Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage (a) Match Thread 07:59 - Aug 16 with 31599 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:29 - Aug 16 with 3153 viewsNorthernDale

Why can we not defend set pieces, but in truth we created very little and the goal was coming, my god, we are a poor team this season.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:30 - Aug 16 with 3134 viewsNigeriamark

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:26 - Aug 16 by dawlishdale

And there it fookin is.. a goal from a corner .

Not good enough again.

Wonder what the record is for most consecutive games conceding a goal from a set piece. 4 games on the trot, 4 free headers.

Deserve to be behind, as pointed out we are dreadful and almost looked as if we were playing for 0-0 from the start
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:31 - Aug 16 with 3109 views100notout

This absolutely shocking. Don't think we've had one shot on goal never mind a shot on target
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 20:32]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:32 - Aug 16 with 3055 viewsDale_4_Life

No idea from our own goal kicks... inviting immediate pressure by faffing at the back.

We just cannot get going..... Stevenage look well drilled organised and hungry.

This is a grim watch.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:32 - Aug 16 with 3048 viewsCrede_Sign0

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:27 - Aug 16 by HullDale

Corner. Zonal marking. Free header. Goal.

I think we're in 45 minutes to save his job territory for Stockdale here.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 20:27]

I think so - woeful.
Rodders on his own - the other 2 in Tulloch and Henderson might as well not be there, those two are contributing nowt going forwards and don’t even help pack if out in the middle. Would love to know what he’s actually asked them 2 to do.
Great save before the corner and Nelson’s had a good half.
Rabbit and hat time
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 20:42]
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:34 - Aug 16 with 2963 viewsDalenet

Just when you think we can't get any worse. Even Scunthorpe were better than this last season. We have gone backwards by a country mile. Too slow and can't hold possession. I am beginning to worry now.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:35 - Aug 16 with 2946 viewsMoonyDale

I said on a different thread that if we got to 6 games without any points he would have to go....Looks like it's 4 from 4 and I wouldn't even give him the other 2...It's a no from me...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:39 - Aug 16 with 2822 viewsSaxonDale

Clueless. No clear game-plan, no energy and simply second best in every aspect. If it stays like this he’s gone before the weekend. It’d be infuriating if the set pieces were costing us in an otherwise good footballing team but it’s not the case. We are dreadful and haven’t been this bad for years.
Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:39 - Aug 16 with 2820 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:39 - Aug 16 with 2818 viewsTrev

That was rubbish. I dont like to accuse players of not trying but these guys don't exactly look like they're busting a gut for the manager.

I'm concerned that even when Robbie gets sacked next week we'll still have to deal with this squad which seems even weaker than last season.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:40 - Aug 16 with 2793 viewskel

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 2754 viewsKenBoon

The inability to defend set pieces is a distraction from the actual problem. The team is just really, really terrible. Just about the least talented 'dale team i've seen.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:42 - Aug 16 with 2723 viewsNorthernDale

Remember what Stockdale stated, we will sign 'quality, rather then quantity', well on that basis, he as failed, so far.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:42 - Aug 16 with 2717 views49thseason

There is nothing on the bench either.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:45 - Aug 16 with 2626 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:46 - Aug 16 with 2543 viewsDale69er

Best I can say after that inept display is utter sh1te. And that's being kind.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:47 - Aug 16 with 2482 viewsrichfoad32

I thought that last season here was bad, but this has been another level. Players look bereft of confidence and there's no leadership anywhere on the pitch. Stevenage fans taking the piss out of how bad we are and quite frankly it hurts. I was on the fence about Stockdale before tonight but now I'm firmly in the OUT camp, this is his team now and there's no excuses any more. Having said that, I'm seriously worried that not enough of the players are up to it for any replacement either.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:48 - Aug 16 with 2472 viewsDaleFan7

We're 3.5 games, 4.5 with the cup into the season. There's no excuse for the lack of effort some of these players are putting in. If I did that I'd be sacked at work.

We're in for a very long and hard season, without the cushion of at least 1 absolutely woeful team propping up the table. At the moment, that looks like being us.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:49 - Aug 16 with 2401 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:41 - Aug 16 by KenBoon

The inability to defend set pieces is a distraction from the actual problem. The team is just really, really terrible. Just about the least talented 'dale team i've seen.

But surely, someone,I don't know, who can get this lot going....they can't possibly be that bad.

"Rock-bottom" Robbie aint cutting it.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 16 with 2357 viewsJames1980

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:40 - Aug 16 by kel

Surely it should be Robbie, Robbie, Robbie. Out, Out, Out.
Like the chant from the eighties but Robbie instead of Maggie.

Personally I say give him six more games if are going down with Stockdale managing 10 games and a new manager for 36. We will go down with Stockdale managing for 4 and the new one for 42. Also it saves on the compensation.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 16 with 2348 views442Dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:41 - Aug 16 by KenBoon

This is awful, really bad, but we have had teams with far less quality. 80s sides with Alan Young and Neil Mills up front, the Barrow team with midfielders who were defenders, even Terry Dolan’s 89/90 side which reached the fifth round of the cup for the first time was pretty limited bar Peter Ward . There’s 45 minutes for Stockdale to try and turn it round because another half like it and it’s becoming too far gone.

This squad has enough to be ok, we saw that on Saturday in the first half and last Tuesday. It’s getting the most from them that matters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:54 - Aug 16 with 2230 viewsdalenumber2

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

This is awful, really bad, but we have had teams with far less quality. 80s sides with Alan Young and Neil Mills up front, the Barrow team with midfielders who were defenders, even Terry Dolan’s 89/90 side which reached the fifth round of the cup for the first time was pretty limited bar Peter Ward . There’s 45 minutes for Stockdale to try and turn it round because another half like it and it’s becoming too far gone.

This squad has enough to be ok, we saw that on Saturday in the first half and last Tuesday. It’s getting the most from them that matters.

So what’s wrong? As a lot of posters on here were excited and positive about the signings Robbie made in the Summer. Something isn’t right, maybe simply his management skills.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:55 - Aug 16 with 2191 viewsnewbolddale

Telling that Stevenage are getting their goalie to pump it into the box from free kicks in their own half. Clearly teams know we struggle defending set pieces yet we still continue to employ the same tactics.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:56 - Aug 16 with 2168 viewsDaleFan7

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

They might have some quality in there but it doesn't matter if the effort isn't there and it seems for most of these players it isn't, not for a full 90 minutes anyway.

Part of that comes down to the players, part comes down to the manager who signed them and needs to motivate them.
Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:57 - Aug 16 with 2106 views442Dale

Stevenage (a) Match Thread on 20:54 - Aug 16 by dalenumber2

So what’s wrong? As a lot of posters on here were excited and positive about the signings Robbie made in the Summer. Something isn’t right, maybe simply his management skills.

Inevitably, even thought it’s very early, that’s where the blame lies. People aren’t being unfair, hasty or even unreasonable. Stockdale has know that first half on the back of recent results is going to leave him on the shakiest of ground.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024