Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement re: Board 12:04 - Dec 6 with 8045 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/statement-from-andrew-kilpatric

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statement re: Board on 12:16 - Dec 6 with 5172 viewsrochdaleriddler

A coup?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Statement re: Board on 12:17 - Dec 6 with 5164 viewsSuddenLad

How long has Mr. Pockney (never heard of him) been a season ticket holder, or does it coincide with his directorship.

James Mason being sidelined is a very strange move, seeing as we were being told of his fantastic successes elsewhere and his undoubted skills for the position when he was appointed.

Mr. Kelly now has a 'reinvigoration' as if by magic, when only recently he stood down.

Something doesn't ring true.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 12:18]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Statement re: Board on 12:19 - Dec 6 with 5140 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I have discussed this at length with Keith Hill and he is fully bought into the changes we are making and our hopes for the continued success on the pitch.

Curious line in the statement...
Statement re: Board on 12:20 - Dec 6 with 5124 viewsjudd

Is James Mason's directorship the shortest ever?

Statement re: Board on 12:21 - Dec 6 with 5114 viewselectricblue

Perhaps this is a step to move the club forward who knows..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Statement re: Board on 12:22 - Dec 6 with 5094 viewsjudd

Statement re: Board on 12:16 - Dec 6 by rochdaleriddler

A coup?

Bless you

Statement re: Board on 12:30 - Dec 6 with 5024 views49thseason

Tony Pockney from Linked in:

A versatile, highly effective, hands-on Business and IT Executive, Programme Director and Consulting Practitioner. Operates at Board level as a successful leader of large scale business transformations involving complex organisation, process, culture and systems change. Over 25 years experience in a wide variety of industry sectors including Public Sector, Utilities, Financial Services, Retail, Supply Chain, Medical Devices and Telecoms.

In-depth experience of Business and IS/IT strategy, business case preparation, project and programme management, procurement, organisation and process change, package delivery, systems integration, IT and Business Process Outsourcing (ITO and BPO).

Specialties: IT Strategy, IT Delivery, Programme Director, Programme and Project Management, Service Management and Delivery, Change, Procurement, Purchasing, Contracting and Commercial Negotiation, CRM, IT and Business Process Outsourcing (ITO & BPO), Business Transformation and Business Improvement, Off shore development, Operations Director, Public Sector, Child Welfare, Social Welfare, Retail, Utilities, Telecommunications, Supply Chain, Medical Devices
Statement re: Board on 12:32 - Dec 6 with 5001 viewsSandyman

All change and do the Hokey Cokey!
Clearly there some boardroom politics going on and everyone retires at some point. Let's see how it all beds in. Does this mean increased or decreased investment in the club or no change? Should be interesting to see how the new board support a manager in the January 2019 transfer window. The Fans Forum should be worth going to, and, of course, we'll be expecting our Dale Trust to keep a close eye on what's happening.
Login to get fewer ads

Statement re: Board on 12:34 - Dec 6 with 4989 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Statement re: Board on 12:30 - Dec 6 by 49thseason

A versatile, highly effective, hands-on Business and IT Executive, Programme Director and Consulting Practitioner. Operates at Board level as a successful leader of large scale business transformations involving complex organisation, process, culture and systems change. Over 25 years experience in a wide variety of industry sectors including Public Sector, Utilities, Financial Services, Retail, Supply Chain, Medical Devices and Telecoms.

In-depth experience of Business and IS/IT strategy, business case preparation, project and programme management, procurement, organisation and process change, package delivery, systems integration, IT and Business Process Outsourcing (ITO and BPO).

Specialties: IT Strategy, IT Delivery, Programme Director, Programme and Project Management, Service Management and Delivery, Change, Procurement, Purchasing, Contracting and Commercial Negotiation, CRM, IT and Business Process Outsourcing (ITO & BPO), Business Transformation and Business Improvement, Off shore development, Operations Director, Public Sector, Child Welfare, Social Welfare, Retail, Utilities, Telecommunications, Supply Chain, Medical Devices

...which would be the self-written part of his LinkedIn profile I expect!
Statement re: Board on 12:34 - Dec 6 with 4982 viewsdawlishdale

Statement re: Board on 12:17 - Dec 6 by SuddenLad

How long has Mr. Pockney (never heard of him) been a season ticket holder, or does it coincide with his directorship.

James Mason being sidelined is a very strange move, seeing as we were being told of his fantastic successes elsewhere and his undoubted skills for the position when he was appointed.

Mr. Kelly now has a 'reinvigoration' as if by magic, when only recently he stood down.

Something doesn't ring true.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 12:18]

Makes some sense to me...but it's been messy to say the least.

Mr Pockney is a complete unknown, as are Mr Kilpatrick (although he's been President for a couple of years) and as is Mr Bottomley's ability to be a good CEO. At least both the latter have some experience of the club, but not of their new roles.

James Mason will now be free to continue his own business, and will no doubt be re-joining Bradford City soon, now that their Chairman has left, removing the cause of him leaving them in the first place.

Andrew Kelly stepped down due to a dispute with a couple of Directors, neither of whom will be on the Board in the near future. Thus, he is now free to come back and resume the role he was previously carrying out, prior to being replaced by another Director, now employed elsewhere in the club.

Clear??? super.
Statement re: Board on 12:38 - Dec 6 with 4960 viewsscooby

Statement re: Board on 12:30 - Dec 6 by 49thseason

My CV and linkedin reads very similar but infrastructure and cloud, I was even at Fujitsu when he was, but never met him. As he is BPO, he will be looking to make processes lean and efficent, i think this will be a good move and should bring some changes. People like this only join boards if they will be allowed to make a difference...
Statement re: Board on 13:03 - Dec 6 with 4764 viewsEllDale

If Mr Pockney is a season ticket holder I hope that he doesn't sit behind the home dugout and criticise substitutions or tactics.......
Statement re: Board on 13:26 - Dec 6 with 4649 viewsYorkshire_Dale

You lot in the clique tell me......Is Andrew Kilpatrick and relation whatsoever to David "killy" Kilpatrick who was at San Spotty years ago?

