Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread 17:07 - Jan 19 with 32143 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:29 - Jan 21 with 5321 viewsdiver

In these dark days I always think of fans of clubs in a worse position than us Bury and Scunthorpe come to mind !! still 57 points to play for!! like the song says “the only way is up!”
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:37 - Jan 21 with 5221 viewsNorthernDale

Totally agree, they say do not change a winning side, but by doing so, he has managed to turn a team that got two draws and won one against decent teams, to one that as mentioned to get beat by two very poor teams.

It is January and we praying for results to go our way, I am desperate for Carlisle to do us a favour on Tuesday by beating Hartlepool.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2023 19:57]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:54 - Jan 21 with 5086 viewsCrede_Sign0

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 21 by richfoad32

Bentley is less than 6 months in to a two year contract, how much would it cost to pay him up considering we supposedly haven't got a pot to piss in?

I honestly don't think anybody could do anything with this group of players, I don't think with the majority it's a lack of effort it's just that they're simply not up to it.

Maybe we could pay him off with shares?
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 20:00 - Jan 21 with 5037 viewselectricblue

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:54 - Jan 21 by Crede_Sign0

Maybe we could pay him off with shares?

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 20:06 - Jan 21 with 4971 views49thseason

I guess we have to soldier on until it becomes a mathematical certainty that we are going down. In his post match interview, Bentley looks and sounds a beaten man so I guess it might not be too difficult to do a deal with him in the next few weeks to leave a sinking ship, perhaps Hendo and McNulty could see the season out. Maybe KH would relish the opportunity to work with them again?

The Board now need to identify every last penny of unnecessary expense in preparation for what looks like an inevitable fall out of the EFL and be prepared to cut it, Be it the shop, a third strip, or in the final analysis, jobs. Few teams bounce straight back so I think we need to build and rebuild the club until it becomes a lean, mean footballing machine with exceptional income streams. We have been staggering along since 2017/18... short of money, constantly selling players, little enthusiasm and no recognisable plan to change anything

They must now look on relegation as an opportunity to completely rethink the club, the way it is funded and the way it goes about its business. There must be a massive emphasis on building new income streams that are unaffected by the on-field performances.... a new improved Gold Bond, the take-away at the ground, the Community hub/ training facility if we can find a backer, and so on.

My fear is that we will continue to stagger on, and the enthusiasm for rebuilding will evaporate and we will be effectively dead and buried before we kick a ball next season. This is the time for fans and Directors to sort out a mess that was created by a lack of boldness and a Micawberish belief that something will turn up. Its been on the cards for years, it has to stop, now, today. We are in a new reality and it will take the united wisdom and enthusiasm of us all to put things right.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 21:13 - Jan 21 with 4666 viewsnordenblue

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 20:06 - Jan 21 by 49thseason

I guess we have to soldier on until it becomes a mathematical certainty that we are going down. In his post match interview, Bentley looks and sounds a beaten man so I guess it might not be too difficult to do a deal with him in the next few weeks to leave a sinking ship, perhaps Hendo and McNulty could see the season out. Maybe KH would relish the opportunity to work with them again?

The Board now need to identify every last penny of unnecessary expense in preparation for what looks like an inevitable fall out of the EFL and be prepared to cut it, Be it the shop, a third strip, or in the final analysis, jobs. Few teams bounce straight back so I think we need to build and rebuild the club until it becomes a lean, mean footballing machine with exceptional income streams. We have been staggering along since 2017/18... short of money, constantly selling players, little enthusiasm and no recognisable plan to change anything

They must now look on relegation as an opportunity to completely rethink the club, the way it is funded and the way it goes about its business. There must be a massive emphasis on building new income streams that are unaffected by the on-field performances.... a new improved Gold Bond, the take-away at the ground, the Community hub/ training facility if we can find a backer, and so on.

My fear is that we will continue to stagger on, and the enthusiasm for rebuilding will evaporate and we will be effectively dead and buried before we kick a ball next season. This is the time for fans and Directors to sort out a mess that was created by a lack of boldness and a Micawberish belief that something will turn up. Its been on the cards for years, it has to stop, now, today. We are in a new reality and it will take the united wisdom and enthusiasm of us all to put things right.

Superb post 49th
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 22:27 - Jan 21 with 4428 viewsNorthernDale

I felt that Bentley as fed up for weeks, but a deciding factor could between now and the end of the transfer period. If he can get people in this week, he may see the chance to turn the ship around, otherwise he wonder is it worth the effort.

