Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry 13:10 - Feb 20 with 23205 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale vs Coventry 20th Feb 2020 13:08
After what feels like an age following last weekend's postponement, Dale return to action with a home fixture against high-flying Coventry on Saturday afternoon. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 09:45 - Feb 22 with 3539 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 09:28 - Feb 22 by DaleiLama

Enjoy your time in the posh seats James!

Thank you I will do my best to talk proper like no, glottall stops an wha av you

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 09:52 - Feb 22 with 3490 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 09:45 - Feb 22 by James1980

Thank you I will do my best to talk proper like no, glottall stops an wha av you

yer, James, yer

Well done the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 14:32 - Feb 22 with 3166 views442Dale

Coventry wearing their home kit.

What is wrong with the game?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 14:33 - Feb 22 with 3166 viewsboromat

Some statement starting Baah!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 15:11 - Feb 22 with 3016 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 14:33 - Feb 22 by boromat

Sanchez fault 🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 15:15 - Feb 22 with 2976 viewsDaleFan7

15 mins gone and we havent touched the ball in their half.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 15:53 - Feb 22 with 2739 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 14:33 - Feb 22 by boromat

Indeed.

Very poor start again but we've grown in to it. Still looking out of sorts at the back and Cov have come close a few times. If we can stay in this we might just be able to nick something as they are letting us in.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:08 - Feb 22 with 2584 viewsDalenet

Baah looked knackered after 20 minutes. Why was he on if unwell?
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:38 - Feb 22 with 2419 viewsfitzochris

There is something extremely irritating about the style of football we are trying to play.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:39 - Feb 22 with 2401 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:38 - Feb 22 by fitzochris

There is something extremely irritating about the style of football we are trying to play.

And then we try the more direct approach and score. Funny that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:41 - Feb 22 with 2390 viewsDale23years

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:38 - Feb 22 by fitzochris

BBM needs to stop thinking he's Pep and man city.
Not a lot of home fans today should be a concern to the board and it's down to the style BBM plays

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:52 - Feb 22 with 2313 viewsoddjob007

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:41 - Feb 22 by Dale23years

BBM needs to stop thinking he's Pep and man city.
Not a lot of home fans today should be a concern to the board and it's down to the style BBM plays

I would think it’s more to do with the weather than anything..
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:02 - Feb 22 with 2238 viewssince58

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:52 - Feb 22 by oddjob007

Yeah right.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:06 - Feb 22 with 2189 viewsD_Alien

I've only ever left early once before, but when we handed them their second goal i'd seen enough. Apparently we scored just as i got outside, but i wasn't in the least bothered, and wouldn't have been if we'd gone on to grab an undeserved point

At the forum, the positive vibe included quite a few references from the top table about wanting to put attractive football on for the fans. Today was the low point of this experiment - because that's what it is. Coventry are a decent outfit and will likely go up, if not this season then next, but we simply handed them the points

Our start was non-existent - again. No impetus or attempt to take the game to the opposition, and at home that's simply unacceptable

Well done the club for getting the game on, but the entertainment value was zero. Something has got to change, it's become unwatchable

[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 17:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:11 - Feb 22 with 2143 views442Dale

We have got to start games at home, especially on this pitch, in the opposition’s half. Inviting pressure in our own third is getting ridiculous now.

It’s avoidable and easy to change; simply commit to playing the ball forward and pushing everyone thirty yards up the pitch.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:12 - Feb 22 with 2135 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:52 - Feb 22 by oddjob007

You honestly believe that ??

BBM negative, boring,dull tactics are the main issue.

Taking the wife to Debenhams and Next was probably more exciting than watching rochdale today.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:16 - Feb 22 with 2106 viewsDaleFan7

Midfield poor for me today.

Baah - out of position and never looked in it.
Dooley - as usual, every pass backwards & pushed off the ball to easily.
Ryan - everytime he got it he lost it, his attempts at long ball were abysmal, how he got MoM is beyond me.
Camps - barely touched it all game.

Lund had a fairly decent if not pedestrian game.

The better teams figure us out before we start and we dont adapt to it. Most teams just walk through our midfield onto our completely exposed defence.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:19 - Feb 22 with 2075 viewsbeat_the_bishop

80 minutes of football in our own half. Score a goal from the only direct bit of play we attempted. Looked shocked that we scored. Then reconvened and continued with the game plan which quite frankly is some of the least entertaining football I’ve ever watched.

Awful.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:24 - Feb 22 with 2043 viewsDalenet

Wasn't worth paying for the dome for us to be treated to that. Yes Coventry were decent but we gave it to them on a plate. Where is the passion from BBM on the touchline? The team is short of leaders. Why do we keep putting ourselves under so much defensive pressure. I am fed up watching games where we only compete for 15 minutes. Is anybody happy,
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:26 - Feb 22 with 2024 viewsDale23years

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:12 - Feb 22 by mightydale

You honestly believe that ??

BBM negative, boring,dull tactics are the main issue.

Taking the wife to Debenhams and Next was probably more exciting than watching rochdale today.

If rochdale fans are thinking like this, the board, the assistant manager, the manager, the coaches need to take a long hard look at our tactics,as we cant cant afford to lose fans especially to fcuking shopping.

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:27 - Feb 22 with 2014 viewsDale23years

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:24 - Feb 22 by Dalenet

Wasn't worth paying for the dome for us to be treated to that. Yes Coventry were decent but we gave it to them on a plate. Where is the passion from BBM on the touchline? The team is short of leaders. Why do we keep putting ourselves under so much defensive pressure. I am fed up watching games where we only compete for 15 minutes. Is anybody happy,

The board unfortunately

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:30 - Feb 22 with 1980 viewsNafelad

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:06 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

I've only ever left early once before, but when we handed them their second goal i'd seen enough. Apparently we scored just as i got outside, but i wasn't in the least bothered, and wouldn't have been if we'd gone on to grab an undeserved point

At the forum, the positive vibe included quite a few references from the top table about wanting to put attractive football on for the fans. Today was the low point of this experiment - because that's what it is. Coventry are a decent outfit and will likely go up, if not this season then next, but we simply handed them the points

Our start was non-existent - again. No impetus or attempt to take the game to the opposition, and at home that's simply unacceptable

Well done the club for getting the game on, but the entertainment value was zero. Something has got to change, it's become unwatchable

[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 17:10]

Totally agree. Sums up my own feelings about our performances recently.

Topcat

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:33 - Feb 22 with 1940 viewsBarrowdale

6 of us season ticket holders there today. None of us will be at the next match.
Simply awful pedestrian negative boring dross. Rather lose 3-0 and try than watch Mcshane and Matheson make 50+ back passes.
Completely hopeless
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:38 - Feb 22 with 1887 views1907

The tippy tappy bollocks football needs to stop. Now. It’s done. We are a league two club battling it out in league one. Let’s start acting like it.

BBM - there are lots of different formations, tactics and styles of play you could explore. How about we start trying different things instead of repeating the same things week in week out that we can all clearly see don’t work? Your stubbornness to change is bordering on Hill’s.

That was beyond ridiculous today.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:38 - Feb 22 with 1886 viewsDale23years

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:33 - Feb 22 by Barrowdale

6 of us season ticket holders there today. None of us will be at the next match.
Simply awful pedestrian negative boring dross. Rather lose 3-0 and try than watch Mcshane and Matheson make 50+ back passes.
Completely hopeless

Wonder how many season ticket holders are thinking this ?
And I wonder how many season ticket holders are thinking 'am not renewing my season ticket to watch this crap every week' ??.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024