Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... 22:05 - Aug 10 with 37216 viewsRAFCBLUE

.....to dump the shares in Rochdale Football Club that his clients Andrew Curran and Darrell Rose don't yet legally own at £6 a share!

Here's the thing folks.

Young Jarvis has set all of this up on a bit of a flyer.

Back in early May, Alexander Jarvis is claiming in leaked emails that Alexander Jarvis met with former CEO David Bottomley with regard to a takeover of the club.

David Bottomley openly admitted in public interveiws available on YouTube that he wanted an outside investor and a training ground for Dale and was prepared to compromise the integrity 100 years of league football to do that and so that he could be a part of a club that owned its own training ground.

Jarvis wanted to do a deal - any deal he could given quite a poor track record of failing with a number of football clubs where he was the nearly man.

Here's the first bit of humour. Jarvis reckoned he was so much brighter than most at the club he was bragging about it to quite a lot of people. Jarvis believed that those running the club doesn't really understand business and that he'd be able to be used and moulded to what Jarvis wanted and then tossed aside.

At the Swindon game on 13th April, the one with the protest, a secret behind closed doors beauty parade was held. Andy Curran was in the building that night.

Rochdale were relegated vs Doncaster and (as witnesses have noted) the champagne was opened. Relegated and hopeless under BBM a takeover would now be seen as a positive if Rochdale wanted to "survive"

Bottomley and Rawlinson were removed democratically at an EGM on 1 June 2021 by a Trust motion in line delivered in line with the Companies Act.

Jarvis persevered. Opportunists always do.

A deal was verbally done for Andrew Kilpatrick's shares. Jarvis arranged an Non Disclosure Agreement - "NDA" with Kilpatrick and a power of attorney so that he could control the 110,000 shares. Roughly 22% of the club.

Similarly Jarvis then reached across the pond to the United States of America and did the same trick with Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli. Two more NDAs, two more powers of attorney and hey presto another 74,685 shares. Roughly 14% of the club with that transaction and now 36% of the club all in.

This is easy pickings thought Jarvis and armed with both a list of shareholders and their contact details, David Bottomley's pre-AGM presentation and other information sourced from his relationship with the former CEO, he set about trying to secure a further 14% of shares. Alexander Jarvis has emailed David Bottomley's private shareholder presentation to external parties which does make you question how Alexander Jarvis got hold of it? I am sure that these emails from Alexander Jarvis could be reproduced in the public domain if required.

Curran and Rose were persuaded by Jarvis to then move their funds to a law firm; Gateley PLC and Gateley PLC were given the job of rounding up all of the documents for Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli and writing them in such a way that meant the payment was completely conditional on getting control of the club.

Gateley PLC were asked to advises on a range of corporate matters, including the acquisition and general corporate governance matters. The money still sits in their hands and hasn't move as the deal hasn't moved as Jarvis wanted.

Now, we all then know that Jarvis makes a big mistake and lets the cat out of the bag. His Blackbridge Sports email address is compromised and in the process he manages to loses a lot of his own data - ironic really that having been handed the private email addresses and phone numbers of certain shareholders, which he used to make emails as calls, he makes the rookie error of leaving his data unprotected.

The breach exposed Curran and Rose and all they had previously kept secret.

Meanwhile in London, Andrew Kilpatrick is saying "Where is my money Alex?"

In the USA, Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli are asking "When will we complete and get paid Alex?"

Jarvis tells them some cock and bull story about "the next few days" and from that bedlam ensues with the EFL. Rochdale fans are called "small minded" and "nancy boys" by one of the buying party and Jarvis has to backtrack in the Daily Telegraph.

The upshot is, the Curran and Rose have been committed to nearly £1m of purchases that they can't get out of but they don't want to make those purchases unless they can guarantee control.

They are exposed financially and they can't simply withdraw than money back out of Gateley PLC.

They've gone from being really keen to buy the club to being really keen to not buy the club.

Andy Curran isn't answering his phone anymore, Alex Jarvis has not go a lot of friends left as between people at the club, Curran and Rose no one has got what they have wanted.

So tonight, if you want to buy Rochdale shares from Jarvis you can do so for the sum of £6 a share.

Jarvis is now a seller not a buyer because, if he doesn't complete the purchases of Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli then they will sue him and sue Curran and Rose for what is known legally as "specific performance" or in English - pay me what I am owed.

