Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? 08:46 - Aug 3 with 6291 viewstruenorth

Two fixtures suspended...
Are they fined? Do they lose the points? Do they replay them?
What's the score?

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 08:50 - Aug 3 with 6281 viewsSuddenLad

They will be played on future dates, 'mutually agreed by the clubs involved'. Assuming of course, that BFC actually kick a ball this season. In that event, all their fixtures will be deleted from the seasons' programme.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 09:06 - Aug 3 with 6229 viewsTVOS1907

Someone has posted on their board about them being compensated for the loss of revenue from MK Dons' fans having to travel in midweek as opposed to today.

That's because MK Dons always take loads of fans away, right?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 09:44 - Aug 3 with 6131 viewsaleanddale

Bury are referred to the EFL committee.

Further points deducted to come. How many I don’t know.

Looking bleak as the grizzly not playing ball.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 09:51 - Aug 3 with 6098 viewsBigDaveMyCock

How the fook are we going to get to 1000 posts if people continue to go rogue and start new threads like this about the football equivalent of Enron?

Angry, Manchester.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 11:14 - Aug 3 with 5923 viewssoulboy

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 08:50 - Aug 3 by SuddenLad

They will be played on future dates, 'mutually agreed by the clubs involved'. Assuming of course, that BFC actually kick a ball this season. In that event, all their fixtures will be deleted from the seasons' programme.

The club should be deleted once and for all.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:31 - Aug 3 with 5747 viewsEllDale

We want them to kick a ball though. Six points for us and only three actual relegation places to try and avoid.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:38 - Aug 3 with 5729 views49thseason

Problem is it might be six points for everyone else as well ....so no benefit.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 11:26 - Aug 5 with 5369 views100569

I wonder when we will learn whether their Carabao Cup game will go ahead or not. They are due to play Sheffield Wednesday on the 13th, 3 days after their postponed game against Accrington. Whilst I appreciate that league games can be played later in the season should they be able to finally satisfy the EFL of their financial viability, cup games are a completely different ball game, so, I presume that Sheff Wed would get a bye into the next round.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:18 - Aug 5 with 5113 viewsboromat

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 11:26 - Aug 5 by 100569

I wonder when we will learn whether their Carabao Cup game will go ahead or not. They are due to play Sheffield Wednesday on the 13th, 3 days after their postponed game against Accrington. Whilst I appreciate that league games can be played later in the season should they be able to finally satisfy the EFL of their financial viability, cup games are a completely different ball game, so, I presume that Sheff Wed would get a bye into the next round.

Yep think you're right there. Bye into the next round for Sheff Wed is the only outcome.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:41 - Aug 5 with 5053 viewstruenorth

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:18 - Aug 5 by boromat

Yep think you're right there. Bye into the next round for Sheff Wed is the only outcome.

Cup game aside, there's no impact for Bury? They just play their fixtures later in the season?
The EFL have fined clubs £60k for fielding weakened sides, never mind no bloody side.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/efl-checkatrade-trophy-under-st

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 14:43 - Aug 5 with 4927 viewsColDale

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:41 - Aug 5 by truenorth

Cup game aside, there's no impact for Bury? They just play their fixtures later in the season?
The EFL have fined clubs £60k for fielding weakened sides, never mind no bloody side.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/efl-checkatrade-trophy-under-st

TN

The argument will be that Bury have been denied to opportunity to play these games rather than have been unable to play them. Is there a real difference between the two? its marginal but it adds a further complication as to what the EFL do about Bolton's failed fixture last season. That seemed cut and dried to be a three point penalty (EFL are awaiting them to come out of admin first) but the two cancelled Bury games will throw a spanner in the works. For me, ideally it should be three points per game but I suspect there may be some leniency shown by the EFL towards two sides who'll argue they've suffered enough.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 15:09 - Aug 5 with 4819 viewsDalenet

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 14:43 - Aug 5 by ColDale

The argument will be that Bury have been denied to opportunity to play these games rather than have been unable to play them. Is there a real difference between the two? its marginal but it adds a further complication as to what the EFL do about Bolton's failed fixture last season. That seemed cut and dried to be a three point penalty (EFL are awaiting them to come out of admin first) but the two cancelled Bury games will throw a spanner in the works. For me, ideally it should be three points per game but I suspect there may be some leniency shown by the EFL towards two sides who'll argue they've suffered enough.

