Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts 11:53 - Apr 29 with 9329 viewsBainesy15

Been through and worked out contract lengths for the squad*. Provided we go down, surely a lot have to go - but how many would want to stay?

Lynch - OOC
Wade - 1Y
McLaughlin - OOC
McNulty - OOC
McShane - OOC
O'Connell - OOC
Dunne - OOC (1Y OPTION)
Keohane - OOC
Morley - 1Y
Ryan - OOC
Dooley - OOC
Lund - OOC
Shaughnessy - 1Y
Grant - 2Y
Newby - 1Y
Done - OOC
Bradley - OOC
Hopper - OOC
Rathbone - 1Y
Brierley - 2Y
Baah - OOC
Humphrys - 1Y
Beesley - 2Y
Mulvey - OOC
Odoh -1Y

For what it's worth, I'd offer deals to Lund, O'Connell and Keohane (plus Baah obviously) then Ryan/McLaughlin/McShane (fitness dependent), Dooley/Done (short term). Lynch I'm not sure on, same with Hopper. I think we should take the option on Dunne.

*Provided they don't all have new, unannounced deals
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 12:01]
Contracts on 14:52 - Apr 29 with 6271 viewsYorkshire_Dale

For all we know, our CEO might have already offered "secret" 5 year deal to McNulty and others without reference to the Board?

Whatever happens, as we are League 2 bound, any new deals will have to be "on the cheap"
Contracts on 15:00 - Apr 29 with 6236 viewsDalenet

Contracts on 14:52 - Apr 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

For all we know, our CEO might have already offered "secret" 5 year deal to McNulty and others without reference to the Board?

Whatever happens, as we are League 2 bound, any new deals will have to be "on the cheap"

I can hear it now

We are delighted to offer you a new contract for next season

Brilliant how much?

We've been able to offer you 50% of what you earned last year. You up for it?

Feck that.....
Contracts on 15:10 - Apr 29 with 6215 viewsD_Alien

If McShane's up for it, i'd welcome him being given another 12 month contract. It'd give him opportunity to take over the reins should BBM find himself unable to deliver the type of football for us to compete in L2

It makes me wonder if that was in his mind when he signed for Dale in the first place. As previously mentioned some time ago, he's got all the badges and the stated ambition to use them

Plus, of course, he'd still be valuable on the pitch when fit, in the slightly less pacy conditions of L2

Should he be allowed to leave, some other club will no doubt be allowed the chance to give him his first opportunity in coaching/management, which would be typical Dale

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Contracts on 15:25 - Apr 29 with 6167 viewsAtThePeake

Contracts on 15:10 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

If McShane's up for it, i'd welcome him being given another 12 month contract. It'd give him opportunity to take over the reins should BBM find himself unable to deliver the type of football for us to compete in L2

It makes me wonder if that was in his mind when he signed for Dale in the first place. As previously mentioned some time ago, he's got all the badges and the stated ambition to use them

Plus, of course, he'd still be valuable on the pitch when fit, in the slightly less pacy conditions of L2

Should he be allowed to leave, some other club will no doubt be allowed the chance to give him his first opportunity in coaching/management, which would be typical Dale

"It'd give him opportunity to take over the reins should BBM find himself unable to deliver the type of football for us to compete in L2"

There's little evidence to suggest that scenario would lead to us needing to find a new manager based on this season.

Agree though, I'd be happy for him to stay, perhaps on reduced terms or with a more defined coaching role included.

Tangled up in blue.

Contracts on 15:38 - Apr 29 with 6133 viewsD_Alien

Contracts on 15:25 - Apr 29 by AtThePeake

"It'd give him opportunity to take over the reins should BBM find himself unable to deliver the type of football for us to compete in L2"

There's little evidence to suggest that scenario would lead to us needing to find a new manager based on this season.

Agree though, I'd be happy for him to stay, perhaps on reduced terms or with a more defined coaching role included.