The last thing that Darrell Rose and Andrew Curran want is to turn up in the High Court being sued by Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli.

The second last thing they want is to sink a cool million quid into a minority shareholding of a well organised, well run and well mobilised club where virtually every supporter knows forensic details about them that are in the public domain. Supporters invariably have long memories.

So too do the folks at HMRC, various landlords of rental properties that have rent owning and anyone who wants to type their names into Google, including the EFL and quite a lot of Swindon Town fans!

Add into that a sprinkling of a cast of characters, Kelly Curran, Taylor Curran, Denise Valarie Courtnell, Oliver Rose, Faical Safouane, Mark Farrugia and many more and the whole thing is completely in the public domain.

At £6 a share Jarvis is trying to save face and his skin and make his clients a 20% return in order to pay Gateley PLC's not insubstantial legal fees.

Practically those shares are all worthless because there is no market for them.

And the best bit - Alex Jarvis is the one who has breached his own NDA's. Andrew Kilpatrick and Dan Altman will be FUMING to find out that that we know that they would sell the club down the river.

You really could not make this up! Or could you?!

Next up for Dale - Scunthorpe United (H).
Next up for Jarvis - Essex (A)

[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 19:55]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 09:25 - Aug 11 with 3171 viewsBucketBstard

Looks like Jarvis might have to step into the Essex boxing ring :-)
Being a scouser he will want to bring 5 of his mates along LOL
Good luck
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 09:55 - Aug 11 with 3106 viewsSandyman

Something for Gateley's to consider...

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/sra-demands-law-firms-confirm-they-are-playing

"This summer, 13 firms have been fined for failing to make a declaration in time that they were complying with anti-money laundering regulations, although in all cases those sanctioned had waited at least a year to complete the task."
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 10:14 - Aug 11 with 3023 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

A buyer can offer anything they like, for the likes of Kilpatrick who inherited his dads shares & other directors presumably awarded shares in lieu of service to the club it’s pure profit. Curran & Rose are the problem but they might just want to jump ship now, who knows?
Maybe our Merseyside friend might sell his no doubt “massive” house in order to move somewhere very far away & pay off certain people…
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 10:18 - Aug 11 with 2997 views49thseason

Kilpatricks Dad was a proper supporter who loaned the club £100,000 to buy O'Grady, rather than be repaid in cash , he accepted 100,000 shares.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 10:30 - Aug 11 with 2944 views1907

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 10:18 - Aug 11 by 49thseason

Kilpatricks Dad was a proper supporter who loaned the club £100,000 to buy O'Grady, rather than be repaid in cash , he accepted 100,000 shares.

It’s absolutely disgraceful how his son has managed his legacy.

I honestly do not understand how he can look at himself in the mirror at the minute.

If he had a shred of remorse about his actions, now would be a really good opportunity to salvage his family name.

All actions have consequences however that doesn’t mean they can’t be reversed.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 10:59 - Aug 11 with 2821 viewskel

Silver or brass?
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:08 - Aug 11 with 2797 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 10:30 - Aug 11 by 1907

It’s absolutely disgraceful how his son has managed his legacy.

I honestly do not understand how he can look at himself in the mirror at the minute.

If he had a shred of remorse about his actions, now would be a really good opportunity to salvage his family name.

All actions have consequences however that doesn’t mean they can’t be reversed.

I doubt he'd have the footballs to stand up in front of 2,500 Dale fans on a Saturday afternoon to say sorry. Makes you wonder what the rest of his family think of him.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:09 - Aug 11 with 2793 viewsDaleiLama

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 10:59 - Aug 11 by kel

Silver or brass?

Brass would be better to reinforce his neck

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:14 - Aug 11 with 2778 viewsNewbury_Dale

Upon joining the Board, Mr Kilpatrick said: “It is a great honour. My father was previously on the Board and was Vice-Chairman for a while, and, as a result, I have Rochdale in my blood, having grown up supporting Rochdale AFC.

“My family has had a long association with the football club and I look forward to that continuing.”

In my blood. Dear me.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:22 - Aug 11 with 2740 viewskel

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:14 - Aug 11 by Newbury_Dale

Upon joining the Board, Mr Kilpatrick said: “It is a great honour. My father was previously on the Board and was Vice-Chairman for a while, and, as a result, I have Rochdale in my blood, having grown up supporting Rochdale AFC.

“My family has had a long association with the football club and I look forward to that continuing.”