I am sure your thought process is right, but whether they have suffered enough.....

try telling that to the Div Two teams last season that didn't cheat and didn't get promoted. The scale of Bury's right offs is scandalous and I think they need to start at the bottom of the football pyramid again. But the EFL won't do the right thing because they are culpable for not assessing their financial position and acting before they went under. Same with Bolton.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 15:28 - Aug 5 with 4765 viewsdawlishdale

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 15:09 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

I am sure your thought process is right, but whether they have suffered enough.....

try telling that to the Div Two teams last season that didn't cheat and didn't get promoted. The scale of Bury's right offs is scandalous and I think they need to start at the bottom of the football pyramid again. But the EFL won't do the right thing because they are culpable for not assessing their financial position and acting before they went under. Same with Bolton.

Must admit, it's a difficult situation...How do fans of Mansfield feel, as they and not Bury should really be playing in L1 this season.

How does Dave Flitcroft feel? He was sacked after narrowly missing out on promotion.

How do the players feel...they missed out on promotion bonuses due to the financial irregularities at Gigg Lane.

I doubt that much, if any consideration has been given to these questions by any of the shakers fans bleating that "it's so unfair on us"
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? (n/t) (n/t) on 15:53 - Aug 5 with 4717 viewsdeeplishblue

[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 15:55]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 16:02 - Aug 5 with 4685 viewsSuddenLad

According to Twitter a decision about the SWFC game will be made in the next 24-48 hours, but a third postponement 'would have dire consequences for the club'

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 18:13 - Aug 5 with 4494 viewskiwidale

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 15:09 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

Absolutely this.

This is not the time for bickering.

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 18:19 - Aug 5 with 4476 viewskiwidale

I'm of the opinion that the EFL is outdated out of touch and not fit to govern. The premier league proved that they were better to govern the premier league same could be said of the Championship and respective leagues.

This is not the time for bickering.

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 21:36 - Aug 5 with 4223 views442Dale

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 15:28 - Aug 5 by dawlishdale

Must admit, it's a difficult situation...How do fans of Mansfield feel, as they and not Bury should really be playing in L1 this season.

How does Dave Flitcroft feel? He was sacked after narrowly missing out on promotion.

How do the players feel...they missed out on promotion bonuses due to the financial irregularities at Gigg Lane.

I doubt that much, if any consideration has been given to these questions by any of the shakers fans bleating that "it's so unfair on us"

How did Flitcroft feel when they won promotion last time with a squad built using the tactics that see them where they are today?

He played his part too. He knows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34699925

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 22:55 - Aug 5 with 4104 viewschalky_ncfc

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 15:28 - Aug 5 by dawlishdale

I know a lot of Mansfield fans and non of them are remotely bothered about.Bury.going up,almost all of them blame the enormous amount.of draws (16?) that they got over the season as the reason that they didn't go up

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:39 - Aug 8 with 3707 views100569

Sheffield Wednesday game now postponed.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 14:26 - Aug 8 with 3605 viewsdholdh

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bury-fc-update2/
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 14:30 - Aug 8 with 3580 viewsnordenblue

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 14:26 - Aug 8 by dholdh

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bury-fc-update2/

14 days to fulfil their requirements or they're out of the league? This could be the final push needed to drop off that edge they've been stood on for what seems like bloody years!!!
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 3502 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 13:39 - Aug 8 by 100569

Sheffield Wednesday game now postponed.

do they realise they are pissing a lot of Clubs and fans about?

Folk like the Accy lot on Saturday will have made plans that are out the window now......all because bury are up to no good.

It needs to end soon.
Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 16:54 - Aug 8 with 3310 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bury's fixtures - what are the implications? on 14:30 - Aug 8 by nordenblue

14 days to fulfil their requirements or they're out of the league? This could be the final push needed to drop off that edge they've been stood on for what seems like bloody years!!!

Their fans like playing fortnite I believe

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024