Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Wycombe Away 10:52 - Jan 16 with 25494 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 16th Jan 2020 10:46
Dale return to league action after our FA Cup exploits at Newcastle in midweek with a trip down to high flyers Wycombe Wanderers. 0

Played For Both: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 16th Jan 2020 18:00
Our latest “Played For Both” see us take a look back at a former Daley and a former Chairboy. 0

Refwatch: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 17th Jan 2020 14:00
Craig Hicks is the man in the middle when Dale travel to Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:28 - Jan 19 with 2300 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 16:05 - Jan 19 by richfoad32

I think there were rumours that a League 2 club wanted him on loan last season but his wages were a stumbling block, so I'm sure he would've continued to find employment in the EFL at the end of his first contract had we released him. His goalscoring record has always been appalling yet he's managed to eke out a 16 year ongoing career, he'd have been bombed out long ago if he was simply 'shite'. He surely must offer summat intangible that most are unable to see, as his services have constantly been in demand by people who know far more about football than you or I.

He was touted around clubs by Hill for a permanent transfer but his wages were a stumbling block.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:35 - Jan 19 with 2288 viewstodmordendale

As someone said earlier, a plus point is having Lunch in goal as back up keeper.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:38 - Jan 19 with 2269 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:35 - Jan 19 by todmordendale

As someone said earlier, a plus point is having Lunch in goal as back up keeper.

A few sandwiches short of a picnic?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:40 - Jan 19 with 2273 viewstodmordendale

Doesn’t seem to get himself in a pickle with the fannying around at the back
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:39 - Jan 19 with 2092 viewsEllDale

Never mind all this talk about Calvin; does anyone know why a striker that we signed on Wednesday didn’t feature yesterday?
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:44 - Jan 19 with 2079 viewsJames1980

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:39 - Jan 19 by EllDale

Never mind all this talk about Calvin; does anyone know why a striker that we signed on Wednesday didn’t feature yesterday?

Isn't he suffering from a stubbed toe?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 20:01 - Jan 19 with 2035 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:28 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

He was touted around clubs by Hill for a permanent transfer but his wages were a stumbling block.

I may have my timings all wrong here but Hill touting him around to other clubs must have come pretty soon after he offered him the contract extension. Without a pre arranged agreement triggering the contract extension, which hasn’t been reported, why would he offer him the extension? We surely weren’t hoping to get a fee?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 20:02]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 20:28 - Jan 19 with 1984 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 20:01 - Jan 19 by BigDaveMyCock

I may have my timings all wrong here but Hill touting him around to other clubs must have come pretty soon after he offered him the contract extension. Without a pre arranged agreement triggering the contract extension, which hasn’t been reported, why would he offer him the extension? We surely weren’t hoping to get a fee?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 20:02]

No fee. He was wanted off the books. Alleged to be on £2k a week according to one agent, hence why nobody took him on.

EDIT: Just checked back and it was December 17, 2018, I was told this.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 20:37]

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 20:55 - Jan 19 with 1932 viewsTVOS1907

As announced by the manager on the official website on Thursday, he's not due to join the squad until tomorrow.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/bbm_on_tylersmith/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 20:56 - Jan 19 with 1927 viewsscarrow

Interviews said he wasn't joining up with the club until Monday

Poll: Final position

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:01 - Jan 19 with 1919 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 20:28 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

No fee. He was wanted off the books. Alleged to be on £2k a week according to one agent, hence why nobody took him on.

EDIT: Just checked back and it was December 17, 2018, I was told this.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 20:37]

That makes the decision to offer him an extension baffling.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:06 - Jan 19 with 1899 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:01 - Jan 19 by BigDaveMyCock

That makes the decision to offer him an extension baffling.

