Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread 17:07 - Jan 19 with 32147 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 21 with 3750 viewsFrog

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 21 by SaxonDale

When the dust settles and presumably our league status ends; there has to be a full review within the club on how a squad this poor, lacking in direction and completely imbalanced was allowed to be recruited without what appears to be the slightest due diligence.

Agree, I'd rather we played some of the kids from here on in, at least they would give 100% and look interested. Not sure I can watch another game.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 21 with 3717 viewsfourfourtwo

Another week. Another disgrace. The manager improves nothing. The board do nothing.

Our club is on its way out and nobody being paid by the club appears to give the slightest sh1t.

21 days of the transfer window. One useless keeper signed. Not one outfield player signed. Absolutely laughable when you consider our situation.

Signings should have & could have been discussed/agreed months ago, yet here we are. Has it ever been this bad?

Wouldn’t surprise me if things turn real sour next week in the ground. Maybe it might wake some of these morons up.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 17:14]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 21 with 3705 viewsNorthernDale

Bentley will come out with the same excuse of telling them what to do and the players making stupid mistakes, it is the same line every week, it is not his fault, ignoring the poor substitutions for example.

The first thing Bentley should do tomorrow (if he as not given up), is to send Quigley back, offer Ball on loan to any club that will take him (which won't be many) and pray for a miracle, like Carlise beating Hartlepool on Tuesday and Hartlepool drawing with Colchester next Saturday and we have managed to recruit some professional footballers that can actually win a game.

Because the truth is that this team would struggle in the conference north, never mind the national conference.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 18:34]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 21 with 3651 viewsD_Alien

If any half-decent players were thinking they might join in our relegation dogfight whilst we were hovering above the drop zone, they're likely to change their minds now

The poodle has yelped today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 21 with 3648 viewsBazzanne

I'm feeling sick and sad. I started watching Dale as a 7 year old and I'm now almost 82. This shower isn't going to keep us in league football. I am now convinced this will be my last season of watching the club I love. I never contemplated this day coming.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:22 - Jan 21 with 3499 viewsrich_dale

The reality is we probably need to win 8 or 9 or of our remaining 19 games - highly unlikely considering the lack of quality, and our prospects of recruiting any decent players to join what effectively looks like this season's Scunthorpe.

The optimism of Bradford is now well forgotten, largely of our own making - familiar mistakes and odd substitutions plus poor selections. Taking our two best players off today when we need to score is just creating additional problems when everything else is going against us.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 17:38]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:23 - Jan 21 with 3491 viewsRotherhamDale

What reaction did the players get at full time from the supporters? Would be interested to know.

I think that's it for our football league journey. A devastating result, 2 men sent off, and the teams around us all have games in hand.

Bentley has changed nothing. The team looks as hopeless as ever and he has done nothing about it. To not make any signings other than a dud goalkeepers this far into the window is a joke.

I would say Bentley out, but what's the point? There's nobody to replace him and it's too late for any recruitment process to take place. A new manager hasn't got time to sign any players, and we haven't got a pot to piss in.

And on what planet does Abraham Odoh get a start every week?

Possession with progression.

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 3445 viewsBigKindo

Even a call to Numan won't stiffen up this defense. This is very embarrassing. Is there any point in trying to sign new players. Save the brass for next seasons non league squad. Oh I forgt we have no brass. I have been attending since 1949 and am gutted.
Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 21 with 3414 viewsNewbury_Dale

This manager was employed on the basis of his perceived ability to motivate and get the best out of modest L2 players. He isn't doing that apart from the odd lightening bolt here and there. A poor manager and another poor appointment from this overmatched board.

Simon, do the right thing and get some help. Ask Chris Dunphy to return as Executive chairman so we can start getting the foundations laid for a complete reboot of the club next year. Hopefully Notts County and Wrexham get their promotions this year and we've then got a small chance to compete at the right end of the
Conference.

The community work should be applauded I suppose, but we're a football club. If we end up in Vanarama North, the crowds will have long since drifted away. Time to focus on sorting the Football product out. And the first thing this board need to acknowledge is that they don't have the skills or the experience to do that.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 21 with 3272 views442Dale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:23 - Jan 21 by RotherhamDale

What reaction did the players get at full time from the supporters? Would be interested to know.

I think that's it for our football league journey. A devastating result, 2 men sent off, and the teams around us all have games in hand.

Bentley has changed nothing. The team looks as hopeless as ever and he has done nothing about it. To not make any signings other than a dud goalkeepers this far into the window is a joke.

