Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Dunphy Return? 14:05 - Mar 27 with 16867 viewsnordenblue

As the headline suggests there's a strong possibility that the former chairman to step back into the club....

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/03/27/chris-dunphy-set-for-rochdale-afc-return/
Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:06 - Mar 27 with 8396 viewsShun

It says a lot about the state of the club that a man who’s previously (I’m sure) said he won’t take on another official role at Dale now feels the need to come back and ‘save’ it.
Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:10 - Mar 27 with 8354 viewsD_Alien

Did we ever need some hope, some light at the end of a long, dark tunnel?

Not counting any chickens here though, there's some pretty significant issues that'd need to be resolved

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:14 - Mar 27 with 8319 views442Dale

Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:10 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

Did we ever need some hope, some light at the end of a long, dark tunnel?

Not counting any chickens here though, there's some pretty significant issues that'd need to be resolved

Would the first step be the EGM that’s mentioned? What’s the process to get that in place? There’s an argument that even before this news, the status of AGM/EGMs needed to be addressed anyway, as seen in the other thread.

The Trust, as significant shareholders, could possibly update on this too as they had an EGM planned last year before Covid saw the postponement of the club’s EGM/AGM.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:25 - Mar 27 with 8222 viewsSandyman

Very positive news given the current circumstances, that Dale fans won't stand by and let the club flounder for reasons we are too well aware of. There will be hurdles along the way but this shareholder will DEFINITELY be supporting such a move. Thank you!
Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:28 - Mar 27 with 8202 viewsBazzanne

The best news for years. Hope it happens. A real Dale man through and through.
Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:28 - Mar 27 with 8199 viewsboromat

Having Francis Collins and Richard Wild onboard would be a huge boost in my mind. Know the club and its inner workings. Not sure of the ins and outs of how buying shares using Cloughy's estate would work though.

Interesting times let's see how it plays out but I'm feeling more positive knowing there are at least some Rochdale known people actively interested in getting involved and helping out at that level.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:28 - Mar 27 with 8196 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:14 - Mar 27 by 442Dale

Would the first step be the EGM that’s mentioned? What’s the process to get that in place? There’s an argument that even before this news, the status of AGM/EGMs needed to be addressed anyway, as seen in the other thread.

The Trust, as significant shareholders, could possibly update on this too as they had an EGM planned last year before Covid saw the postponement of the club’s EGM/AGM.

The first official step perhaps, but it's not difficult to imagine (further) steps being taken behind the scenes to facilitate this

I think we need to be pretty careful here too; there's many a slip, as they say...

Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:39 - Mar 27 with 8121 viewsThreeLions

If there is a way of supporters helping push this through then we should all get 200% behind it. This is fantastic news which will help the club reconnect with those that love the club close to their hearts. The additions of Franny and Richard would be the icing on the cake as I always associate them with a golden era of the club when everybody felt a part and wouldnt hesitate to give up free time to help out. Think back to the many pitch clearing calls to arms, the braziers and even the time volunteers helped shift what felt like 100 tonnes of sand onto the pitch (sandyman lived up to his Internet handle that day). Would the club get that level of commitment from volunteers thesedays after how we are lied to repeatedly and held in the same regard as something the CEO has just stepped in? I think not. Time for Rochdale FC to go back to its heyday of Team Rochdale.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Dunphy Return? on 15:03 - Mar 27 with 7982 viewsTomRAFC

Chris Dunphy Return? on 14:39 - Mar 27 by ThreeLions

If there is a way of supporters helping push this through then we should all get 200% behind it. This is fantastic news which will help the club reconnect with those that love the club close to their hearts. The additions of Franny and Richard would be the icing on the cake as I always associate them with a golden era of the club when everybody felt a part and wouldnt hesitate to give up free time to help out. Think back to the many pitch clearing calls to arms, the braziers and even the time volunteers helped shift what felt like 100 tonnes of sand onto the pitch (sandyman lived up to his Internet handle that day). Would the club get that level of commitment from volunteers thesedays after how we are lied to repeatedly and held in the same regard as something the CEO has just stepped in? I think not. Time for Rochdale FC to go back to its heyday of Team Rochdale.

If a sand man could sand like Sandyman could sand... it's a bloody tongue twister!

