Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM and the 5 new lads 10:41 - Nov 2 with 5272 viewsaleanddale

Last season i was a touch critical of BBM.

Hands up and fair play to BBM he obviously has an eye for a player that will play how he wants to play.

Newby / Beesley / Bola / Roberts / Bazuna... That's half a team right there all regular starters this season. The five are all new into the club this season and all doing us proud.

More of the same and with Humphrys due back soon i am really enjoying the new look Dale.

Looking forward to tomorrow night v Oxford already.
BBM and the 5 new lads on 13:46 - Nov 2 with 4990 viewsCockneyDale

Agree.

And I would add that it's been good to see that the team has found a better balance between playing around at the back and moving forwards with the ball. Whether this is down to BBM refining his tactics/coaching style or the team getting better at it, I don't know, but it's certainly better to watch and creates more chances.
BBM and the 5 new lads on 15:55 - Nov 2 with 4821 views49thseason

Maybe the clear out in the summer has also cleared the air a bit too. This team has become the team that BBM built, his signings, his ideas, virtually no leftover egos from the Hill era. I would rather have 11 triers and battlers than 11 talented individuals all with an eye on somewhere else. BBM is quietly evolving the tactics and the involvement of so many youngsters is helping to ensure that his ideas are welded into the club's DNA for the long term.
BBM and the 5 new lads on 16:16 - Nov 2 with 4785 viewsJames1980

BBM and the 5 new lads on 15:55 - Nov 2 by 49thseason

Maybe the clear out in the summer has also cleared the air a bit too. This team has become the team that BBM built, his signings, his ideas, virtually no leftover egos from the Hill era. I would rather have 11 triers and battlers than 11 talented individuals all with an eye on somewhere else. BBM is quietly evolving the tactics and the involvement of so many youngsters is helping to ensure that his ideas are welded into the club's DNA for the long term.

Wouldn't it be fair to say Hill and his backroom team laid the foundations and framework for BBM and subsequent managers to build upon? Brian has certainly done an excellent job of doing so. With a bit of luck when it comes to injuries we could certainly do with some, perhaps additional strengthening in January. I could see us making our highest placed finish ever in the football league.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM and the 5 new lads on 17:19 - Nov 2 with 4663 viewsrkershaw

BBM and the 5 new lads on 16:16 - Nov 2 by James1980

Wouldn't it be fair to say Hill and his backroom team laid the foundations and framework for BBM and subsequent managers to build upon? Brian has certainly done an excellent job of doing so. With a bit of luck when it comes to injuries we could certainly do with some, perhaps additional strengthening in January. I could see us making our highest placed finish ever in the football league.

Dooley mentioned no big names / egos in the current squad in a recent interview.......wondering if that was a dig at a former player now plying his trade in League 2??
BBM and the 5 new lads on 17:53 - Nov 2 with 4591 viewsJames1980

I'm not sure as to why my post has warranted being marked down. Usually I don't say anything because it's my own personal forum trolls doing it. I suppose it does bother me because I wouldn't be typing this if it didn't but not vastly. Genuinely interested as to what is wrong with the opinion I expressed. Who knows I might create another account and mark myself down.

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:10 - Nov 2 with 4540 viewsblackdogblue

BBM and the 5 new lads on 17:53 - Nov 2 by James1980

I'm not sure as to why my post has warranted being marked down. Usually I don't say anything because it's my own personal forum trolls doing it. I suppose it does bother me because I wouldn't be typing this if it didn't but not vastly. Genuinely interested as to what is wrong with the opinion I expressed. Who knows I might create another account and mark myself down.

I would suggest it was the reference to KH laying the foundations... in effect he did the opposite with his tombola team selections & destroyed confidence in some players. For example Zach Clough.. former million pound player keeping the bench warm.. he never got a chance

What you said was miles away from the thread mate

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:13 - Nov 2 with 4518 viewsD_Alien

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:10 - Nov 2 by blackdogblue

I would suggest it was the reference to KH laying the foundations... in effect he did the opposite with his tombola team selections & destroyed confidence in some players. For example Zach Clough.. former million pound player keeping the bench warm.. he never got a chance

Or it could be interpreted as the foundations laid since 2006, not just the unfortunate last couple of seasons, and that would include the recruitment of BBM, his induction into coaching and the development of the youth system

The thread is very much on point, but not sure James' post has too much wrong with it (on this occasion!)
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 18:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:19 - Nov 2 with 4491 viewsblackdogblue

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:13 - Nov 2 by D_Alien

Or it could be interpreted as the foundations laid since 2006, not just the unfortunate last couple of seasons, and that would include the recruitment of BBM, his induction into coaching and the development of the youth system

The thread is very much on point, but not sure James' post has too much wrong with it (on this occasion!)

