Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Florent Hoti 18:10 - Jul 7 with 5942 viewsboromat

Anyone know what has gone wrong with him? Guessing he isn't signing his contract and isn't out in Portugal. But I also haven't heard that he's signed for anyone. Has he passed up on a pro contract to be a trialist somewhere? Quite odd really can't remember many youth team players turning down a pro contract.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Florent Hoti on 18:15 - Jul 7 with 5915 viewsChaffRAFC

Never known that before, tried asking the club on twitter twice but no reply as usual.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Florent Hoti on 20:00 - Jul 7 with 5670 viewsisitme

Just speculating, but I wonder if he has turned down the offer and got a university scholarship in the states? It does seem strange that unless he has signed elsewhere, which surely would have come out by not, that he has turned downed a professional contract.
Florent Hoti on 20:16 - Jul 7 with 5625 viewsDale27

Player and agent think the club is below them apparently, he’s supposed to be heading to Bournemouth for a trial.
Florent Hoti on 20:48 - Jul 7 with 5511 viewsBrierls

If he's not signed by now, I doubt he'll be signing.

I don't know anything about him, and haven't heard much about him either, so I don't think he's been setting the world alight in the youth team even if he has shown enough promise to be offered pro terms.

As boromat said, I can't remember many youth team players turning down a pro contract when offered.

I suppose time will tell if he's got what it takes.
Florent Hoti on 22:54 - Jul 7 with 5248 viewsboromat

He looked alright in his brief first team appearance but at the same time he didn't look anywhere near ready. Maybe he's after an U23s squad role a bit like Adshead.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Florent Hoti on 22:57 - Jul 7 with 5240 viewsSuddenLad

Florent Hoti on 22:54 - Jul 7 by boromat

He looked alright in his brief first team appearance but at the same time he didn't look anywhere near ready. Maybe he's after an U23s squad role a bit like Adshead.

When he's achieved what Adshead achieved in his brief time here, he can think about moving on in a similar way. He needs to knuckle down and make it happen.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Florent Hoti on 08:45 - Jul 8 with 4929 viewsEllDale

Is it me being old fashioned.....but why does he feel the need for an agent at his age?
I suspect that this will be a trend in future where young players of this level are hawked around Premier League Academies.
Would we be entitled to any sort of fee?
Florent Hoti on 08:50 - Jul 8 with 4907 viewsregjenkins

Reported to be a goal scorer
But if he doesn't want to play for us then fine. The down side is the investment spent on his development.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Login to get fewer ads

Florent Hoti on 09:26 - Jul 8 with 4811 viewsCleedale

Florent Hoti on 08:45 - Jul 8 by EllDale

Is it me being old fashioned.....but why does he feel the need for an agent at his age?
I suspect that this will be a trend in future where young players of this level are hawked around Premier League Academies.
Would we be entitled to any sort of fee?

Not old fashioned at all pal.

I liked Hilly's approach on agents - hence our generally very low outlay in that direction - but 'perhaps' those extras were ending elsewhere; probably totally legally btw.

Everything is about money nowadays and folk are just a commodity that is totally disposable (sounding old fashioned; but I do remember when jobs, society and culture was not so manic and so driven by 'materialism'). Generally they were happier times for me anyway and I enjoyed football much more - I seem to have caught the cynicism bug.

I guess all these academy/youth players get an agent as soon as they join a club and suppose that immediately puts them above their mates in the 'lads-nights-out'. Not only are they 'pro' footie players but 'they have an agent!'

It's bigging them up way before time but in all honesty isn't that the culture now - bigging-up averageness?

Know this is long-winded but I heard a great radio interview with an ex-footballer called Andy Graver. He died a few years back but was given a funeral at Lincoln Cathedral by the City of Lincoln.

He'd had 3 spells at Lincoln City but talked about a time he had flu, was living in digs around Sincil Bank, (as was the manager), who called round to tell him to go and play and sweat it out. He got 6 that day - 2 with his left, 2 with his right and 2 with his head.

Anyways, whatever but...well worth the read...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Graver
Florent Hoti on 10:36 - Jul 8 with 4645 viewssoulboy

Florent Hoti on 09:26 - Jul 8 by Cleedale

Not old fashioned at all pal.

I liked Hilly's approach on agents - hence our generally very low outlay in that direction - but 'perhaps' those extras were ending elsewhere; probably totally legally btw.

Everything is about money nowadays and folk are just a commodity that is totally disposable (sounding old fashioned; but I do remember when jobs, society and culture was not so manic and so driven by 'materialism'). Generally they were happier times for me anyway and I enjoyed football much more - I seem to have caught the cynicism bug.

I guess all these academy/youth players get an agent as soon as they join a club and suppose that immediately puts them above their mates in the 'lads-nights-out'. Not only are they 'pro' footie players but 'they have an agent!'

It's bigging them up way before time but in all honesty isn't that the culture now - bigging-up averageness?

Know this is long-winded but I heard a great radio interview with an ex-footballer called Andy Graver. He died a few years back but was given a funeral at Lincoln Cathedral by the City of Lincoln.

He'd had 3 spells at Lincoln City but talked about a time he had flu, was living in digs around Sincil Bank, (as was the manager), who called round to tell him to go and play and sweat it out. He got 6 that day - 2 with his left, 2 with his right and 2 with his head.

Anyways, whatever but...well worth the read...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Graver

David Kilpatrick, when club chairman, also didnt have much time for agents. At a supporters club meeting back in the 90s, when asked about Jacon Peake who was the subject of leaving the club, he said he had no time for agents and regarded them as leeches. I think this description of them is even more fitting these days.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:53]
Florent Hoti on 11:13 - Jul 8 with 4547 viewsjonahwhereru

Florent Hoti on 20:16 - Jul 7 by Dale27

Player and agent think the club is below them apparently, he’s supposed to be heading to Bournemouth for a trial.

