Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An opportunity to show our appreciation 17:36 - Aug 29 with 4354 viewsboromat

In the event that the recent events at gigg lane are final and Bury remain kicked out of the league I was wondering if people agreed that it might be a good opportunity to tip the hat as it were to them. We've had a lot of banter with them, we've seen it coming for years etc however at the end of the day seeing a club self implode like it hasn isn't great for the game. And I do genuinely feel for the few Bury fans that have spoken up over the years.

How about a banner at the Man U match. "We'd rather be playing Bury!"

Thoughts?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 17:39 - Aug 29 with 3334 viewsrochedale

Great idea, I think everyone dressed as black puddings would be better though...?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 18:18 - Aug 29 with 3224 viewsblackdogblue

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 17:39 - Aug 29 by rochedale

Great idea, I think everyone dressed as black puddings would be better though...?

Can get a price from where I got my Hexit banner from? 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 18:21 - Aug 29 with 3210 viewsThacks_Rabbits

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 17:39 - Aug 29 by rochedale

We could all throw a golf ball with “the shakers - famous old club” onto the pitch and have a mass afterwards.

Having sympathy is very different to sympathising!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 18:21 - Aug 29 with 3211 viewsScunnydale

I like this idea.

It'll look particularly good if we're getting a tonking too.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 18:24 - Aug 29 with 3197 viewsCedar_Room

We’d rather be playing bury - than Man Utd at Old Trafford? A fixture we’ve been waiting 30 odd years for?? I do hope this is a wind up.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:00 - Aug 29 with 3100 viewsNorthernDale

I feel sorry for the Bury fans, I do not like to see any team go out of business and I feel the EFL were determined to remove Bury no matter what bids went in, whilst allowing Bolton additional time to get a buyer. Despite £7 Million being lodged with the EFL to cover the takeover of Bury, the EFL had already made their mind up, the fact that three of the eight board members of the EFL board represented teams who had demanded their expulsion, Bury’s fate was sealed from the start. The EFL is obviously not fit for purpose anymore, with them operating double standards according to the team concerned.

So, when I see some Dale fans mocking Bury, I despair, I have been watching the Dale for over four decades and if it was Rochdale in Bury's position I would be devastated and seeking the support of the wider footballing community. I am thankfully that Dale have been run by chairman's who support Rochdale and know what they were doing financially, we should be thankful we have had Kilpatrick and Dunphy, who have guided and developed the Dale over the years. I wish Bury fans all the best in creating a new Bury and they can work their way back up the league.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:07 - Aug 29 with 3061 viewsnordenblue

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:00 - Aug 29 by NorthernDale

I feel sorry for the Bury fans, I do not like to see any team go out of business and I feel the EFL were determined to remove Bury no matter what bids went in, whilst allowing Bolton additional time to get a buyer. Despite £7 Million being lodged with the EFL to cover the takeover of Bury, the EFL had already made their mind up, the fact that three of the eight board members of the EFL board represented teams who had demanded their expulsion, Bury’s fate was sealed from the start. The EFL is obviously not fit for purpose anymore, with them operating double standards according to the team concerned.

So, when I see some Dale fans mocking Bury, I despair, I have been watching the Dale for over four decades and if it was Rochdale in Bury's position I would be devastated and seeking the support of the wider footballing community. I am thankfully that Dale have been run by chairman's who support Rochdale and know what they were doing financially, we should be thankful we have had Kilpatrick and Dunphy, who have guided and developed the Dale over the years. I wish Bury fans all the best in creating a new Bury and they can work their way back up the league.

"The EFL were determined to remove bury" you think they should have maybe had a couple more deadlines and a few more postponements just to piss everyone else off in their league that little bit more?

Folk seem to think this £7m can be thrown at them and it's all sorted,the last consortium found out and quickly pulled out, have a read of their reasoning behind it,the web of debt is that tangled and twisted it's impossible to unravel regardless of a current figure being thrown around, there would be no football/business sense anybody chucking a load of money at the problem
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:08 - Aug 29 with 3060 viewsboromat

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 18:24 - Aug 29 by Cedar_Room

We’d rather be playing bury - than Man Utd at Old Trafford? A fixture we’ve been waiting 30 odd years for?? I do hope this is a wind up.

There's obviously also a bit of tongue in cheek humour involved.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:11 - Aug 29 with 3035 viewsD_Alien

Your disregard for those businesses, the charity and taxpayers (through HMRC) who've been deprived of income through the way bury has conducted itself these past 20 years, aided and abetted by it's fans, is appalling

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:23 - Aug 29 with 2982 viewselectricblue

It would go a long way at every ground on a particular choosen weekend to pass a bucket around the stadiums and ask supporters to put a a pound in.....
But if this did happen it would only go to help the trust to fund a phoenix team......

