Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM gone 20:32 - Jun 30 with 49504 viewsleedsdale

As per OS

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/statement_brianbarrymurphy/
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 20:32]
BBM gone on 13:10 - Jul 24 with 4487 viewsjacko_dale

BBM gone on 12:54 - Jul 24 by TVOS1907

I'm shaking my head at some of the stuff on there. He'll "smash it", apparently, while someone else "bloody loves that man".

Have I missed something?

"Rochdale legend" too, apparently!
BBM gone on 13:16 - Jul 24 with 4415 viewsD_Alien

Am i super-excited about all this?

Am i f*ck

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM gone on 13:16 - Jul 24 with 4430 viewsdownunder

BBM gone on 12:40 - Jul 24 by Shun

This article suggests BBM applied for the City job last summer too, and I know for a fact that he also applied for the Doncaster job a few months ago while we were in the thick of a relegation fight.

https://theathletic.com/2725759/2021/07/24/why-brian-barry-murphy-quit-managing-

Was that around the time Bottomly extended the contract?
BBM gone on 13:38 - Jul 24 with 4270 viewsDaleiLama

BBM gone on 13:16 - Jul 24 by downunder

They were the mediocrity years when rewards and awards were handed out unjustifiably without being earned. I have a feeling, with the new board and manager, we are now at the beginning of the meritocracy years. The change was much needed. When you lose sight of the two main reasons for playing (winning and entertaining) you lose the fans and the point of it all. City u23s is a good spot for BBM. He may become a City legend but never a Dale legend for me.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM gone on 13:39 - Jul 24 with 4261 viewsRotherhamDale

BBM gone on 12:40 - Jul 24 by Shun

This article suggests BBM applied for the City job last summer too, and I know for a fact that he also applied for the Doncaster job a few months ago while we were in the thick of a relegation fight.

https://theathletic.com/2725759/2021/07/24/why-brian-barry-murphy-quit-managing-

What a wonderful human being

Possession with progression.

BBM gone on 13:40 - Jul 24 with 4258 viewsDaleiLama

BBM gone on 13:39 - Jul 24 by RotherhamDale

What a wonderful human being

According to his girlfriend anyway

BBM gone on 13:48 - Jul 24 with 4191 viewsD_Alien

tbf, i believe the term 'legend' refers to stories being retold through successive generations, or summat like that

If that's the case, BBM is indeed a legend

His name will be forever linked with the most tainted period in the club's entire history

BBM gone on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 4107 views_Windydale

He obviously wasn't 100% percent committed to the Dale cause last season, applying for jobs elsewhere.

We might have stayed up with a motivated Manager with a bit of grit, one who's genuinely passionate enough in the medium term to steer the club through some good times.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM gone on 14:12 - Jul 24 with 4058 viewsoff2div1

In the U 23 Manchester derby game who would you want to win BBM City or McShane's Man U
BBM gone on 14:13 - Jul 24 with 4055 viewsAussieDale

Let’s hope he doesn’t tell his new bosses how good Tony Ellis is at developing kids.
BBM gone on 14:14 - Jul 24 with 4036 viewsborodale

BBM,s dream job. His interviews here where almost always answered like he was being interviewed for a development squad role. Good look to him would say it's what he's best at. Been a good servant to the club and worked his way up, unfortunately at our expense in the end!!
BBM gone on 14:26 - Jul 24 with 3983 viewsShun

BBM gone on 13:16 - Jul 24 by downunder

After!
BBM gone on 16:38 - Jul 24 with 3747 viewsDaleiLama

BBM gone on 13:48 - Jul 24 by D_Alien

tbf, i believe the term 'legend' refers to stories being retold through successive generations, or summat like that

If that's the case, BBM is indeed a legend

His name will be forever linked with the most tainted period in the club's entire history

Fair enough. The kind of end I have in mind is prefixed by something different to a leg. It has tolled and signified his affiliation with Dale is consigned to history. He may have contributed significantly over his whole time at Dale but as a manager in his final role, he was hopelessly out of his depth, set us back by taking us down and will not be missed one iota by me either

BBM gone on 10:03 - Jul 25 with 3308 viewsjacko_dale

Judging by that last line, it's probably for the best he left!
BBM gone on 11:39 - Jul 25 with 3187 viewsBlueMessiah

BBM gone on 10:03 - Jul 25 by jacko_dale

Judging by that last line, it's probably for the best he left!

