Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester United (a) Match Thread 20:14 - Sep 22 with 21697 viewsHullDale

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:04 - Sep 24 with 4763 viewsBarrowdale

Poor by Kelly for the pen but worse by Bentley. Kelly was knackered yet no sub again
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:05 - Sep 24 with 4740 views49thseason

Excellent 3 points. more fight, more running more sheer will to win. Three points away in our current position are just what the doctor ordered.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:08 - Sep 24 with 4702 viewsrichfoad32

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:01 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

What goes round (missed pen v Orient in added time) comes round in short order, saved pen in added time

Huge relief to get those three points and our arses off the bottom of the league

Well done lads. O'Donnell is rapidly becoming my fave keeper since Neil Edwards

That's two wins on the bounce too. EBJ is starting to make a difference

Didn't think we were great but it's a desperately needed win against fellow strugglers to keep us from being set adrift at the bottom. Hopefully it will boost the morale for a long awaited home win.

Not his biggest fan by any means but thought Diagouraga had a good game today, as did Sam Graham. Disappointed with Quigley, not just for missing an easy header but also twice towards the end when he could've held it up to take the pressure off he just aimlessly hoofed it away.

Nice to finally celebrate 3 points though, well done lads.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:09 - Sep 24 with 4665 viewsClivert

Not seen the game today but that's a massive monkey off our back!

Tough game next week but well done lads!
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 24 with 4610 views442Dale

First half shows that if we play in the opposition half we look ok. Second half showed we can defend quite well, albeit against a poor side. Diagouraga had a much better game and Seriki and Graham were good defensively. O’Donnell probably already has player of the season secured.

Worth noting a post from last week, the amount of teams currently running at less than a point a game (ie. relegation form) is becoming remarkably high. It’s now up to ten sides and we are four points off 15th which is crazy when considering this was our first win. This also supports the thought that as poor as we’ve been, it’s not necessarily all doom and gloom.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 24 with 4597 viewswimborne_dale

A wyn! A wyn! At last an actual wyn! 😃
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 17:14]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 24 with 4594 viewsfourfourtwo

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:04 - Sep 24 by Barrowdale

Poor by Kelly for the pen but worse by Bentley. Kelly was knackered yet no sub again

Not too sure I agree. Thought Kelly had a pretty good game personally, other than the mistake at the end.

I don’t want to post anything negative after that, however the one most resoundingly positive thing from today…

Sam Graham take a bow son. What a performance. An absolute beast at the back. By far the best performance (I would imagine) of your professional career. Take that performance and build on it. Brilliant.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:17 - Sep 24 with 4531 viewsDorkingDale

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 16:51 - Sep 24 by Nigeriamark

Penalty Miss by Colchester in the last minute. Clumsy challenge by Kelly, clear penalty. Put to O'Donnell's right & he goes the right way.

HUGE !!

Not like us to nearly blow it at the end of a match - we usually well & truly blow it.....
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:19 - Sep 24 with 4490 views442Dale

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 24 by fourfourtwo

Not too sure I agree. Thought Kelly had a pretty good game personally, other than the mistake at the end.

I don’t want to post anything negative after that, however the one most resoundingly positive thing from today…

Sam Graham take a bow son. What a performance. An absolute beast at the back. By far the best performance (I would imagine) of your professional career. Take that performance and build on it. Brilliant.

Bar the odd game, he’s been good all season. If we accept the level we are at, he’s a reasonable division 4 defender. It’d be him and one other when all the defenders are fit right now.

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:23 - Sep 24 with 4422 viewsfourfourtwo

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:19 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

Bar the odd game, he’s been good all season. If we accept the level we are at, he’s a reasonable division 4 defender. It’d be him and one other when all the defenders are fit right now.

I think the most impressive thing about his performance today, is that at no point did he ever lose concentration or regress to levels previously seen.

He had a good 70 at Northampton last week, but was absolutely awful last 20.

Today he’s absolutely nailed the 90, against an absolute nightmare striker in Sears. He should really take pride in his performance today and look to build on this.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Sep 24 with 4395 viewsrich_dale

Definitely, in some ways better to win in that way than just seeing the game out, will give us extra belief. Proper performance esp from the back 5.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:29 - Sep 24 with 4332 viewsD_Alien

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:23 - Sep 24 by fourfourtwo

I think the most impressive thing about his performance today, is that at no point did he ever lose concentration or regress to levels previously seen.

He had a good 70 at Northampton last week, but was absolutely awful last 20.

Today he’s absolutely nailed the 90, against an absolute nightmare striker in Sears. He should really take pride in his performance today and look to build on this.

I agree about Graham

But BJ McNulty should also be given credit for playing consecutive games and helping to steady the ship. Could be that Graham needs someone experienced alongside him

BJ showed he's not management material but anyone doubting the value of having him in the squad should consider where we'd be without him, with all the other CBs out of action
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 17:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:44 - Sep 24 with 4195 viewsswindondale

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:29 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

I agree about Graham

But BJ McNulty should also be given credit for playing consecutive games and helping to steady the ship. Could be that Graham needs someone experienced alongside him

BJ showed he's not management material but anyone doubting the value of having him in the squad should consider where we'd be without him, with all the other CBs out of action
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 17:39]

I don't think Big Jim has played since the 13th Sept (Orient).
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:46 - Sep 24 with 4148 viewsD_Alien

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:44 - Sep 24 by swindondale

I don't think Big Jim has played since the 13th Sept (Orient).