I would say Bentley out, but what's the point? There's nobody to replace him and it's too late for any recruitment process to take place. A new manager hasn't got time to sign any players, and we haven't got a pot to piss in.

And on what planet does Abraham Odoh get a start every week?

There are many reasons to have some sympathy for Bentley and admiration for his obvious commitment to turn things round but we are getting very close to the point of no return. He’ll know that too.

The board have to step up and be considering all options now, the next two weeks are the most vital in the last 40 years. That is no exaggeration.

Do we want to make a change that will incur further cost? Of course not. But that doesn’t mean it should be ruled out. The options available should a change be made would be incredibly limited and we cannot go through any sort of appointment process because there just isn’t time.

We all know the past wasn’t perfect. There will be a percentage of fans who could find very valid arguments why it shouldn’t happen (I’m one of them), but it’s not about what we might think or trying to justify why we are right now. The club comes first. If and when the time comes to make a decision, which we will know in the next couple of weeks, Keith Hill would be the only way to turn.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:36 - Jan 21 with 3172 viewsClivert

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 21 by Mass_Debater

Plenty of other teams manage with 10 men. We capitulated.

No shit Sherlock.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 21 with 3157 viewsIOMDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

There are many reasons to have some sympathy for Bentley and admiration for his obvious commitment to turn things round but we are getting very close to the point of no return. He’ll know that too.

The board have to step up and be considering all options now, the next two weeks are the most vital in the last 40 years. That is no exaggeration.

Do we want to make a change that will incur further cost? Of course not. But that doesn’t mean it should be ruled out. The options available should a change be made would be incredibly limited and we cannot go through any sort of appointment process because there just isn’t time.

We all know the past wasn’t perfect. There will be a percentage of fans who could find very valid arguments why it shouldn’t happen (I’m one of them), but it’s not about what we might think or trying to justify why we are right now. The club comes first. If and when the time comes to make a decision, which we will know in the next couple of weeks, Keith Hill would be the only way to turn.

If Keith were to return (and I wouldn’t be against it), he’d need to be in place by Thursday at the absolute latest in order to do some squad shifting before the window closes.

I’m not one to hanker after the past but we simply cannot be any worse off than we are right now. Why not roll the dice?

UTDNFS

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 3139 views442Dale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 21 by Newbury_Dale

This manager was employed on the basis of his perceived ability to motivate and get the best out of modest L2 players. He isn't doing that apart from the odd lightening bolt here and there. A poor manager and another poor appointment from this overmatched board.

Simon, do the right thing and get some help. Ask Chris Dunphy to return as Executive chairman so we can start getting the foundations laid for a complete reboot of the club next year. Hopefully Notts County and Wrexham get their promotions this year and we've then got a small chance to compete at the right end of the
Conference.

The community work should be applauded I suppose, but we're a football club. If we end up in Vanarama North, the crowds will have long since drifted away. Time to focus on sorting the Football product out. And the first thing this board need to acknowledge is that they don't have the skills or the experience to do that.

Unless he actually has no interest in being involved, can see zero reasons not to actively look to approach Dunphy for support. Again, nobody is saying things were always brilliant when he was here, but it’s obvious that he would only add some knowledge and experience.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 21 with 2975 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

When Bentley was handing the GOTM trophy to Hendo last week, the mood in the squad looked as if we were riding a crest of a wave

I don't blame Bentley for trying to maintain morale, but it's gone beyond that now, and his attempts aren't working where it matters. Some very hard thinking needs to be done, if nothing else from a purely business point of view

The first thought should be: is Bentley the right man to steady our decline if what's looking increasingly inevitable happens. I have my doubts. I think he was probably the right appointment when it was made, given the limited options the board had at the time. Is one last throw of the dice worth trying? I'm not sure we have anything to lose after today, except the obvious. We need a lift from somewhere (and a few players need a lift out)

If we stick with Bentley, the Fans Forum could be very fraught

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 2890 viewsSandyman

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 16:37 - Jan 21 by kel

“Nobody at the club is giving up”

Somebody forgot to remind the ‘players’ then.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 16:39]

Those 'players' who are hapless and disinterested will be needing this service. They are finishing their own careers in football.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 17:54]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 2880 viewsJames1980

How does one make it as a professional footballer being as inept as our players are being? Are they really that bad or are other factors at play? Is there a lack of confidence throughout the squad that EBJ just cannot shake? Are the players resigned to relegation and just not bothering? Is it that opposing teams have better training facilities meaning they are fitter and are better drilled?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 21 with 2799 viewsrichfoad32

