Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry 13:10 - Feb 20 with 23204 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale vs Coventry 20th Feb 2020 13:08
After what feels like an age following last weekend's postponement, Dale return to action with a home fixture against high-flying Coventry on Saturday afternoon. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:41 - Feb 22 with 2650 viewssince58

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:38 - Feb 22 by Dale23years

Wonder how many season ticket holders are thinking this ?
And I wonder how many season ticket holders are thinking 'am not renewing my season ticket to watch this crap every week' ??.

After today ,the vast majority I would presume.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:43 - Feb 22 with 2638 viewsDaleFan7

And I wonder how many season ticket holders are thinking 'am not renewing my season ticket to watch this crap every week' ??.

If the prices increase then I'd guess just about enough to make sure that any extra profit that is made on the ones that are sold is offset by the lost revenue from the people not renewing.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:49 - Feb 22 with 2569 viewsD_Alien

Me included

There was talk of a membership scheme, which might differ from the traditional ST format. I'll wait and see what happens with that, but i can't watch 20-odd home games of capitulation

We have some decent players, but they must be getting fed up with being asked to bore the arse off the home fans

Thought Lund looked up to speed today, but Camps and Dooley were passengers. Camps might be excused after a layoff, but i'm absolutely certain we could've used Dooley's wage over the next 18 months to better effect

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:52 - Feb 22 with 2552 viewsfunkkk

Our play is about as inspiring as our manager. As, I assume, we are stuck with him let's hope he starts to see what the fans see before it's too late.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:01 - Feb 22 with 2476 viewsfirgrovedale51

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:33 - Feb 22 by Barrowdale

6 of us season ticket holders there today. None of us will be at the next match.
Simply awful pedestrian negative boring dross. Rather lose 3-0 and try than watch Mcshane and Matheson make 50+ back passes.
Completely hopeless

I also witnessed it today and yes it was horrible . When they play with high tempo they are a different team , a team that will worry most in that league.
MOM for me was easily Ryan
But for supporters to say they are not going again is pathetic,
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:17 - Feb 22 with 2370 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:01 - Feb 22 by firgrovedale51

I also witnessed it today and yes it was horrible . When they play with high tempo they are a different team , a team that will worry most in that league.
MOM for me was easily Ryan
But for supporters to say they are not going again is pathetic,

Why is it pathetic? Disappointing maybe. But have a word with yourself. Some people spend a fortune travelling to Rochdale to watch us. Me included. I presume Barrow Dale is the same. There comes a time when spending 6 hours travelling and £60 on petrol isn't worth it.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:34 - Feb 22 with 2230 viewsfirgrovedale51

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:17 - Feb 22 by Dalenet

Why is it pathetic? Disappointing maybe. But have a word with yourself. Some people spend a fortune travelling to Rochdale to watch us. Me included. I presume Barrow Dale is the same. There comes a time when spending 6 hours travelling and £60 on petrol isn't worth it.

If it is worth it when they play good then it is worth it when they play bad.
I also have spent a lot following Dale I may not go to a match because I can not afford it but not because they are not playing good .
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:36 - Feb 22 with 2217 viewsblackdogblue

On a sidetrack.. what new sub section of FA or Fifa rules state if the ball hits the referee and the team who did it gets a drop ball given back to them if it wasn’t to their advantage where the ball went??

Another stupid fooking rule & see the shortest route of the pitch when subbed has gone as well, I would ask for my fine back if I was Morley....

& PS, after 16 years, I will not be renewing 3 season tickets next year if they go up...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:36 - Feb 22 with 2220 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:49 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

Me included

There was talk of a membership scheme, which might differ from the traditional ST format. I'll wait and see what happens with that, but i can't watch 20-odd home games of capitulation

We have some decent players, but they must be getting fed up with being asked to bore the arse off the home fans

Thought Lund looked up to speed today, but Camps and Dooley were passengers. Camps might be excused after a layoff, but i'm absolutely certain we could've used Dooley's wage over the next 18 months to better effect

I actually thought camps was decent for a while first half, but we had Matheson and Baah camped out on the right but never receiving the ball despite acres of space. I I think it’s time for a new manager.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:38 - Feb 22 with 2195 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:34 - Feb 22 by firgrovedale51

If it is worth it when they play good then it is worth it when they play bad.
I also have spent a lot following Dale I may not go to a match because I can not afford it but not because they are not playing good .

That’s bollocks, we can all tolerate losing to a better team, but our tactics are surely designed to drive people away. We are shit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:41 - Feb 22 with 2153 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 16:52 - Feb 22 by oddjob007

I would think it’s more to do with the weather than anything..

It’s not

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:43 - Feb 22 with 2134 viewsdeeplishblue

Several sat near me not renewing. Including me. It's been bad enough for 3 years now but this year takes the biscuit.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:43 - Feb 22 with 2123 views442Dale

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:38 - Feb 22 by rochdaleriddler

That’s bollocks, we can all tolerate losing to a better team, but our tactics are surely designed to drive people away. We are shit

Thing is, I don’t think we are. Because when we do mix it up and look to go forward with a ball in behind we can cause issues to teams. The issue is how we are setting out from the kick-off. Make the other team defend with their defenders rather than their forwards.

Whatever happens, it can’t carry on like this week after week as it’s clearly not working and fans, rightly or wrongly, are being negatively affected.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:54 - Feb 22 with 2061 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:36 - Feb 22 by rochdaleriddler

I actually thought camps was decent for a while first half, but we had Matheson and Baah camped out on the right but never receiving the ball despite acres of space. I I think it’s time for a new manager.

