Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich 10:25 - Nov 4 with 6059 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich 4th Nov 2019 10:22
The fixtures are coming thick and fast and next up is the rescheduled match at home to Ipswich Town at Spotland on Bonfire Night 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 21:07 - Nov 5 with 2329 viewsSheffdale

Twitter and a viewer suggesting a slight push on McShane before their goal and agree a tough one from here. Here's hoping.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 21:08 - Nov 5 with 2328 viewsDalenet

Done back to his weak self. Couldn't hold his own in the bogs
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 21:16 - Nov 5 with 2257 viewsNigeriamark

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 21:08 - Nov 5 by Dalenet

Done back to his weak self. Couldn't hold his own in the bogs

McShane off Tavares on. Interesting one that because we have looked good at the back

Ryan on for Morley

Calvin on for Pyke
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 21:20]
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 21:42 - Nov 5 with 2110 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Beaten again......at least we can now concentrate on the Cup(s)!
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 21:45 - Nov 5 with 2058 viewsNigeriamark

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 21:42 - Nov 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Beaten again......at least we can now concentrate on the Cup(s)!

at 1-0 they were reasonably comfortable. We huffed and puffed a bit and didn't play badly, but they controlled the game after the goal. Need a striker on loan in January because when Hendo is not involved you don't see many other options
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:02 - Nov 5 with 1937 viewsShun

Quite a frustrating game. Ipswich were spectacularly average and entirely beatable.

But we’ll continue losing games we don’t deserve to as our forward line is so weak. Henderson is god, Wilbraham can do a job if played centrally, and Tavares is quite an exciting prospect but nowhere near ready to start games on the regular. Other than that, Pyke, Andrew, Done and Gillam all need to be shipped out whenever possible. We need new recruits up front in January, if not before.

The back four all played well and definitely didn’t deserve to lose. Matheson in particular continued his good form. And McShane used his experience to rile up the petulant Norwood to the point of him getting booked early on which meant he was pretty stifled thereafter.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:18 - Nov 5 with 1839 viewsIOMDale

I’ve no doubt I’ll be in the minority here but I thought Calvin really made a difference when he came on. He won most aerial duels (and found a teammate with it) and constantly brought others into play. Love to see Tavares immediately running at his opposite number when he receives the ball but as has been alluded to, he’s still very raw.

Thought we defended superbly in the main; couldn’t tell whether it was a foul on iPlayer, leading up to the goal. I’m sure those behind the goal would be certain, one way or another. Not too despondent tonight; if Hendo would have put his foot through the chance where he tried to chip the keeper from 5 yards out, it’d make for a much happier evening. Still, more ifs, buts and maybes.

UTDNFS

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:24 - Nov 5 with 1803 viewsDaleFan7

Predictable scoreline as that is how Ipswich beat teams at this level.

The biggest disappointment tonight was the lack of urgency at 1-0 down. Nobody wanted the ball from throw ins or free kicks etc. At the moment we've got too many passengers. Done is a passenger, saw more attacking intent from Tavares in 10 mins than from Done in 90 mins. Ryan continues to be the worst player I've seen in a Dale shirt since Simpkins, we need to try and off load him to Hornets as all he can do is pass backwards.

On a more positive note, I think our defence and Lynch played well tonight. O'Connell was immense and his effort and determination put at least 6-7 other players to shame tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:29 - Nov 5 with 1773 viewsIOMDale

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:24 - Nov 5 by DaleFan7

The biggest disappointment tonight was the lack of urgency at 1-0 down. Nobody wanted the ball from throw ins or free kicks etc. At the moment we've got too many passengers. Done is a passenger, saw more attacking intent from Tavares in 10 mins than from Done in 90 mins. Ryan continues to be the worst player I've seen in a Dale shirt since Simpkins, we need to try and off load him to Hornets as all he can do is pass backwards.

On a more positive note, I think our defence and Lynch played well tonight. O'Connell was immense and his effort and determination put at least 6-7 other players to shame tonight.

The lack of urgency (as in everybody just remaining static) at set pieces with only injury time to play was just plain weird. Even the staff didn’t look in a rush to get things moving.

UTDNFS

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:43 - Nov 5 with 1694 viewsD_Alien

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:24 - Nov 5 by DaleFan7

O'Connell had a great game - again. Good to see the offical MoM sponsors have a sense of humour...

As for the game, it's all been said. In fact, it was said before it happened. (If we conceded we'd struggle to get back into it through lack of quality.) So we conceded, and struggled, and that's about it folks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 22:46 - Nov 5 with 1679 views49thseason

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 19:56 - Nov 5 by Dale_1993

Would like to see Ryan play instead of MJ Williams. Struggling to see what he offers, and he was at fault for one of the goals on Saturday.