Fair point!

I guess that might depend on who's making the decisions...

In future player interviews, it'd be fascinating to hear from someone like McShane what actually went on behind the scenes during recent times, and whether he had any input into our formation and change of tactics

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Contracts on 15:42 - Apr 29 with 6112 views49thseason

Maybe McShane could be the worlds first player / Sporting Director? Then he could play when he felt like it and tell BBM what he is doing wrong!
Contracts on 15:45 - Apr 29 with 6114 viewsDaleFan7

Lynch - OOC- Keep short term and try and sign a number 1.
Wade - 1Y
McLaughlin - OOC - Let go, injured too much.
McNulty - OOC - Player/coach role or let go.
McShane - OOC - Player/coach role or let go
O'Connell - OOC - Do everything we can to keep.
Dunne - OOC (1Y OPTION) - We'll probably take the option
Keohane - OOC - Keep
Morley - 1Y
Ryan - OOC - Let go, injured too much.
Dooley - OOC - Let go, not good enough.
Lund - OOC - Let go, injured too much.
Shaughnessy - 1Y
Grant - 2Y
Newby - 1Y
Done - OOC - Let go, doesn't perform well enough, often enough.
Bradley - OOC
Hopper - OOC
Rathbone - 1Y
Brierley - 2Y
Baah - OOC - Try to get a short deal if he doesn't go.
Humphrys - 1Y
Beesley - 2Y
Mulvey - OOC - Not seen enough of him.
Odoh -1Y

This doesn't leave us with a lot of players which is my main worry for next season. Will we have a squad fit/competitive enough?
Contracts on 16:14 - Apr 29 with 6065 viewsNorthernDale

Lynch - OOC - 1 year contract
Wade - 1Y
McLaughlin - OOC - 1 year contract
McNulty - OOC- Free
McShane - OOC - 1 year contract
O'Connell - OOC - 2 year contract
Dunne - OOC (1Y OPTION) - rake up the option
Keohane - OOC - 1 year contract
Morley - 1Y
Ryan - OOC - Free
Dooley - OOC - free
Lund - OOC - 1 year contract
Shaughnessy - 1Y
Grant - 2Y
Newby - 1Y
Done - OOC - 1 year contract
Bradley - OOC - free
Hopper - OOC - free
Rathbone - 1Y - extend his contract with a new 2 year contract
Brierley - 2Y
Baah - OOC - sold
Humphrys - 1Y - extend his contract with a new 2 year contract
Beesley - 2Y
Mulvey - OOC - unsure
Odoh - 1 year

- We need to hold onto the core players - O'Connell, McShane, Lund, Rathbone, and Humprhrys. We also need to sign a left back and also cover for the right back role.
Login to get fewer ads

Contracts on 16:27 - Apr 29 with 6024 viewsHopwoodblue

Contracts on 14:52 - Apr 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

We may be the first part time league club, wouldn’t bet against anything with our current CEO

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Contracts on 17:01 - Apr 29 with 5965 viewsJames1980

Hasn't relegation been planned for since the start of the season. Surely has all been planned for

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Contracts on 17:15 - Apr 29 with 5925 viewsboromat

Contracts on 17:01 - Apr 29 by James1980

Hasn't relegation been planned for since the start of the season. Surely has all been planned for

If relegation had been planned we'd have many more of the existing players signed up by now. Getting relegated and having to build a squad from scratch is asking for trouble.