Question, is Aidy White available for selection next Saturday or will the concussion period cover Next Saturday?
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 10:23 - Jan 22 with 3817 viewsMass_Debater

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 18:57 - Jan 21 by HullDale

Ouch.

I thought someone had said it was harsh and he didn't catch him in the face.

Never knew Mr Magoo was a Dale fan.
Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 10:49 - Jan 22 with 3703 viewssomdale

I am sure JB knew what he was taking on. When he joined, and I'm sure he told the board he was the man to take us forward, I am sure he is surprised by just how bad many of the players seem to be, but it is his job to keep us up, plain and simple.
Sacking RS with only four games Gone and then complaining because of the players he brought in makes zero sense to me, would have been better to give him a longer period with HIS players and see why he bought them.
Now we have a manger with someone else's players with it seems no ideas how to work with them.
There weren't to many complaints about RS signings at the time he made them.
It's awful losing games
It's awful watching poor quality football
When you are suffering from both well it takes some swallowing.
There's a good passion behind JB but he isn't getting anywhere near the quality from the players. And that is ultimately his job.
I think the only chance we have is a new manager bounce, maybe a new face and new ideas might get an instant reaction and bring in a few vital wins..
Just cannot see us surviving if we stick instead of twisting .
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:08 - Jan 22 with 3644 viewsDalenet

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 10:49 - Jan 22 by somdale

I am sure JB knew what he was taking on. When he joined, and I'm sure he told the board he was the man to take us forward, I am sure he is surprised by just how bad many of the players seem to be, but it is his job to keep us up, plain and simple.
Sacking RS with only four games Gone and then complaining because of the players he brought in makes zero sense to me, would have been better to give him a longer period with HIS players and see why he bought them.
Now we have a manger with someone else's players with it seems no ideas how to work with them.
There weren't to many complaints about RS signings at the time he made them.
It's awful losing games
It's awful watching poor quality football
When you are suffering from both well it takes some swallowing.
There's a good passion behind JB but he isn't getting anywhere near the quality from the players. And that is ultimately his job.
I think the only chance we have is a new manager bounce, maybe a new face and new ideas might get an instant reaction and bring in a few vital wins..
Just cannot see us surviving if we stick instead of twisting .

Bentley does look a broken man. I feel for him, I really do.

We have a million pound black hole if Simon's briefing are true, and no debt and no way to cover that black hole. A new manager and pay offs might cost us £250k. How do the Board find that? The fans of the fan owned club can't find it. We are saddled with players that we can't afford and don't want. A new manager would have little chance to change anything and if we twist, do we believe that a new manager can make these players successful?

The cheaper option is to recruit a Director of Football to support Jim. Look for cheap recruits. Help with some of the football infrastructure issues that are now exposed. Mentor Jim who is clearly struggling with the pressure (wouldn't we all). Talk to him about his strange choice of subs. Maybe Keith Hill can do that? The Board isn't able to help on the football side but somebody needs to.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:19 - Jan 22 with 3602 viewsfourfourtwo

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:08 - Jan 22 by Dalenet

We have a million pound black hole if Simon's briefing are true, and no debt and no way to cover that black hole. A new manager and pay offs might cost us £250k. How do the Board find that? The fans of the fan owned club can't find it. We are saddled with players that we can't afford and don't want. A new manager would have little chance to change anything and if we twist, do we believe that a new manager can make these players successful?

The cheaper option is to recruit a Director of Football to support Jim. Look for cheap recruits. Help with some of the football infrastructure issues that are now exposed. Mentor Jim who is clearly struggling with the pressure (wouldn't we all). Talk to him about his strange choice of subs. Maybe Keith Hill can do that? The Board isn't able to help on the football side but somebody needs to.

Controversial opinion but I’d appoint Keith Hill as DOF on Monday morning. I’m sure he’d love to be back at the club. We should also be doing everything we can to get Dunphy back involved ASAP. At least then there will be some nous and leadership around the place.

We need to speculate to accumulate. They’re going to have to find some money from somewhere or it’s all just pointless.

This is by far the most depressing period I’ve ever endured as a football fan. It saddens me to think that my son will potentially be growing up without RAFC being a football league team and he will miss out on the many glorious moments we’ve come to enjoy over the last 20 years. I know there’s been plenty of bad times as well but the memories from that period are just incredible looking back.