I remember a few boxing day mornings as a teenager spent as a family clearing snow off the pitch, alongside a great group of fans. It all sounds like I'm being a bit nostalgic and rose tinted but actually it was freezing cold and not anyone's dream day to be doing such a task. The mirror it has held up is that I didn't think twice about going to help out. Our family felt that level of connection with the club.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 15:17]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 15:13 - Mar 27 with 7917 views49thseason

Well, this has just thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. Has Dunphy spotted his ideal opportunity for revenge? Will the Two Americans throw their lot in with him, they did after all buy his shares. Will there be a UK based board with absentee owners in the US? And where does the Trust stand if Richard and Francis were to become Directors? Would Bottomley survive such a huge boardroom upheaval?
I sincerely hope his plan works, it would give fans the confidence to buy tickets and put their shoulders to the wheel. I, for one, am in 100%
Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:04 - Mar 27 with 7661 viewsCanadaDale

We can only hope that this comes to fruition.
First job would be sacking the completely clueless and spineless Bottomley! His relationship with Dale fans will never recover after the shady dealing of extending the Managers contract without the knowledge of the fans. I for one won’t be able to get past that with that clown. To then leak it as some kind of accident at the fans forum was just spineless and unprofessional.

I Dunphy I trust!
Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:11 - Mar 27 with 7629 viewstony_roch975

It may be a good thing but before the euphoria blinds us all, let's not forget it was under Chris Dunphy's rule that the Club racked up a massive unsustainable player wage bill and (it is alleged) his opposition to sacking Keith Hill was a factor in his 'retirement'.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:14 - Mar 27 with 7601 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:11 - Mar 27 by tony_roch975

It may be a good thing but before the euphoria blinds us all, let's not forget it was under Chris Dunphy's rule that the Club racked up a massive unsustainable player wage bill and (it is alleged) his opposition to sacking Keith Hill was a factor in his 'retirement'.

Hence my urging some caution against getting too giddy right now, and yes, we all remember the turn of events

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:23 - Mar 27 with 7549 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

This would be fantastic for our club. Sincerely hope everything works out and Chris can come back in to lead us forward.

Oh and Francis, please no more orange away kits :-)
Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:25 - Mar 27 with 7542 views442Dale

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:23 - Mar 27 by Albert_Whitehurst

This would be fantastic for our club. Sincerely hope everything works out and Chris can come back in to lead us forward.

Oh and Francis, please no more orange away kits :-)

Wasn’t that the commercial manager at the time thinking that because Blackpool sold loads, so would we?

It always looked better with black shorts.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:36 - Mar 27 with 7478 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:25 - Mar 27 by 442Dale

Wasn’t that the commercial manager at the time thinking that because Blackpool sold loads, so would we?

It always looked better with black shorts.

Except here...

Blackpool, you say...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:49 - Mar 27 with 7390 viewsjudd

I've a load of unused carriages round the back if anyone can think of a use for them?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:50 - Mar 27 with 7374 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:49 - Mar 27 by judd

I've a load of unused carriages round the back if anyone can think of a use for them?

Carriage return?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:55 - Mar 27 with 7336 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:50 - Mar 27 by TVOS1907

Carriage return?

Control+Alt(man)+Delete(DB)

Key-board changes

[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 16:56]

Chris Dunphy Return? on 17:03 - Mar 27 with 7277 viewstony_roch975

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:14 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

Hence my urging some caution against getting too giddy right now, and yes, we all remember the turn of events

but not Tom RAFC apparently!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Chris Dunphy Return? on 17:13 - Mar 27 with 7198 viewselectricblue

Im wondering if Altman and Marcelli have been talking to Dunphy hence their current position..

If they are serious are they looking to see if the 4 directors will give Bottomley the push and then Dunphy steps in the chairmans role with Goodwin in some capacity.

Then Altman and Marcelli provide backing for Dunphy...

I could be clutching at straws of course..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Chris Dunphy Return? on 18:40 - Mar 27 with 6879 viewsboromat

Even with Dunphy returning we'll need a full time CEO and not sure who that would be if not Bottomley.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 18:46 - Mar 27 with 6828 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy Return? on 18:40 - Mar 27 by boromat

Even with Dunphy returning we'll need a full time CEO and not sure who that would be if not Bottomley.

That's one of the issues i was referring to in my "caution" approach - not that i wouldn't be 100% behind CD's return at all

It won't be straightforward. Having said that, there's enough experienced heads both within the current setup and the proposed additions to the board to tide the club over until a new CEO could be recruited/appointed; no doubt, by due process...

Chris Dunphy Return? on 18:49 - Mar 27 with 6803 viewselectricblue

Chris Dunphy Return? on 18:40 - Mar 27 by boromat

Well if Bottomley was behind removing Dunphy then surely Dunphy will want rid of him.........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Chris Dunphy Return? on 19:09 - Mar 27 with 6718 viewsTomRAFC

Chris Dunphy Return? on 17:03 - Mar 27 by tony_roch975

but not Tom RAFC apparently!

Not me at all, well spotted!

I have despaired at the current direction of the club. Seeing a selection of trustworthy folks announce a plan to try and regain control of the club is frankly wonderful news in my eyes. I am giddy indeed. That's my agenda you see, I know how big you are on the agendas behind what people say.

People may even have wondered the same abour yours, hither or thither. We all do strike a tone at times.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024