You're right, my bad

He's still put in a shift when called upon

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester United (a) Match Thread (n/t) on 17:48 - Sep 24 with 4138 viewsswindondale

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 17:46 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

You're right, my bad

He's still put in a shift when called upon

And always has done whenever I've seen him play.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 17:49]
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 18:05 - Sep 24 with 3971 viewselectricblue

Watching on iplayer and i thought the team are now starting to gel a lot better and the coming weeks should see more improvement.
JB is now starting to have an impact on the squad also the fitness and stamina is improving aswell...
The best signing RS ever made for the club is O'Donnell and Graham is improving each week....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 18:10 - Sep 24 with 3929 viewsDaley_Lama

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 18:05 - Sep 24 by electricblue

Watching on iplayer and i thought the team are now starting to gel a lot better and the coming weeks should see more improvement.
JB is now starting to have an impact on the squad also the fitness and stamina is improving aswell...
The best signing RS ever made for the club is O'Donnell and Graham is improving each week....

I must be the only person who thought Kelly passed the ball and their player kicked his foot.

Quiggs equally looked shattered at the end.

Poll: DF in or out

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 18:38 - Sep 24 with 3743 viewsKentish_Dale

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 18:10 - Sep 24 by Daley_Lama

I must be the only person who thought Kelly passed the ball and their player kicked his foot.

Quiggs equally looked shattered at the end.

Couldn't say for sure from camera angle but think from the direction the ball went more likely their player got a toe in first. Our players would have been more vocal I think if otherwise.

Everyone was knackered in the last ten - I was just watching.

A tenner well spent on IFollow. Never been so happy with three points. Well done all.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 20:33 - Sep 24 with 3129 viewsChris1803

Well, that got tense!

Massive result though, first league win chalked up, 3 points in the bag to take back home.

Don't think anybody gave less than a solid 7/10. Sam Graham was fantastic, his best performance of the season without a doubt.

Genuine pleasure to commentate on that! Here's hoping we can back it up with a good result at home next Saturday although Doncaster could be tough opposition.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 22:24 - Sep 24 with 2744 viewsTrev

We'll take the three points and move on. I don't think Col U are a great team but we weathered the storm and gave them very few chances. We had a some decent openings in the first half which could have made the second half more comfortable. I don't think Quigley's chance was a sitter but it was a great ball in and he should have done better. Their penalty was impossible to call from Ifollow but it looked unfortunate rather than a stupid decision by Kelly as some have suggested.

All in all some positive signs, this is a limited squad but if we compete like today I won't have many complaints.
Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 23:21 - Sep 24 with 2497 viewsTVOS1907

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 11:50 - Sep 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

.....and if we get another penalty, let O'Donnell have a crack.

Or, like every other team, one of the outfield players. Rodney, for instance.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 23:30 - Sep 24 with 2462 viewsTVOS1907

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 15:26 - Sep 24 by Nigeriamark

1-0 Dale from the penalty ( 3rd time lucky this season). Free kick into the box, keeper comes for what should have been a simple catch but he drops it. He brings down the Dale player before he could score. Clear penalty & no complaints from their players

Ball scored a penalty against Burton in the Carabao Cup.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 08:06 - Sep 25 with 2025 viewsDaleiLama

When one of their players tried to nick the ball off Odoh in the second half and one of the Us coaching staff came over and got involved, EBJ waded in and separated them. Looking at this Tweet, if he ever landed one, the recipient wouldn't be getting up quickly. For the PC brigade, I am NOT condoning violence.

Great feeling to collectively as a club and fanbase to wake up with that 🐒 off our backs

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 08:54 - Sep 25 with 1889 views442Dale

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 08:06 - Sep 25 by DaleiLama

When one of their players tried to nick the ball off Odoh in the second half and one of the Us coaching staff came over and got involved, EBJ waded in and separated them. Looking at this Tweet, if he ever landed one, the recipient wouldn't be getting up quickly. For the PC brigade, I am NOT condoning violence.

Great feeling to collectively as a club and fanbase to wake up with that 🐒 off our backs

We were also quite clearly ‘managing the game’ with an intention to use little time wasting tactics that seemed to annoy the home crowd. Of course, all sides do it and we have before too.

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 09:04 - Sep 25 with 1841 viewsDaleiLama

Colchester United (a) Match Thread on 08:54 - Sep 25 by 442Dale

We were also quite clearly ‘managing the game’ with an intention to use little time wasting tactics that seemed to annoy the home crowd. Of course, all sides do it and we have before too.

Yep. It's nice to be in a position to do it, to do it and keep the lead and get a 1 in the W column rather than watching our opponents do all of the above. And of course it's even better to see it not come back to bite us in added time, like it usually does. EBJ's post match interview was spot on as well. Hope he enjoyed his beers on the coach home.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024