Or

Am i asking to much.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:29 - Aug 29 with 2944 viewsDaleFan7

They were given several deadlines and made none of them, their last deadline was to get the C&N deal over the line, not to start faffing about with more 'credible' bids. What if they weren't credible and someone else came in? Do we just keep going forever with that cycle? It had to stop at some point.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:30 - Aug 29 with 2945 viewssoulboy

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:23 - Aug 29 by electricblue

It would go a long way at every ground on a particular choosen weekend to pass a bucket around the stadiums and ask supporters to put a a pound in.....
But if this did happen it would only go to help the trust to fund a phoenix team......

Or

Am i asking to much.

You are, about 99p too much!
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:56 - Aug 29 with 2856 viewsRAFCBLUE

I'd prefer a banner that says either:

”Paid our bills. Bided our time. Now playing United.”

OR:

”This game secured our season.”

OR:

”Budget responsibly. We do.”

Referencing bury fc is now a little bit like those who reference Oasis - it is something that doesn't exist any more.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 20:18 - Aug 29 with 2765 viewselectricblue

Scrap what i said cba in editing my answer..
They have really peed me of now...

They really are deluded in thinking the can challenge the EFL....

And then i get a message from my mate saying alsorts of deluded crap i swear she is on drugs etc but she knows better than that....

Coming across very bitter and think that everybody was against bury surviving.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 20:23 - Aug 29 with 2758 views49thseason

If RAFC ever found itself in the position of being expelled from the EFL it would be because the dozens if not hundreds of people who expressed their views on the biggest thread this board has ever and possibly will ever see had turned their backs on the club.
We have not spent hundreds possibly thousands of hours of our lives supporting this club to now allow charlatans and incompetents run it into the ground and I have every confidence that should word leak out that we were being existentially badly mismanaged, the retribution from Rochdale fans would be swift and fierce.

Whatever pity I might have had for bury fans evaporated over the last few years as Stewart Day was allowed to throw other peoples money, often borrowed at extortionate rates, at his pet project without so much as a placard or banner raised in protest. Their trust effectively handed over their shares in the company without so much as a whimper of protest. And so the die was cast, you reap what you sow. They gambled and lost everything. Here endeth the lesson.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 20:24 - Aug 29 with 2754 viewsAlexF

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 19:56 - Aug 29 by RAFCBLUE

I'd prefer a banner that says either:

”Paid our bills. Bided our time. Now playing United.”

OR:

”This game secured our season.”

OR:

”Budget responsibly. We do.”

Referencing bury fc is now a little bit like those who reference Oasis - it is something that doesn't exist any more.

or:
"we run a club for less than you pay sanchez to leave..per month"
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 20:47 - Aug 29 with 2654 viewsCleedale

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 18:24 - Aug 29 by Cedar_Room

or...

"We'd like to be playing bury tonight, but some of us can't wait 30 years, so we're having to fit in a Man U fixture at OT instead."
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:01 - Aug 29 with 2607 viewsThacks_Rabbits

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 20:23 - Aug 29 by 49thseason

If RAFC ever found itself in the position of being expelled from the EFL it would be because the dozens if not hundreds of people who expressed their views on the biggest thread this board has ever and possibly will ever see had turned their backs on the club.
We have not spent hundreds possibly thousands of hours of our lives supporting this club to now allow charlatans and incompetents run it into the ground and I have every confidence that should word leak out that we were being existentially badly mismanaged, the retribution from Rochdale fans would be swift and fierce.

Whatever pity I might have had for bury fans evaporated over the last few years as Stewart Day was allowed to throw other peoples money, often borrowed at extortionate rates, at his pet project without so much as a placard or banner raised in protest. Their trust effectively handed over their shares in the company without so much as a whimper of protest. And so the die was cast, you reap what you sow. They gambled and lost everything. Here endeth the lesson.

Great post 49th.

The thing is, when we were in strife back in the T.C. Era (still hate the lying bankrupt prick) it was years before, with a few clicks on a phone you could check a hell of a lot. If a SD1 or 2 appeared here, we would all be questioning it.

There are at least 100 of us here that, in various different skill sets and backgrounds, who would chase the background, morals and aims of any investor, Judd would have to up his data allowance for the month!!!

There is suddenly some real high level logic appearing on the Beardyman, I know at least 1 are Dale fans trying to help them, I suspect a lot more than 1. I want them back having learnt their lesson, but then I also want them to learn.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:07 - Aug 29 with 2584 viewsjudd

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:01 - Aug 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

Great post 49th.

The thing is, when we were in strife back in the T.C. Era (still hate the lying bankrupt prick) it was years before, with a few clicks on a phone you could check a hell of a lot. If a SD1 or 2 appeared here, we would all be questioning it.

