826 viewsBURYFC_1885

We did this against Southend a few years ago, free entry for all after an originally abandoned match. It attracted a crowd 8,397, but we still lost.

Given the gloomy mood at Dale currently maybe a free entry for all could get some fans back on side?

I recall you did a £1 game vs Port Vale last season, what crowd did this attract?
Goodwill gesture on 08:13 - Jan 22 with 3653 viewsKenBoon

Goodwill gesture on 01:37 - Jan 22 by BURYFC_1885

We did this against Southend a few years ago, free entry for all after an originally abandoned match. It attracted a crowd 8,397, but we still lost.

Given the gloomy mood at Dale currently maybe a free entry for all could get some fans back on side?

I recall you did a £1 game vs Port Vale last season, what crowd did this attract?

Lots of rain for the first one and maybe about 1500 extra for the rearranged game (I think).
Goodwill gesture on 10:51 - Jan 22 with 3522 viewsrochdaleriddler

Goodwill gesture on 19:07 - Jan 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

It was nice in 1968 when I left, went back to watch us a few years ago, it was very much like Rochdale

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Goodwill gesture on 11:29 - Jan 22 with 3459 viewsBURYFC_1885

Goodwill gesture on 08:13 - Jan 22 by KenBoon

Lots of rain for the first one and maybe about 1500 extra for the rearranged game (I think).

A tad dissapointing then, considering it was a summers evening and Rochdale were on good form at the time.

However, psychologically to a floating fan I think there is a big difference between 'free entry' and '£1 entry'.

A re-arranged Tuesday night game against Southend is going to be poorly attended. Given Southend are currently struggling it's a winnable fixture for Dale. Free entry as a one off could create a buzz in the town, it's a fairly unique opportunity to watch a live match for free.

Advertise a free match around town, get it broadcast on the radio etc.. get the stadium in top condition beforehand as to not discourage any floating fans from attending again. Good PR for the Dale, and if you get a vital win infront of 6,000 it could be the tonic the club needs to give it a lift.

I also now recall Oldham doing a free match against Peterborough last season on a Tuesday night, the crowd was around 7,500.

It would be a great opportunity for the local pubs and club bars to cash in too, the club could put some drinks offers on or perhaps a discount on food to claw back some lost revenue and take advantage of the increased crowd. When people haven't paid for admission they are likely more willing to spend a few pounds on food and drink.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 11:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Goodwill gesture on 11:47 - Jan 22 with 3415 viewselectricblue

I would do an half price ticket purchased bought from southend fc......

That is good enough good will as Dale still need an income of some sort...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Goodwill gesture on 17:30 - Jan 22 with 3119 viewspioneer

Goodwill gesture on 11:29 - Jan 22 by BURYFC_1885

A tad dissapointing then, considering it was a summers evening and Rochdale were on good form at the time.

However, psychologically to a floating fan I think there is a big difference between 'free entry' and '£1 entry'.

A re-arranged Tuesday night game against Southend is going to be poorly attended. Given Southend are currently struggling it's a winnable fixture for Dale. Free entry as a one off could create a buzz in the town, it's a fairly unique opportunity to watch a live match for free.

Advertise a free match around town, get it broadcast on the radio etc.. get the stadium in top condition beforehand as to not discourage any floating fans from attending again. Good PR for the Dale, and if you get a vital win infront of 6,000 it could be the tonic the club needs to give it a lift.

I also now recall Oldham doing a free match against Peterborough last season on a Tuesday night, the crowd was around 7,500.

It would be a great opportunity for the local pubs and club bars to cash in too, the club could put some drinks offers on or perhaps a discount on food to claw back some lost revenue and take advantage of the increased crowd. When people haven't paid for admission they are likely more willing to spend a few pounds on food and drink.

Reducing or eliminating admission for the game as a goodwill gesture would be fine but doing it as a way of significantly increasing attendence is likely to be. flop. At the moment folks view the product as something they are not interested in watching ..on a tuesday night in say february....at any price.The time for this as a way of attracting more fans is when we have an attractive product on the field, they see what they like and come back.
Goodwill gesture on 17:52 - Jan 22 with 3077 viewsDaleiLama

Goodwill gesture on 17:30 - Jan 22 by pioneer

Reducing or eliminating admission for the game as a goodwill gesture would be fine but doing it as a way of significantly increasing attendence is likely to be. flop. At the moment folks view the product as something they are not interested in watching ..on a tuesday night in say february....at any price.The time for this as a way of attracting more fans is when we have an attractive product on the field, they see what they like and come back.

"The time for this as a way of attracting more fans is when we have an attractive product on the field"

For "an attractive product on the", you could have just typed "a"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Goodwill gesture on 19:20 - Jan 22 with 2982 viewsdownunder

Goodwill gesture on 17:52 - Jan 22 by DaleiLama

"The time for this as a way of attracting more fans is when we have an attractive product on the field"

For "an attractive product on the", you could have just typed "a"

Any ideas on compensating me?

