Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham fans 23:31 - Apr 17 with 28394 viewsanimal8

I wonder why Oldham and Bury make such a big deal of when they come to Dale .Oldham tonight singing we've taken your town ,so what ,they probably went in the regal moon .When we go to There grounds we just treat it as a normal game ,not a pissing contest .
Oldham fans on 23:37 - Apr 17 with 11414 viewsTVOS1907

Were you earwigging my conversation on the way home?

They want to try going to their own ground with the same regularity and fervour they display when they come to us.

Then again, singing songs about United, City and Leeds is the closest they'll get to them these days.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham fans on 23:44 - Apr 17 with 11368 viewsmeeee

I can't be the only one who hates Oldham far more then Bury. I actually don't mind Bury compared to the Oldham mongs. Tonight felt more like a local derby then any of the Bury games since about 2010. The Bury rivalry seems to have cooled off a bit in my opinion, I don't hate them as much as I used to
Oldham fans on 23:47 - Apr 17 with 11352 viewsShun

Oldham fans on 23:44 - Apr 17 by meeee

I can't be the only one who hates Oldham far more then Bury. I actually don't mind Bury compared to the Oldham mongs. Tonight felt more like a local derby then any of the Bury games since about 2010. The Bury rivalry seems to have cooled off a bit in my opinion, I don't hate them as much as I used to

I don’t hate either of them but as fanbases I find Bury fans far more likeable.
Oldham fans on 23:47 - Apr 17 with 11349 viewsoddjob007

Oldham fans on 23:44 - Apr 17 by meeee

Yes agree, enjoyed the atmosphere tonight, definitely not had a derby atmosphere like that for a good few years.

Those games when TK would score a late penalty and run down the touch line... or Kevin Townson jumping in with over 2k fans at bury about 15 years ago... tonight came close.
Oldham fans on 23:59 - Apr 17 with 11313 viewsBarryStrange

Not convinced most of us Bury lot do make such a massive deal of games with Rochdale to be fair. It's nearly a decade since we last scored in a league one which rather saps the interest. And we were 4-1 down when we did.

Games with Rochdale do drag out the schooligan element of our support but you can't really deny such games do the same to Dale's schooligans too.

But on to tonight and I really wanted you to win. Many of you on here I have met and generally Rochdale fans have a realistic take on life which makes for a decent chat.

By contrast I can't stand Oldham and am sick of them finishing bottom 6 and scraping survival as if a 22nd year in this division should be anything other than depressing to them.

If it is to be a straight fight for who joins us below Accrington next season (and it might well be - Northampton and MK are looking poor and Wimbledon still get to play us) I hope you prevail.
Oldham fans on 00:03 - Apr 18 with 11282 viewsDaley_Lama

We’ve taken your town
Town full of p......

Conclusion. Buyer beware

One nob does not define over 2000 fans. 10 nobs doesnt either.

Good support from 99% of them tonight for a distinctly average team (who are above us)

Poll: DF in or out

Oldham fans on 00:18 - Apr 18 with 11215 viewsrobtheb

Oldham's ticket allocation was strange tonight.

From were is was sat in the main stand all the allocated seats appeared to be taken yet there must have been 200 fans or so stood up at the front.
Oldham fans on 00:52 - Apr 18 with 11155 viewsD_Alien

This "we've taken your..." shite

Ground, Town, whaat the f*ck?

You pays your money, you go into the allocated away stand

One of you escapes and makes for the ref but misses and clatters one of your own

The ONLY thing you take all night is yourselves - too seriously

It's beyond embarrassing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham fans on 01:10 - Apr 18 with 11123 viewsSandyman

Oldham fans on 00:52 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

One of you escapes and makes for the ref but misses and clatters one of your own

It's beyond embarrassing

Indeed. They are very strange. When they play at home, most of them are on the phone to Radio Manchester moaning. Away, they turn up as though it is a treat to be in a different town (which it must be) in numbers and exemplify neanderthal in a way that a David Attenborough film crew really needs to capture.
A draw must have had them swinging from the handstraps on the tram on the way home and flinging their own faeces at each other. And they are the smart ones compared to the ones running around / running scared of the police near to Rooley Moor Rd after the game
Oldham fans on 08:22 - Apr 18 with 10780 viewsKenBoon

Some of their fans clearly have an inferiority complex, then complete that with a generous number of local deadbeats (added to existing deadbeats) who don't usually go to matches but fancy "taking a town" (probably the majority of the problem). To be fair to them in general, for every one who sang the sick "you're just a town full of..." song (I cannot begin to stress how utterly vile that is) there were half-dozen+ who applauded Joey T off. Sadly the focus goes onto the lowest rather than the excellent majority who turned up to watch a game of Football and cheer on their team.
Oldham fans on 10:03 - Apr 18 with 10532 viewsBURYFC_1885