Wembley twice. Old Trafford. St James Park. Beating Saints home and away. Beating countless other big teams in League One. Leeds at home. Play offs. Many other FA Cup giant killings (we’ll forget about the FC United game).

Some of the incredible players we’ve enjoyed watching during that period. Thinking Holt, Lambert, Jones, COG, Daggers, Craig Dawson, Steven Dawson, Steve Davis, NML, Hogan, Murray…

It’s all just sad.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:24 - Jan 22 with 3571 viewsdalemark

Mistake from Seriki for the first, trying to run it out off a rebound rather than clearing it.

Mistake from Eastwood for the second (should've held it) and no desire from our players following it in.

Watching EEL's challenge on .25x playback speed, it looks like he gets the ball but then actively leaves his foot in... might just be how it looks, but it was a clear red and deserved 3 game ban.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 3486 viewsfourfourtwo

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:24 - Jan 22 by dalemark

Mistake from Seriki for the first, trying to run it out off a rebound rather than clearing it.

Mistake from Eastwood for the second (should've held it) and no desire from our players following it in.

Watching EEL's challenge on .25x playback speed, it looks like he gets the ball but then actively leaves his foot in... might just be how it looks, but it was a clear red and deserved 3 game ban.

I can’t believe how different the EEL challenge looked on TV as opposed to that horrific picture.

It’s crazy how camera angles can deceive so much
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 12:02 - Jan 22 with 3438 viewsfrenzied

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:08 - Jan 22 by Dalenet

Personally i wouldn't have Hilly or anyone else near the place.

EBJ has huge experience at this level...he can get us out of this mess once he's got players with the talent required.

This present squad will struggle to accumulate another 12 points this season..it will be all over by end of March.

The next 10 days are vital for EBJ to bring in at least 4 players all ready to take to the field..

God knows whats happening with Campbell and Brierley but time isn't on our side.

The last thing we need is "too many cooks spoiling the broth"....
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 12:24 - Jan 22 with 3345 viewsNorthernDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 12:02 - Jan 22 by frenzied

Personally i wouldn't have Hilly or anyone else near the place.

EBJ has huge experience at this level...he can get us out of this mess once he's got players with the talent required.

This present squad will struggle to accumulate another 12 points this season..it will be all over by end of March.

The next 10 days are vital for EBJ to bring in at least 4 players all ready to take to the field..

God knows whats happening with Campbell and Brierley but time isn't on our side.

The last thing we need is "too many cooks spoiling the broth"....

I agree to some extent, I would bring back as the D.o.F and if Jim can get players in this week, we may have a chance, but I agree with the sentiment that with the present team, we will struggle to get the points we need. If we do not sign anyone this week (which I doubt we will), I would start with Campbell and Lloyd on the wings, and drop Odoh. I would also drop Eastwood, his confidence must be zero, after two games and two very poor mistakes.

After watching the highlights, I agree the assault, I won't call it a tackle by EEL, deserved a red car. Again two mistakes, one by Seriki virtually set the Hartlepool player up to score and seemed more accidental, then him trying to play football. However Eastwood failure to hold or turn the ball away, rather then allowing it rebound into the centre of the box was poor and even worse was the response or the lack of it from the Dale players compounded his . I am still baffled, why did he take Lloyd off (one of our more creative players), rather then Odoh, who creates little.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 12:29]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 13:09 - Jan 22 with 3171 viewselectricblue

There is no harm with the BoD approaching Dunphy at all but i do not think he would come anywhere near the club as the way he was ousted may still leave a bitter taste.
CD experience in an advisory capacity would and should be most welcome from the supporters....

Appointmenting KH as DoF could be seen as a threat by JB about his job.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 13:23 - Jan 22 with 3103 views49thseason

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 13:09 - Jan 22 by electricblue

There is no harm with the BoD approaching Dunphy at all but i do not think he would come anywhere near the club as the way he was ousted may still leave a bitter taste.
CD experience in an advisory capacity would and should be most welcome from the supporters....

