Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing out from the back 18:01 - Dec 15 with 9311 viewsCanaDale

Suicidal. On that pitch, recipe for disaster! Lillis should have never been put in that situation to clear it, should have been dealt with like three passes previous.
Playing out from the back on 20:38 - Dec 15 with 2700 views442Dale

Playing out from the back on 20:31 - Dec 15 by dingdangblue

I'm not a Perkins basher, and I thought he had a good game today - but even I can see that he shouldn't have passed the ball back to Lillis so close to the goal and on target and in awful conditions. There wasn't a Plymouth player near him - he was under absolutely no pressure to do what he did - it was easier to turn and run out of the box with the ball than pass it back.

He could possibly have let MJW take the ball, but once that didn’t happen Perkins was outside the box and Plymouth players were around him so it was an understandable option to take. At the time I thought he shouldn’t have passed back, the evidence paints a different story.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Playing out from the back on 20:39 - Dec 15 with 2696 viewsD_Dale

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11582443/rochdale-1-2-plym
Playing out from the back on 20:45 - Dec 15 with 2686 viewsnordenblue

Playing out from the back on 20:38 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

He could possibly have let MJW take the ball, but once that didn’t happen Perkins was outside the box and Plymouth players were around him so it was an understandable option to take. At the time I thought he shouldn’t have passed back, the evidence paints a different story.

Run of the mill back pass that the keeper should deal with far better,Perkins didnt have too many options and probably chose the only one, it wasnt even over hit so cant blame the pace of the pass.
Playing out from the back on 20:51 - Dec 15 with 2658 viewsdingdangblue

Playing out from the back on 20:38 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

Sorry I though he was just inside the box before I saw the footage - he still could have turned away and moved away from the box with the ball - the ball back to Lillis is bouncing more than I thought at the game too - all in all an awful way to concede and lose a game which we should have not lost.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Playing out from the back on 20:52 - Dec 15 with 2658 viewsDaleiLama

I can't watch it again. Sorry.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Playing out from the back on 21:02 - Dec 15 with 2624 viewsjudd

Trying to be Man City when we're not even Mansfield. Cannon at fault, then Rafferty needed to take a touch, Perkins should.not pass back between the sticks and Lillis should not have tried to take a touch first.
As for Perkins it is how he conducts himself on the pitch that grates. Shouting, berating and wildly gesticulating whilst being no world beater. I'd like to see the points return for games he's started.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Playing out from the back on 21:03 - Dec 15 with 2623 viewsD_Alien

Playing out from the back on 20:51 - Dec 15 by dingdangblue

Sorry I though he was just inside the box before I saw the footage - he still could have turned away and moved away from the box with the ball - the ball back to Lillis is bouncing more than I thought at the game too - all in all an awful way to concede and lose a game which we should have not lost.

If he'd taken a touch and then lost the ball on the edge of the area he'd have been rightly dragged through the mill on here. It needed an instant decision and he made the right one under the circumstances

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Playing out from the back on 21:06 - Dec 15 with 2597 viewsD_Alien

Playing out from the back on 20:52 - Dec 15 by DaleiLama

I can't watch it again. Sorry.

Are we talking about the goal, or Owd Betts face?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Playing out from the back on 21:17 - Dec 15 with 2549 viewsChaffRAFC

https://ibb.co/XXtLDcP

Perkins plays the right ball here in my view, has to be dealt with. He's got two Plymouth players around him and plays it to the open Lillis. Had this been Gilks back in the day, or Norman or even Moore in net and any other outfield player instead of Perkins then there would only be one person getting blame here and it's the keeper.

Agree with TVOS that it should never have got to that point as it should have been dealt with by Cannon first and then Rafferty but when it does come to Perkins, he did was anyone else would have done.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Playing out from the back on 22:18 - Dec 15 with 2435 viewsDaleiLama

Playing out from the back on 21:06 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

Are we talking about the goal, or Owd Betts face?

Musical clue:

Playing out from the back on 22:53 - Dec 15 with 2357 views49thseason

Playing out from the back on 21:02 - Dec 15 by judd

Trying to be Man City when we're not even Mansfield. Cannon at fault, then Rafferty needed to take a touch, Perkins should.not pass back between the sticks and Lillis should not have tried to take a touch first.
As for Perkins it is how he conducts himself on the pitch that grates. Shouting, berating and wildly gesticulating whilst being no world beater. I'd like to see the points return for games he's started.

Lillis 12 points from 13 games. Conceded 30
Norman 4 points from 4 games. Conceded 8
Moore 7 points from 4 games Conceded 3

Perkins: Started 10 W1 D3 L6 6 points
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 23:02]
Playing out from the back on 23:14 - Dec 15 with 2314 viewsjudd

Playing out from the back on 22:53 - Dec 15 by 49thseason

Started 10, won 1.

Was that the very first game of the season?

Playing out from the back on 07:57 - Dec 16 with 2184 viewsJimmyRustler

That was a routine backpass. If you can't trust your keeper in that situation then there's no hope. The ball was moving slower than a herd of stampeding turtles ffs and Josh didn't even have to move. As for the phantom bobble, there wasn't one and if you think you see one then it's probably just your internet buffering
Playing out from the back on 17:09 - Dec 16 with 2033 views49thseason

Playing out from the back on 23:14 - Dec 15 by judd

Started 10, won 1.

Was that the very first game of the season?

Yes.
Playing out from the back on 17:34 - Dec 16 with 2007 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Playing out from the back on 19:06 - Dec 15 by dawlishdale

And furthermore, Hill goes on to blame Josh Lillis.

I'd say 50% Perkins' fault
25% Lillis' fault
25% Hills fault

Fully expect Lillis to go missing again ........but which of the the other two are mere adequate replacements?

