Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Upper Ramsbottom Away 19:54 - Jul 24 with 3881 viewsblackdogblue

See we are 1 up already. Any Trialists around??

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:08 - Jul 24 with 3792 viewsMasher

1-1 now

Up The Dale!!

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:20 - Jul 24 with 3703 viewsYorkshire_Dale

2-1 up again now, much maligned Delaney.
Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:25 - Jul 24 with 3669 viewsRAFC_JS

Going off Rammy’s twitter there are trialists tonight

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:34 - Jul 24 with 3578 viewselectricblue

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:25 - Jul 24 by RAFC_JS

Going off Rammy’s twitter there are trialists tonight

Trialists must all be on the bench as non started..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:34 - Jul 24 with 3571 viewsMasher

2-3 Dale. Dale the latest scorer for the Dale

Up The Dale!!

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:36 - Jul 24 with 3552 viewsboromat

All looked like youth team warming up before the game no trialists. Gillam is on the bench will probably come on for the second half.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 3474 views1907

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:34 - Jul 24 by Masher

Was Rathbone
Upper Ramsbottom Away on 21:42 - Jul 24 with 3116 viewsShun

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 20:34 - Jul 24 by Masher

Who’s Dale?
Login to get fewer ads

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 21:45 - Jul 24 with 3086 viewsjudd

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 21:42 - Jul 24 by Shun

Who’s Dale?

Burys owner. We put him out on trial.

Without prejudice.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 22:22 - Jul 24 with 2839 viewsDaleyBrent

Dooley was best player on the pitch. Looked supremely fit from minute to last. He’s clearly put the hard work in over pre season. Fair play to the lad!
Upper Ramsbottom Away on 23:38 - Jul 24 with 2621 viewsmikehunt

Can’t tell anything from that game apart from we can’t hit the target. We could have had a dozen but for blazing shots high and wide. Still worried about our defence: they caught us a number of times running to the bye line and fizzing low crosses in. We were defending facing goal so impossible to make any confident clearances. Still a few instances of fannying around in defence too. Got to get that out of the system.
But let’s not dwell on negatives. A win is a win. Great habit to get into. And we created a shed load of chances. But I hope our philosophy this season is not sod the defending we’ll just score one more than the opposition.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 08:45 - Jul 25 with 2224 viewsDareToCalvin

Dooley and Morley excellent for me last night, always good to win but I was disappointed to concede 2. Bradley struggled but I thought Tavares looked decent, and probably better than Pyke last night. Good workout, especially for Ollie to get some minutes in. Onto Bradford.
Upper Ramsbottom Away on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 2134 viewsmacro

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 22:22 - Jul 24 by DaleyBrent

Dooley was best player on the pitch. Looked supremely fit from minute to last. He’s clearly put the hard work in over pre season. Fair play to the lad!

Yet I thought Dooley was average against average opposition. Serious shaky defending still - over to you the board and BBM strengthening needed defensively otherwise it could be another season of struggle
Upper Ramsbottom Away on 09:24 - Jul 25 with 2131 viewsChaffRAFC

Pyke was MOM for me. Got past his marker every time, set up a goal and should have had two himself but for going narrowly wide.

Thought Rathbone played very well also and Dooley. MJ did old at centre back but Delaney looked shaky again. Wade at fault for the Rammy second goal as he came and didn't get a cross and then the finish went through his legs.

McLaughlin had a decent game also as did Luke Matheson and Morley. The more I see Morley, the more impressed I am this summer as well. Would not surprise me if he started in centre of midfield at the start of the season if we can't get anyone in before then.

Also thought Joe Dunne impressed second half, second year YTS who came on at left back.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 10:01 - Jul 25 with 2021 viewsmikehunt

And who was the keeper we brought on? His size reminded me of the Phoenix Nights line about how far away is this guy. Made a fantastic one on one save though, to preserve our lead.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 10:03 - Jul 25 with 2014 viewsscarrow

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 10:01 - Jul 25 by mikehunt

And who was the keeper we brought on? His size reminded me of the Phoenix Nights line about how far away is this guy. Made a fantastic one on one save though, to preserve our lead.

Morgan piper I think yt keeper

Poll: Final position

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 10:08 - Jul 25 with 1983 viewsisitme

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 09:24 - Jul 25 by ChaffRAFC

Pyke was MOM for me. Got past his marker every time, set up a goal and should have had two himself but for going narrowly wide.

Thought Rathbone played very well also and Dooley. MJ did old at centre back but Delaney looked shaky again. Wade at fault for the Rammy second goal as he came and didn't get a cross and then the finish went through his legs.

McLaughlin had a decent game also as did Luke Matheson and Morley. The more I see Morley, the more impressed I am this summer as well. Would not surprise me if he started in centre of midfield at the start of the season if we can't get anyone in before then.

Also thought Joe Dunne impressed second half, second year YTS who came on at left back.

Maybe Dunne is the young left back BBM was on about developing?

Agree about Morley, who will hopefully develop into a good player. Like with all inexperienced players he needs to work on his decision making and positioning but he has a decent pass on him and physically he is much more developed than when he first burst onto the scene.
Upper Ramsbottom Away on 12:37 - Jul 25 with 1753 viewsboromat

Yep I saw the game pretty similar to everyone else's comments.

We're obviously going for the we'll score more than you philosophy as we're very open at the back even against a team like Rammy but then we look good going forward. It was difficult last night to tell too much because of the pitch. It was very long and slow to play on. We tended to pass the ball at the back wait to be pressed and then played the ball forwards fast. I enjoyed the amount of through balls we were playing to the front two. Both Pyke and Tavares had the pace to beat the defenders.

Dooley is looking fitter and managed most of the game but I still think he has a way to go, he played well last night. Morley, Matheson, and the front two stood out for me. Bradley was being bypassed quite a lot with the balls to the front two coming from the deeper Rathbone and Morley so he struggled to get into the game but had some moments.

Out of the youth team that came on they obviously think a lot of Clarkson who did well again in the DM role. And it's the first time I've seen the left back Dunne and he impressed. I wouldn't be overly concerned if he had to make an appearance this year.

Think we'll learn more about our first team on Saturday.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 13:53 - Jul 25 with 1610 viewstodmordendale

Morley has improved tremendously. He looks strong and has an eye for good passes. He also covered well in the centre back role when MJ went off. Can see him playing all season.
Agree about Bradley... lost in space. Much the same when he came on at Charlton last game of the season.
Left back was impressive too in the second half.
Midfield could be strong this season with Camps, Ollie, Morley and maybe Keohane or Dooleys.
Upper Ramsbottom Away on 14:28 - Jul 25 with 1529 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Upper Ramsbottom Away on 13:53 - Jul 25 by todmordendale

Morley has improved tremendously. He looks strong and has an eye for good passes. He also covered well in the centre back role when MJ went off. Can see him playing all season.
Agree about Bradley... lost in space. Much the same when he came on at Charlton last game of the season.
Left back was impressive too in the second half.
Midfield could be strong this season with Camps, Ollie, Morley and maybe Keohane or Dooleys.

Anyone know if our Joe Dunne is any relation to Irish defender and ex Colchester manager Joe Dunne, be very interesting if he is as it was Joe Dunne the manager who released Hendo as “he did not rate him” 100% true and from a source high up at Colchester who drinks in my local!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024