Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? 19:06 - Mar 10 with 21536 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:12 - Mar 10 with 7850 viewsnordenblue

Oh crumbs, someone finally standing up for their opinions 👍
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:28 - Mar 10 with 7810 viewssxdale

It's always amusing to me that those that bandy words like woke around, are always the first to go crying to the authorities when somebody hurts their precious feelings. Even the tory politicians on question time last night weren't demanding Lineker should be suspended. Mind you when the head of the BBC finance's Boris's loans what do you expect?
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:31 - Mar 10 with 7786 viewsD_Alien

What i find interesting about this (amongst many other things) is the response of first, Ian Wright, followed by Alan Shearer

Wright came out almost immediately in support of Lineker. It may well be that the two had been in contact about the scenario of Lineker's suspension

Shearer followed a bit later. If he hadn't done so, that would've left him in a position where it'd look very much like he disagreed with Lineker's 1) opinion 2) right to express it. Or possibly both

I wonder how much not wanting to be seen to be unsupportive of Lineker played a part in his withdrawal from MOTD then. Of course, there's all sorts of professional issues that come into play, including being advised by agents etc.

It was noticeable that before the BBC decision to suspend Lineker pending further discussions around his freedom to tweet, it was reported that discussions were taking place with Lineker - and his team (of advisors)
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:35 - Mar 10 with 7779 viewsmightydale

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:12 - Mar 10 by nordenblue

Oh crumbs, someone finally standing up for their opinions 👍

Cough cough selective outrage,cough cough Qatar.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:41 - Mar 10 with 7756 viewsD_Alien

Just to add:

Stuff the lot of them. Just present the highlights, preferably more of them rather than the endless chatter. Wonder if managers/players will decline to be interviewed too? If they don't, no doubt they'll be pounced on for "not supporting Lineker"

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:47 - Mar 10 with 7751 viewssxdale

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:35 - Mar 10 by mightydale

Cough cough selective outrage,cough cough Qatar.

Indeed because Lineker's comments about Quatar on his piece to camera at the start of the world Cup were sanctioned by the BBC, additionally when Lineker last tweeted controversially the BBC said he was a freelancer and he was not subject to the same impartiality as those directly employed by them
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 20:14 - Mar 10 with 7682 viewsBrierls

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:31 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

What i find interesting about this (amongst many other things) is the response of first, Ian Wright, followed by Alan Shearer

Wright came out almost immediately in support of Lineker. It may well be that the two had been in contact about the scenario of Lineker's suspension

Shearer followed a bit later. If he hadn't done so, that would've left him in a position where it'd look very much like he disagreed with Lineker's 1) opinion 2) right to express it. Or possibly both

I wonder how much not wanting to be seen to be unsupportive of Lineker played a part in his withdrawal from MOTD then. Of course, there's all sorts of professional issues that come into play, including being advised by agents etc.

It was noticeable that before the BBC decision to suspend Lineker pending further discussions around his freedom to tweet, it was reported that discussions were taking place with Lineker - and his team (of advisors)
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:36]

This is what happens at the BBC when you don’t toe the (Tory) party line.
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 20:21 - Mar 10 with 7650 views49thseason

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 19:47 - Mar 10 by sxdale

Indeed because Lineker's comments about Quatar on his piece to camera at the start of the world Cup were sanctioned by the BBC, additionally when Lineker last tweeted controversially the BBC said he was a freelancer and he was not subject to the same impartiality as those directly employed by them

I think what is going on here is the BBC and Lineker colluding agains HMRC. Lineker has a £4.9m HMRC claim pending against his BT and BBC earnings under IR 35 regulations. My guess is that the BBC is helping Lineker to establish that he is properly self-employed or a sub-contactor of some sort and therefore able to say what he likes without BBC sanction. Where he employed by the BBC they would exercise greater control over his comments on social media, they don't, ergo he isnt an employee and therefore isnt liable for the IR35 claim ... or something of this ilk

The BBC clearly don't want to sack him, but have to be seen to be doing something so they have rapped his knuckles and suspended him temporarily until the bruhaha calms down
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 20:33 - Mar 10 with 7615 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

I volunteer. My interviewing/presenting technique would be in stark contrast to the bland, sycophantic puke spouted by Lineker & his overpaid cronies, ie “Graham Potter, were ANY of those January signings actually sanctioned by you?” Or discussing the merits of half time beheadings with Newcastles chairman?
Perhaps an entire show dedicated to league 2 pointedly ignoring every other division, much like they do with the Prem every week… What about Matt Allwright doorstepping a certain ex lifelong Dale CEO with some carefully prepared questions courtesy of posters on this forum…
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 20:45 - Mar 10 with 7574 viewsDorkingDale

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 20:33 - Mar 10 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I volunteer. My interviewing/presenting technique would be in stark contrast to the bland, sycophantic puke spouted by Lineker & his overpaid cronies, ie “Graham Potter, were ANY of those January signings actually sanctioned by you?” Or discussing the merits of half time beheadings with Newcastles chairman?
Perhaps an entire show dedicated to league 2 pointedly ignoring every other division, much like they do with the Prem every week… What about Matt Allwright doorstepping a certain ex lifelong Dale CEO with some carefully prepared questions courtesy of posters on this forum…

Absolutely. I've become disillusioned with the Lineker & Shearer "Smashy & Nicey" act in recent years - far too cocky & full of themselves. I honestly believe that they think they are above sanctions & rules that apply to their fellow BBC presenters.

