Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£250 million bailout 16:52 - Oct 11 with 7770 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

BBC sport reports prem league proposals for potential financial bailout with strings attached. Don’t think it’ll affect Dale too much but can see some prem & championship clubs being extremely unhappy. Sorry can’t post a link if anyone else is able to?
£250 million bailout on 17:08 - Oct 11 with 5537 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

Bad news for the smaller premiershite clubs but could be good news financially for the League 1 & 2 clubs.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

£250 million bailout on 17:10 - Oct 11 with 5533 viewsDalenet

As I read it we would lose the League Cup forever ..... a competition that has generated quite a bit of revenue for us in recent times. But if the EFL needs the money up front - of which £100m is said to be a gift then that is the price to be paid. The Championship would take a good proportion of this so Dale might get somewhere around £1m. Not clear whether this replaces the current TV monies or is in addition to it. Just says that 25% of PL revenue will be distributed in the future. And no parachute payments in the future would reduce the chance of a demoted team bouncing back.

As ever the devil will be in the detail
£250 million bailout on 17:18 - Oct 11 with 5501 viewsNigeriamark

Depend what all the strings are. In a podcast I posted earlier one proposal is that support to teams like the Dale for academies is scrapped & the PL controls development of young players ( i.e they want first refusal on all talented youngsters so they don't pay transfer fees later). Would be a disaster for us as well as the youngsters who never get through the PL academies, but could have been late developers.
£250 million bailout on 17:42 - Oct 11 with 5450 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

£250 million bailout on 17:08 - Oct 11 by Toffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

Bad news for the smaller premiershite clubs but could be good news financially for the League 1 & 2 clubs.

Cheers Toffee
£250 million bailout on 17:50 - Oct 11 with 5430 viewsdale1968

Decent Article Here
https://news.sky.com/story/premier-leagues-major-clubs-propose-shrinking-top-fli

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

£250 million bailout on 18:31 - Oct 11 with 5357 viewsJames1980

£250 million bailout on 17:18 - Oct 11 by Nigeriamark

Depend what all the strings are. In a podcast I posted earlier one proposal is that support to teams like the Dale for academies is scrapped & the PL controls development of young players ( i.e they want first refusal on all talented youngsters so they don't pay transfer fees later). Would be a disaster for us as well as the youngsters who never get through the PL academies, but could have been late developers.

So do Premier League fund EFL academies now other than purchasing players that have come through them?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

£250 million bailout on 18:37 - Oct 11 with 5334 viewsD_Alien

One thing not mentioned is how reducing the premier league to 18 clubs would have a knock-on effect on numbers relegated from Championship, L1 & L2

Inevitably, there will be more teams relegated from each of these divisions, and it could for instance mean up to 6 clubs being relegated from L1

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£250 million bailout on 18:47 - Oct 11 with 5319 viewsboromat

There's been mention of a new playoff competition that includes both premier League and championship teams. Just another way to make it more likely that teams stay in the top league.

I've not seen all the details but it sounds like a very short sighted proposal rather than a long term sustainable model. Hope the EFL clubs do all their due diligence as it sounds like the EFL themselves will accept the first thing offered to them.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 19:52]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

£250 million bailout on 19:37 - Oct 11 with 5229 viewsmacro

£250 million bailout on 18:37 - Oct 11 by D_Alien

One thing not mentioned is how reducing the premier league to 18 clubs would have a knock-on effect on numbers relegated from Championship, L1 & L2

Inevitably, there will be more teams relegated from each of these divisions, and it could for instance mean up to 6 clubs being relegated from L1

Other option could end up being

18 Prem

20 in 4 leagues

so 98 clubs instead of 92
£250 million bailout on 20:40 - Oct 11 with 5126 viewsNigeriamark

£250 million bailout on 18:31 - Oct 11 by James1980

So do Premier League fund EFL academies now other than purchasing players that have come through them?

I forgot the name, but yes there is a fund that is paid to clubs like Rochdale to help pay for the academy.
£250 million bailout on 21:05 - Oct 11 with 5104 viewsJames1980

£250 million bailout on 20:40 - Oct 11 by Nigeriamark

I forgot the name, but yes there is a fund that is paid to clubs like Rochdale to help pay for the academy.

So short term clubs like Rochdale would benefit, long term it would be a massive loss.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

£250 million bailout on 21:15 - Oct 11 with 5075 viewsD_Alien

£250 million bailout on 19:37 - Oct 11 by macro

Other option could end up being

18 Prem

20 in 4 leagues

so 98 clubs instead of 92

It's possible, but i think it unlikely there'd be an increase in the number of full-time professional clubs, given the state of football finances

If anything, what emerges will likely lead to a reduction in those numbers, with more going semi-pro

Plus, reducing the number of league games per division from 46 to 38, along with the loss of the League Cup, would mean a considerable reduction in gate income adding even more pressure on finances

£250 million bailout on 21:36 - Oct 11 with 5041 viewspioneer

£250 million bailout on 21:15 - Oct 11 by D_Alien

It's possible, but i think it unlikely there'd be an increase in the number of full-time professional clubs, given the state of football finances

If anything, what emerges will likely lead to a reduction in those numbers, with more going semi-pro

Plus, reducing the number of league games per division from 46 to 38, along with the loss of the League Cup, would mean a considerable reduction in gate income adding even more pressure on finances

Reduce the number of subs....paying an increasing number of players to do nothing (on game day)
£250 million bailout on 10:08 - Oct 12 with 4721 viewsheywooddale

£250 million bailout on 17:18 - Oct 11 by Nigeriamark

The Elite Player Performance Programme already effectively did this job when it turn removed the arbitrated compensation that clubs needed to pay to smaller clubs and replaced it with much smaller flat payments based on Academy and year of training provided and also the 90 mile radius for club to pull academy players from. The only reason FL clubs signed up to is was for guaranteed funding to academies.
It's just more attempts to hoard players by Prem Clubs, there was a proposal this week by one of the Man City Execs about B-Teams in the EFL to replace any clubs that go out of business, because the jump between Academy football and full professional football is too much of a jump.