Mere co-incidence?
Statement re: Board on 13:30 - Dec 6 with 4619 viewsEllDale

I think that the main thing that caused concern over the departure of Chris Dunphy was fear of the unknown.
He was a familiar face and plenty of us had a tenuous connection with him (my mother for example used to teach him many moons ago) or even knew him personally.
I wish all the new board members all the best because at least we know that they are Dale fans.
My own worst fear was some form of "overseas investment" similar to what happened at Morecambe and Bradford to name but two clubs.
Statement re: Board on 13:30 - Dec 6 with 4618 viewsjudd

Statement re: Board on 13:26 - Dec 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

You lot in the clique tell me......Is Andrew Kilpatrick and relation whatsoever to David "killy" Kilpatrick who was at San Spotty years ago?

Mere co-incidence?

Don't think they are related. Andrew is the son of Brian, who was on the board when we first got promoted under Hilly.

Statement re: Board on 13:37 - Dec 6 with 4577 viewsMoonyDale

Statement re: Board on 12:34 - Dec 6 by dawlishdale

Makes some sense to me...but it's been messy to say the least.

Mr Pockney is a complete unknown, as are Mr Kilpatrick (although he's been President for a couple of years) and as is Mr Bottomley's ability to be a good CEO. At least both the latter have some experience of the club, but not of their new roles.

James Mason will now be free to continue his own business, and will no doubt be re-joining Bradford City soon, now that their Chairman has left, removing the cause of him leaving them in the first place.

Andrew Kelly stepped down due to a dispute with a couple of Directors, neither of whom will be on the Board in the near future. Thus, he is now free to come back and resume the role he was previously carrying out, prior to being replaced by another Director, now employed elsewhere in the club.

Clear??? super.

As mud........?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Statement re: Board on 13:40 - Dec 6 with 4570 views442Dale

The new board will, as previously, receive excellent support from the fans as they endeavour to continue the good work of their predecessors. They’ll know the responsibility they have and it’s on them to rise to the challenges posed in the future and that, as ever, supporters will indicate where they feel things can be improved for the good of the club. Good luck to all.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statement re: Board on 14:04 - Dec 6 with 4466 viewsTVOS1907

Statement re: Board on 13:26 - Dec 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Mere co-incidence?

They aren’t related.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Statement re: Board on 14:17 - Dec 6 with 4404 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Statement re: Board on 14:04 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

They aren’t related.

No. Despite hailing from Littleborough, Brian and Andrew Kilpatrick are not related to David Kilpatrick. For some unknown reason, Brian adopted Kilpatrick as a surname. He was not a Kilpatrick from birth. Hence, the ongoing confusion.

This might be a question the Trust wishes to pursue as a matter of due diligence...
Statement re: Board on 14:26 - Dec 6 with 4357 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Statement re: Board on 13:03 - Dec 6 by EllDale

If Mr Pockney is a season ticket holder I hope that he doesn't sit behind the home dugout and criticise substitutions or tactics.......

Better not.......or will hence be known as Pockney Rebel?
Statement re: Board on 15:55 - Dec 6 with 4108 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Andrew Kilpatrick is an unknown quantity and it remains to be seen how effective he will be as Chairman. As he lives in the South of England, presumably he will only be attending Spotland for matches, Board meetings or any matters serious enough to require him being in attendance. But, he will be relying on David Bottomley to be a competent and effective Chief Executive. Some questions have been raised about Bottomley's abilities so it remains to be seen how well he steps up to the role. Perhaps it is intended that James Mason will provide him with ad hoc advice and assistance as he settles into the role.

Tony Pockney seems to be a very capable individual and should be an asset to the Board.

I think it is fair to say Andrew Kelly will be a positive presence on the Board.

Change at Board level has been needed. Hopefully, the individuals concerned can redress the matters which have necessitated that change.
Statement re: Board on 16:20 - Dec 6 with 4024 viewsBobbyjoe

Statement re: Board on 14:04 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

They aren’t related.

So, you ARE in the clique, then, TVOS!
Statement re: Board on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 3963 viewsSuddenLad

Statement re: Board on 15:55 - Dec 6 by RespectTheChemistry

Andrew Kilpatrick is an unknown quantity and it remains to be seen how effective he will be as Chairman. As he lives in the South of England, presumably he will only be attending Spotland for matches, Board meetings or any matters serious enough to require him being in attendance. But, he will be relying on David Bottomley to be a competent and effective Chief Executive. Some questions have been raised about Bottomley's abilities so it remains to be seen how well he steps up to the role. Perhaps it is intended that James Mason will provide him with ad hoc advice and assistance as he settles into the role.

Tony Pockney seems to be a very capable individual and should be an asset to the Board.

I think it is fair to say Andrew Kelly will be a positive presence on the Board.

Change at Board level has been needed. Hopefully, the individuals concerned can redress the matters which have necessitated that change.

What changes in particular ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Statement re: Board on 16:51 - Dec 6 with 3900 viewsTVOS1907

Statement re: Board on 16:20 - Dec 6 by Bobbyjoe

So, you ARE in the clique, then, TVOS!

Aye, but not the original one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Statement re: Board on 17:32 - Dec 6 with 3744 viewsaleanddale

Was Andrew Kilpatick the fella who used to live in the channel islands?

Guernsey from memory? funded the COG deal a few years back?.

Life long Dale fan and a top business man ( no skeletons ) will do me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024