How about a forum based collective in charge?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:57 - Feb 22 with 2036 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 17:38 - Feb 22 by 1907

The tippy tappy bollocks football needs to stop. Now. It’s done. We are a league two club battling it out in league one. Let’s start acting like it.

BBM - there are lots of different formations, tactics and styles of play you could explore. How about we start trying different things instead of repeating the same things week in week out that we can all clearly see don’t work? Your stubbornness to change is bordering on Hill’s.

That was beyond ridiculous today.

We aren’t a League Two club though. We haven’t been for 6 years. Our illustrious opponents today have been a League Two club more recently than we have.

I wish people would stop saying that. We’re a League One club. We’ve been a League One club for 6 years now and we’re here on merit. How about we start acting like that and stop being afraid to attack at home?

I do agree with your 2nd paragraph though.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:14]
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:59 - Feb 22 with 2028 viewsboromat

I'm surprised by the comments on here and elsewhere online. We've just gone 90 minutes with top of the league and we were always in the game.

We were also very good in spells during the second half and they looked worried.

The main mistake from BBM today was playing Baah. He's not got the stamina yet and on such a heavy pitch he couldn't handle it. There is a player there though and he probably should have scored that one chance he got.

The goals conceded were frustrating in both cases I think Sanchez should do better.

Edit: we also had 2 good shouts for handballs in the box.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:03]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:02 - Feb 22 with 2008 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:54 - Feb 22 by James1980

How about a forum based collective in charge?

Worryingly, when Baah went off he was clutching his chest and was followed quickly down the tunnel by the doctor. He, in turn, indicated to someone upstairs, by gripping his chest.

I hope the kid is OK, but it idid look a bit of a worry. He was struggling to keep and clearly had a problem.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:14 - Feb 22 with 1921 viewsfirgrovedale51

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:38 - Feb 22 by rochdaleriddler

No you are getting nixed up it's you that is bollocks.
I don't like how we are playing but i wil support them through thick and thin and have done so for many years.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:21 - Feb 22 with 1876 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:14 - Feb 22 by firgrovedale51

No you are getting nixed up it's you that is bollocks.
I don't like how we are playing but i wil support them through thick and thin and have done so for many years.

So have I, your point is? I said our style of play will drive folk away, you disagree with that?

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:22 - Feb 22 with 1871 viewsBarrowdale

And its great if you want to carry on. I’ll be fed up every saturday next season if I’m not there but it is genuinely boring. Losing is not the issue. Watching that drivel really is. Just change the style and have a go. What happened to “no fear”?
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:24 - Feb 22 with 1859 viewsVivaDonaldo

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:02 - Feb 22 by SuddenLad

Worryingly, when Baah went off he was clutching his chest and was followed quickly down the tunnel by the doctor. He, in turn, indicated to someone upstairs, by gripping his chest.

I hope the kid is OK, but it idid look a bit of a worry. He was struggling to keep and clearly had a problem.

Been hearing a lot on here about fans moaning about a lack of investment in the team, yet seeing some fans threaten not to renew their season tickets also?

We're one of the cheapest season tickets in the country and with our crowds that's no mean feat. The manager is trying to play champagne football on a lemonade budget and in a league where almost all teams are quaffing the Dom Perignon!

I think this close season could be a transformative one, new pitch coming, change in the playing squad (hopefully continuing our manager's excellent recruitment record) and another year in league 1 (likely). Is this really the time for people to be jumping ship?

Ultimately it's a personal decision for those people and their own circumstances and thoughts, but for me I can't fathom giving up coming to home games.
Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:26 - Feb 22 with 1841 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:59 - Feb 22 by boromat

I'm surprised by the comments on here and elsewhere online. We've just gone 90 minutes with top of the league and we were always in the game.

We were also very good in spells during the second half and they looked worried.

The main mistake from BBM today was playing Baah. He's not got the stamina yet and on such a heavy pitch he couldn't handle it. There is a player there though and he probably should have scored that one chance he got.

The goals conceded were frustrating in both cases I think Sanchez should do better.

Edit: we also had 2 good shouts for handballs in the box.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:03]

The pitch wasn’t heavy. Sanchez was poor. They were not great, we were poor

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:26 - Feb 22 with 1840 viewsmikehunt

I can’t remember the last time we were pinned back in our own half for so long. Best part of 70 mins. Their line across the halfway line was like an invisible force field.
Now, I get that we didn’t want to loft the ball because of the wind but, jeez! Not one of us wanted to or had the ability to run at them. So fanny around we were forced to do until the inevitable happened. Then Alby came on and we made a fist of it. So work it out.
As others have said, we have to start, flying at the opposition. Nearly every game, we start ponderously and end up giving ourselves a mountain to climb. It really is frustrating.

And I thought the opposition had another, how shall I put it, sympathetic ref. Not the worst but still erring on their side imo.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:28]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:29 - Feb 22 with 1815 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:02 - Feb 22 by SuddenLad

There was an ambulance parked over at the corner of the Pearl St, behind where the police box is, and several stewards/firstaiders went running in that direction

Thought it might be someone in the crowd - surely not Baah?

[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 19:30 - Feb 22 with 1812 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 18:43 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

Thing is, I don’t think we are. Because when we do mix it up and look to go forward with a ball in behind we can cause issues to teams. The issue is how we are setting out from the kick-off. Make the other team defend with their defenders rather than their forwards.

Whatever happens, it can’t carry on like this week after week as it’s clearly not working and fans, rightly or wrongly, are being negatively affected.

Yep but every week is the same

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024