Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan Altmans Statement 09:32 - Oct 15 with 10070 viewswozzrafc

If any of you have not seen Dan Altmans statement regarding the sale of their shares

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6
Dan Altmans Statement on 09:45 - Oct 15 with 6192 viewstony_roch975

hand-washing Pilate would have been proud of

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:48 - Oct 15 with 6177 viewsDaleiLama

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:45 - Oct 15 by tony_roch975

hand-washing Pilate would have been proud of

Washing machine set on spin cycle

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:52 - Oct 15 with 6144 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Always good to see the names Andy Curran and Darrell Rose being further publicised to a global audience.

Strange timing on the announcement too... it feels a proactive response to something negative about to come out.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:56 - Oct 15 with 6111 viewsJames1980

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:48 - Oct 15 by DaleiLama

Washing machine set on spin cycle

'Statement from Dan and Emre' A twin tub perhaps.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dan Altmans Statement on 10:02 - Oct 15 with 6088 viewswozzrafc

Dan Altmans Statement on 09:52 - Oct 15 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

Always good to see the names Andy Curran and Darrell Rose being further publicised to a global audience.

Strange timing on the announcement too... it feels a proactive response to something negative about to come out.

I think its in response to some of the negative replys to Dan Altman's post about the newcastle sale on twitter. They have relised that they will not be able to function on social media without being hounded. They have released this statement in a hope to get their side of the story out there.

In some ways I think that was a mistake that the new board didnt reach out the americans after the EGM, even if it was to let them know where they stood., However there was enough for them to deal with so probably overlooked, and it is a two way street.

When they decided to sell, and knowing that the new directors had committed to buy shares you would have hoped that they would have reached out to the club, instead of turning to Curran and Rose. That was their choice and they have to stand by that decision.

They are trying to make out they did what was in the best intrest of the club, but the only way they could have ensured this was to talk to the club. Instead they took curran's cash and for that they will be forever judged by true Dalefans.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 10:40]
Dan Altmans Statement on 10:19 - Oct 15 with 6026 viewswozzrafc

One thing this statement does do is totally blow Simon Stones account of the timeline of events!!

How could Morton House be excluded from the EGM as owners if they didn’t by the shares until one month later?
Dan Altmans Statement on 10:42 - Oct 15 with 5943 viewsBigKindo

For the benefit of those who are not registered with Linkedin please could someone copy and paste. Thank you.
Dan Altmans Statement on 10:44 - Oct 15 with 5940 viewsDalenet

I don't think there is anything unreasonable in their statement. We don't know what has been said and they obviously have never felt embraced by either Board. It's disappointing they chose to sell to who they have, but if you didn't feel welcome, and the existing Board was seeking alternative investors, why would you hold on. Somebody pops along and offers you a profit and you move on.

I don't blame them. They are business people. If they hadn't been sold the shares to begin with they wouldn't have been part of the game of the poker over summer.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 22:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Dan Altmans Statement on 10:54 - Oct 15 with 5917 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Dan Altmans Statement on 10:42 - Oct 15 by BigKindo

For the benefit of those who are not registered with Linkedin please could someone copy and paste. Thank you.

its here BK - if you still can't see it let us know & we'll send it via DM.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:06 - Oct 15 with 5880 viewsrochedale

I might be wide of the mark here but, Dan does come across really well, and if we were to look for outside investment maybe Dan and Emre were the guys to take us forward 🤷‍♂️ Guess we’ll never know now.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:06 - Oct 15 with 5871 viewsboromat

Here's the original https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6

I don't think this says anything more than we already knew. The quick decision to sell, a month was it, means I don't really buy their excuse of not having contact with the new board. They'd obviously had an offer that made them some money. What annoys me is the moral posts they put out on social media but when it came to making a quick buck they couldn't be bothered to do their due diligence, from a couple of guys who run an analytics company! Nah they can rot with the rest of them.

Edit: Just a note that the LinkedIn post had comments turned off.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 11:08]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:30 - Oct 15 with 5784 viewsfinberty

Excellent advertisement for their data Analytics thing, linking it so well with BBM's abject relegation.

