Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon Match Thread.. 09:17 - Aug 19 with 37124 viewsdale1968

So with the late dismissal yesterday of the management duo I would not even begin to try and asess tommorrows game, or even who will run the show from the dugout.
I hope that we can break our pts duck and come back north with something more positive.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 13388 viewssurb_dale

I would assume it'll be McNulty in temporary charge with maybe Hendo and Ellis assisting. Expect formation and team wise it'll be pretty similar altho if Femi is injured that may mean a change in shape is needed unless Jimmy is back as an option. It'll be interesting to see if zonal marking is still used and if we still bring everyone back at corners. I'd also hope we can play further up the pitch as we sat far to deep at Gillingham inviting pressure with the forwards isolated. McNulty has seen all games from the bench so i'd like to think he has seen our failings and tweaks things to try and give us a better chance of creating chances and winning the game.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 10:33 - Aug 19 with 13384 viewsAtThePeake

If given the opportunity to pick the XI for tomorrow, how would you line up?

ROD
Seriki Nelson EEL John
Diagouraga
Ball Brierley
Tullouch Rodney Odoh

Whoever comes in, temporarily or permanently, has a job on their hands finding a formula for this side.

Tangled up in blue.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 10:40 - Aug 19 with 13278 viewsSuddenLad

Swindon Match Thread.. on 10:33 - Aug 19 by AtThePeake

ROD
Seriki Nelson EEL John
Diagouraga
Ball Brierley
Tullouch Rodney Odoh

Whoever comes in, temporarily or permanently, has a job on their hands finding a formula for this side.

I'd be starting without Ball and putting someone else in there. Malley maybe. Ball is more of a liability in his last few games.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Swindon Match Thread.. on 10:42 - Aug 19 with 13282 viewselectricblue

I think Malley should be on the subs bench any hopefully he gets a 20min stint aswell......
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 10:42]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Swindon Match Thread.. on 10:54 - Aug 19 with 13215 viewsrafc1977

ROD
Seriki Nelson EEL John
Diagouraga
Ball Brierley
Tullouch Rodney Odoh

4-1-3-2

O'Donnell
Seriki* EEL Nelson John
Diagouraga
Brierly Ball Odoh
Rodders Hendo

* if Seriki not fit then Swiss if he is fit, or Graham.

I would also like to see Malley on the bench and given 30 mins if he has it in him as Ball seems to tire around the hour mark anyway. Tulloch has done nowt for me at the minute, but perhaps is a victim of the system we have used?

I actually dont believe we have a poor squad and I think the right manager could get a tune out of them. I do see it as a mid table squad, but thats just my opinion. When everyone is fit and we are playing to a style that suits, with the right guy in the dugout I think its game on.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 11:03 - Aug 19 with 13159 viewsSaxonDale

O’Donnell
Seriki EEL Nelson John
Diagouraga Brierley
Ball Henderson Odoh
Rodney

Think picking the team highlights how much in the mire we currently are. It’s a real mess of a squad with no real balance and I can’t see an easy fix regardless of formation. IF everyone’s fit the above would be my team but still has 3 players out of position. Would half like to see the above picked just to see whether players like Nelson and Seriki can play in a back 4, as if they can’t they might need sending back and us starting again, unless we commit to a back 3/5 until January.

Not sure if Ball has the fitness/ mobility to play cm at the moment so would like to see him in the Vincenti role just to give our defence an out ball. I haven’t been overly convinced by Tulloch yet but we do need pace in midfield.

As an aside I reckon Kelly will be on a fair wage so would be trying to move him on unless he recaptures the form he showed in his initial few games for us. He’s been bitterly poor the last 6 months, but to be fair, so has pretty much everyone.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 11:15]
Swindon Match Thread.. on 11:08 - Aug 19 with 13098 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon Match Thread.. on 10:42 - Aug 19 by electricblue

I think Malley should be on the subs bench any hopefully he gets a 20min stint aswell......
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 10:42]

Could I ask what that's based on?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 11:24 - Aug 19 with 13050 viewsEllDale

If we move to a back four I'm surprised no-one has yet mentioned White playing at leftback?
He may be more suited to that role rather than that of wingback?
Login to get fewer ads

Swindon Match Thread.. on 11:39 - Aug 19 with 12994 viewsJames1980

Swindon Match Thread.. on 11:24 - Aug 19 by EllDale

If we move to a back four I'm surprised no-one has yet mentioned White playing at leftback?
He may be more suited to that role rather than that of wingback?

EEL and Nelson CBs
White LB
Seriki RB
Diagouraga CDM
Rodney* and Odoh wingers potentially playing opposite to their natural side with licence to drift inside.
Tulloch, Brierley, Ball.
Hendo of the bench.

* https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/devante-rodney/profil/spieler/483383 listed as RW here

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Swindon Match Thread.. on 12:13 - Aug 19 with 12893 viewsfourfourtwo

ROD
Seriki Nelson EEL John
Diagouraga
Ball Brierley
Tullouch Rodney Odoh

ROD

Seriki Nelson EEL John

Diagouraga

Brierley Kelly

Rodney Hendo Odoh
Swindon Match Thread.. on 12:24 - Aug 19 with 12849 viewsAtThePeake

Swindon Match Thread.. on 11:03 - Aug 19 by SaxonDale

O’Donnell
Seriki EEL Nelson John
Diagouraga Brierley
Ball Henderson Odoh
Rodney

Think picking the team highlights how much in the mire we currently are. It’s a real mess of a squad with no real balance and I can’t see an easy fix regardless of formation. IF everyone’s fit the above would be my team but still has 3 players out of position. Would half like to see the above picked just to see whether players like Nelson and Seriki can play in a back 4, as if they can’t they might need sending back and us starting again, unless we commit to a back 3/5 until January.