I dont think there is any reason why Dunphy should be unsympathetic to an approach by the Board, I dont think any of the current board were in place when he left, as for a director of football being appointed, Bentley can either like it or lump it.
The feelings of individual employees are very much secondary to the wellbeing of the club as a whole.
If Bentley feels he cannot retreive the situation, he should say so and resign, carrying on if his heart is telling him its hopeless even if his head says that mathematically still possible to avoid the drop is an unhealthy place to be and will quickly communicate itself to the players.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 3068 viewsNorthernDale

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 13:09 - Jan 22 by electricblue

I no doubt many would see Keith as a threat as D.O.F, but he has the experience and the board can make it it clear where the boundaries are.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 13:56]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 14:04 - Jan 22 with 2956 viewsrichfoad32

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 13:23 - Jan 22 by 49thseason

I dont think there is any reason why Dunphy should be unsympathetic to an approach by the Board, I dont think any of the current board were in place when he left, as for a director of football being appointed, Bentley can either like it or lump it.
The feelings of individual employees are very much secondary to the wellbeing of the club as a whole.
If Bentley feels he cannot retreive the situation, he should say so and resign, carrying on if his heart is telling him its hopeless even if his head says that mathematically still possible to avoid the drop is an unhealthy place to be and will quickly communicate itself to the players.

Even if he thinks the situation is irretrievable, what are the chances of Bentley walking in to an uncertain job market when he still has 18+ months to run on his current contract? Sacked by a National League side and resigning from a club rock bottom of the Football League as his last two jobs is hardly going to impress on the CV for any future employers.

And he's still at the stage where he has the sympathy of a large majority of the fanbase given some of the dross he's got to work with.
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 14:26 - Jan 22 with 2865 views49thseason

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 14:04 - Jan 22 by richfoad32

Even if he thinks the situation is irretrievable, what are the chances of Bentley walking in to an uncertain job market when he still has 18+ months to run on his current contract? Sacked by a National League side and resigning from a club rock bottom of the Football League as his last two jobs is hardly going to impress on the CV for any future employers.

And he's still at the stage where he has the sympathy of a large majority of the fanbase given some of the dross he's got to work with.

I agree with your assesment, but resigning doesnt mean he can't negotiate a deal say for the remainder of the year. At least he would keep a relegation off his CV.
I believe the guy has had heart problems in the past so I dont imagine the current stress he is under can be good for him notwithstanding the reputational damage this hapless squad of players is costing him
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 14:59 - Jan 22 with 2760 viewsJames1980

How many football managers have actually resigned in these sorts of circumstances?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 15:11 - Jan 22 with 2707 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 14:59 - Jan 22 by James1980

How many football managers have actually resigned in these sorts of circumstances?

Why don't you spend some time on this cold afternoon doing a bit of research online and then come back with the answer for us, James?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 19:52 - Jan 22 with 2265 viewsJames1980

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 15:11 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

Why don't you spend some time on this cold afternoon doing a bit of research online and then come back with the answer for us, James?

Neil Adams
Keegan
Zoff
Bielsa
Capello
Curbishley
Moyes
I expect their financial situations made the decision a tad easier than it would for a lower league gaffer.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 2094 viewsEllDale

Wasn’t Keegan a notorious resigner, walking away from a few clubs?
Jack Charlton was similar in club football in that respect.
The advantage that they perhaps have over EJB is that they were financially secure and didn’t need the money.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 20:48]
Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 21:07 - Jan 22 with 2020 viewsBrierls

Hartlepool United (a) Match Thread on 11:24 - Jan 22 by dalemark

Cameron John is a fcuking horrendous footballer. He puts in pathetic challenges every week, but the ‘tackle’ that led to EEL’s brain dead sending off just sums him up. For the first goal he puts the ball back into the strikers path after it looks like we’ve blocked the danger.

Eastwood had a mixed game. I thought he did well with the punch and great save for the first, but as above let down by a spineless piece of shit. He should have done better with the long range effort, palming back into the six yard box is asking for trouble. iIt’s a probably a result of last weeks howler, he made sure he got everything behind the ball. The ironic thing is ROD was struggling with shots from distance, and Eastwood is two from two for mistakes with shots from distance!

EEL can have no complaints with the sending off, it was a reckless challenge. The infuriating thing is it was completely needless, which just sums our ‘captain’ up. Another high earner just here for a wage.

Odoh…what hasn’t already been said?

You could easily go to town on most of the players and be completely justified.

Bentley isn’t without blame. Just in the last week he’s made two massive calls with Eastwood, with both of them appearing wrong due to mistakes. I appreciate he’s got a very tough job trying to get a tune out of these shithouses, but taking off Lloyd and Hendo when we needed goals is criminal.

There was a toxic atmosphere towards the players at the end of the game. The majority of the time I’d be calling it out as unhelpful and out of order. These lot deserve every bit of vitriol directed towards them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024