Ace.
Dan Altmans Statement on 11:41 - Oct 15 with 5748 viewsjudd

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:06 - Oct 15 by boromat

Here's the original https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6

I don't think this says anything more than we already knew. The quick decision to sell, a month was it, means I don't really buy their excuse of not having contact with the new board. They'd obviously had an offer that made them some money. What annoys me is the moral posts they put out on social media but when it came to making a quick buck they couldn't be bothered to do their due diligence, from a couple of guys who run an analytics company! Nah they can rot with the rest of them.

Edit: Just a note that the LinkedIn post had comments turned off.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 11:08]

The first 3 of the new board were not appointed until 16th June, so effectively only 2 weeks.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dan Altmans Statement on 12:15 - Oct 15 with 5612 viewsBrierls

Dan Altmans Statement on 11:06 - Oct 15 by rochedale

I might be wide of the mark here but, Dan does come across really well, and if we were to look for outside investment maybe Dan and Emre were the guys to take us forward 🤷‍♂️ Guess we’ll never know now.

I agree, Altman comes across very well. But lets not forget Altman & Marcelli's 'investment' plan involved loans.

I can understand them selling if their proposals weren't being accepted, or even acknowledged, but I'm not buying into them believing Curran & Rose were good for the club. They sold their shares for a profit without a care for the future of the club. That statement is to save face, not offer a genuine explanation.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 12:35]
Dan Altmans Statement on 12:49 - Oct 15 with 5519 viewselectricblue

Dan Altmans Statement on 12:15 - Oct 15 by Brierls

I agree, Altman comes across very well. But lets not forget Altman & Marcelli's 'investment' plan involved loans.

I can understand them selling if their proposals weren't being accepted, or even acknowledged, but I'm not buying into them believing Curran & Rose were good for the club. They sold their shares for a profit without a care for the future of the club. That statement is to save face, not offer a genuine explanation.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 12:35]

So Altman and Emri sell their 15% interest to Curran and Rose the question then why didnt these two villans follow protocol and send the paperwork to the club!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Dan Altmans Statement on 13:46 - Oct 15 with 5338 viewsBigKindo

Dan Altmans Statement on 10:54 - Oct 15 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

its here BK - if you still can't see it let us know & we'll send it via DM.

Thank you. Managed to download it.
Dan Altmans Statement on 13:56 - Oct 15 with 5288 viewswozzrafc

Dan Altmans Statement on 12:49 - Oct 15 by electricblue

So Altman and Emri sell their 15% interest to Curran and Rose the question then why didnt these two villans follow protocol and send the paperwork to the club!

That’s an easy one as it would have alerted the club to there plans.
Dan Altmans Statement on 14:10 - Oct 15 with 5240 viewstony_roch975

Dan Altmans Statement on 10:44 - Oct 15 by Dalenet

I don't think there is anything unreasonable in their statement. We don't know what has been said and they obviously have never felt embraced by either Board. It's disappointing they chose to sell to who they have, but if you didn't feel welcome, and the existing Board was seeking alternative investors, why would you hold on. Somebody pops along and offers you a profit and you move on.

I don't blame them. They are business people. If they hadn't been sold the shares to begin with they wouldn't have been part of the game of the poker over summer.

Nothing unreasonable- such a self-serving & arrogant statement is par for the course for many business people.

Altman came across to me as if he thought he was doing us a favour by potentially having Dale provide his analytics software with a public football platform - presumably he wasn't ever going to charge us or indeed anyone for his system!

My gran often reminded me that 2 'wrongs' don't make a 'right'; so I'm completely unimpressed - 'selling off the family silver' is just the sort of spite-based justification which probably led CD to open this can of worms in the first place.

His 'performance' at the A/EGMs was just that - a performance. As I've said before, beware any leaders and demand they be held accountable (& removeable) at all times.