That contract list is really worrying.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Contracts on 17:33 - Apr 29 with 5870 viewsCanadaDale

Given we’ll definitely be in league by the end of this weekend in my opinion:

Lynch - OOC (offer contract would do alright in league 2)
Wade - 1Y ( will sit on the bench)
McLaughlin - OOC (has proven to be injured more than fit, pay as you play or nothing)
McNulty - OOC (coaching role on severely lower money or see you later thanks for your service)
McShane - OOC (just not fit enough for the money spent, again pay as you play)
O'Connell - OOC (whatever is needed to sign him up again. Can’t see him staying though)
Dunne - OOC (1Y OPTION) (complete unknown ability as we’ve not seen him.)
Keohane - OOC (sign him up and proven his worth & consistency this season, real asset in league 2)
Morley - 1Y (will do really well in league 2, unless the thought of cashing in on him is on the cards)
Ryan - OOC (massive waste of money since the day he signed, another injured more than fit)
Dooley - OOC (may do a job in league 2, personally don’t think he’s good enough for league 1)
Lund - OOC (an absolute given that you’d try and get him signed, although I think he’ll leave)
Shaughnessy - 1Y (think we’ll see the best of him in league 2)
Grant - 2Y (likewise I think he’ll be a real threat in league 2)
Newby - 1Y (think he’ll tear league 2 defenders a new one)
Done - OOC (might do a job on reduced terms in league 2 as long as he’s playing up front)
Bradley - OOC (not really seen anything of him)
Hopper - OOC (not really seen anything of him)
Rathbone - 1Y (will be a cut above in league 2, but I think we’ll cash in on him due to being in his last year)
Brierley - 2Y (will be gone into another teams u23’s if the reports are correct)
Baah - OOC (not a chance he’ll stay and again if reports are correct he’s off to watford)
Humphrys - 1Y (will be one of the top scorers in league 2 but think he’ll be off)
Beesley - 2Y ( looking forward to seeing more of him and his work rate is fantastic)
Mulvey - OOC ( he’ll be back in non-league somewhere)
Odoh -1 ( been injured since he signed so we’ll see what he’s about next season)

There’ll be lot of changes over the summer. Personally think our current board will try an sell any contracted assets we have and will offer pathetic contracts to those we would want to keep knowing they’ll say no. Then they can say that they’ve rejected a new contract and make themselves look better.

It’ll be an interesting summer to say the least I think.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 17:43]
Contracts on 17:35 - Apr 29 with 5862 viewsrichfoad32

Contracts on 16:14 - Apr 29 by NorthernDale

Lynch - OOC - 1 year contract
Wade - 1Y
McLaughlin - OOC - 1 year contract
McNulty - OOC- Free
McShane - OOC - 1 year contract
O'Connell - OOC - 2 year contract
Dunne - OOC (1Y OPTION) - rake up the option
Keohane - OOC - 1 year contract
Morley - 1Y
Ryan - OOC - Free
Dooley - OOC - free
Lund - OOC - 1 year contract
Shaughnessy - 1Y
Grant - 2Y
Newby - 1Y
Done - OOC - 1 year contract
Bradley - OOC - free
Hopper - OOC - free
Rathbone - 1Y - extend his contract with a new 2 year contract
Brierley - 2Y
Baah - OOC - sold
Humphrys - 1Y - extend his contract with a new 2 year contract
Beesley - 2Y
Mulvey - OOC - unsure
Odoh - 1 year

- We need to hold onto the core players - O'Connell, McShane, Lund, Rathbone, and Humprhrys. We also need to sign a left back and also cover for the right back role.

I honestly can't see O'Connell and Rathbone sticking around. Both are too good for League Two and are at an age where they can easily improve their prospects and earning power elsewhere. It's strange that McShane and McLaughlin were both MIA for much of the season but have started appearing on a regular basis now we really need them, could they both have played more often this season and we have maybe been overly cautious with them?

Must admit I'm on the fence about Humphrys now. A few weeks ago I'd have been gutted at the prospect of losing him so quickly but if we can get a decent fee for him to improve the squad it might not be such a bad thing? He seems destined to be another sicknote and with Beesley improving all the time we could maybe go with him as the focal point. I would be perfectly happy for Humps to stay but I'm sure bigger fish will come calling in the summer.
Contracts on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 5729 viewsJames1980

Contracts on 17:15 - Apr 29 by boromat

If relegation had been planned we'd have many more of the existing players signed up by now. Getting relegated and having to build a squad from scratch is asking for trouble.