Not sure of the timeline either, but it's possible that something pretty significant occurred between the contract extension and the decision to try and offload him. There were significant movements in the club hierarchy around that time

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:10 - Jan 19 with 1886 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:06 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Not sure of the timeline either, but it's possible that something pretty significant occurred between the contract extension and the decision to try and offload him. There were significant movements in the club hierarchy around that time

Indeed.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:29 - Jan 19 with 1856 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:06 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Indeed, indeed. I suppose the bafflement derives from the fact that the previous regime were, bar a a loosening of the purse strings at the beginning of last season, not known for their profligacy. Did they lose that prudence with Hill and did a decision such as this play a part in the change?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:42 - Jan 19 with 1825 viewskiwidale

On the subject of recent strikers who couldn't hit a barn from the inside... Andrew or Donnelly?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 22:20]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 1816 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:29 - Jan 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Indeed, indeed. I suppose the bafflement derives from the fact that the previous regime were, bar a a loosening of the purse strings at the beginning of last season, not known for their profligacy. Did they lose that prudence with Hill and did a decision such as this play a part in the change?

I suspect so, but without having (or particularly wanting) an inside track into these matters, there may have been a number of factors involved, of which the financing of the late-era KH squad would be a major one; a catalyst, as it were

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 00:54 - Jan 20 with 1687 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 20:25 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

I'll decide whether I'm outraged by the comments, not you.

Accusing a 17 year old professional footballer of 'throwing' a football match is a pretty abysmal and disgusting thing to allege. You may not agree. Tough.

He didn't accuse him of throwing a football match, he said "threw the point". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that he meant Mathesons decision to dive in cost us a point, which is what happened.

Snowflake.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 00:56 - Jan 20 with 1684 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 21:42 - Jan 19 by kiwidale

On the subject of recent strikers who couldn't hit a barn from the inside... Andrew or Donnelly?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 22:20]

Andrew is far better than donnelly. Though that isn't saying much.

Dogshit was well.. Dogshit

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 11:27 - Jan 20 with 1552 views49thseason

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 00:56 - Jan 20 by sweetcorn

Andrew is far better than donnelly. Though that isn't saying much.

Dogshit was well.. Dogshit

If the standard is 1 in 12 , its not a very high bar but at least Donnelly made a nuisance of himself and thereby created opportunities for others.
Its hard to believe that there are not strikers in much lower leagues who could improve on 1 in 12 , as our encounters with Wrexham and Boston seemed to prove. There are also a number of experience strikers with much better scoring records currently out of work, which isnt to say they would fit in or be fit enough to make an immediate start, but wouldnt it be great to find a proper partner for Henderson,? How many goals might he have scored playing alongside a better footballer over the
last few years?
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 16:05 - Jan 20 with 1402 viewsParkinsGimp

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:35 - Jan 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

Calvin should never have been signed to start with, I still have no idea why he was, he is basically a shit non goal scoring Andy Morris.

Luke at least cares and is a bloody good player, I assume a lot of people here played Sunday league football, I first played at 17 at right back vs a certain Simon Holden, he had more supports on than I had ever seen, I had the pace to run him about and after 10 minutes or so he left his foot in, I then did the same a few minutes later, he said do that again and you won’t be playing at 20.

He ran me ragged with experience after that, in fairness nice guy and got me training with Stalybridge.

At 17 though a seasoned pro will run a young lad all over, but he is far better than magloire, who tried to push the winger to the corner, thinking his pace would get him out of trouble, Luke made himself big and waited for support vs Newcastle.

He is a bloody great player but due to necessity being played too often, that’s the boards fault

I did say Andrew was S"ite when we signed him . I was amazed when KJH gave him a contract extension, seeing how crud he was... and that he is still with us. I used to get slaughtered for my opinion of the useless article. I'm sure we could of got rid of him for gross misconduct when he assaulted a fellow profession on the pitch , when he wasnt looking, how snidey is that?
Hope the moings keep singing , "he scores when he wants" just shows how stupid they really are!!!
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:31 - Jan 20 with 1220 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 16:05 - Jan 20 by ParkinsGimp

I did say Andrew was S"ite when we signed him . I was amazed when KJH gave him a contract extension, seeing how crud he was... and that he is still with us. I used to get slaughtered for my opinion of the useless article. I'm sure we could of got rid of him for gross misconduct when he assaulted a fellow profession on the pitch , when he wasnt looking, how snidey is that?
Hope the moings keep singing , "he scores when he wants" just shows how stupid they really are!!!