There are at least 100 of us here that, in various different skill sets and backgrounds, who would chase the background, morals and aims of any investor, Judd would have to up his data allowance for the month!!!

There is suddenly some real high level logic appearing on the Beardyman, I know at least 1 are Dale fans trying to help them, I suspect a lot more than 1. I want them back having learnt their lesson, but then I also want them to learn.

To be perfectly honest TR, if the search subject loves the limelight and is involved in high profile investigations etc then you barely need to touch your monthly data allowance. Use of the correct search terms and voila- much like that MEN journo should have done recently.

Poll: What is it to be then?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:21 - Aug 29 with 2554 viewsRAFCBLUE

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:01 - Aug 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

Great post 49th.

Great post.

I think it's more than 100. There are a lot of talented people from many walks of life that follow RAFC for various reasons.

The key is always sustainable ownership and I'd love to see more fan based ownership within our club.

bury’s problem was that Forever Bury caved in to Stewart Day and handed him the shares for nothing.

If we could ever get a fan ownership level to 25% I think that could be a really good thing.

Not too big that you run the club. Not too small that you don't have a voice.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:36 - Aug 29 with 2511 viewsjudd

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:21 - Aug 29 by RAFCBLUE

Great post.

I think it's more than 100. There are a lot of talented people from many walks of life that follow RAFC for various reasons.

The key is always sustainable ownership and I'd love to see more fan based ownership within our club.

bury’s problem was that Forever Bury caved in to Stewart Day and handed him the shares for nothing.

If we could ever get a fan ownership level to 25% I think that could be a really good thing.

Not too big that you run the club. Not too small that you don't have a voice.

To be fair I think fan ownership level is at 100% or as near as possible. If you mean recognized fan body representative organisation then agree. There’s been a great tradition in this club of management by fans with shares as individuals who have done it for the honour and have quietly gone about the business of sustaining us on an affordable business model.

Poll: What is it to be then?

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:44 - Aug 29 with 2483 views49thseason

It would be interesting to see if the small investors could combine their voting powers to support a seat on the Board of Directors. if the fans (trust) had 25% they would own more shares than all the directors individually and a board seat would be difficult to deny.
The latest list of shareholders is here
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00111019/filing-history
(confirmation statement) = list of shareholders.

Looking at the list, there are quite a lot of shareholdings under 100 shares whose owners may well cede them to the trust.
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 22:17 - Aug 29 with 2352 viewsRAFCBLUE

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 21:36 - Aug 29 by judd

To be fair I think fan ownership level is at 100% or as near as possible. If you mean recognized fan body representative organisation then agree. There’s been a great tradition in this club of management by fans with shares as individuals who have done it for the honour and have quietly gone about the business of sustaining us on an affordable business model.

Yes - I think I was missing the word ”co-ordinated”

Whilst the work of diligent directors past cannot be ignored, the worry is always the future and the risk of there not being someone.

If you look at the current board, where is the thirtysomething who will be Chair in 2044?

If the Trust can get a foothold that guarantees a say forever.

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 22:36 - Aug 29 with 2306 viewsleicesterdale

I absolutely agree with this message, and the sentiment expressed with the lead message above.
Rivalry with our neighbors at Bury has been fine, and normal between clubs so close geographically, but seeing their club wither on the vine is an entirely different matter.
I was really pleased that our official site printed a prompt message commiserating with Bury and its' fans on Wednesday, and I think we should all show dignity and sympathy with our close neighbors in Bury. I feel really sorry for them.
We should wish them well, and offer them our sincere wishes that they will one day, and soon I hope, return to having a successful club who's financial governance steers them into a stable future.
As for the original post, that would certainly be one way of expressing these sentiments. After all, it could so easily, more easily,n have been our own club......
Up the Dale, and Good Luck the Shakers!
An opportunity to show our appreciation on 22:57 - Aug 29 with 2226 viewskel

An opportunity to show our appreciation on 22:36 - Aug 29 by leicesterdale

I absolutely agree with this message, and the sentiment expressed with the lead message above.
Rivalry with our neighbors at Bury has been fine, and normal between clubs so close geographically, but seeing their club wither on the vine is an entirely different matter.
I was really pleased that our official site printed a prompt message commiserating with Bury and its' fans on Wednesday, and I think we should all show dignity and sympathy with our close neighbors in Bury. I feel really sorry for them.
We should wish them well, and offer them our sincere wishes that they will one day, and soon I hope, return to having a successful club who's financial governance steers them into a stable future.
As for the original post, that would certainly be one way of expressing these sentiments. After all, it could so easily, more easily,n have been our own club......
Up the Dale, and Good Luck the Shakers!

“and I think we should all show dignity and sympathy with our close neighbors in Bury.”

Agreed. We should show them the same dignity and sympathy they showed to the victims of sexual abuse in Rochdale they so often enjoy singing about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024