And, as others have said, Altmans' virtue-signalling ('stone throwing') is in severe danger of leading to his laceration by the flying shards from the glasshouse he inhabits.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dan Altmans Statement on 14:57 - Oct 15 with 5155 views49thseason

There are a couple of, hings that strike me about the latest letter. 1. There is still no solid information about what got them spooked, presumeably they got wind that the club was being touted for sale? 2. They are still insisting they could have brought £3m into the club without debt. An interesting proposition which omits the notion that they needed 51% of the club beforehand.
I guess the bottom line for RAFC is " did the software work decisively enough to suggest it was capable of being a major element in finding new players who are under the radar and capable of being sold at a profit"? And if so is there an opportunity to continue to use it?

Its a little disturbing that they claim not to have been contacted by the new Board when you might have thought that securing the votes of major shareholders against a takeover would have been near the top of the Boards agenda.

What strange times we are in!
Dan Altmans Statement on 15:34 - Oct 15 with 5045 viewsBigKindo

Am I correct in thinking that their project appeared to have no financial risk involved for them personally?
Brewers when wishing to market a new brew undertake a trial batch to see how it 'works out' before going into full production. Could we have been the 'trial batch' and if consumable they then r ode off into the sunset with amended CV's in their quest for bigger and richer pickings elsewhere? And if the new brew failed it could be dispensed down the plug hole.
Dan Altmans Statement on 17:49 - Oct 15 with 4781 viewsColDale

We shared a few emails back and forth with Dan and Emre following the EGM, and asked them of their future plans. In one such email, and they were happy for us to share this with the Board (which we did), they stated “We would be glad to join the Board under two conditions. The first is that the Board would move to bring in a new CEO, regardless of the potential cost of doing so. The second is that we would have control of the football budget at a level set annually by the Board. We hope the Board will appreciate the importance of oversight by Directors who have substantial experience in football and existing relationships with the technical staff.”

I've never looked on Dan and Emre in the same light as Bottomley, Rawlinson and A Kilpatrick, as they never professed a long term love of the Club, and they were always honest enough to admit that their interest in the Club was their use of their scouting company SmarterScout that they thought would be mutually beneficial (which who knows it might well have been).

It was a financial interest that I've no doubt brought them affection for the club, but it was without doubt a financial interest. Would the success of Rochdale AFC ever be a higher priority than the success of SmarterScout? So there wasn't the responsibility to hang on to their shares in the same way someone should have done had those shares been passed down from a father who loved the Club

It would have been impossible for any Board, especially a fledgling Board like we had at the time, to allow two Directors (with a combined shareholding of just 15%)to have full control of the Football Budget and therefore the authority over all transfers in and out of the Club. Given that this was deemed to be a non negotiable about future involvement in the Club, it is not surprising that their offer was never taken up. Could really have appoiinted a replacement for BBM after explaining at interview that two fellas in New York were in charge of the signings?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 17:50]
Dan Altmans Statement on 18:23 - Oct 15 with 4658 viewsjonahwhereru

Dan Altmans Statement on 10:44 - Oct 15 by Dalenet

Agree with much of this.
However we must remember that Altman and Co were only going to have a transient financial interest in the Dale. They were only ever loaning the club money and freely admitted they expected to move on to bigger things.
I always had my guard up with them, but after the AGM I suggested that it was the time to bring them into the tent and ask again if they wanted a board position. That never happened and they walked away.
They had no obligation to dig into who was offering to buy the shares or why, and being businessmen with self interest at heart no one should have expected them not to take the money and run.
Am I disappointed the relationship didn’t flourish, no. Was I right to have my guard up, absolutely.
Time to move on.
Dan Altmans Statement on 18:33 - Oct 15 with 4614 views49thseason

Dan Altmans Statement on 17:49 - Oct 15 by ColDale

We shared a few emails back and forth with Dan and Emre following the EGM, and asked them of their future plans. In one such email, and they were happy for us to share this with the Board (which we did), they stated “We would be glad to join the Board under two conditions. The first is that the Board would move to bring in a new CEO, regardless of the potential cost of doing so. The second is that we would have control of the football budget at a level set annually by the Board. We hope the Board will appreciate the importance of oversight by Directors who have substantial experience in football and existing relationships with the technical staff.”

