Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread 17:07 - Jan 19 with 32146 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 21 with 2878 viewsdalemark

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 21 by judd

I wonder if the playing squad should attend the forum?

As an absolute minimum I'd expect the captain (EEL), & club captain (RoD) to be there.

If we're all in it together, lets all be in it together.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 21 with 2876 viewsfrenzied

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 21 by richfoad32

Bentley is less than 6 months in to a two year contract, how much would it cost to pay him up considering we supposedly haven't got a pot to piss in?

I honestly don't think anybody could do anything with this group of players, I don't think with the majority it's a lack of effort it's just that they're simply not up to it.

Spot on.....
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 21 with 2870 viewsnordenblue

It might just be asking too much effort from them?
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:27 - Jan 21 with 2851 viewskel

They haven’t the balls for it. They hide on the pitch so they definitely wouldn’t turn up for that.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:29 - Jan 21 with 2830 views442Dale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:23 - Jan 21 by judd

They'd certainly get a feel for the passion, the desire, the fight, the emotional and financial investment supporters put into their employers.

Fook knows what motivates them.currently, but nothing - NOTHING- is currently working.

And no blame can be laid at the door of Bentley for that. He’s been dealt the worst of hands and let down.

It’s a perfect storm that has evolved and it’s the only reason why Hill COULD be our only chance. His faults are there to be listed from now until Monday, but there’s no denying that every single one of us knows he might manage be able to capture lightning in a bottle one more time.

Would defy anyone to deny that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:33 - Jan 21 with 2760 viewsRippDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 21 by frenzied

Spot on.....

Exactly this. They are simply not good enough, so no amount of coaching or motivation will help them. Sadly, a large number of them have been put on 100k a year contracts as our mantra was "quality not quantity!"

We are doomed
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:33 - Jan 21 with 2744 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Don’t think there are enough police in the borough to stop the resulting carnage…
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:35 - Jan 21 with 2728 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:21 - Jan 21 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Wrapped in cotton wool for the inevitable fire sale perhaps…

But how can any club know how good a job he can do if they cannot see him play competitive league football?

I understand he risks injury, but we risk not creating chances without him.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:38 - Jan 21 with 2688 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:29 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

And no blame can be laid at the door of Bentley for that. He’s been dealt the worst of hands and let down.

It’s a perfect storm that has evolved and it’s the only reason why Hill COULD be our only chance. His faults are there to be listed from now until Monday, but there’s no denying that every single one of us knows he might manage be able to capture lightning in a bottle one more time.

Would defy anyone to deny that.

If the players are not motivated then absolutely it gets laid at the managers door.

I recently read an article on Bruno Fernades who said after a defeat the manager told the squad they were going on a 14km punishment run.

Fernandes was astonished to find Ten Hag running with the players, openly accepting his role in accepting responsibility.

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:40 - Jan 21 with 2681 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 21 by nordenblue

It might just be asking too much effort from them?

We can hold it downstairs

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 21 with 2570 viewsHullDale

"The hardest job I've ever had"

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:50 - Jan 21 with 2555 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:21 - Jan 21 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Wrapped in cotton wool for the inevitable fire sale perhaps…

The thing is... if he was going to be sold, wouldn't it have happened by now? Whichever club might be interested should've had an offer ready and accepted in time for the funds to have at least some impact on our wriggle room

If it's a done deal... what is everyone waiting for? Unless there's a nagging fitness issue, it just doesn't make sense

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:52 - Jan 21 with 2533 viewsNewbury_Dale

Presumably Ebanks Landell will miss three games for violent conduct ? That's a godsend. He's worse than McNulty anyway.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 2526 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 21 by HullDale

"The hardest job I've ever had"

"We lack leadership and we're not good enough"

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:54 - Jan 21 with 2522 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:40 - Jan 21 by judd

We can hold it downstairs

Player's Lounge? Or is that the football pitch?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:55 - Jan 21 with 2512 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:54 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

Player's Lounge? Or is that the football pitch?