Wonder if that was the line he fed to Bottomley after he just trousered his contract extension. Good riddance - shame he took us into the abyss first. What a tool!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 22:01]

Poll: Do I Know You?

BBM gone on 12:46 - Jul 25 with 3047 viewsJames1980

Why couldn't one of the richest clubs in the world just pay us compensation for BBM.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM gone on 10:40 - Jul 26 with 2718 viewsCedar_Room

so it seems like our League One status was sacrificed so that BBM could audition for the role of City U23 coach.
Exhibit A - City's Bazunu kept in the team despite his many mistakes and a defensive unit he shepherded which couldn't hold water
Exhibit B - commitment to 'developing' players rather than doing whatever it takes to win matches, only changing things up when it was too late but he'd proved he would stick with players because 'results don't matter, development does'
It all becomes clear now especially considering he was applying for this job the summer before. Thanks very much indeed Brian.
BBM gone on 10:43 - Jul 26 with 2700 viewsjacko_dale

BBM gone on 10:40 - Jul 26 by Cedar_Room

so it seems like our League One status was sacrificed so that BBM could audition for the role of City U23 coach.
Exhibit A - City's Bazunu kept in the team despite his many mistakes and a defensive unit he shepherded which couldn't hold water
Exhibit B - commitment to 'developing' players rather than doing whatever it takes to win matches, only changing things up when it was too late but he'd proved he would stick with players because 'results don't matter, development does'
It all becomes clear now especially considering he was applying for this job the summer before. Thanks very much indeed Brian.

Excellent points and ones that I hadn't considered before. Makes me even angrier.
BBM gone on 10:54 - Jul 26 with 2636 viewsD_Alien

BBM gone on 10:43 - Jul 26 by jacko_dale

Excellent points and ones that I hadn't considered before. Makes me even angrier.

If its any consolation, without the scenario described by CedarRoom the Bottomley saga would've played out differently, in terms of the debacle at the fans forum over BBM's contract, which for many was the turning point in the determination to oust him from the board

Without that, its much more likely we'd be in the hands of the Curran/Rose shitshow

BBM gone on 11:15 - Jul 26 with 2580 viewsCedar_Room

BBM gone on 10:43 - Jul 26 by jacko_dale

and of course all of this was enabled by a pathetic CEO who had to retire to the fainting couch because **Manchester City**!! were interested in our little old manager which was the only proof needed of how brilliantly talented and highly rated he was, so he must be kept at all costs despite results on the pitch showing him to be absolute shite. So thanks to you too Mr Bottomley.
BBM gone on 16:23 - Jul 26 with 2158 viewsBlueMessiah

BBM gone on 10:40 - Jul 26 by Cedar_Room

The Conspiracy theorist in me is now thinking that when he was knocked back by City first time around he was told to go away and prove his ability to develop players to give him another shot at the dream job. They'd help him along by loaning Bazunu etc. Maybe that was his M.O. right from day one for last season?

Either way he's a despicable prick

Poll: Do I Know You?

BBM gone on 17:35 - Jul 26 with 1983 viewsNorthernDale

I wonder if BBM appointment to City's U-23 squad, means that we are on Man City blacklist for loan signings, if the decision is down to BBM to decide.
BBM gone on 17:35 - Jul 26 with 1983 viewselectricblue

If BBM applied for the Doncaster then i extremely happy that he jumped ship when he did as can you all imagine that if BBM was still manager when the season starts and the above info came out...

Many supporters will be extremely angry on match day as quite a few are still fuming about the contact extention.....

City are welcome to him......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

BBM gone on 20:05 - Jul 26 with 1688 viewsfinberty

BBM gone on 17:35 - Jul 26 by NorthernDale

I wonder if BBM appointment to City's U-23 squad, means that we are on Man City blacklist for loan signings, if the decision is down to BBM to decide.

Given the calibre obtained from that establishment last time, thank goodness there are another 90 clubs to choose from.
BBM gone on 22:37 - Jul 26 with 1420 viewsbluevein64

I had a "conspiracy theory " discussion with my son shorty prior to Bazunu being retired when results were going badly, the conversation was along the lines that although everyone seemed to be screaming for tactical changes BBM had up until this point (Bazunu being dropped) persisted in what was at that time generally being referred to as "tippy tappy " tactics, Lynch came in we went more direct and results improved - Too Late unfortunately!
It was almost like BBM's priority was to impress Pep and City over Dale's results - NO WAY, that couldn't be the case - could it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024