Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings and Transfers 13:42 - Jul 23 with 16807 viewsboromat

Anyone else getting concerned about the lack of signings? Two weeks tomorrow we start. As it stands we barely have a starting eleven and the back 4 is the real sticking point. I'm thinking it might be another season where we'll start badly due to lack of a squad and spend the season playing catch up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Signings and Transfers on 13:40 - Jul 27 with 4227 viewsRotherhamDale

Yeah I'm getting worried now...

Possession with progression.

Signings and Transfers on 16:15 - Jul 28 with 3789 viewselectricblue

We are now less than 2wks away from the season starting and i would have expected at least 3 signings maybe and then a few loanees before the tranfer window closes and possibly a couple of perminent players aswell....

Strange IMO why nobody as been signed.......

As for the reason behind this being the possible take over!
Nah i'm not believing that at all....

My feelings are that the finances are really bad at the club and the SC monies just isnt enough to help......

I do hope i'm wrong on the finances part though..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Signings and Transfers on 16:23 - Jul 28 with 3752 viewsHopwoodblue

Signings and Transfers on 16:15 - Jul 28 by electricblue

We are now less than 2wks away from the season starting and i would have expected at least 3 signings maybe and then a few loanees before the tranfer window closes and possibly a couple of perminent players aswell....

My feelings are that the finances are really bad at the club and the SC monies just isnt enough to help......

Surely the board would have given Stockdale the wage budget ?
I’m sure it must be ok as I can’t see him throwing himself under the bus with his first managerial appointment ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Signings and Transfers on 16:27 - Jul 28 with 3724 viewsBrierls

Signings and Transfers on 16:23 - Jul 28 by Hopwoodblue

Surely the board would have given Stockdale the wage budget ?
I’m sure it must be ok as I can’t see him throwing himself under the bus with his first managerial appointment ?

Stop with that logical thinking, this is the thread for scaremongering.
Signings and Transfers on 16:37 - Jul 28 with 3661 views442Dale

Signings and Transfers on 16:15 - Jul 28 by electricblue

As others have said, we are not unusual as other clubs are still playing plenty of trialists and haven’t finished recruiting. The football world is a different place to two summers ago, we’ve all got to get used to it, players included who may usually have expected to have signed for clubs ahead of pre-season training camps/friendlies.

We have to make the most of what we have (we’d still be in L1 if we had done that over the last year), accept that may mean a much smaller squad with limited options and for fans to show a lot of patience.

There’s a L2 preview from a lower league pundit on twitter, it actually illustrates how the division will be impossible to predict. Plus they referred to classic centre half Ashley Eastham as “refined ball-player”. Although not meant as a criticism to people who do obviously put in the work to cover L1&2, there is much too much thought put into football in the bottom two divisions. Tactical intricacies, buzzwords and wanting to fit in with the modern game are given far too much importance against the need to find a way to win matches that suits the players you have and gives entertainment to fans watching. Unfortunately, as we’ve seen with our previous manager, that appears to be overlooked in the main.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Signings and Transfers on 16:51 - Jul 28 with 3583 viewsD_Alien

Signings and Transfers on 16:37 - Jul 28 by 442Dale

As others have said, we are not unusual as other clubs are still playing plenty of trialists and haven’t finished recruiting. The football world is a different place to two summers ago, we’ve all got to get used to it, players included who may usually have expected to have signed for clubs ahead of pre-season training camps/friendlies.

We have to make the most of what we have (we’d still be in L1 if we had done that over the last year), accept that may mean a much smaller squad with limited options and for fans to show a lot of patience.

There’s a L2 preview from a lower league pundit on twitter, it actually illustrates how the division will be impossible to predict. Plus they referred to classic centre half Ashley Eastham as “refined ball-player”. Although not meant as a criticism to people who do obviously put in the work to cover L1&2, there is much too much thought put into football in the bottom two divisions. Tactical intricacies, buzzwords and wanting to fit in with the modern game are given far too much importance against the need to find a way to win matches that suits the players you have and gives entertainment to fans watching. Unfortunately, as we’ve seen with our previous manager, that appears to be overlooked in the main.

Fine analysis

The rot started with football people using the term "philosophy"

Talking about which, i wasn't going to post this but following MilnDale's earlier post about shares, i took the opportunity to check when he last posted and came across this thread from December 2012

My new blog by MilnDale 4 Dec 2012 13:36
Don't post very often on this site, but just had to say that i bloody enjoyed that debate. Think i may have learnt something in the process too.

Oh, the nostalgia for more innocent times, less than a decade ago

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signings and Transfers on 13:08 - Jul 29 with 2658 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I'm not concerned because it shows he isn't signing players just for the sake of it. He's obviously looking for people who will fit in with his ideas and standards. Better to wait for the right ones than hastily signing squad backups.
Signings and Transfers on 13:21 - Jul 29 with 2597 viewsDaleiLama

Signings and Transfers on 13:08 - Jul 29 by RooleyMoorBlue

I'm not concerned because it shows he isn't signing players just for the sake of it. He's obviously looking for people who will fit in with his ideas and standards. Better to wait for the right ones than hastily signing squad backups.

I'm far, far, far more concerned with the long term future of the club than the short term forthcoming season, even with "skin in the game" having bought a season ticket. I always saw this as a consolidation season, with anything else being gravy.