That's a match report

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:56 - Jan 21 with 2495 viewsnordenblue

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:38 - Jan 21 by judd

If the players are not motivated then absolutely it gets laid at the managers door.

I recently read an article on Bruno Fernades who said after a defeat the manager told the squad they were going on a 14km punishment run.

Fernandes was astonished to find Ten Hag running with the players, openly accepting his role in accepting responsibility.

There we have a top class manager, acting superbly.
Can honestly say I've never felt so not "arsed' about probably 95% of the current shower
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:57 - Jan 21 with 2491 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:05 - Jan 21 with 2404 viewsNorthernDale

Bentley says he must try to get someone in, but due to all the factors, like money, our league position, etc.....is that another way to say, we won't get anyone in. What is on about, saying Keith Curle has had the same issues at Hartlepool, but they have signed four players so far and are hoping to sign Danny Johnson from Mansfield. There must be players out looking for a club and they cannot be any worse then then Quigley, Ball and Odoh, at least they may fight for every ball.

He is at least honest, by saying we are not good enough, but why make then problemworse by playing Ball and Quigley, and taking off better players, is he hoping for a miracle, and they they suddenly become able players with a work ethic.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:07 - Jan 21 with 2373 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:35 - Jan 21 by judd

But how can any club know how good a job he can do if they cannot see him play competitive league football?

I understand he risks injury, but we risk not creating chances without him.

Only thing I can think of is that he’s already been tapped up by someone.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:09 - Jan 21 with 2346 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:50 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

The thing is... if he was going to be sold, wouldn't it have happened by now? Whichever club might be interested should've had an offer ready and accepted in time for the funds to have at least some impact on our wriggle room

If it's a done deal... what is everyone waiting for? Unless there's a nagging fitness issue, it just doesn't make sense

Then why doesn’t Bentley come out & say so?
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:15 - Jan 21 with 2280 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:09 - Jan 21 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Then why doesn’t Bentley come out & say so?

Perhaps he's not gay?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:16 - Jan 21 with 2248 viewspioneer

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:05 - Jan 21 by NorthernDale

Bentley says he must try to get someone in, but due to all the factors, like money, our league position, etc.....is that another way to say, we won't get anyone in. What is on about, saying Keith Curle has had the same issues at Hartlepool, but they have signed four players so far and are hoping to sign Danny Johnson from Mansfield. There must be players out looking for a club and they cannot be any worse then then Quigley, Ball and Odoh, at least they may fight for every ball.

He is at least honest, by saying we are not good enough, but why make then problemworse by playing Ball and Quigley, and taking off better players, is he hoping for a miracle, and they they suddenly become able players with a work ethic.

Still waiting to hear his reasoning for changing the team that won at Bradford and turned what was a short unbeaten run into two pointless six-pointers.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:17 - Jan 21 with 2216 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:57 - Jan 21 by HullDale

Not seen owt like that since The Tiller Girls were disbanded

[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 19:21]

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 21 with 2101 viewsfinberty

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:52 - Jan 21 by Newbury_Dale

Presumably Ebanks Landell will miss three games for violent conduct ? That's a godsend. He's worse than McNulty anyway.

Not sure why you're bringing Jimmy McNulty into all this. Jim has never ever given less than 100% for this club, and a few of these feeble squad mates would have done well to follow his example. Although it is now probably too late for any change to have any practical effect.

Some of these people are guilty of stealing their wages. I'm not going to name the two most egregious examples but we all know who they are.

Also, Odoh getting MOM last week must have been someone's idea of a bad joke.

EEL was only ever any good when Andy Lonergan stood behind him - directing him. Captain? What a joke that is.

Changing the winning team from the Bradford game was an unbelievable decision. Removing Hendo and Lloyd late on backfired last week and should not have been repeated this week, but it was.

Someone posted on this thread about rebuilding for next season. NO NEED! These people will still be here - still coining-in their unearned wages thanks to Stockdale/Shan and a naive board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024