Will Perkins be in bad books too, perhaps Kosi's done his stint on the naughty step,get him back.

And where is Dooley.....?
Playing out from the back on 17:56 - Dec 16 with 1970 viewsrochdaleriddler

Playing out from the back on 22:53 - Dec 15 by 49thseason

the backpass should be irrelevant , plymouth were poor. For me Lillis was wholly to blame, but I don’t like this attributing blame to anyone but Hill. Perkins was tiring, should have been taken off earlier. Our passing was turgid, I’m recalling not enjoying this season, it’s not like we are being outplayed by better teams. Some on here felt once the ‘tougher’ games were out the way we would find our level , we have it’s a boring error strewn shitshow

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Playing out from the back on 19:58 - Dec 16 with 1880 viewsDaleiLama

Playing out from the back on 07:57 - Dec 16 by JimmyRustler

That was a routine backpass. If you can't trust your keeper in that situation then there's no hope. The ball was moving slower than a herd of stampeding turtles ffs and Josh didn't even have to move. As for the phantom bobble, there wasn't one and if you think you see one then it's probably just your internet buffering

I love the concept of a herd of stampeding turtles but not sure if the collective noun is correct. Having said that, I can't offer a better suggestion so happy to go along with it.

Playing out from the back on 07:59 - Dec 17 with 1722 viewsEllDale

Even decent teams are becoming unstuck playing out from the back.
Manchester City's first goal on Saturday came because Everton's Jordan Pickford fired a goalkick to a defender standing by the corner flag who couldn't cope with the subsequent pressure.
Why invite teams into your half of the pitch unnecessarily?
I'm not advocating hoofball by the way, just a commonsense approach.
Playing out from the back on 08:20 - Dec 17 with 1692 viewsParkinsGimp

Lillis 100% if a keeper cant deal with that then its tragic. But he is a poor keeper anyway so expected.
Playing out from the back on 08:30 - Dec 17 with 1683 viewsDaleiLama

Playing out from the back on 07:59 - Dec 17 by EllDale

Even decent teams are becoming unstuck playing out from the back.
Manchester City's first goal on Saturday came because Everton's Jordan Pickford fired a goalkick to a defender standing by the corner flag who couldn't cope with the subsequent pressure.
Why invite teams into your half of the pitch unnecessarily?
I'm not advocating hoofball by the way, just a commonsense approach.

And Allison dropped a ball that it was easier to catch than drop. Players are people and people make mistakes. Forgiveness is a better quality to show than derision in terms of a player recovering his confidence.

Playing out from the back on 14:08 - Dec 17 with 1577 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

In my view Perkins picked the right pass but picked the wrong direction. Anyone with half a brain knows not to put a back pass aimed at goal, he should have put it to Lillis`s right to give him an angle to clear. Lillis had a forward closing him down at full pelt so had no time to take a touch. No keeper can connect with a ball that takes a freak bounce, so I don`t blame Lillis. Done should never have played the ball inside, he should have turned the player outside as he had already got an advantage for a foul seconds earlier. He could then have either cleared into touch, up the touchline or gone down and got the freekick. Hill is the main problem as he won`t change his thinking when it is obvious this squad is not capable of playing the way he would like. The square peg still won`t fit no matter how many times you hammer it. He blames the players for not being positive enough in the final third yet it is his instruction to play that way. He just won`t accept its his fault, end of story. Henderson should not have to come back to the halfway line to do the job Perkins should be doing. We are carrying too many passengers and if I were Calvin I`d leave cos he isn`t ever going to get decent service under this `tactician`.
Playing out from the back on 22:03 - Dec 17 with 1476 viewsfinberty

I can't be the only Dale fan who holds their breath several times in a match whilst we dick about, passing back to the keeper, often at a wild pace.

It was a question of how long before there's an air-shot or miscue leading to a goal.

Do you think we can learn from this now, and discontinue the practice?
Playing out from the back on 22:06 - Dec 17 with 1474 viewsjudd

Playing out from the back on 14:08 - Dec 17 by RooleyMoorBlue

In my view Perkins picked the right pass but picked the wrong direction. Anyone with half a brain knows not to put a back pass aimed at goal, he should have put it to Lillis`s right to give him an angle to clear. Lillis had a forward closing him down at full pelt so had no time to take a touch. No keeper can connect with a ball that takes a freak bounce, so I don`t blame Lillis. Done should never have played the ball inside, he should have turned the player outside as he had already got an advantage for a foul seconds earlier. He could then have either cleared into touch, up the touchline or gone down and got the freekick. Hill is the main problem as he won`t change his thinking when it is obvious this squad is not capable of playing the way he would like. The square peg still won`t fit no matter how many times you hammer it. He blames the players for not being positive enough in the final third yet it is his instruction to play that way. He just won`t accept its his fault, end of story. Henderson should not have to come back to the halfway line to do the job Perkins should be doing. We are carrying too many passengers and if I were Calvin I`d leave cos he isn`t ever going to get decent service under this `tactician`.

With respect Done was on the other side of the pitch. It was Cannon who started the calamitous chain of events
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 22:24]

Playing out from the back on 22:22 - Dec 17 with 1449 viewsdingdangblue

Playing out from the back on 22:06 - Dec 17 by judd

With respect Done was on the other side of the pitch. It was Cannon who started the calamitous chain of events

Made a meal of it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Playing out from the back on 22:26 - Dec 17 with 1436 viewsTVOS1907

Playing out from the back on 22:06 - Dec 17 by judd

Agree with that. Cannon should have just played it right-footed up the line, but for some reason turned inside and passed to Rafferty, who was immediately closed down by two Pilgrims.

It was all so avoidable.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024