As of right now, the reasons the vultures circled in the first place, thinking RAFC was low-hanging fruit, have now been sweetened by £250-300k of SC money depending on split of concessions/adults/location, and then there are new kit sales to top up the balance sheet. We are surely at our most attractive financially from now til Xmas, but at least we have the benefit of seeing the mercenaries coming thanks to the diligence of many including the Trust, and the chance to mount a resistance.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 13:24]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Signings and Transfers on 13:53 - Jul 29 with 2449 viewsStourdale

Fingers crossed it's a left back.
Signings and Transfers on 14:02 - Jul 29 with 2350 viewsIOMDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/samgrahamannouncement/

Chalky, what can you tell us?

UTDNFS

Signings and Transfers on 14:03 - Jul 29 with 2336 viewsTomRAFC

Signings and Transfers on 13:53 - Jul 29 by Stourdale

Fingers crossed it's a left back.

Sam Graham from Sheffield United.

Not sure what position he plays in defence.

Chalky might know, from his time at Notts.

Would still like to see Max Taylor sign. I've heard good things from United fans.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:05]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Signings and Transfers on 14:05 - Jul 29 with 2313 viewsRotherhamDale

Looks like a centre back from a quick look online. Hopefully one of many..

Possession with progression.

Signings and Transfers on 14:06 - Jul 29 with 2298 viewsjs2006

Signings and Transfers on 14:03 - Jul 29 by TomRAFC

Sam Graham from Sheffield United.

Not sure what position he plays in defence.

Chalky might know, from his time at Notts.

Would still like to see Max Taylor sign. I've heard good things from United fans.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:05]

Wikipedia says CB so take with a grain of salt.

Also was he one of the trialists?
Signings and Transfers on 14:06 - Jul 29 with 2289 views_Windydale

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/sam-graham-signs-080920/

Notts county fans seem to like him.
Signings and Transfers on 14:07 - Jul 29 with 2280 viewsisitme

6 foot 3, with pace and power sounds good to me. With him still having a year left at Sheffield United it seems that he was keen to sign and get first team football, rather than waiting out the season on probably more money than he will be on here.

I wonder if he has been one of the trialists?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:08]
Signings and Transfers on 14:10 - Jul 29 with 2228 viewsNewbury_Dale

Did he play second half against Fleetwood ?
Signings and Transfers on 14:12 - Jul 29 with 2200 viewsStourdale

Signings and Transfers on 14:06 - Jul 29 by _Windydale

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/sam-graham-signs-080920/

Notts county fans seem to like him.

Sounds like he was doing well there then struggled to get back in the side after an injury lay off.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-look-
Signings and Transfers on 14:13 - Jul 29 with 2187 viewsTVOS1907

Signings and Transfers on 14:06 - Jul 29 by js2006

Wikipedia says CB so take with a grain of salt.

Also was he one of the trialists?

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Signings and Transfers on 14:13 - Jul 29 with 2177 viewsTVOS1907

Signings and Transfers on 14:10 - Jul 29 by Newbury_Dale

No, first time we've seen him

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Signings and Transfers on 14:20 - Jul 29 with 2097 viewsDaleiLama

@SpaffNCFC comments: "Very solid if can keep him fit"

@_Alex blade: "Rochdale got a good player on there hands great young defender"

"He's a big, strong no nonsense type. He's been hovering around the first team for years but hasn't really pushed on. His recent loans were Notts County and Central Coast Mariners, both seemed to like him"
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:28]

Signings and Transfers on 14:21 - Jul 29 with 2073 viewsTomRAFC

Signings and Transfers on 14:10 - Jul 29 by Newbury_Dale

No. That might have been Cyriaque Mayounga, who was released by Wolves, but I'm not certain.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Signings and Transfers on 14:32 - Jul 29 with 1921 viewsD_Alien

Signings and Transfers on 14:20 - Jul 29 by DaleiLama

@SpaffNCFC comments: "Very solid if can keep him fit"

@_Alex blade: "Rochdale got a good player on there hands great young defender"

"He's a big, strong no nonsense type. He's been hovering around the first team for years but hasn't really pushed on. His recent loans were Notts County and Central Coast Mariners, both seemed to like him"
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:28]

Pleased with this, and sounds like he'll integrate well with the rest of the lads

Might be a bit raw to begin with but the perfect opportunity to progress his career

Welcome Sam

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signings and Transfers on 14:37 - Jul 29 with 1849 viewsDaleiLama

Signings and Transfers on 14:32 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Pleased with this, and sounds like he'll integrate well with the rest of the lads

Might be a bit raw to begin with but the perfect opportunity to progress his career

Welcome Sam

This comment amused me:

"Physically strong, no nonsense defender. Sadly injury prone and greener than a pepper tree but if you keep him fit, he can develop into a unit of a defender. Hope it all goes well!"

Who knows - he could be the next Daws? He's keen as mustard which is all you can ask right now.

Signings and Transfers on 14:43 - Jul 29 with 1790 viewsjonahwhereru

Happy with this, and calms my nerves about the board being reticent about signings while the soap opera plays out.
Plays in an area badly needing numbers, is big, with experience in and around league level. Not dissimilar to Osho in that regard.
Interesting that he wasn’t on trial with us. More to come soon I think.
Welcome Sam, good luck.
Signings and Transfers on 14:46 - Jul 29 with 1741 viewsDaleiLama

Wow - someone's on the ball - updated already!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Graham

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024