Indeed an unusual event for a a young player to turn down a first pro contract offer.
I wonder what other clubs would make of a player seeking a trial that had turned down Rochdale, with our reputation of giving youngsters a chance. Would they think if Rochdale liked him he must be worth a look, or question the attitude of a player who thinks they are better than Rochdale.
Personally I think their would be a question mark there for the player to overcome.
Like others I think if he is not on the training camp plane Hoti is finished here. I said on here at the time that I thought giving four from the academy contracts was a gamble. So it will free up some budget.
I bet the academy players who just missed out on a contract are a bit p-issed with him.
Florent Hoti on 11:20 - Jul 8 with 4525 viewspioneer

Florent Hoti on 10:36 - Jul 8 by soulboy

David Kilpatrick, when club chairman, also didnt have much time for agents. At a supporters club meeting back in the 90s, when asked about Jacon Peake who was the subject of leaving the club, he said he had no time for agents and regarded them as leeches. I think this description of them is even more fitting these days.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:53]

On the other hand young kids have been exploited by football clubs for many years and this is (over, in some cases) reaction to that. They now have professional advice on how to get the best deal for them (and pay these agent for it,). Of course it might not always work out that way but nobody can predict the future.

If I had a son who was a promising footballer i wouldnt trust a football club to give him the best deal. Maybe David Kilpatrick would. I also suspect the hideous sexual exploitation of young kids chasing their dreams might not have been as bad if those kids had been at a stage where they had agents....obviously some football clubs knew what was going on and did nothing . . . trust a football club...at your peril.
Florent Hoti on 11:56 - Jul 8 with 4439 viewselectricblue

As we are all slating player agents and Hoti didnt Adshead say something to the likes of signing his 3yr deal to stay Dale would good for his development.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Florent Hoti on 21:28 - Jul 8 with 3852 viewsmikehunt

I think it was the chairman at Darlington (who built the big stadium) who had a brilliant approach to agents. He said they would come on to him and say, I've got a fantastic goalkeeper for you. He would respond by saying, that's good: can you guarantee he will keep 25 clean sheets a season for us? No? Well eff off then.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Florent Hoti on 21:41 - Jul 8 with 3795 viewsKenBoon

Florent Hoti on 21:28 - Jul 8 by mikehunt

I think it was the chairman at Darlington (who built the big stadium) who had a brilliant approach to agents. He said they would come on to him and say, I've got a fantastic goalkeeper for you. He would respond by saying, that's good: can you guarantee he will keep 25 clean sheets a season for us? No? Well eff off then.

It's a stupid approach.
Florent Hoti on 23:18 - Jul 8 with 3623 viewsmikehunt

Didn’t know you were an agent Ken 😁

Florent Hoti on 02:56 - Jul 9 with 3527 viewspioneer

Florent Hoti on 21:28 - Jul 8 by mikehunt

and what happened to Darlington?

Did he manage to find a goalie who could guarantee 25 clean sheets in the same way agents couldn’t?
Florent Hoti on 08:56 - Jul 9 with 3330 viewsmikehunt

No, but the point being, he didn’t pay anywhere near as much for one.

Florent Hoti on 09:16 - Jul 9 with 3301 viewsfinberty

Florent Hoti on 11:13 - Jul 8 by jonahwhereru

Indeed an unusual event for a a young player to turn down a first pro contract offer.
I wonder what other clubs would make of a player seeking a trial that had turned down Rochdale, with our reputation of giving youngsters a chance. Would they think if Rochdale liked him he must be worth a look, or question the attitude of a player who thinks they are better than Rochdale.
Personally I think their would be a question mark there for the player to overcome.
Like others I think if he is not on the training camp plane Hoti is finished here. I said on here at the time that I thought giving four from the academy contracts was a gamble. So it will free up some budget.
I bet the academy players who just missed out on a contract are a bit p-issed with him.

Personally, my fondest memory of him was his first-half hat-trick - left, right, head - the classic combo, in the game that sealed our promotion.

What?

What do you mean that never happened?

Shurely shome mistake??

Isn't that when he proved he was too good for us??
Florent Hoti on 12:24 - Jul 9 with 3107 viewspioneer

Florent Hoti on 08:56 - Jul 9 by mikehunt

And soon they disappeared from the football league. At least he didnt pay any agents fees in achieving that I suppose. Well done Mr Chairman.

I expect he is on the after dinner speaking circuit explaining his success in undermining the agent market.
Florent Hoti on 14:27 - Jul 9 with 2928 viewsKenBoon

Florent Hoti on 08:56 - Jul 9 by mikehunt

No. He saved it all for a 30k seater stadium that could only get a safety certificate for half that.
Florent Hoti on 09:00 - Jul 10 with 2585 viewsCleedale

Florent Hoti on 20:16 - Jul 7 by Dale27

I wonder if he's a mate of another ex-Dale player from down there who scored "one" amazing goal while on loan and then allegedly left the club in some 'mist'?' and didn't turn up for a presentation for...can't remember...goal of the season?

Might have it all wrong. Hoti might not have left? Should the club have perhaps posted something on this? He's got a decent advert of his skills on YouTube and looks strong - unfortunately it's recorded with a Standard 8mm Cine Camera from the early 60s - but how many of this level of player at that age are out there and at some clubs in vast numbers?

Can't quash ambition though. Opinions?

PS. Btw.,he's the one in blue; I think!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024