Ha ha ha hahahah. Ryan......there is more life in a tramps vest. MJ was much better tonight, I thought he did OK even when he had to drop back after McShane went off.
Done hasn't contributed anything meaningful since he came back from Sheffield. His lack of pace and general footballing ability is now emabarrassing. Dooley isnt the best but we are missing him. The squad is as thin a tissue paper and needs urgent additions , Busy January hopefully.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 23:09 - Nov 5 with 1581 viewsboromat

To come away disappointed from a game against top of the league is quite a compliment. I thought we managed the game very well. A draw would have been a fair reflection. Unfortunately they managed to nick the goal but it could have just as easily been us.

Don't think anyone had a particularly bad game. We struggled down the left side with having both left back and left centre back right footed. Also Rathbone is much more of a midfielder than Done. Feel for Matty a bit he's obviously got his fitness back now and he's getting a run of games and getting into the positions he just needs that first goal.

A word for MJ he was much better today.

Hope Morley and McShane aren't now both injured.....

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 23:21 - Nov 5 with 1547 viewsJames1980

Fingers crossed Morley and McShane are being protected for Sunday and perhaps Ollie as well

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 00:13 - Nov 6 with 1467 views49thseason

So, thats now 15 wins in the last 55 home matches.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 00:16 - Nov 6 with 1463 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We don't shoot when we have the chances....and when we do shoot we are woeful at it..barn door jobby.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 04:53 - Nov 6 with 1357 viewsrichfoad32

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 23:21 - Nov 5 by James1980

Fingers crossed Morley and McShane are being protected for Sunday and perhaps Ollie as well

If that is the case, it shouldn't be. It's Wrexham we're playing, not West Ham. The league is our bread and butter and whilst I think we should have enough about us to stay up, the fact we look completely toothless up top is worrying. I just don't see it with Pyke, he doesn't win many headers and looks tentative and half arsed most of the time. People criticise Done on here, but at least he gets himself in position to have a go occasionally.

I thought O'Connell was immense tonight, he won't be long for Dale unfortunately.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:15 - Nov 6 with 1234 viewsTVOS1907

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 23:21 - Nov 5 by James1980

Ollie was injured after a challenge on Saturday.

Morley was injured after a challenge last night.

McShane was walking gingerly when he was subbed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:26 - Nov 6 with 1224 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:15 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

Chances of being back on Sunday?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:30 - Nov 6 with 1215 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:15 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

McShane walks gingerly when not subbed!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:44 - Nov 6 with 1197 viewsEllDale

A couple of thoughts.
Will loanees like RND and Pyke be allowed to play this weekend by their parent clubs?
And I hate to keep banging on about this but I think that there will be movement in the squad in January but not for the right reasons.
We're vulnerable to raids for our better players in the window if an undisclosed fee can be agreed like Cannon was spirited away last season.
I can see O'Connell and McShane both leaving and Morley and Camps may both be targets as well.
As for last night; we match teams like Ipswich, Blackpool and Sunderland but just haven't got the cutting edge to beat them.
Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 08:28 - Nov 6 with 1127 viewsTVOS1907

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:26 - Nov 6 by James1980

Chances of being back on Sunday?

No idea.

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 08:29 - Nov 6 with 1126 viewsTVOS1907

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:30 - Nov 6 by ChaffRAFC

McShane walks gingerly when not subbed!

I’ll set them up....

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 08:32 - Nov 6 with 1119 viewsTVOS1907

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 07:44 - Nov 6 by EllDale

A couple of thoughts.
Will loanees like RND and Pyke be allowed to play this weekend by their parent clubs?
And I hate to keep banging on about this but I think that there will be movement in the squad in January but not for the right reasons.
We're vulnerable to raids for our better players in the window if an undisclosed fee can be agreed like Cannon was spirited away last season.
I can see O'Connell and McShane both leaving and Morley and Camps may both be targets as well.
As for last night; we match teams like Ipswich, Blackpool and Sunderland but just haven't got the cutting edge to beat them.

RND and Pyke are on loan for the season, so, yes, they can play, as they did in the Carabao Cup.

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 08:57 - Nov 6 with 1086 viewstony_roch975

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 04:53 - Nov 6 by richfoad32

If that is the case, it shouldn't be. It's Wrexham we're playing, not West Ham. The league is our bread and butter and whilst I think we should have enough about us to stay up, the fact we look completely toothless up top is worrying. I just don't see it with Pyke, he doesn't win many headers and looks tentative and half arsed most of the time. People criticise Done on here, but at least he gets himself in position to have a go occasionally.

I thought O'Connell was immense tonight, he won't be long for Dale unfortunately.

Pyke won more headers than any other attacker (over a dozen) & had one of the only two shots on target!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 10:13 - Nov 6 with 982 viewsD_Alien

Match Preview: Dale v Ipswich on 08:57 - Nov 6 by tony_roch975

Pyke won more headers than any other attacker (over a dozen) & had one of the only two shots on target!

Hendo, Done & Camps all had shots on target in the first half alone

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024