Not sure if Ball has the fitness/ mobility to play cm at the moment so would like to see him in the Vincenti role just to give our defence an out ball. I haven’t been overly convinced by Tulloch yet but we do need pace in midfield.

As an aside I reckon Kelly will be on a fair wage so would be trying to move him on unless he recaptures the form he showed in his initial few games for us. He’s been bitterly poor the last 6 months, but to be fair, so has pretty much everyone.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 11:15]

Agree with pretty much every word of that.

Tangled up in blue.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 12:28 - Aug 19 with 12808 viewsBrierls

ROD
Seriki Nelson EEL John
Diagouraga
Ball Brierley
Tullouch Rodney Odoh

ROD
Nelson - EEL - John
Seriki - Diagouraga - Odoh
Kelly - Brierley
Tulloch - Rodney

I know that midfield looks lightweight, but we're not exactly competing with Ball in there. Lets look to retain possession in midfield and then play some progressive passes. Look forward for a change. Ball can have a spell on the sidelines until he can last longer than 60 mins, get near an opposing player, or play a simple pass. Preferably all of the above.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 13:17 - Aug 19 with 12640 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 12:28 - Aug 19 by Brierls

ROD
Nelson - EEL - John
Seriki - Diagouraga - Odoh
Kelly - Brierley
Tulloch - Rodney

I know that midfield looks lightweight, but we're not exactly competing with Ball in there. Lets look to retain possession in midfield and then play some progressive passes. Look forward for a change. Ball can have a spell on the sidelines until he can last longer than 60 mins, get near an opposing player, or play a simple pass. Preferably all of the above.

I actually think Kelly did very well when he came on, on Tuesday.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 13:36 - Aug 19 with 12553 viewsborodale

O'Donnell
Nelson EEL. John

Diagouraga

Seriki. Ball. Malley. Odoh

Charman. Rodney

When fit.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 13:38]
Swindon Match Thread.. on 14:00 - Aug 19 with 12475 viewsHullDale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 14:50 - Aug 19 with 12265 viewsTomRAFC

Swindon Match Thread.. on 12:13 - Aug 19 by fourfourtwo

ROD

Seriki Nelson EEL John

Diagouraga

Brierley Kelly

Rodney Hendo Odoh

I'd agree with this.

Ideally we want chances falling to Hendo, rather than him being dragged too deep/wide.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:12 - Aug 19 with 12174 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 14:50 - Aug 19 by TomRAFC

I'd agree with this.

Ideally we want chances falling to Hendo, rather than him being dragged too deep/wide.

I think he is a better focal point than Rodney when we need to pump the ball up field. He has more nous & cleverness about his play to hold & release the ball. Odoh & Rodney either side of him could be really dangerous. I know there are plenty on here who think the formation isn't a problem, but nothing would put a bigger smile on my face at 2pm tomorrow than to see us start with a back four, with DIagouraga as a proper holding midfielder in a midfield three shielding the defence ala Cavanagh.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:15 - Aug 19 with 11793 viewssuffolkdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 13:17 - Aug 19 by fourfourtwo

I actually think Kelly did very well when he came on, on Tuesday.

Agreed- on Tuesday he was the only member of the Dale team who looked like someone who thought of passing the ball forwards and setting up our front runners. To me, despite some of his horror passes, he is the only real ‘footballer’ in midfield. I hope that he gets a decent run in the team as our playmaker but he needs players around him to do the ‘dirty work’!
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:40 - Aug 19 with 11645 viewskel

Swindon Match Thread.. on 14:00 - Aug 19 by HullDale

See the statement has changed since saying we had “departed company” with RS. Come on guys, this is basic stuff.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:50 - Aug 19 with 11605 views442Dale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:15 - Aug 19 by suffolkdale

Agreed- on Tuesday he was the only member of the Dale team who looked like someone who thought of passing the ball forwards and setting up our front runners. To me, despite some of his horror passes, he is the only real ‘footballer’ in midfield. I hope that he gets a decent run in the team as our playmaker but he needs players around him to do the ‘dirty work’!

Brierley.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swindon Match Thread.. on 18:04 - Aug 19 with 11522 viewsBrierls

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:40 - Aug 19 by kel

See the statement has changed since saying we had “departed company” with RS. Come on guys, this is basic stuff.

It’s back for the Chairman’s statement!
Swindon Match Thread.. on 18:34 - Aug 19 with 11411 viewskel

Swindon Match Thread.. on 18:04 - Aug 19 by Brierls

It’s back for the Chairman’s statement!

I may have got my statements mixed up but it’s a poor do all the same.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 18:45 - Aug 19 with 11362 viewsJames1980

Swindon Match Thread.. on 18:34 - Aug 19 by kel

I may have got my statements mixed up but it’s a poor do all the same.

Football execs really don't like using the 'S Word' do they.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Swindon Match Thread.. on 19:40 - Aug 19 with 11194 viewssuffolkdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:50 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

Brierley.

Brierley is undoubtedly a prospect for the future, but to me Kelly is more experienced and physically more up to the current ‘battle’. No reason however that they can’t play 70/30 in most matches.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 19:45 - Aug 19 with 11166 viewsjonahwhereru

A win tomorrow would ease the pressure on the board to make a quick appointment. Conversely a loss will only add more pressure to expedite an appointment. So basically a massive game tomorrow.
If RS couldn’t sort a winning team and formation, I am sure I have no chance of providing the magic formula, so won’t even offer an opinion.
UTDNFS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024