In my blood. Dear me.

One often wonders what those “personal reasons” he left the club for were.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:24 - Aug 11 with 2726 viewsJames1980

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:22 - Aug 11 by kel

One often wonders what those “personal reasons” he left the club for were.

If he is getting £6 a share about 2/3rds of a million of them

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:27 - Aug 11 with 2700 viewskel

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:24 - Aug 11 by James1980

Aye, not to be sniffed at but I did hear that it’s not as if he needs the money. Unless his lifestyle requires lots of it.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 12:23 - Aug 11 with 2533 viewsfitzochris

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:27 - Aug 11 by kel

Aye, not to be sniffed at but I did hear that it’s not as if he needs the money. Unless his lifestyle requires lots of it.

Where there's muck, there's brass.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:10 - Aug 11 with 2390 viewsjonahwhereru

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 22:39 - Aug 10 by RAFCBLUE

You can assign the right to buy it judd.

https://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/how-to-buy-business

Commercial contracts

In any business there are ongoing contracts. These will be for supply of the goods or services of that business and for the purchase of goods and services of every kind. A business seller might assume that all such contracts will be transferred with the business assets. This is not so. The contract is with the owner of the business, whether a company or individual.

The other party to a contract may be in a position to cancel or rescind a contract if you sell the business. It is therefore most important that you prepare the ground on all contracts, so that the buyer can obtain the benefit of them. Some contracts will be transferable without notice, some only with notice or consent. You should make sure the consent is in writing in the case of all contracts which go to the heart of the business. It may be necessary to novate some contracts after discussion with the third party concerned.

I expect that these contacts with Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli are in the name of Morton House.

Morton House can novate that to another person - judd for example - but Jarvis is insistent that judd pays £6 a share to Morton House for it.

Then Morton House receives £6 a share - pays what it has agreed to Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli and pocket the difference.

Easy money but Jarvis needs a buyer!

Don’t pay £6 a share Judd, don’t do it!!!
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:49 - Aug 11 with 2288 viewsBrierls

He didn't show his face at Spotland as much as he lead others to believe in the first place.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 13:59]
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:25 - Aug 11 with 2204 viewsDorkingDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 22:32 - Aug 10 by RAFCBLUE

Based on press reports, Andrew Kelly has committed his shares to the Dale Trust.

I do not believe that Alexander Jarvis has a NDA or agreement in place with Andrew Kelly unlike the ones that he has got with Andrew Kilpatrick, Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli.

So what's this legal action to prevent the Trust buying his shares about?
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:33 - Aug 11 with 2179 viewsDorkingDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 08:30 - Aug 11 by NorthernDale

If it is true, then I would offer no more then £3 a share and they can take the loss, I wonder if the council would assist in providing the funds to buy the shares, treat the club as a community asset.

The Council don't have enough £ to run the borough ATM, never mind spare cash to buy shares in the club.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:37 - Aug 11 with 2164 viewsD_Alien

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:25 - Aug 11 by DorkingDale

So what's this legal action to prevent the Trust buying his shares about?

That's what i was trying to get at. If there's no longer pressure on Andrew Kelly to sell to anyone other than who he chooses to do (which i presume the legal action was about), surely the acquisition by the Trust could go ahead now - or as soon as its established that the action has been dropped

Why would the evil bidders want to continue with it, at their expense, if they're trying to offload liability for shares they've committed to buying?

It's fully understandable if the details need to remain outside the public domain, but the gist of the matter can't be much different from how it looks from the outside

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:40 - Aug 11 with 3495 viewsDorkingDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 11:24 - Aug 11 by James1980

I understood RAFCBlue to say that Jarvis is trying to sell the shares for a profit, so the original shareholders will be getting less than £6 in renumeration - less legal fees & associated costs.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:47 - Aug 11 with 3436 views49thseason

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:37 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

That's what i was trying to get at. If there's no longer pressure on Andrew Kelly to sell to anyone other than who he chooses to do (which i presume the legal action was about), surely the acquisition by the Trust could go ahead now - or as soon as its established that the action has been dropped

Why would the evil bidders want to continue with it, at their expense, if they're trying to offload liability for shares they've committed to buying?