Not sure how you can really put Bury in the bracket of ‘making a big deal’... we haven’t taken 2,000 fans in the league to Spotland since 2013.. our horrendous head to head record doesn’t help. Oldham fans have been devoid of any genuine derby matches over the years so they must just be getting giddy. If you start playing Oldham every season for the next 15 years as you do vs Bury I’m sure it will settle down.
Oldham fans on 10:23 - Apr 18 with 10463 viewsrochdaleriddler

I never really had a dislike of oldham, but I'm getting there

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Oldham fans on 10:30 - Apr 18 with 10439 viewsjudd

I could not understand the Biffo's obsession with swimming trunks neither.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Oldham fans on 10:56 - Apr 18 with 10346 viewsrochdaleriddler

Oldham fans on 01:10 - Apr 18 by Sandyman

Indeed. They are very strange. When they play at home, most of them are on the phone to Radio Manchester moaning. Away, they turn up as though it is a treat to be in a different town (which it must be) in numbers and exemplify neanderthal in a way that a David Attenborough film crew really needs to capture.
A draw must have had them swinging from the handstraps on the tram on the way home and flinging their own faeces at each other. And they are the smart ones compared to the ones running around / running scared of the police near to Rooley Moor Rd after the game

Two of their finest tried getting into my car on the esplanade, I explained I wasn't a taxi. 'Can you take us near to the ground anyway ?' Errr no

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Oldham fans on 11:37 - Apr 18 with 10243 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham fans on 10:03 - Apr 18 by BURYFC_1885

Not sure how you can really put Bury in the bracket of ‘making a big deal’... we haven’t taken 2,000 fans in the league to Spotland since 2013.. our horrendous head to head record doesn’t help. Oldham fans have been devoid of any genuine derby matches over the years so they must just be getting giddy. If you start playing Oldham every season for the next 15 years as you do vs Bury I’m sure it will settle down.

We must have imagined all that lot getting giddy in the "Crazy Corner" over the years.

Oldham fans on 12:41 - Apr 18 with 10099 viewsBURYFC_1885

Oldham fans on 11:37 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

We must have imagined all that lot getting giddy in the "Crazy Corner" over the years.

‘The crazy corner’ you refer to is a Gigg Lane phenomenon... read the OP again.
Oldham fans on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 10032 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham fans on 12:41 - Apr 18 by BURYFC_1885

‘The crazy corner’ you refer to is a Gigg Lane phenomenon... read the OP again.

I was replying to you, not the OP.

Oldham fans on 13:30 - Apr 18 with 9922 viewsEllDale

I note that the chap who came onto the pitch has also been charged with possession of a class A drug.
Oldham fans on 11:04 - Apr 19 with 9335 viewsShun

Oldham fans on 00:52 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

It's beyond embarrassing

The paper was mocking them today for the ‘take over your town’ stuff too.

It’s like when you get a sad group of girls going on holiday and they’re all like, ‘watch out Benners, we’re coming for you!!1!’ No, Shiela and Pauline, Benedorm doesn’t care that you’re coming, just like nobody from Rochdale cared that a few Oldham fans came on Tuesday.
Oldham fans on 11:57 - Apr 19 with 9274 viewsRAFC_1990

There official social media chanels were using the hashtag #takingoveragain quite alot. Embarrassing.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Oldham fans on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 9099 viewsMASSIVEclub

Imagine the biffos bringing more on a Tuesday night, when they’ve won once away in seven months, than you’ve ever taken to a League game in your entire history...

Imagine League One being the highest level you’ve ever seen your irrelevant club play at.
Oldham fans on 15:51 - Apr 19 with 9091 viewsD_Alien

Oldham fans on 15:46 - Apr 19 by MASSIVEclub

Imagine the biffos bringing more on a Tuesday night, when they’ve won once away in seven months, than you’ve ever taken to a League game in your entire history...

Imagine League One being the highest level you’ve ever seen your irrelevant club play at.

That's pretty unimaginative for a start

How about you tools start controlling yourselves?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham fans on 15:52 - Apr 19 with 9085 viewsTVOS1907

So they’ve let you out after you went for the ref?

Oldham fans on 15:57 - Apr 19 with 9069 viewsjudd

Any excuse to get out of your diphtheria-riddled shithole eh?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Oldham fans on 16:10 - Apr 19 with 9050 viewsMASSIVEclub

Oldham brought more on Tuesday night than you've ever taken to a League away game in your entire 111 year history. Let that sink in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024