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

When Bentley was handing the GOTM trophy to Hendo last week, the mood in the squad looked as if we were riding a crest of a wave

I don't blame Bentley for trying to maintain morale, but it's gone beyond that now, and his attempts aren't working where it matters. Some very hard thinking needs to be done, if nothing else from a purely business point of view

The first thought should be: is Bentley the right man to steady our decline if what's looking increasingly inevitable happens. I have my doubts. I think he was probably the right appointment when it was made, given the limited options the board had at the time. Is one last throw of the dice worth trying? I'm not sure we have anything to lose after today, except the obvious. We need a lift from somewhere (and a few players need a lift out)

If we stick with Bentley, the Fans Forum could be very fraught

Bentley is less than 6 months in to a two year contract, how much would it cost to pay him up considering we supposedly haven't got a pot to piss in?

I honestly don't think anybody could do anything with this group of players, I don't think with the majority it's a lack of effort it's just that they're simply not up to it.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 2769 viewselectricblue

I only managed to catch bits and cfom what i did see that there is no cohesion in the team, lack of leadership, no passion.

This is supposedly be a squad according to RS of quality as didnt he say that for this season he wanted la smaller squad but players of better quality.
That in its self is a joke and just shows what his eye for a player is really like, remember Tulloch he was supposed to be an up n coming player and a coup for Dale to loan him..

I for one do not blame anything at the feet of JB he as come in and inherited a team just not capable....

Against Hartlepool is was deemed as a 6 pointer by some and hartlepool came out in the 2nd half waiting more and pressed more..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 2679 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 21 by richfoad32

Bentley is less than 6 months in to a two year contract, how much would it cost to pay him up considering we supposedly haven't got a pot to piss in?

I honestly don't think anybody could do anything with this group of players, I don't think with the majority it's a lack of effort it's just that they're simply not up to it.

Yeah, you're probably right on all counts

Desperate times

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:07 - Jan 21 with 2611 viewsSandyman

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 21 by richfoad32

True.
Many people fought hard and dipped into their pockets to keep this club alive, the club which pays these "players" wages. I've seen most home games this season, and not really enjoyed any of them. Far too many of our "players" simply don't look anywhere near good enough to compete with the other teams in a poor division. The ones with talent must wonder what is surrounding them.

The theme tune to The Muppet Show (how appropriate) springs to mind:

"Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show"
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:08 - Jan 21 with 2596 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 21 by James1980

How does one make it as a professional footballer being as inept as our players are being? Are they really that bad or are other factors at play? Is there a lack of confidence throughout the squad that EBJ just cannot shake? Are the players resigned to relegation and just not bothering? Is it that opposing teams have better training facilities meaning they are fitter and are better drilled?

We have had appalling footballers in the past James but they always have 100%. I actually thought I wish we still had Mark Bailey in midfield it’s that bad currently. These lot are over pampered and don’t give a shit, too much cash for very below average players.

On paper we have some good players like White, EBL, Henderson, Quigley, SAJ, Kelly but then it starts to dry up. Injuries age and attitude mean we are where we are. The rest (apologies if I missed a few including our vanished young midfield protege Brierly) are very average at best. Lloyd I don’t include as he has shown everything required!

I would speak to Hill certainly and offer him incentives and a basic to sort this mess out, possibly as DOF as I don’t think it’s totally fair to hang BJB out to dry yet. Stockdales signings have got us in this mess and we don’t know how much his hands are tied.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 21 with 2548 viewsjudd

I wonder if the playing squad should attend the forum?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:19 - Jan 21 with 2430 viewsIOMDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 21 by judd

I wonder if the playing squad should attend the forum?

They could do with a public flogging.

UTDNFS

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:21 - Jan 21 with 2402 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:01 - Jan 21 by judd

In his interview after breaking the goalscoring record, Hendo recalls telling the Salford centre half about our on-xoming sub Ethan Brierley "this guy has every pass in the book."

He then went on to supply the most sublime of passes for the goal in one of two home wins this season.

Is the manager aware of how highly our record goalscorer rates the now-missing Ethan Brierley?

Just a thought...

Wrapped in cotton wool for the inevitable fire sale perhaps…
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:23 - Jan 21 with 2361 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:19 - Jan 21 by IOMDale

They could do with a public flogging.

They'd certainly get a feel for the passion, the desire, the fight, the emotional and financial investment supporters put into their employers.

Fook knows what motivates them.currently, but nothing - NOTHING- is currently working.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024