(only joking. Had my 15 minutes of fame moment when my mate set me up on radio Manc on Sunday morning. A win for Manchester Storm and a few pints eased the pain)
Goodwill gesture on 19:27 - Jan 22 with 2967 viewsDalenet

Nice thought Kiwidale but the club hasn't done anything in the past and I suspect won't start now. And there are dozens of Dale fans that travel very long distances to COA for home games and the club won't help those either - yet it needs to keep those onside before it compensates away fans in my view

I am more disappointed now that the club have made no effort to say sorry today
Goodwill gesture on 19:44 - Jan 22 with 2913 viewskiwidale

Goodwill gesture on 19:27 - Jan 22 by Dalenet

Nice thought Kiwidale but the club hasn't done anything in the past and I suspect won't start now. And there are dozens of Dale fans that travel very long distances to COA for home games and the club won't help those either - yet it needs to keep those onside before it compensates away fans in my view

I am more disappointed now that the club have made no effort to say sorry today

We are long suffering fans the tendency to complain comes easy to us we after all have had much to complain about over the years and the silence from the club is just another cause for complaint. Its now Monday evening three days after the condition of the pitch was obvious to everybody,not a peep from the club not a peep from the media is Rochdale offline? the OB? JImmy Wagg was there, surely its been noticed is anybody asking questions. The club really holds us in contempt at times like this its apparent they don't give a flying one about us.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 19:47]

Goodwill gesture on 20:11 - Jan 22 with 2854 viewsDaleiLama

Goodwill gesture on 19:20 - Jan 22 by downunder

Any ideas on compensating me?

(only joking. Had my 15 minutes of fame moment when my mate set me up on radio Manc on Sunday morning. A win for Manchester Storm and a few pints eased the pain)

If it were up to me Downunder, a comp trip on the coach and a comp ticket to Millwall (if you were still around) would cost the club squat. Hell I'd even invite you to meet the manager and players too. Reverse the trend and create some goodwill from a mess that is causing goodwill to haemorrhage out at present. But what do I know. I'm just a fan wi' a bit o' common-sense.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Goodwill gesture on 20:14 - Jan 22 with 2838 views442Dale

Goodwill gesture on 19:44 - Jan 22 by kiwidale

We are long suffering fans the tendency to complain comes easy to us we after all have had much to complain about over the years and the silence from the club is just another cause for complaint. Its now Monday evening three days after the condition of the pitch was obvious to everybody,not a peep from the club not a peep from the media is Rochdale offline? the OB? JImmy Wagg was there, surely its been noticed is anybody asking questions. The club really holds us in contempt at times like this its apparent they don't give a flying one about us.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 19:47]

It wasn't Team Rochdale that affected Team Rochdale, Rochdale affected Team Rochdale.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Goodwill gesture on 20:56 - Jan 22 with 2786 viewskiwidale

Goodwill gesture on 20:14 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

It wasn't Team Rochdale that affected Team Rochdale, Rochdale affected Team Rochdale.

let me rephrase that 442." its Rochdale afc that has afected TeamRochdale."

Goodwill gesture on 07:13 - Jan 23 with 2615 viewsaleanddale

Goodwill gesture on 11:29 - Jan 22 by BURYFC_1885

Good post..

Sadly it would take some vision and some hard work.

I hope this happens but would not be holding my breath.
Goodwill gesture on 07:36 - Jan 23 with 2593 viewsnordenblue

Goodwill gesture on 07:13 - Jan 23 by aleanddale

Good post..

This is the is big problem....
Goodwill gesture on 12:49 - Jan 23 with 2459 viewsBURYFC_1885

Goodwill gesture on 07:13 - Jan 23 by aleanddale

Good post..

Unfortunately I did write a lengthy reply to this at 12:49 however the post seems to have been removed?? At 13:06?

Any way of reinstating said post?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 13:13]
Goodwill gesture on 16:32 - Jan 23 with 2241 viewsColDale

Goodwill gesture on 12:49 - Jan 23 by BURYFC_1885

Unfortunately I did write a lengthy reply to this at 12:49 however the post seems to have been removed?? At 13:06?

Any way of reinstating said post?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 13:13]

No post was deleted as far as I know.
Goodwill gesture on 17:33 - Jan 23 with 2181 viewsdownunder

Goodwill gesture on 20:11 - Jan 22 by DaleiLama

If it were up to me Downunder, a comp trip on the coach and a comp ticket to Millwall (if you were still around) would cost the club squat. Hell I'd even invite you to meet the manager and players too. Reverse the trend and create some goodwill from a mess that is causing goodwill to haemorrhage out at present. But what do I know. I'm just a fan wi' a bit o' common-sense.

No worries. I am already booked to see friends in Herefordshire. Sh#t happens. Maybe next time i can come in August.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024