It's fully understandable if the details need to remain outside the public domain, but the gist of the matter can't be much different from how it looks from the outside

If they bought them for less than £6 it makes perfect sense to try and sell them at £6 each. There seems to be an unending list of dodgy people who want to launder cash through a football club. If it becomes know that they have say 40% there is bound to be someone else who fancies their chances of getting to 50%+1 if they have enough money to offer ridiculous amounts. If someone has 200 or 300 shares and gets offered £10 each do you think they wouldnt be tempted?
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:55 - Aug 11 with 3404 viewsNorthernDale

Perhaps it was one last throw of the dice in getting control, we had the £10 a share offer, the angry zoom call, but the hard work in digging up the dirt on the shysters by brilliant number of Dale fans, the issues it as raised with the EFL, the prospect of the HMRC and the SFO looking into the company and Curran and Rose may have worried them. I would also say, crucially the fight back by the Dale fans, who the shysters thought would accept them with a whimper, no doubt based on misinformation from our former CEO, may have made them think, enough is enough.

Hopefully, if it is correct that Jarvis is looking to offload the shares, then hopefully we get them in the hands of true Dale fans, but I would say the victory is not achieved until we have the shares, because it could a ploy to get us to drop our guard and attacks on them.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:00 - Aug 11 with 3375 viewsD_Alien

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:55 - Aug 11 by NorthernDale

Perhaps it was one last throw of the dice in getting control, we had the £10 a share offer, the angry zoom call, but the hard work in digging up the dirt on the shysters by brilliant number of Dale fans, the issues it as raised with the EFL, the prospect of the HMRC and the SFO looking into the company and Curran and Rose may have worried them. I would also say, crucially the fight back by the Dale fans, who the shysters thought would accept them with a whimper, no doubt based on misinformation from our former CEO, may have made them think, enough is enough.

Hopefully, if it is correct that Jarvis is looking to offload the shares, then hopefully we get them in the hands of true Dale fans, but I would say the victory is not achieved until we have the shares, because it could a ploy to get us to drop our guard and attacks on them.

That's a fair point

The dropping of the legal action preventing the Andrew Kelly sale of shares to the Trust would be a clear indication of their true stance

Failure to drop it would indicate they're still in the game

[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 15:01]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 18:10 - Aug 11 with 3001 viewsRAFCBLUE

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:55 - Aug 11 by NorthernDale

It's been a rollercoaster process, that's for sure.

The common theme that comes from all of your points there ND is "Pressure".

The more pressure that they have exerted on the club the more that a large group of people have just simply slotted in to their roles, unearthed some absolute gems on the character and integrity of those putting themselves forward and just waited for time.

The facts remain:
* Not one share transfer for received by the club's Board to be considered to be approved in a Board meeting.
* The club is solvent and secure on the back of circa 1,600 season ticket holders and scheduled player divestment of Rathbone and Humphreys which has put money into the club.
* The sources of the funding of the buyers is, at best, unknown and at worst, highly questionable.
* The sustainability of that finance is non-existent without a plan to rack up loans into the club secured, one assumes against its tangible assets.
* There has been no public statement of intent from the possible new owners or their mouthpiece Jarvis.
* On the face of it, there isn't actually a takeover.

The transfer window closes on Tuesday 31st August - 20 days from now.

At that point there is no ability for anyone to get any money out of players, not that we have players to sell.

The longer this rumbles on, the less and less likely they buyers are to be able to complete and that will come with its own penalties of not shelling out to Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli.

The misinformation that they would have been handed from our former CEO has a shelf life - it is already out of date.

The last throw of the dice is a very good way to put it. Hopefully the EFL are growing bored of the distraction and will just rule them out as passing the Owners' and Directors' test - at least until such a time that they come back with a proper plan and proper accredited funding.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 00:51 - Aug 12 with 2709 viewsJumeirahDale

It's astounding RAFCBLUE managed all this with his "small mind". Imagine how much sh!t these guys would have taken if he had a big clever shiny one like theirs!
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 02:54 - Aug 12 with 2673 viewsAussieDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 00:51 - Aug 12 by JumeirahDale

It's astounding RAFCBLUE managed all this with his "small mind". Imagine how much sh!t these guys would have taken if he had a big clever shiny one like theirs!

RAFCBLUE is deserving of a place alongside Cloughie, well almost, if his fantastic work in this tawdry affair leads to the EFL slamming the door on these conmen. Is the fact that the EFL has not yet done so cause for concern. Wonder what relationship Bottomley cultivated with the EFL whilst he was CEO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024