I've never looked on Dan and Emre in the same light as Bottomley, Rawlinson and A Kilpatrick, as they never professed a long term love of the Club, and they were always honest enough to admit that their interest in the Club was their use of their scouting company SmarterScout that they thought would be mutually beneficial (which who knows it might well have been).

It was a financial interest that I've no doubt brought them affection for the club, but it was without doubt a financial interest. Would the success of Rochdale AFC ever be a higher priority than the success of SmarterScout? So there wasn't the responsibility to hang on to their shares in the same way someone should have done had those shares been passed down from a father who loved the Club

It would have been impossible for any Board, especially a fledgling Board like we had at the time, to allow two Directors (with a combined shareholding of just 15%)to have full control of the Football Budget and therefore the authority over all transfers in and out of the Club. Given that this was deemed to be a non negotiable about future involvement in the Club, it is not surprising that their offer was never taken up. Could really have appoiinted a replacement for BBM after explaining at interview that two fellas in New York were in charge of the signings?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 17:50]

Fascinating insight, thank you. That they wanted a new CEO irrespective of cost is telling and damning. They clearly knew something was being cooked up behind the scenes that didnt suit their purpose or the club's.

If they assumed Bottom was going to continue as CEO and that a new set of investors were coming in, little wonder they sold their shares.

I have to admit I thought their arrival on the Board given their apparent expertise and fnancial connections in the US would be a good move and it would be unfortunate if they are unwelcome here. Better to build bridges than trenches where possible I would have thought.
Dan Altmans Statement on 19:06 - Oct 15 with 4528 viewsDevonDale

Dan Altmans Statement on 18:33 - Oct 15 by 49thseason

Fascinating insight, thank you. That they wanted a new CEO irrespective of cost is telling and damning. They clearly knew something was being cooked up behind the scenes that didnt suit their purpose or the club's.

If they assumed Bottom was going to continue as CEO and that a new set of investors were coming in, little wonder they sold their shares.

I have to admit I thought their arrival on the Board given their apparent expertise and fnancial connections in the US would be a good move and it would be unfortunate if they are unwelcome here. Better to build bridges than trenches where possible I would have thought.

The Americans have always come across as being professionals (which engender a degree of respect) in their dealings and interaction with the club, regardless of the fact that ultimately their investment would have been a business transaction for them. You couldn't say the same about Bottom, Jarvis, Curran, Rose, Southall...
Dan Altmans Statement on 19:46 - Oct 15 with 4432 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Dan Altmans Statement on 19:06 - Oct 15 by DevonDale

The Americans have always come across as being professionals (which engender a degree of respect) in their dealings and interaction with the club, regardless of the fact that ultimately their investment would have been a business transaction for them. You couldn't say the same about Bottom, Jarvis, Curran, Rose, Southall...

In my eyes they come across in a very slick professional light whilst at the same time having some regrets about how things turned out and some disappointment in the lack of professionalism shown by others, wanting to take over the transfer dealings showed how little confidence they had in BBM, Arse and the board in general.

The lack of professionalism was clearly there, BBM and his stupid interviews, new contract, Arse lying about things like income/gross profit and having the Dale page changed when he got caught out (bURY game I think he claimed we lost £80k profit before it was edited as that was bollocks), clearly Arse was the dictator, and like Hendo before him, they did not like him or how he operated, so I can’t blame them for wanting out.

They do seem regretful in how things turned out and it appears Arse is mainly to blame and the reason they decided to go, which makes sense as they went public way before they sold. They will have made a few quid but I think they would honestly have preferred to see us go up or reach the play offs in L1 rather than sell and make some cash. They come across as genuine whilst protecting their own reputation and I think they came in with the best intentions, something that cannot be said for Arse and the others, who have not bothered to issue any form of statement.

Shame it never worked out for them and I bare them no malice, saving that for the Manipulative one. I really hope the sale has to be unwound and that Arse gets a nice visit requesting the funds be repaid!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024