The OP was about the new players this year not about how they have added to any foundations though.. I suppose the down voters need to voice their reasons.

Or we could always have a poll

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:29 - Nov 2 with 4464 viewsboromat

BBM and the 5 new lads on 13:46 - Nov 2 by CockneyDale

Agree.

And I would add that it's been good to see that the team has found a better balance between playing around at the back and moving forwards with the ball. Whether this is down to BBM refining his tactics/coaching style or the team getting better at it, I don't know, but it's certainly better to watch and creates more chances.

Think having Beasley up top helps with being able to mix it up and go long occasionally.

Having Morley, O'Connell and Roberts as the 3 people at the back means we also have a great range of passing from all players that stay deep when we have the ball.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:32 - Nov 2 with 4456 viewsJames1980

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:13 - Nov 2 by D_Alien

Yes this is what is the what I was referring to.

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:59 - Nov 2 with 4393 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:32 - Nov 2 by James1980

Yes this is what is the what I was referring to.

I would not worry James. On occasion I have posted and got down votes, only for someone to say the same thing and get up votes, it does not matter I the greater scheme.

Anyway, with regard to who BBM has brought in.

We have a 3 young strikers who work their arses off, have real potential and are probably on around a third of the wages we were paying for the ego (watch his celebrations when someone else scores for Salford, not the big fish any more), the non goalscoring sub, the guy who lasted years being crap and Alby, who always gave his all for a guy of his age.

We have replaced the departed loan players with real quality (left back maybe not yet) and are very much holding our own after difficult fixtures.

Camps will always be a miss and I am really glad he is doing well (sadly for Barton) but that was inevitable and Matt Lund has had a great start to the season.

I can’t think of anyone else we miss, so I am guessing wages have gone down by half a million plus and we look a better team overall.

UTD and well done BBM

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BBM and the 5 new lads on 21:59 - Nov 2 with 4105 viewsAtThePeake

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:10 - Nov 2 by blackdogblue

I think there was more to the Clough situation than Hill simply not wanting to play him though. It's telling that he hasn't played a competitive game since his time with us.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM and the 5 new lads on 22:49 - Nov 2 with 4023 viewsnordenblue

BBM and the 5 new lads on 18:59 - Nov 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

I would not worry James. On occasion I have posted and got down votes, only for someone to say the same thing and get up votes, it does not matter I the greater scheme.

Anyway, with regard to who BBM has brought in.

We have a 3 young strikers who work their arses off, have real potential and are probably on around a third of the wages we were paying for the ego (watch his celebrations when someone else scores for Salford, not the big fish any more), the non goalscoring sub, the guy who lasted years being crap and Alby, who always gave his all for a guy of his age.

We have replaced the departed loan players with real quality (left back maybe not yet) and are very much holding our own after difficult fixtures.

Camps will always be a miss and I am really glad he is doing well (sadly for Barton) but that was inevitable and Matt Lund has had a great start to the season.

I can’t think of anyone else we miss, so I am guessing wages have gone down by half a million plus and we look a better team overall.

UTD and well done BBM

Good spot about Hendo,ive noticed that a couple of times recently he just kind of strolls off after the goal goes in if hes not scored it
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 22:49]
BBM and the 5 new lads on 08:48 - Nov 3 with 3801 viewsJames1980

BBM and the 5 new lads on 22:49 - Nov 2 by nordenblue

Good spot about Hendo,ive noticed that a couple of times recently he just kind of strolls off after the goal goes in if hes not scored it
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 22:49]

Don't recall being like that when someone other than hiim scored for us, I'm sure he celebrated their goals and encouraged others to join with the celebrations. Perhaps a team of mercenaries doesn't have the same sense of camaraderie there is amongst the Rochdale team.

BBM and the 5 new lads on 09:48 - Nov 3 with 3756 viewsShun

BBM and the 5 new lads on 17:53 - Nov 2 by James1980

The only thing I can think of is the giant tweak of the FGs' mammary glands by saying we might get our highest ever finish!
BBM and the 5 new lads on 10:40 - Nov 3 with 3684 viewsDaley_Lama

BBM and the 5 new lads on 09:48 - Nov 3 by Shun

The only thing I can think of is the giant tweak of the FGs' mammary glands by saying we might get our highest ever finish!

The 3 loanees are all growing into the team, Roberts in particular catching the eye and looks a real football talent.

How long is each of them loaned for?