I means they could just not hoard players, allow them to go through other clubs youth system's and get game time at a younger age meaning they have experience and can cope better with full time football, but thats just me and my crazy ideas!
£250 million bailout on 11:10 - Oct 12 with 4631 viewsBillyRudd

£250 million bailout on 10:08 - Oct 12 by heywooddale

The Elite Player Performance Programme already effectively did this job when it turn removed the arbitrated compensation that clubs needed to pay to smaller clubs and replaced it with much smaller flat payments based on Academy and year of training provided and also the 90 mile radius for club to pull academy players from. The only reason FL clubs signed up to is was for guaranteed funding to academies.
It's just more attempts to hoard players by Prem Clubs, there was a proposal this week by one of the Man City Execs about B-Teams in the EFL to replace any clubs that go out of business, because the jump between Academy football and full professional football is too much of a jump.

I means they could just not hoard players, allow them to go through other clubs youth system's and get game time at a younger age meaning they have experience and can cope better with full time football, but thats just me and my crazy ideas!

I have watched Dale for 55 years now and in that time the only four (off the top of my head) changes in the game that have actually increased my enthusiasm for the game and added to match day excitement have been....
3 points for a win
Play-offs
Being unable to pass back to the goal keeper
Automatic promotion to the Football League

I recognise that survival is more of an imperative than excitement at the moment but it does,nt auger well, especially as money talks and the PL will inevitably be calling the shots.
With regard to the idea of Premiership B teams within the pyramid, I cannot think of anything less likely to make me part with my gate money.
£250 million bailout on 11:47 - Oct 12 with 4551 viewsjudd

Fan led review of football governance?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/premier-league-warned-football-fa

Poll: What is it to be then?

£250 million bailout on 12:13 - Oct 12 with 4506 viewsD_Alien

£250 million bailout on 11:47 - Oct 12 by judd

Fan led review of football governance?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/premier-league-warned-football-fa

That's something that will have passed well under most people's radar, but at least this particular minister seems to have his eye on the ball. Whether that translates into effective reform, and the separation of football governance from financial bullying is another matter

£250 million bailout on 12:23 - Oct 12 with 4483 viewselectricblue

What isnt in the details is seasonal compensation for the EFL if the League cup is to be sacrificed so be prem can get richer and the rest poorer....

I would like to see a seasonal revenue increase for the efl teams and i dont mean £100k either more like £250k for each league one team additional to what is recieved today.....
Then maybe it is worth considering......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

£250 million bailout on 13:01 - Oct 12 with 4439 viewsjudd

£250 million bailout on 12:13 - Oct 12 by D_Alien

That's something that will have passed well under most people's radar, but at least this particular minister seems to have his eye on the ball. Whether that translates into effective reform, and the separation of football governance from financial bullying is another matter

I guess we'd have to trawl through the manifesto from the last election to see what they mean.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£250 million bailout on 13:24 - Oct 12 with 4398 viewsD_Alien

£250 million bailout on 13:01 - Oct 12 by judd

I guess we'd have to trawl through the manifesto from the last election to see what they mean.

Not sure even that'd be informative, but at least any out-of-work footballers could retrain as cyber security experts...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54505841

£250 million bailout on 01:30 - Oct 13 with 3957 viewsDiddyDave

The ridiculous transfer fees and wages some of the top players and managers are on just cannot be maintained,especially with the world as it is now with covid. But I don`t see this bloke Parry talking about that. The game as it is now will eventually implode,it has to. The so called elite clubs will ruin the game as we know it,but as some have already mentioned,that might not be such a bad thing.
£250 million bailout on 07:12 - Oct 13 with 3888 viewsAncoats_Blue

Unsure how I feel about this. A lot of what the plan suggests I’ve been saying should be happening for years. No parachute payments , a fairer distribution of tv rights etc. But the ‘special voting rights' for some of the bigger clubs does not sit well. I think if B teams are avoided the majority of EFL fans will be happy.
£250 million bailout on 11:30 - Oct 13 with 3672 views49thseason

It doesnt really matter how much money gets down to the lower leagues, there will always be clubs who invest it and clubs who waste it in search of baubles. The money would be far better used if it were to become a loan fund that clubs can borrow from for investments, not transfer fees or players wages.

A club like ours would be able to access funds for player development, ground development, pitch renewals , even a new ground at some point . The better the infrastructure, the more money it is capable of generating for the long term which it turn secures the future of clubs.

As we know, spending silly money on transfer fees and wages is not a guarantee of success and can sometimes lead to disaster for clubs and their fans. Banks won't back smaller clubs for a reason but there is sufficient money within the game to mean banks are not required.
£250 million bailout on 17:27 - Oct 13 with 3532 viewselectricblue

I see that DB was on sky Sports being interviewed saying there are more questions than answers..

Even if it gets voted down it will happen in a few years time.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

£250 million bailout on 19:03 - Oct 13 with 3445 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024