The problem is PG a decent Sunday morning pub player would score more than Calvin, cock and magpie, Dicken green etc back in the early 90’s had strikers better than Calvin, the much maligned dogshit was involved in our promotion season, had a better goal scoring record than Calvin and was a pain in the arse for defenders, just because nobody, including George knew what was going to happen next.

Calvin might be a lovely bloke but he is a shite goalscorer, that’s it.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:37 - Jan 20 with 1205 views442Dale

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:31 - Jan 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

The problem is PG a decent Sunday morning pub player would score more than Calvin, cock and magpie, Dicken green etc back in the early 90’s had strikers better than Calvin, the much maligned dogshit was involved in our promotion season, had a better goal scoring record than Calvin and was a pain in the arse for defenders, just because nobody, including George knew what was going to happen next.

Calvin might be a lovely bloke but he is a shite goalscorer, that’s it.

Once more, Calvin Andrew has been a good servant for Dale, albeit he has had a real drop in form over the last couple of years. There is literally no argument when it comes to rewriting the past when he was a vital part of a squad that was finishing in the top half of this division.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:07 - Jan 20 with 1150 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:37 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Once more, Calvin Andrew has been a good servant for Dale, albeit he has had a real drop in form over the last couple of years. There is literally no argument when it comes to rewriting the past when he was a vital part of a squad that was finishing in the top half of this division.

I’m not sure if you’re the same person but I recall a game against Northampton(?) years ago. I was sat with my mate in the willbutts (unusually the club had given half the stand to dale that day). We had a big lad up front (possibly Iyseden Christie) who was about as mobile as tin bath in a swamp. The 2 of us were bemoaning his lack of movement when a bloke sat with his son behind us came up with the classic -
“He’s not there to score goals, he’s there to bring other people into the game.”
When we stopped laughing we explained that if you play as a centre forward you ARE there to score goals & if you’re not capable then you shouldn’t be in the bloody team!! He’s a lovely lad but I’m afraid that Calvin falls straight into the cows arse & banjo category.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:09 - Jan 20 with 1139 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 16:05 - Jan 20 by ParkinsGimp

The problem is PG it's hard to know when your opinions are genuine since you seem to have a negative one of every single player to have ever played for us.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:16 - Jan 20 with 1101 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:07 - Jan 20 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I’m not sure if you’re the same person but I recall a game against Northampton(?) years ago. I was sat with my mate in the willbutts (unusually the club had given half the stand to dale that day). We had a big lad up front (possibly Iyseden Christie) who was about as mobile as tin bath in a swamp. The 2 of us were bemoaning his lack of movement when a bloke sat with his son behind us came up with the classic -
“He’s not there to score goals, he’s there to bring other people into the game.”
When we stopped laughing we explained that if you play as a centre forward you ARE there to score goals & if you’re not capable then you shouldn’t be in the bloody team!! He’s a lovely lad but I’m afraid that Calvin falls straight into the cows arse & banjo category.

The thing is, you can be there to bring other players into the game and still be an effective player. Clive Platt ended his spell at Dale with 30 goals in 172 games, which isn't too far away from Calvin's current record of 24 in 174. Yet Platt wasn't met with the same disdain as Calvin is because of what he brought to the team and because of the foil he provided for the other, more prolific attackers who played off him like Paul Connor and Kevin Townson.

If Andrew did more of this, I wouldn't even really mind him going 48 games without a goal - the problem is, he does nothing of the sort anymore and then when he does get the chances you have absolutely zero faith in him finishing them, making that goal record even more embarrassing.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024