Bring on Chappers.....
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:03 - Mar 10 with 7540 viewsfinberty

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 20:45 - Mar 10 by DorkingDale

Absolutely. I've become disillusioned with the Lineker & Shearer "Smashy & Nicey" act in recent years - far too cocky & full of themselves. I honestly believe that they think they are above sanctions & rules that apply to their fellow BBC presenters.

Bring on Chappers.....

MOTD is You’ve Been Framed, only with a football theme, with added smirking banter from the presenters, one of whom trousers north of £1.3M and his one dimensional sidekick on £400K.

Well overdue a clearout and a rethink.

Time for Chappers.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 21:04]
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:25 - Mar 10 with 7496 viewsSaxonDale

BBC have just announced there will be no punditry tomorrow, only highlights.
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:30 - Mar 10 with 7479 views442Dale

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:25 - Mar 10 by SaxonDale

Which sums it all up. Football wise, that’s fine for some I’m sure. The programme itself will be in danger if they don’t sort it though.

Like it or not, pundits are part of the game now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:35 - Mar 10 with 7462 viewsClivert

MOTD on a Saturday is irrelevant these days as the highlights from the days PL games are available online within half an hour of the full time whistle. It would be a massive saving to the TV licence paying public if the BBC didn't bother bidding for the highlights package next the TV rights are up for grabs.
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:36 - Mar 10 with 7462 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 20:45 - Mar 10 by DorkingDale

Bring on Chappers.....

Shearer is always a bit too critical as if he was beyond criticism in his own game.

Chappers is just a knowledgeable fellow with no agenda.

We could also get grabber Garth Crooks back, he's proper rubbish.
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:46 - Mar 10 with 7428 viewsD_Alien

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:30 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

Which sums it all up. Football wise, that’s fine for some I’m sure. The programme itself will be in danger if they don’t sort it though.

Like it or not, pundits are part of the game now.

What position do they play?

It'll be great watching the football highlights without having to fast forward through the very expensive claptrap. Just needs the same doing with the EFL stuff now
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 21:47]

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:48 - Mar 10 with 7427 viewsEllGazzell

[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 21:52]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 22:07 - Mar 10 with 7378 viewsTVOS1907

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 21:46 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

What position do they play?

It'll be great watching the football highlights without having to fast forward through the very expensive claptrap. Just needs the same doing with the EFL stuff now
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 21:47]

There's a simple solution, which I always carry out.

Record the highlights and watch them the following day, thereby allowing you to fast forward through the bits you don't like.

Simples.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 22:17 - Mar 10 with 7356 viewsD_Alien

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 22:07 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

There's a simple solution, which I always carry out.

Record the highlights and watch them the following day, thereby allowing you to fast forward through the bits you don't like.

Simples.

Yep, except i watch the same evening, usually starting about half an hour after the scheduled start

In fact, i do that with most programmes on commercial tv too, to skip the ads

In effect, part of my licence fee is going to pay Lineker et al for being fast-forwarded
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 22:18]

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 22:38 - Mar 10 with 7297 viewsTVOS1907

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 22:17 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Yep, except i watch the same evening, usually starting about half an hour after the scheduled start

In fact, i do that with most programmes on commercial tv too, to skip the ads

In effect, part of my licence fee is going to pay Lineker et al for being fast-forwarded
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 22:18]

Oh!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 22:43 - Mar 10 with 7280 viewsgriff

Nee Punditry? I might watch for a change.
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 00:56 - Mar 11 with 7159 viewsDorkingDale

Is Sweetmore not available?
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 03:58 - Mar 11 with 7096 viewsfrenzied

Why anyone would follow any of these dipsticks on Twitter is beyond me.

Of course they have a right to an opinion...but the problem is the press use it to over inflate its relevance and create a story....

The Punch and Judy exploits of Neville...dreadful managerial track record and the spitting Carragher seen on sky are complete fakery...as per Savage and Sutton on the radio...shock jockery went out in the 80s...shame that the new generation are getting fooled again.

I’ve given up on the radio and like others record and fast forward thro the mindless tripe.
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 09:00 - Mar 11 with 6915 viewsBarrowdale

Very easy for privileged people who live in gated communities with a private gp and no idea of how the influx of asylum seekers has massively changed the identity of many towns to spread their BBC woke luvvy views. Fire the lot of ‘em and employ anyone just to announce who’s playing. While they’re at it spread the asylum seekers more evenly across the country, starting with the cotswolds, Wentworth and Abingdon.
Anyone want to present MotD tomorrow? on 09:09 - Mar 11 with 6900 viewsNorthernDale

I think the BBC did the correct thing, in that it is a requirement that employees remain political neutral, they have been claims over the years of the BBC being more Liberal Left and the reaction to Mr Lineker twitter statement, may be the attempt to be seen more neutral. I rarely watch the BBC anymore, that includes the Match of the Day and I would favour the licence fee ending, why pay for something you don't use.

In respect to Lineker, I think he is a smug sh*t and the other presenters and any other staff should have the contracts cancelled for failing to honour their contracts. It needs a revamp to make it more relevant and I prefer to watch EFL highlights instead.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 9:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024