Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man U youngsters 11:14 - Sep 27 with 16033 viewsboromat

Next up on Tuesday is the EFL Trophy game.

Should imagine all three substitutes will start as they need game time and count as playing in the previous match. Beesley probably needs minutes as well and might play. I'm expecting something like the following and looking forward to it. Chance for some of the players to show they're ready for more minutes in the first team. Real chance for them with us being short on numbers.

Lynch
Keohane
O'Connell
McNulty
Dunne
Dooley
Brierley
Hopper
Tavares
Beesley
Bradley

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Man U youngsters on 21:49 - Sep 29 with 2484 viewsNigeriamark

Man U youngsters on 21:48 - Sep 29 by Nigeriamark

4-4 after regulation pens. Sudden death

Lost 5-4 on pens. Hopper had his pen saved

Pity. I think whoever wins in the Dale/Salford game goes through
Man U youngsters on 21:50 - Sep 29 with 2481 viewsSuddenLad

Again

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Man U youngsters on 21:50 - Sep 29 with 2458 viewsboromat

Well we lost the pens but what a game!!

Really enjoyed that, some great performances and valuable minutes for some of the fringe players. Keohane was brilliant again and McLaughlin wouldn't get in at the minute for me.

Man U youngsters on 21:51 - Sep 29 with 2431 viewsfitzochris

Man U youngsters on 20:57 - Sep 29 by judd

Morley missed a pen

So good he missed it twice.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Man U youngsters on 21:52 - Sep 29 with 2385 viewsdingdangblue

Man U youngsters on 21:49 - Sep 29 by Nigeriamark

Lost 5-4 on pens. Hopper had his pen saved

Pity. I think whoever wins in the Dale/Salford game goes through

If Utd beat Morecambe or possibly even draw they are through - they are top on 5 points.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Man U youngsters on 21:54 - Sep 29 with 2335 viewsShun

Man U youngsters on 21:50 - Sep 29 by boromat

Really enjoyed that, some great performances and valuable minutes for some of the fringe players. Keohane was brilliant again and McLaughlin wouldn't get in at the minute for me.

Who would you have at LB?
Man U youngsters on 21:55 - Sep 29 with 2330 viewsNigeriamark

Man U youngsters on 21:52 - Sep 29 by dingdangblue

If Utd beat Morecambe or possibly even draw they are through - they are top on 5 points.

Is it only top? I thought it was also second place
Man U youngsters on 21:55 - Sep 29 with 2300 viewsTVOS1907

Man U youngsters on 21:52 - Sep 29 by dingdangblue

... along with whoever wins Dale v Salford, or Dale if that's a draw.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Man U youngsters on 21:57 - Sep 29 with 2271 viewsD_Alien

Man U youngsters on 21:55 - Sep 29 by TVOS1907

... along with whoever wins Dale v Salford, or Dale if that's a draw.

So that won't go to penalties, just the full-time result?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Man U youngsters on 21:59 - Sep 29 with 2232 viewsrichfoad32

Man U youngsters on 21:50 - Sep 29 by boromat

I thought Elanga gave Keohane a torrid time in the first half but to be fair he probably would've given McLaughlin the run around as well. I was really impressed with Done but there's really nobody you can say didn't acquit themselves well. Lots to be positive about,
Man U youngsters on 22:03 - Sep 29 with 2182 viewsTVOS1907

Man U youngsters on 21:57 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

So that won't go to penalties, just the full-time result?

Good point, it would go to penalties, so Salford could get an extra point (if they won on pens), which would put them and us on five each.

The rules and regs need to be looked up then, unless they are using goal difference, which would send us through since Salford got stuffed by United.

Man U youngsters on 22:09 - Sep 29 with 2111 viewsdingdangblue

Man U youngsters on 21:55 - Sep 29 by Nigeriamark

Is it only top? I thought it was also second place

Ah yes, so if we avoid defeat over 90mins with Salford we will be through.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 22:10]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Man U youngsters on 22:11 - Sep 29 with 2089 viewsD_Alien

Man U youngsters on 22:09 - Sep 29 by dingdangblue

Ah yes, so if we avoid defeat over 90mins with Salford we will be through.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 22:10]

Not quite...

Man U youngsters on 22:16 - Sep 29 with 2056 viewsboromat

Man U youngsters on 21:54 - Sep 29 by Shun

Who would you have at LB?

There's only really Done isn't there but I reckon he's played as well at left back as McLaughlin has at right back. Keohane however has improved since moving to right back.

So as it stands Keohane and Done for me at the minute until we get a left back in and/or McLaughlin can find enough fitness to put a string of games together.

Man U youngsters on 22:17 - Sep 29 with 2039 viewsTVOS1907

Man U youngsters on 22:11 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Not quite...