That contract list is really worrying.

You are absolutely right it is I'd expect if/when the trapdoor opens it will be all hands to the pump to get a squad together for next season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Contracts on 20:15 - Apr 29 with 5591 views49thseason

So, as it stands:

Wade
Mialkowski
Morley Shaughnessy, Rathbone, Grant, Brierley
Humphrys, Beesley, Odoh Thomas Newby

I think we will try to re-sign
Dunne
McLaughlin
O'Connell
Keohane
Lund
Bradley
Hopper
Of the rest I think McShane is the only one who offers something we probably cant improve on and the medics and McShane will need to sort that one out before offering a contract.

Brad Wade interview:
https://cfbfootball.com/2021/01/22/brad-wade-goalkeeping-rochdale-and-guiseley/
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 20:31]
Contracts on 20:17 - Apr 29 with 5592 viewsBeechball

Contracts on 20:15 - Apr 29 by 49thseason

So, as it stands:

Wade
Mialkowski

Dunne
McLaughlin
O'Connell
Keohane
Lund
Bradley
Hopper
Of the rest I think McShane is the only one who offers something we probably cant improve on and the medics and McShane will need to sort that one out before offering a contract.

Brad Wade interview:

You've forgotten Newby
Contracts on 20:32 - Apr 29 with 5535 views49thseason

Contracts on 20:17 - Apr 29 by Beechball

You've forgotten Newby

Edited, thankyou Mrs Newby!
Contracts on 21:56 - Apr 29 with 5424 viewsboromat

So, as it stands:

Wade
Mialkowski

Dunne
McLaughlin
O'Connell
Keohane
Lund
Bradley
Hopper

Brad Wade interview:

Think Mulvey could be re-signed aswell in fact maybe more likely than Bradley. Although I'd like to see all of the younger players progress to the first team properly as we've invested a lot of time in them like we did with Matty Gillam but he never made it and seemed a waste.

Contracts on 22:46 - Apr 29 with 5367 viewsnordenblue

Contracts on 16:27 - Apr 29 by Hopwoodblue

We may be the first part time league club, wouldn’t bet against anything with our current CEO

He'll need to fund his next pay rise from somewhere,that's a great idea
Contracts on 17:14 - May 1 with 4774 viewsRippDale

I don't want to see a lot of these players in a Dale shirt again. Some of the names people are saying should get another contract are either nostalgia or the usual players who only start to put a shift in to earn a new deal.

Lynch, McLaughlin, McShane, Ryan, Dooley, Done need to go.

Space is needed to bring better quality and also those who can play 30+ games per season.

Don't want to see BBM anywhere near to selecting a team or being involved in tactics. Not aversed to him being moved upstairs for the mythical sporting director role.

Most of all I never want to see Bottomley associated with our club again
Contracts on 18:04 - May 1 with 4692 viewsoff2div1

What about that Bottomley. Not worth a deal performed terrible all season.
Contracts on 22:11 - May 1 with 4541 viewsboromat

So, as it stands:

Wade
Mialkowski

Dunne
McLaughlin
O'Connell
Keohane
Lund
Bradley
Hopper

Brad Wade interview:

Mialkowski am I right in thinking he's final year youth team player and therefore released?

Contracts on 22:15 - May 1 with 4529 viewsboromat

Wade
Morley (Sold)
Shaughnessy
Rathbone (Sold)
Grant
Brierley (Sold)
Humphrys (Sold)
Beesley
Odoh
Newby

This is not unrealistic. We'd have 6 remaining players

Contracts on 19:02 - May 2 with 4198 viewsNorthernDale

I think he is first year in that he is I think only 17.
Contracts on 20:26 - May 2 with 4074 viewsseasidedale

Jasper is definitely a first year, see the intro to the new academy players on official site (can’t do links sorry)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024