Poll: DF in or out

BBM and the 5 new lads on 10:51 - Nov 3 with 3664 viewstodmordendale

Roberts looks extremely assured and comfortable. The other new lads seem to be fitting in well too.
BBM’s recruitment is to be applauded to get such quality too.
It’s a joy to watch again.
BBM will be up there on the poaching list of the bigger clubs.
BBM and the 5 new lads on 11:50 - Nov 3 with 3603 viewsaleanddale

I dont want to Hendo bash the fella was god like when he was here and what he did for us and some of his goals were extra special. Firmly a Dale Legend and a favourite of mine whilst he was with the Dale.

He was aloof for sure but he needed that pig headedness to be effective and top of his game so i dont begrudge.

The king is dead.. long live the king...

I thought i would really miss Hendo ( and the team would suffer ) but oddly i don't and find the new look Dale a refreshing change.

Roll on 19.00.... SEVEN O CLOCK KICK OFF
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 12:06]
BBM and the 5 new lads on 11:53 - Nov 3 with 3598 viewsAncoats_Blue

BBM and the 5 new lads on 17:19 - Nov 2 by rkershaw

Dooley mentioned no big names / egos in the current squad in a recent interview.......wondering if that was a dig at a former player now plying his trade in League 2??

I’m not the only one who read into it that way!
BBM and the 5 new lads on 11:56 - Nov 3 with 3582 viewsAncoats_Blue

BBM and the 5 new lads on 11:50 - Nov 3 by aleanddale

I dont want to Hendo bash the fella was god like when he was here and what he did for us and some of his goals were extra special. Firmly a Dale Legend and a favourite of mine whilst he was with the Dale.

He was aloof for sure but he needed that pig headedness to be effective and top of his game so i dont begrudge.

I thought i would really miss Hendo ( and the team would suffer ) but oddly i don't and find the new look Dale a refreshing change.

Careful you don’t miss KO! It’s 7PM start.
BBM and the 5 new lads on 12:05 - Nov 3 with 3565 viewsaleanddale

BBM and the 5 new lads on 11:56 - Nov 3 by Ancoats_Blue

Careful you don’t miss KO! It’s 7PM start.

wow

excellent reminder!! i will edit so others are not miss led by my inaccurate post.
BBM and the 5 new lads on 13:32 - Nov 3 with 3459 viewsAtThePeake

BBM and the 5 new lads on 09:48 - Nov 3 by Shun

I'm not suggesting that this was the case with this post in particular, but I do think there is some revisionism from some supporters with regards to Hill's legacy at Dale. I think a few of our fans react badly to praise for him due to the strange decision-making and pretty poor relationship with the fans that he had in the last few years, forgetting all the great work he did beforehand.

I might be wrong, but I feel like I have noticed people reacting badly to praise for Hill since he left, which is really sad given that he remains our most successful manager by some margin and in my eyes really transformed the direction of the whole club in his first spell in charge in particular.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM and the 5 new lads on 14:23 - Nov 3 with 3390 viewsTomRAFC

BBM's recruitment has been good. He's going for certain types of players that fit his mould and it's starting to show dividends. Sometimes this has meant players having to make a big step up but most have performed admirably.

Long may it continue.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

BBM and the 5 new lads on 15:59 - Nov 3 with 3269 viewstony_roch975

BBM and the 5 new lads on 11:50 - Nov 3 by aleanddale

Agree and it is a dilemma but I do like the apparent sense of equals all in it together in the current squad. Is it possible to celebrate ability that may be linked to a selfish or uncaring attitude whilst still criticising the attitude? Might that not be behind ATPs subsequent (accurate) post about the revision of some fans views of Keith Hill's time? I suspect for many of us the manner of victory does matter and maybe it's a particular British characteristic to value the underdog; to celebrate an honourable loser over a dishonourable victor - even more a (necessary) characteristic of a Dale fan.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

BBM and the 5 new lads on 17:02 - Nov 3 with 3169 viewsJames1980

BBM and the 5 new lads on 15:59 - Nov 3 by tony_roch975

Agree and it is a dilemma but I do like the apparent sense of equals all in it together in the current squad. Is it possible to celebrate ability that may be linked to a selfish or uncaring attitude whilst still criticising the attitude? Might that not be behind ATPs subsequent (accurate) post about the revision of some fans views of Keith Hill's time? I suspect for many of us the manner of victory does matter and maybe it's a particular British characteristic to value the underdog; to celebrate an honourable loser over a dishonourable victor - even more a (necessary) characteristic of a Dale fan.

Reminds me of why I selected Rochdale as the team to support. Not wanting to be a glory hunter supporting one of the usual suspects.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024