Goal difference it is, so avoid defeat and we are through regardless of what happens in the penalties.

https://www.efl.com/efl-trophy/the-competition/rules/

Man U youngsters on 22:23 - Sep 29 with 2010 viewsD_Alien

Man U youngsters on 22:17 - Sep 29 by TVOS1907

Goal difference it is, so avoid defeat and we are through regardless of what happens in the penalties.

https://www.efl.com/efl-trophy/the-competition/rules/

Excellent digging

I've really not bothered to look at whatever the rules & regs are this year, but there's a bit riding on that Salford game now

Man U youngsters on 22:30 - Sep 29 with 1981 viewsShun

Morley misses a penalty.
Man U youngsters on 22:35 - Sep 29 with 1957 viewsSalegraham

Hannibal cost Utd TEN MILLION POUNDS,
Man U youngsters on 08:10 - Sep 30 with 1526 views442Dale

Man U youngsters on 22:35 - Sep 29 by Salegraham

Hannibal cost Utd TEN MILLION POUNDS,

How much for Murdock?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Man U youngsters on 09:06 - Sep 30 with 1411 viewsfitzochris

Man U youngsters on 08:10 - Sep 30 by 442Dale

How much for Murdock?

Crazy fools.

Man U youngsters on 09:45 - Sep 30 with 1332 viewsdawlishdale

Back on topic.

Thoroughly entertaining game, as are most of these EFL Trophy fixtures. I feared the worst in the opening few minutes as United's kids threatened to run riot, but we stood strong, and created some decent chances of our own.
I've been critical of Keohane at full back, but last night, he played further forward and did really well. Surely BBM will have learned by watching that?
Brierley & Hopper were also excellent in midfield, whilst Morley had a good game at the back, covering for Jim who can't be considered for more than an emergency role now, such is his likelyhood to make stupid mistakes.

Thought Lynch looked good in nets, whilst Beesley put i decent shift in, and Done did much better than in the league,but looks to have lost confidence when faced with a shooting chance.

All in all, the lads can be very satisfied with last night, and hopefully, it will give them some confidence when we face a much stronger team on Saturday.
Man U youngsters on 10:07 - Sep 30 with 1283 viewsDalenet

Man U youngsters on 09:45 - Sep 30 by dawlishdale

Back on topic.

Thoroughly entertaining game, as are most of these EFL Trophy fixtures. I feared the worst in the opening few minutes as United's kids threatened to run riot, but we stood strong, and created some decent chances of our own.
I've been critical of Keohane at full back, but last night, he played further forward and did really well. Surely BBM will have learned by watching that?
Brierley & Hopper were also excellent in midfield, whilst Morley had a good game at the back, covering for Jim who can't be considered for more than an emergency role now, such is his likelyhood to make stupid mistakes.

Thought Lynch looked good in nets, whilst Beesley put i decent shift in, and Done did much better than in the league,but looks to have lost confidence when faced with a shooting chance.

All in all, the lads can be very satisfied with last night, and hopefully, it will give them some confidence when we face a much stronger team on Saturday.

Agree with all of that. Keohane was excellent I thought and his crosses were pretty accurate. Pleasing to see the talent of the youngsters and Lynch handled everything thrown at him. Very encouraging for the future

The Man Utd players must learn to respect the ref though. We were physical when needed but played the ball on the floor on an excellent pitch.

One observation. Just how loud was Sweetmore - you couldn't hear the commentary team over him. Why was he needed in an empty stadium?
Man U youngsters on 10:12 - Sep 30 with 1267 viewskel

Man U youngsters on 10:07 - Sep 30 by Dalenet

Agree with all of that. Keohane was excellent I thought and his crosses were pretty accurate. Pleasing to see the talent of the youngsters and Lynch handled everything thrown at him. Very encouraging for the future

The Man Utd players must learn to respect the ref though. We were physical when needed but played the ball on the floor on an excellent pitch.

One observation. Just how loud was Sweetmore - you couldn't hear the commentary team over him. Why was he needed in an empty stadium?

Well at least we got to hear the album version of love is the law by the seahorses for the millionth fookin time at ht.
Man U youngsters on 10:13 - Sep 30 with 1261 viewsfitzochris

Man U youngsters on 10:07 - Sep 30 by Dalenet

He was interviewed by Andy Mitten for the United We Stand publication last night. I do agree it's very odd that music is being played to an all but empty stadium. I can also understand why supporters might feel aggrieved that, while they are not allowed in, certain other people are.

Man U youngsters on 10:15 - Sep 30 with 1258 viewsboromat

Man U youngsters on 21:59 - Sep 29 by richfoad32

I thought Elanga gave Keohane a torrid time in the first half but to be fair he probably would've given McLaughlin the run around as well. I was really impressed with Done but there's really nobody you can say didn't acquit themselves well. Lots to be positive about,

Elanga's pace in the first half was frightening and yes he got to that byline time and time again. Jimmy had no chance but did what he could, kept on his feet and didn't bring him down. Guys in the middle defended those cut backs very well. I'm not sure if we'd trained for it or if their central strikers were poor. Second half it felt like Elanga had ran out of steam.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024